Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi (54424 Views)

Names Of Occupants Of Osborne Towers Ikoyi Where $50m Was Found By EFCC / EFCC Obtains Warrant To Search All Flats In Osborne Towers / Ikoyi $43 Million: Five Osborne Towers VIP Tenants Under EFCC Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by linearity: 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hi vuhf
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Incompetent organization; EFCC

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by oloriooko(m): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
With this ruling are we sure that stash of money truly belongs to someone or was it planted as diversionary from bubu's failing health?

6 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by louken(m): 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
We live in a funny country

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by elrony(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
So the money belongs to a ghost?... EFCC can't find the owner (what is now their job)?

This whole thing be looking like a staged crap!!! They have finished this contraption of a country!

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Sosqui: 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
To say I am disappointed is an understatement. Why is EFCC hoarding informations on the the $48m? And quick to disclose that of the former NNPC MD. This is really sad. It is obvious EFCC is not ready to fight corruption without bias. I think it is time the organization is restructured to be more effective and independent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by DrChatNuff: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
....At least it was recovered in NGR instead of U S/U K where the governments would use for their own crap
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by henryhemon(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
obajoey:
o ti pe ti mo nti gbadura, its bn long that i have been praying, O Lord give me Canadian Visa Oluwa ooo

People wey dey Canada no dey blow.
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by zomby(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
There are only 2 things that may be going on here:
1. The owner of the money is a very big fish (untouchable entity) or
2. Revealing the owner of the money may end up spilling the beans that may eventually touch many other big fish across the country.

Without any doubt, they know the owner.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by ZAWs: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
successmatters:
Even the easiest job in the world, the EFCC has failed woefully.

Who is the owner or renter of this flat?

Fayose

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by vedaxcool(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
Futureleader201:
[/s][s]

You are a fool!

Omo the thing pain this guy wella grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Doctorfitz: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
Nigeria is a joke I keep saying. So nobody owns this Money?

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by skedman(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
ramond007:
i thank god i didnt vote for this ineffectual idiot called our presido!!he has failed nigerians,we are just waiting for 2019!!
ipob always say we!!!!!! Point of correction i am waiting not we are waiting . You are alone.
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Who owns the apartment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Mpeka(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
What the nonsense ruling!
If you have reasons why FG should not forfeit the money come and give us.
In other words, if you have any reason that we should not return to the "owners" tell us.
Give us reasons why we should not cover up our own.
But why did FG not forfeit other monies?

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
i love my job

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by obajoey(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
henryhemon:

People wey dey Canada no dey blow.

baba help your boy make i go first.

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by ZAWs: 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
Doctorfitz:
Nigeria is a joke I keep saying. So nobody owns this Money?

Safety first grin
People are now avoiding a whooping $43Milli like an expired corpse!
Chia

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by nairascores: 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Who own the apartment? Do they mean to tell us that the house belong to a ghost?

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by mandax: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
successmatters:
Even the easiest job in the world, the EFCC has failed woefully.

Who is the owner or renter of this flat?

Even the police in failed Somalia can easily establish who owned the flat where the money was found. APC is a paper tiger, hoarding the truth from Nigerians.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by ndcide(m): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
At this point, I think we should just move on.
The whole thing is so obvious.

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by AngelicBeing: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
[s]
bumi10:
The Federal High Court today ruled that the $48m (Forty Eight Million Dollars) recovered from Osborne Towers in Ikoyi be forfeited to the Federal Government.

The judge also said that anybody or organization who thinks the sum shouldn't be forfeited as ruled, should appear before him and state his case.

What do you think about this ruling? See reactions below..

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/see-court-ruling-over-48m-recovered.html?m=1

[/s] Useless judgement, from a useless government, so up till now we dont know who owns 43 Million Dollars, Nigeria l hail thee, it is now becoming clearer that this useless APC government with the few PDP in this government are taking Nigerians for a ride, and the suffering and confusion continues, trust any Nigerian politician at your own peril, useless government, 2 years in power and we are yet to see a high ranking official sentenced to jail

9 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by seguno2: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]Ask oga Jonathan that was making many millionaires left and right

Jonathan sacked Stella Oduah and Barth Nnaji on suspicion of corruption.
Buhari has been protecting Babachir and Buratai despite their grass cutting and Dubai mansions corruption.
It is obvious who the Baba Isale of corruption is.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by mandax: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
ndcide:
At this point, I think we should just move on.

The whole thing is so obvious.

It is obvious that someone high in this govt owns the money. With this court judgement, no body can claim ownership of the money again. The man in govt who owns the money can't go to claim the money either.

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Origin(f): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
I'd like to know what proofs EFCC submitted to the court that facilitated this judgement.

If the money is NIA's then its the FG ( our money) and since we no longer want covert operations we can use the money for other things.

Do you know how good a defense is "covert operations" probably gives room for so many transgressions ( just like James bond's license to kill). People can just give NIA money to keep and they will tag it " money for covert operations"

Would it not be best for all security outfits to swear on oaths that they do not have government monies with them?

But EFCC sha, who last last get that apartment now. This silence de cause high BP.

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by mandax: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Jonathan sacked Stella Oduah and Barth Nnaji on suspicion of corruption.
Buhari has been protecting Babachir and Buratai despite their grass cutting and Dubai mansions corruption.
It is obvious who the Baba Isale of corruption is.

Fight against corruption by this government is dead on arrival.

Anyhow, it was Buhari who said that Abacha was not corrupt, even as Abacha's loot were being repatriated to Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Agboconsult1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
They are thick as thieves
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
Dem enemies of the state be like...

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by musicwriter(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
d33types:
I'm trying hard to believe this is not a ploy to make us believe they (EFCC) are working.
They set up the stage,and after the play,they return the money from where it came from.

For heavens sake ,is it rocket science to determine who rented the apartment?

I've been theorizing at my end that if nobody owns the money, it's either this whole thing is a stunt engineered by Buhari himself to show Nigerians he's working or the money belongs to a member of his government. Otherwise, even the head of the NIA who earlier claimed ownership of the money should be in police detention by now. It appears the head of the NIA was simply told to lay claim to the money, cause he knows he's covered by the powers that be.

8 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by bionixs: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
gberra:
Wike, Fayose, FFK, PDP, & of course IPob Mushrooms right now
(The Lagoon Connection)

Igbos always cry embarassed
you are an inherent idiot! Have you asked whose property was it found in and you are up here talking rubbish. Wasting educated tribal mumu

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by mandax: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
Little wonder the Senate has been rejecting President Buhari's nomination for EFCC Chair.

What on earth is the EFCC doing that it could not establish the owner of a flat in Lagos nd the owner of money stashed away in the flat?

Even a most Leprous Police Formation in a Banana Republic can easily find out these facts in a 24 hour period.

This govt is hoarding truth from Nigerians.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands / Buhari Saddened As Taiye Abe Dies In South Africa / Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.