Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,627 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi (54418 Views)

Names Of Occupants Of Osborne Towers Ikoyi Where $50m Was Found By EFCC / EFCC Obtains Warrant To Search All Flats In Osborne Towers / Ikoyi $43 Million: Five Osborne Towers VIP Tenants Under EFCC Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by babapressy(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
Na waah oooo

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by ceejay80s(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Flexherbal:
So that money nor get owner!

The building too no get owner, the rented apartment no get owner, we are really doomed in naija

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by KKKWHITE(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
The question is now that the money has been forfeited , what will it been used for and how will it be used ? Because recession continues

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Kayrich(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
d33types:
I'm trying hard to believe this is not a ploy to make us believe they (EFCC) are working.
They set up the stage,and after the play,they return the money from where it came from.

For heavens sake ,is it rocket science to determine who rented the apartment?

Then what is it the EFCC work?

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by wexyee: 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
ramond007:
i thank god i didnt vote for this ineffectual idiot called our presido!!he has failed nigerians,we are just waiting for 2019!!
u said u voted jonah so what re u yapin for.. We voted for pmb we will still vote him come 2019
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by k9ine(m): 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
In the words of Fashola, is it "rocket-science" for the EFCC and Police to determine who owns the apartment where the said money was found?
The EFCC and FG is just making a laughing stock of their deceit and clulessness before the world.

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Alariwo2: 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
mandax:
Little wonder the Senate has been rejecting President Buhari's nomination for EFCC Chair.

What on earth is the EFCC doing that it could not establish the owner of a flat in Lagos nd the owner of money stashed away in the flat?

Even a most Leprous Police Formation in a Banana Republic can easily find out these facts in a 24 hour period.

This govt is hoarding truth from Nigerians.

The building is owned by Ex- pdp chair and the apartment and money belongs to PEJ

Are you happy now?
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by k9ine(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
While not supporting corruption.
The Political elite played a game by using it as a means to discredit Yakubu on his future Governorship goal.
It's all about politics, friend or foe.

Sosqui:
To say I am disappointed is an understatement. Why is EFCC hoarding informations on the the $48m? And quick to disclose that of the former NNPC MD. This is really sad. It is obvious EFCC is not ready to fight corruption without bias. I think it is time the organization is restructured to be more effective and independent.

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by henryhemon(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
obajoey:

baba help your boy make i go first.

We go reason am privately.
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by ephi123(f): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
wexyee:
u said u voted jonah so what re u yapin for.. We voted for pmb we will still vote him come 2019

I, repeat, I

You have only one vote dude.

9 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by wexyee: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
ephi123:

I, repeat, I
You have only one vote dude.
u tooo
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by kynbasil01: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Ask oga Jonathan that was making many millionaires left and right
and you think this money is connected to GEJ and this government fail to bring it to media? You need to get your brain checked

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by SalamRushdie: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
linearity:
If the money already belongs to the government (aka NIA) as they are making us to believe, why is a federal court ruling that, the money should be forefeited to the government?

There is ojoro somewhere.

You are using your brain well

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by ephi123(f): 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
wexyee:
u tooo

Yep, which is why I don't go about saying "we". Eod

4 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by claremont(m): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
successmatters:
Even the easiest job in the world, the EFCC has failed woefully.

Who is the owner or renter of this flat?

You are the failure here, not the EFCC.

The EFCC discovered the looted funds, they have gone to court to secure a ruling that would ultimately mean the money will be returned to the coffers of Nigeria. If you are so keen on knowing the owners of the flat, kindly go to Ikoyi and find out for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by positivetaught: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
If the efcc fails to definitely tell Nigerians the owner of flat 7b,it's tenant n the actual owner(s) of the so called recovered loot,then it's certainly all a big farce.

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by atuagbo: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
I'm shaking my head for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by coolzeal(m): 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Shey na 43 or 45 abi na 48 million dollars? All these numerical confusion self.

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by erosimo(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Pls just go n sleep
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by osazsky(m): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

this is not abt Jonathan. Discuss d issue on ground. Buhari is not fit to b president if he does not fix dis mess since he claims to b fighting corruption

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by oyienootieno: 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
bumi10:
The Federal High Court today ruled that the $48m (Forty Eight Million Dollars) recovered from Osborne Towers in Ikoyi be forfeited to the Federal Government.

The judge also said that anybody or organization who thinks the sum shouldn't be forfeited as ruled, should appear before him and state his case.

What do you think about this ruling? See reactions below..

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/see-court-ruling-over-48m-recovered.html?m=1

Wow this was my exact comments when the news first broke out.. that means Nairaland is really helping to make our voices heard... good development.
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by osazsky(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
claremont:

You are the failure here, not the EFCC.

The EFCC discovered the looted funds, they have gone to court to secure a ruling that would ultimately mean the money will be returned to the coffers of Nigeria. If you are so keen on knowing the owners of the flat, kindly go to Ikoyi and find out for yourself.
But wen it was daziani and yakubu u guys were shouting pdp now it's apc and u say d owners identify is irrelevant provided d money was recovered hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by sanandreas(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
It would be better if we had military dictatorship than this democracy

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by numericalguy(m): 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
Stúpīd EFCC can't seem to get out of this mess just because the person that stole and stashed the money is Ameachi who is a close alley to Buhati the evil tyrant .

EFCC just shot the government of tyrant Buhari in the foot.

3 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by osazsky(m): 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
The job of EFCC is to arrest and persecute financial criminal as d Name implies. It's not enough to return d cash. D person's involved must b tried by a competent court in Nigeria. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Generaljustlike: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Double your hustle and pray for God's blessing.this country is a mess.tgere can never be justice in this land called nigeria.how csn the identities of the flat not be known by security agents in this country.that is to say we are not safe

1 Like

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by AreaFada2: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
zomby:
There are only 2 things that may be going on here:
1. The owner of the money is a very big fish (untouchable entity) or
2. Revealing the owner of the money may end up spilling the beans that may eventually touch many other big fish across the country.

Without any doubt, they know the owner.

Then they are not serious about fighting corruption as we always suspected.
It is about witch hunt of loud opposition voices or perceived political enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by tomshare16: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
Meanwhile, in Ghana, this is happening. Current President Nana Addo meets with Ex Presidents of Ghana for stakeholder consultation

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by nkemjacob2(m): 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
I was saying it that dis money APc gvt re using it to play politics. The fraudster will not be expose. This re political distraction.

Ur country Nigeria is collapsed.. There is future any longer

2 Likes

Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by Kayrich(m): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
osazsky:
this is not abt Jonathan. Discuss d issue on ground. Buhari is not fit to b president if he does not fix dis mess since he claims to b fighting corruption

Hmm PDP man.
Re: Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by mastermaestro(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
Buhari is a huge disappointment to all. What a disgusting display of idiocy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

People Killed At Buhari, APC Presidential Rally In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photo) / Presidential Election: Labour Party Releases List Of Legal Team / Dino Melaye Vs Smart Adeyemi: Kogi West Senatorial Supplementary Election Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.