Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee (36172 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / How Many Men Get Married As Virgins? / Even Marriage To A Religious Leader Does Not Guarantee Perfection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Lufthansa: 4:54am On Apr 19, 2017
OP, we know where u belong.

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Fucktensei: 5:27am On Apr 19, 2017
Humility017:

being a virgin shows discipline and self control
stop discouraging peeps keeping themselves sexually pure. even the Bible attest that it is the will of God we abstain from sexual immorality 1 Thess 4:3
there's nothinglike sexual purity! What you're talking about is either hyposexuals or asexuality
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Fucktensei: 5:40am On Apr 19, 2017
Funny, but what the OP said is completely true. Ever wondered why most of the people who married as virgins, I usually see them coming to church praying for some bullshitt called fruit of the womb? But hardly do I see non virgins doing so. Whether virgin or not, the truth of the matter is work in your own life and make your self better! Virgins are sometimes screwed up I swear!
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Xaos:
Why are non-virgins obsessed with virgins?
Same here too...
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by mployer(m): 5:45am On Apr 19, 2017
adegeye38:

I neva said its a criteria, but if you are a CHRISTIAN and you dont defile yourselves b4 marriage, you the marriage will recieve some amount of God's blessings wen troubles come

Quote a Bible verse to support it.
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by airex(m): 6:03am On Apr 19, 2017
corpersforum:
Getting married as a Virgin has been laced with so many lies and fictions. Unfortunately many bought into these lies and became confused when things are not working as they ought for them.

1. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SEXUALLY PURE.
The bible talk of purity of the body, the soul and the spirit , the body can be touched without tell tale marks, the soul can be so corrupted with evil imagination and the spirit not connected to God. Sexual purity goes beyond an intact hymen...what about the hymen of your mind?

2. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR MARRIAGE WILL LAST
The longevity of a marriage is a function of many things that your virginity has no say about. Death, Divorce, Diseases, Disorder, Even the character of your spouse and yours has a say in how long your marriage will be.

3. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU WON'T BE BARREN
fruitfulness is a fuction of you and your spouse reproductive capacities and even beyond that, barrenness has many root causes that goes beyond the couple's control.

4. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HUSBAND WON'T CHEAT ON YOU
If a man is not disciplined, he will cheat on you regardless of your virginity status before marriage. Your virginity can't correct covetousness and lust in a man's life.

5. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HUSBAND WILL LOVE YOU.
It takes more than your virginity to be loved, you have your own part to play and he has his. Besides, if a man is not trained or working on loving you, your virginity won't help out. A Man will love you if he choose to and the basis on which he makes that choice is beyond the fact that he met you as a Virgin.

6. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN GOD WILL ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS IN MARRIAGE
God answers our prayers on the basis of his goodness not ours. Your virginity is not a bargaining chip before God, he answers prayers according to his will not according to your virginity.

7. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL HAVE PEACE IN YOUR HOME
Peace in your home is a function of how you and your husband choose to respond and resolve conflict, it's a function of how much you and your spouse want the prince of peace to reign. It's a fuction of your triumph over the spirit of strife or the devil over your home.

8. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GIVE BIRTH TO GODLY CHILDREN
godly children are a product of training, discipline, prayers, hardwork and God's favour. Your children can't be godly just because you as their father or mother is got married as a Virgin. Your lifestyle in marriage is as an important factor in determining the kind of kids you will raise. Besides, many good people are raised by parents who are not virgin when they got married.

9. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY ATTRACTS GOD FAVOUR
God's favour is recieved on the basis of his goodness, our preparation ànd wisdom. It has nothing to with wether we are Virgin or not when we got married. Mary was not the only pure Virgin in Israel at her time but God decided to choose her, Rahab was a prostitute with a well known office yet she was in Jesus' genealogy, so it is on the basis of his sovereignty

10. As much as I canvass for sexual purity among young people, I cannot but mention the fact that God loves those who are not virgin, he wants them to live their lives according to his Dictate and he loves them just as if they have never lost their virginity.
He is not pleased with those who look down on them for by so doing they make themselves righteous by their own doing.

BY ALL MEANS ABSTAIN FROM SEXUAL SIN

DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER OR ELSE YOUR VIRGINITY WON'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING TANGIBLE.

REMAIN A VIRGIN FOR PREMARITAL SEX CARRIES ONLY RISK AND REGRETS

STOP RUBBING YOUR VIRGINITY ON OUR FACE.....there are other virtues a man and woman must have, have them and don't be foolish to think being a virgin is all that God wants from you, he wants you to surrender all your being to him let him have a say on your life.

Don't be like the foolish virgins be a wise one that has the EXTRA OIL (something beyond the virginity)

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/sexuality/what-getting-married-as-a-virgin-does-not-guarantee/]

Jealous ones still envy.

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by TimmyPapa(m): 6:05am On Apr 19, 2017
I see some1 wu hz been disvirgined but having regret.. nd finding a consolidating words for herself @ OP
Well Virginity Brings Trust in marriage nd unnecessary suspicion... wch has a long way to Go in marriage...

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by TimmyPapa(m): 6:07am On Apr 19, 2017
Fucktensei:
Funny, but what the OP said is completely true. Ever wondered why most of the people who married as virgins, I usually see them coming to church praying for some bullshitt called fruit of the womb? But hardly do I see non virgins doing so. Whether virgin or not, the truth of the matter is work in your own life and make your self better! Virgins are sometimes screwed up I swear!
U are wrong although am Nat a virgin oo
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Humility017(m): 6:09am On Apr 19, 2017
Fucktensei:
there's nothinglike sexual purity! What you're talking about is either hyposexuals or asexuality

there is..

bro. as a Christian I see things from the ways of God rather than the ways of man
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by TimmyPapa(m): 6:11am On Apr 19, 2017
Onwardvic:
But it means u're disciplined and determined.
Well mayb but somtimes it fear dah mak som kip dir virginity not dah dey don't wana do d shit
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Despirited: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2017
"If does not, what about it does"....don't advocate for what is not encouraging, we all know the world is corrupt already. Negative minds
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by TimmyPapa(m): 6:14am On Apr 19, 2017
JohnXcel:
If you like write 'epistles' from morning till night, na VIRGIN I go marry last last! angry angry angry
Ar u a virgin urself
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Localamos(m): 6:15am On Apr 19, 2017
bjt:

Bros you don't need to insult me, I only asked a question which the OP have already answered

I'm sorry for the outburst. It's just that the article is straight forward and deductions could easily have been made from it.

In the spirit of seeking genuine understanding, I hereby tender my apology.
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by heybee72(m): 6:17am On Apr 19, 2017
Marriage is still Honourable with the bed undefiled.. .
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by NnaMEN1(m): 6:17am On Apr 19, 2017
Follow follow
Maychang:
I totally agree with all points discussed in this write up.
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Localamos(m): 6:25am On Apr 19, 2017
JohnXcel:
If you like write 'epistles' from morning till night, na VIRGIN I go marry last last! angry angry angry

The writer is actually in support of virginity! But he's advocating for something more - purity of heart.

If you are a virgin, be pure of heart. If you are no longer a virgin, be pure of heart. More than the state of your hymen, God is more interested in the state of your heart.

That is my take on this write up.

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Sike(m): 6:36am On Apr 19, 2017
On behalf of me and my fellow Virgin, we say Good morning.

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by vicmangs(m): 6:43am On Apr 19, 2017
So u'r discouraging keeping virginty and encourage fornication?
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Onwardvic(m): 6:47am On Apr 19, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Well mayb but somtimes it fear dah mak som kip dir virginity not dah dey don't wana do d shit

Fear of what?
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by interfig(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2017
Though the post speaks the fact but the manner at which its written seems writter is pained and bent on discouraging virgins to also follow his/her uncelibate style.. Just thinking aloud o

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Bnladan(m): 6:53am On Apr 19, 2017
corpersforum:
Getting married as a Virgin has been laced with so many lies and fictions. Unfortunately many bought into these lies and became confused when things are not working as they ought for them.

1. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SEXUALLY PURE.
The bible talk of purity of the body, the soul and the spirit , the body can be touched without tell tale marks, the soul can be so corrupted with evil imagination and the spirit not connected to God. Sexual purity goes beyond an intact hymen...what about the hymen of your mind?

2. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR MARRIAGE WILL LAST
The longevity of a marriage is a function of many things that your virginity has no say about. Death, Divorce, Diseases, Disorder, Even the character of your spouse and yours has a say in how long your marriage will be.

3. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU WON'T BE BARREN
fruitfulness is a fuction of you and your spouse reproductive capacities and even beyond that, barrenness has many root causes that goes beyond the couple's control.

4. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HUSBAND WON'T CHEAT ON YOU
If a man is not disciplined, he will cheat on you regardless of your virginity status before marriage. Your virginity can't correct covetousness and lust in a man's life.

5. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HUSBAND WILL LOVE YOU.
It takes more than your virginity to be loved, you have your own part to play and he has his. Besides, if a man is not trained or working on loving you, your virginity won't help out. A Man will love you if he choose to and the basis on which he makes that choice is beyond the fact that he met you as a Virgin.

6. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN GOD WILL ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS IN MARRIAGE
God answers our prayers on the basis of his goodness not ours. Your virginity is not a bargaining chip before God, he answers prayers according to his will not according to your virginity.

7. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL HAVE PEACE IN YOUR HOME
Peace in your home is a function of how you and your husband choose to respond and resolve conflict, it's a function of how much you and your spouse want the prince of peace to reign. It's a fuction of your triumph over the spirit of strife or the devil over your home.

8. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GIVE BIRTH TO GODLY CHILDREN
godly children are a product of training, discipline, prayers, hardwork and God's favour. Your children can't be godly just because you as their father or mother is got married as a Virgin. Your lifestyle in marriage is as an important factor in determining the kind of kids you will raise. Besides, many good people are raised by parents who are not virgin when they got married.

9. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY ATTRACTS GOD FAVOUR
God's favour is recieved on the basis of his goodness, our preparation ànd wisdom. It has nothing to with wether we are Virgin or not when we got married. Mary was not the only pure Virgin in Israel at her time but God decided to choose her, Rahab was a prostitute with a well known office yet she was in Jesus' genealogy, so it is on the basis of his sovereignty

10. As much as I canvass for sexual purity among young people, I cannot but mention the fact that God loves those who are not virgin, he wants them to live their lives according to his Dictate and he loves them just as if they have never lost their virginity.
He is not pleased with those who look down on them for by so doing they make themselves righteous by their own doing.

DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER OR ELSE YOUR VIRGINITY WON'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING TANGIBLE.

STOP RUBBING YOUR VIRGINITY ON OUR FACE.....there are other virtues a man and woman must have, have them and don't be foolish to think being a virgin is all that God wants from you, he wants you to surrender all your being to him let him have a say on your life.

Don't be like the foolish virgins be a wise one that has the EXTRA OIL (something beyond the virginity)

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/sexuality/what-getting-married-as-a-virgin-does-not-guarantee/] So wat do u want us 2 do? Go and Bleep u? If u dnt hv d guts 2 encourage morality dnt go around condemn ppl. After all its dia life.

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by TimmyPapa(m): 7:06am On Apr 19, 2017
Onwardvic:

Fear of what?
1. Somladies fear d first time pain... av hrd many gals complained dat

2. D fear of unwanted pregnancy
3. Fear of dir parents...
4. Fear of d unknown( how dus sex feel)

That's y u see after been disflowerd dey now av free acess to having sex
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by salamiwasiu: 7:13am On Apr 19, 2017
This post is Devil handwork

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by vicben27(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2017
dilema of an over drilled borehole tryin to console herself! let d virgins be bae! their purity is der pride
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by alexiej(m): 7:16am On Apr 19, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
What non_virgins say to make themselves feel better

I wish I could keep liking this comment over and over!!
Don't mind the op.
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 19, 2017
You wish you were still a virgin
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
michaelwilli:

Shut up already

Who is this worm that lacks manners? undecided

Nigerians are not just it.
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by shadeyinka(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2017
corpersforum:

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/sexuality/what-getting-married-as-a-virgin-does-not-guarantee/]

I wouldn't have addressed this if not because I feel in my gut that you are most likely born again. Your post may have good intentions but you have unconsciously done more harm than good

What do you think will happen if your Pastors message on Sunday was "Drinking Alcohol is NOT a Sin".

Of course, he is correct (just like the points in your post) but he just succeeded in giving license to those who are trying their best to discipline themselves against drinking. Its like saying to those who for the sake of obedience and love for God chose to preserve their virginity to stop trying and give in to societal pressures (because, "there is no advantage

I do not think Virgins go about bragging of their virginity: if they do that, your post have a point- to shut them up. But I don't know of any virgin that brags about their virginity.

A better message would have been to encourage non-virgins and your post would have been edifying.

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by gistsky: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
Most useless post since dis april.

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by FavoredGuy: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2017
corpersforum:

No.... but they should stop thinking its all ones need to to get a good home
For the first you are posting something totally out of point. It is very close to being a trash. I mean your original post not this one that I quote here. You yourself cannot reconcile the points you raised. Being a virgin restricts one from other sins and some predisposing factors of sin. For example, a virgin might deem it irrelevant to clubbing and flirting around in the school, thereby saving her time for other important thing. At the end she may come out with a better grade that was not sorted out, or even the lower grade she comes out with (uprightly) will work in her favour more than a sorted first class or distintiction.
The bottomline is being a wise virgin as in Matthew 25 because foolishness is a big threat to our salvation

Even God is proud of virgins as well as repented sinners. He blesses them especially if they try and keep other commandments. But being righteous does not guarantee freedom from temptation. So marital success is not a reward for uprightness.

Remember Job in the Bible. He was upright yet he faced all that temptation. Abraham/Sarah had issue with child bearing. But at the end, the Lord showered his blessings on them. So, virgins facing challenges in their marriage does not mean that God does not know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Saeed110: 8:35am On Apr 19, 2017
So u ar encouraging to be diverging ability..... Mstcw
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Dionnetech: 8:38am On Apr 19, 2017
Mostly when a guy have sex with u, he doesn't end up getting married to u about 90℅, na just chop and pass...

Anyways text CLOSE to 352661 to be a virgin again.

Revirginisation grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Marry A Lady Who Smokes? / Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? / I Have intimate Urge For My Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.