Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) (48959 Views)

Two Men Kneel Down To Take Pictures With Apostle Suleman In Switzerland(photos) / Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / "My Daughter Lied Against Apostle Suleman" - Stephanie's Otobo's Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by dolapoabdul: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Onyeoguego: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
goldedprince:
i have a suit filled againt me in usa, i dont visit usa and dont even plan to do so even in my next life. till now, nobody don call me concerning the suit. stept, come and deal with that scumbag pastor in nigeria.
Bros wetin you tif?

5 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
Let me see how the process server will serve him.

What jurisdiction does the court in Canada have over this case?

For those who don't know, anyone can stroll into a court house, fill the forms, get a case number and voila! Court case. No big deal. Yes. It is that easy. You can finish filing a lawsuit before some people could finish filling JAMB forms. No lawyer(s) needed. I believe her aim is for out of court settlement. She is taking the extortion gimmick too far.

I hope she has duly signed contracts between two of them.

LOL.
\\
True that, not a big issue to file a case, na wao, filing for 5 Million Dollars grin grin grin grin, l think l like the way the case is going, the court will work with concrete evidences and not mere fabricated here-say

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Like Jesus in the Bible, I support the Ashewo over the fake Apostle.

Canada is not Nigeria; there's a concept there called Rule of Law which we are not familiar with in these parts.
The nonsense charlatan cannot twist the legal process and buy public sympathy from brain washed buffoons like he can here.

There is a lot of evidence to be tendered in this case and the justice system will examine it meritoriously.
The Canadians will find something to pin on the ars..e of this fake pastor and at the very least, he will be limited to traveling within Africa and to backwater nations lest he be extradited.

Apostle my black arse.

It is not as easy as you think. The burden of proof is on Ms Otobo. If she asserts, she must prove. Some of her evidence may not be admissible in court. Moreover, it is not enough to show evidence, she or her lawyers must tie the evidence to the claims.
If I were Suleiman, I will ignore the whole thing. The court in Canada has no jurisdiction over the case.

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
byna:

breach of trust, breach of fudiciary relations, breach of contract, negligence, defamation, poisoning, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional stress, forcible confinement, multiple instances of battery, false imprisonment, fraud, assaults, sexual assaults, sexual harassments, harassments and malicious prosecution.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/20/stephanie-otobo-files-5m-lawsuit-against-apostle-suleman-canada

16 Count-charge offence for one man - a supposed man of God? The man must be really wicked.

On a serious note, Lawyers are very funny set of people. If they count all your offence for a little misdemeanor, you would be pondering when you committed all the offences listed against you.

Lawyers are simply troublemakers than peacemakers
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
cosade:

"A letter dated April 19 2017 with case file number CV-17-573595, signed by Registrar of the Ontario Superior Court and addressed to Apostle Suleman’s Ontario residence..."

If she gets a judgment against him in Canada, the implication is that the Apostle won't dare travel to a sane country (USA, Australia, New Zealand and European countries)

do not mind those blind posters.

she has every right to file a suit against him. he owns a church in canada, he collects revenue (tithes and offerings) from canadians and he visits canada often. it is fair to say the fake apostle is resident in canada grin

8 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Like Jesus in the Bible, I support the Ashewo over the fake Apostle.

Canada is not Nigeria; there's a concept there called Rule of Law which we are not familiar with in these parts.
There is also Critical Thinking -the shameless charlatan cannot twist the legal process and buy public sympathy from brain washed buffoons like he can here.

There is a lot of evidence to be tendered in this case and the justice system will examine it on merit.
The Canadians will find something to pin on the ars..e of this fake pastor and at the very least, he will be limited to traveling within Africa and to backwater nations lest he be extradited.

Suleiman you just got served.

Apostle my black arse.

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

It is not as easy as you think. The burden of proof is on Ms Otobo. If she asserts, she must prove. Some of her evidence may not be admissible in court. Moreover, it is not enough to show evidence, she or her lawyers must tie the evidence to the claims.
If I were Suleiman, I will ignore the whole thing. The court in Canada has no jurisdiction over the case.
cool
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by linearity: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:
Apostle no dey live for Canada, make she come file suit for Nigeria grin

If she wins, he can be ban from stepping into Canada and she can enforce her judgement against the Apostle's interest and properties in Canada.

The Judgement can also be registered in Nigeria and enforced against the Apostle.

Since they met in Canada, the Canadian court can assert jurisdiction to hear the case.

I also doubt if the court in Nigeria have the jurisdiction to her the Apostle's blackmail case in Nigeria, if the alleged blackmail did not happen in Nigeria, but her lawyers in Nigeria are in the best position to look into that and challenge jurisdiction.

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by AntiWailer: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Moneyyy:
Is the Apostle living in Canada? Do Canadian courts have jurisdiction in Nigeria? This girl is funny and has a mission.

If they met and fck on Canadian soil.

There is jurisdiction

grin grin

They have discarded the suit to focus on technicalities grin
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

he cant ignore this case.

Most churches are registered as 'charities'. do not forget that he OWNS a church in Canada which means he is a member of the board of Trustees. this means he is known to the Canadian government/authorities.

A church must be registered in Canada before they can operate.

He collects tithes and offerings from Canadians and his church is subject to the government regulations controlling the activities of 'registered charities' in Canada. every church in Canada must file yearly financial accounts which must document all the money they receive.

The court in Canada has sufficient jurisdiction to hear this case.

5 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by elampiro(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
kennygee:
All I see in that woman is greed.
What about Suleman that first sued her?

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
True that, not a big issue to file a case, na wao, filing for 5 Million Dollars grin grin grin grin, l think l like the way the case is going, the court will work with concrete evidences and not mere fabricated here-say

Yes. Concrete evidence that Ms Otobo must provide.
If it goes to trial, Suleiman's lawyers will examine the evidence, scrutinize the hell out of it. Some evidence may not be admissible in court even if legit (eg. In a civil suit, a recorded conversation is not admissible if there is no consent from both parties). Legal technicalities is a beast. Having evidence is usually not enough. Like I said, I hope she has copies of the contract she signed with Suleiman.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by sekem: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

if Johnson Suleman had kept mute about this whole saga from the start, it wouldn't have escalated to this point. the evidences against him could nail him to the stake, but he kept coming up with weak defences. and his supporters are not even helping matters, as if he's infallible.

Sista, why you dey talk like dis na?

Na confam naigerian guy im be na

You know no our way again?

Na initial gra gra tins na

Besides, the apostle has his customers followers who look up to him

See, Sinator Dino wey sue Sahara Reporters

You neva wonda why we no hear from am again over his claim of cyber bullying by Sowore?

All na initial gra gra

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I have not the energy to write long replies.

Read the deposition again - and convince yourself the prosecution means business.

When a Canadian judge issues first a subpoena, then an arrest warrant, and then order of forfeiture on his property 'him eye go clear'

Edit:
One more thing.
If Stephanie Otobo were unsure of her facts she would not dare sue because that would be very dangerous if the 'pastor' counter sued for defamation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by koboko69: 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:

Otobo nor dey live for Nigeria...make he go file en own for Canada too.

In b/w Apple get house for canada....that was where the suit was sent to...

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Wolfbrother(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:

Where judges, witnesses and police can be bought? , no thanks ... shebi the prophet placed a curse on her, e neva land? grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Semper247:
Where are his supporters?

Now he can go to Canada to use their police to harass the poor girl.

The fact is, Suleiman will not escape this time, the gal has given enough evidences to make him pay for his many Crimes.

Awon stupids will still come out that buhari is sponsoring the Canadian authority to hunt Suleiman down.... Awon oloshi gbogbo

Your writeup has revealed the level of your IQ.

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
byna:

It also revealed Otobo’s status at the time as a refugee in Suleman’s care, after which Otobo had been invited by Suleman to Italy and other European countries in continuation of the grooming whereupon an amorous relationship had developed between both parties, resulting from psychological programming sessions during the grooming periods

Just thinking out loud, why grooming can not be done in Nigeria. It must have been a very mandatory grooming for it to necessitate European tour with a single lady.

The last part is what I don't understand. Please can someone explain this part "resulting from psychological programming sessions during the grooming periods?

Looks like, facts are beginning to unfold. I am watching in HD
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by koboko69: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
Moneyyy:
Is the Apostle living in Canada? Do Canadian courts have jurisdiction in Nigeria? This girl is funny and has a mission.

Apple has a residence in Canada, that is where he suit is address to...in between .is Otobo living in Nigeria...why did apple file in Nigeria too?

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Mandynews(f): 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
she might win if the whole women in Nigeria support her just like the case of Rick Ross. Rick Ross was never caught raping, he only rapped about it.

In April 4, 2013 Womens rights group ‘Ultraviolet’ hosted a protest for Reebok to fire Rick Ross. for the lyrics he performed in the song “U.O.E.N.O.,” by the rapper Rocko.

UltraViolet began circulating an online petition asking Reebok to end its endorsement deal with Mr. Ross. In the first 24 hours the petition received 50,000 signatures, Ms. Chaudhary said. A week later the group organized a protest at the Reebok flagship store, in Midtown Manhattan, in which about 100 people held signs denouncing rape and began sending Twitter messages to Reebok. That day members of UltraViolet also started a phone campaign, calling Reebok’s headquarters in Canton, Mass., to complain about Mr. Ross.

The group also bought digital ads on Facebook that were aimed at people who “liked” the Reebok Facebook page and ads online that were aimed at people who were using search engines to look up “Reebok.” The final step was a letter sent to the company on behalf of 550 rape survivors.

The company Reebok dropped Rick Ross as ambassador

“While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse,” the statement said. “At this time, it is in everyone’s best interest for Reebok to end its partnership with Mr. Ross.”

Rick Ross Apologize

“I dont condone rape.Apologies for the #lyric interpreted as rape. #BOSS,” “Apologies to my many business partners,who would never promote violence against women.

can Nigerian women ever do this? no one want to listen or believe what this girl is saying. i love my mom and i respect all women world

my name is Mandy

9 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by oksmart1992(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
No comment on this issue.... I wasn't there wen everything started.
Meanwhile, how do I look(me on camo t-shirt) ... No insult oooo abeg grin

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by linearity: 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

This is a civil and not a criminal case, she only need to prove by 'preponderance of evidence' which is a lesser proof threshold compare to 'beyond any reasonable'.

She have enough to meet that threshold and if the Pastor go to Canada and continue to say he does know her except for sending her money out of his benevolence, her lawyers will make mockery of him on cross examination. So, I think the best strategy for the Pastor is to get it dismissed and he cannot, then try to settle it outside the court.

On Jurisdiction, Canada even appear to have more jurisdiction than Nigeria in this case. He met her in Canada, invited her from Canada to abroad, etc. The courts can also assert personal jurisdiction over the Pastor if he owns properties in Canada and it appears the summon was served on his Canadian address.

In the case of Nigeria, the blackmail that was alleged did not appear to have occurred in Nigeria, so her lawyers can try if they can dismiss it on jurisdictional grounds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by koboko69: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

And he has a church and house in Canada....

I pity ur reasoning ehn..

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by sodsak: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
No fool is shouting its El-rufai sponsoring her again, people now understands sth really happened btw them...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Moneyyy:

the fake apostle was the first person to file a suit against Stephanie

is Stephanie living in Nigeria? do Nigeria courts have jurisdiction in Canada? This fake apostle is funny and has a mission.

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by ojimbo(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
komekn:

He actually has nothing to say.

Any buffoon can pursue litigation file a suit to say anything. That's freedom to justice.

Establishing the evidential basis to take it further is another matter. From what I can see she has made a very big mistake.

It may end in her being deported back to Nigeria. I have experienced cases brought forward by Nigerians in England. This is not Nigeria, where the assumption is that any story is credible. If you can't prove something it simple means it did not happen. A

Already there are gaps in her story that have been proven untrue. Once you integrity has been put to question and found wanting from that point anything you say is not credible.

If Sulieman decides to allow his lawyers to take the matter up. All her history in Nigeria will be revealed and substantiated. Generally when it comes to immigration Africans tell multiple lies. Firstly, her age will be established to be untrue quite easily. She is certainly not 23.

I await the drama.
oh my dear. Sorry for you have not traveled outside Nigeria not to talk of seeking for a sojourn in a civilised nation. When you are applying for asylum. Which is international protection. The country will even advice you to reduce your age.
So dont even try to put fear in her because she knows more than you do

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
I hope she's able to get some justice...

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
linearity:

This is a civil and not a criminal case, she only need to prove by 'propendence of evidence' which is a lesser proof threshold compare to 'beyond any reasonable'.

She have enough to meet that threshold and if the Pastor go to Canada and continue to say he does know her except for sending her money out of his benevolence, her lawyers will make mockery of him on cross examination. So, I think the best strategy for the Pastor is to get it dismissed and he cannot, then try to settle it outside the court.

On Jurisdiction, Canada even appear to have more jurisdiction than Nigeria in this case. He met her in Canada, invited her from Canada to abroad, etc. The courts can also assert personal jurisdiction over the Pastor if he owns properties in Canada and it appears the summon was served on his Canadian address.

In the case of Nigeria, the blackmail that was alleged did not appear to have occurred in Nigeria, so her lawyers can try if they can dismiss it on jurisdictional grounds.

Gbam !

she has played the ultimate joker.

the only way out of this mess is for the fake apostle to settle out of court and pay her off quietly.

the canadian court has every jurisdiction over him because he owns a church in canada and i wont be surpsied if he is on the church's payroll and filing yearly canadian income tax returns grin

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Yes. Concrete evidence that Ms Otobo must provide.
If it goes to trial, Suleiman's lawyers will examine the evidence, scrutinize the hell out of it. Some evidence may not be admissible in court even if legit (eg. In a civil suit, a recorded conversation is not admissible if there is no consent from both parties). Legal technicalities is a beast. Having evidence is usually not enough. Like I said, I hope she has copies of the contract she signed with Suleiman.
You and few others here are the once making sense. Which contract, l dont think there is any contract, it is a case of if you dont give me money l will blackmail you , every other thing is baloney & crap?. Lol, once the trial starts , you will see how most of her evidences will be thrown out of the court windows, na wao, looking for money at all cost, 5 Million dollars hahahaha grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Okafor 2016 Prophecies: Ex-President & Ex-Minister May Die; New STD / How To Overcome Ghosts, Badluck,setback,demons, Devils, Witches,curses With Salt / How Pastor Jerry Eze Became One Of The Biggest Nigerian Pastors On Youtube - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.