Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) (48960 Views)

Two Men Kneel Down To Take Pictures With Apostle Suleman In Switzerland(photos) / Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / "My Daughter Lied Against Apostle Suleman" - Stephanie's Otobo's Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by pek(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Apina:
Did she just file a restraining order all d way from Canada against Suleiman who's in Auchi, Edo, Nigeria? This biatch is plain stupid grin grin grin
You ended it by laughing at your stupidity. Guess you only read the topic.AAA

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Codes151(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
What a foolish pig! Your mama deny u! Your papa Deny u! Your sis Deny u! Who will defend u!? Or stand as a witness? Another slut of your friends For the jury?

In nigeria, you had no credible evidence, will u now recover the all of a sudden stolen phone in Canada?
Why can't u just have sense?!

Why can't u finish what u started or sth?

5 million dolls for this recession for a wacko like u!? See the crimes then mention!! All of that happened to only u!?

Repect yourself! Musician wannabe! Look for a job and do
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by grafitti(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Gbam !

she has played the ultimate joker.

the only way out of this mess is for the fake apostle to settle out of court and pay her off quietly.

the canadian court has every jurisdiction over him because he owns a church in canada and i wont be surpsied if he is on the church's payroll and filing yearly canadian tax returns grin

SMH! And all ds rofo~rofo 'fight' because of 5 minute 'enjoyment'?! undecided

When will men learn!
Men been slayed by slay Queen's since 0000

I SMH d 2nd time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Apina(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
pek:
You ended it by laughing at your stupidity. Guess you only read the topic.AAA
I actually did read it but wasn't making reference to what the op said. Take a look at what the fourth person who commented copied from SR. Asking questions when one doesn't understand is a characteristic of being common sensical, Now who's stupid!
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by olapink: 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
kozmokaz:

I wonder ooo
do u guys read to understand or what?
A letter dated April 19 2017 with case file number CV-17-573595, signed by Registrar of the Ontario Superior Court and addressed to Apostle Suleman’s Ontario residence.
he could be trial in absentia and if found guilty, know he will Never bound a plane to Canada again

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mr Suleiman has to pay for his sins for showing no remorse in the 1st instance. I pray he goes to jail after being disgraced with superior evidences in a superior court since he feels too big to admit his sins and apologise to his victim and his congregation.

5 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by grafitti(m): 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mojibola:
This is like the story of the dog aspiring to catch the monkey, apparently she has some major backup. It seems Apostle has stepped on toes

Yes........God!
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Keneeby(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dongreat:
Good one Otobo. Sue that bald man. You think is every fornication that God will punish you? Nah he will leave it for man to do. Otobo I believed you since the day you spoke and brought evidence.

You are happy becos he is pastor. Now, what are your benefits? What are you gaining? You just get excited becos a pastor got into trouble. As you are happy look at ur back more accusations is coming for you. I don't know where you will run to.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by maestroz: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:
Apostle no dey live for Canada, make she come file suit for Nigeria grin

But the apostle is wearing suit now.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by bid4rich(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Which one does she (Otobo) need? Surgery of the brain or of the spirit?

How can someone be living in Nigeria and you are taking him to Canada court?

To do what?

Is she OK?
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by maestroz: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:
Apostle no dey live for Canada, make she come file suit for Nigeria grin

But the apostle is already wearing suit now.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
Moneyyy:
Is the Apostle living in Canada? Do Canadian courts have jurisdiction in Nigeria? This girl is funny and has a mission.

Na you funny pass. Where he for commit the alleged Nackery? Na for Naija abi Canada? Use yuwa heird.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Dongreat(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Keneeby:

You are happy becos he is pastor. Now, what are your benefits? What are you gaining? You just get excited becos a pastor got into trouble. As you are happy look at ur back more accusations is coming for you. I don't know where you will run to.

And you think if I support him I won't still be accused? Sorry I am not a fan of god of men. If they are so powerful then Nigeria would have been the best country to live in. Very religious so ungodly people. And my benefits is that the fraud will be exposed.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by menxer: 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mandynews:
she might win if the whole women in Nigeria support her just like the case of Rick Ross. Rick Ross was never caught raping, he only rapped about it.

In April 4, 2013 Womens rights group ‘Ultraviolet’ hosted a protest for Reebok to fire Rick Ross. for the lyrics he performed in the song “U.O.E.N.O.,” by the rapper Rocko.

UltraViolet began circulating an online petition asking Reebok to end its endorsement deal with Mr. Ross. In the first 24 hours the petition received 50,000 signatures, Ms. Chaudhary said. A week later the group organized a protest at the Reebok flagship store, in Midtown Manhattan, in which about 100 people held signs denouncing rape and began sending Twitter messages to Reebok. That day members of UltraViolet also started a phone campaign, calling Reebok’s headquarters in Canton, Mass., to complain about Mr. Ross.

The group also bought digital ads on Facebook that were aimed at people who “liked” the Reebok Facebook page and ads online that were aimed at people who were using search engines to look up “Reebok.” The final step was a letter sent to the company on behalf of 550 rape survivors.

The company Reebok dropped Rick Ross as ambassador

“While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse,” the statement said. “At this time, it is in everyone’s best interest for Reebok to end its partnership with Mr. Ross.”

Rick Ross Apologize

“I dont condone rape.Apologies for the #lyric interpreted as rape. #BOSS,” “Apologies to my many business partners,who would never promote violence against women.

can Nigerian women ever do this? no one want to listen or believe what this girl is saying. i love my mom and i respect all women world

my name is Mandy

You make sense.

What we in Nigeria may not understand is the way the westerners take issues that has to do with a woman being emotional abused, psychological trauma, harassment, or any of such.

Apostle Suleman should pray the judge is not a feminist.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by debbie223(f): 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
Now dat #bbn is over i can now focus on dis ur matter.make suleman go d court 4 canada abeg,i wan c who win dis case.finally d matter don commot 4 naija court.now the gobbe don land.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by menxer: 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
linearity:

Canada have jurisdiction, both personal and subject matter jurisdiction; and the court will have jurisdiction to hear the case, if it can assert either, but in this case they have both...Canada have subject matter jurisdiction because, the plaintiff alleged that part of the allegations were committed within Canadian territory...Canada can also assert personal jurisdiction, because the defendant own properties in Canada.

This is a civil case, she does not need iron clad evidence. She does not need to proof beyond a reasonable doubt to sustain her claims...she only need to prove by a preponderance of evidence, which is a lesser proof burden and threshold. In a proof requiring only preponderance of evidence, to sustain their claim on each count, the plaintiff need only proof either through her testimony or evidence that the defendant 'more than likely' committed the allegation.

Also remember, there are 16 allegations against the Pastor, so even if she could not prove 1, there are 15 mor; and base on the evidences out there, it is doubtful if at least one or two of the charges will not stick. And if only one charge sticks, that will negate all of the Pastor's innocence and pronouncements that, he had never met her and was only sending her money out of the kindness of his heart.

As much as it is nice to always have a signed contract...you don't need a dully signed contract for it to be enforceable in a law court. Majority of contracts out there are oral contracts, it is up to the Judge to decide who is more believable...and sometimes duly signed contracts are not enforceable, you have to look at the content and the circumstance surrounding it.

No one, including the Pastor should take any court case with levity, any false move you are gone and I believe the Pastor will address this with the ultimate seriousness that it deserves.

Those are views that we can't comprehend from here.

Most people are looking at this case through the lens of Nigerian judiciary system which may not apply in Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
sekem:

Sista, why you dey talk like dis na?

Na confam naigerian guy im be na

You know no our way again?

Na initial gra gra tins na

Besides, the apostle has his customers followers who look up to him

See, Sinator Dino wey sue Sahara Reporters

You neva wonda why we no hear from am again over his claim of cyber bullying by Sowore?

All na initial gra gra

I see. let's see how the drama unfolds
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by sapientia(m): 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
Semper247:

See one of them, senseless people occupying cyber space.

They can't even reason any longer..... Irredeemably senseless

lol.. why are you this angry? is she your sister?

Simply counter his points na... I find credibility very serious in his post. Over there, all defence do is attack integrity of witnesses and if that succedes, game over.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Mr2kay3: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
Women can ruin ones career within minutes.Mom always tells me this
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by juman(m): 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
The lady was a moronn.

How come a nigerian pastor go marry her as second wife?
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Mojibola(m): 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
grafitti:

Yes........God!

Hmmm, pardon me please but I think its human.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by ransomed: 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
Go to ICC and file a case against him for not divorcing his wife to marry you. Tell your accomplice from Kaduna to extradite him to Canada. Desperate people with desperate quest for quick cash.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by bukolafakeye(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
kennygee:
All I see in that woman is greed.
some women's folks will defend tboss But blame Stephanie I hiss for una
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Taiwx(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
This 1 weak me die 4 apuzzle sulefo*ck undecidedcheesygrin
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by princeofatlanta: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
She is a resident of Canada, and first met the pastor in Canada .She has the right to sue him in Canada.. Reference to James ibori vs uk lawyer..
If pastor fail to respond he would be force to Canada like ex convict James ibori...Gbam
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by iswallker(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Moneyyy:
Is the Apostle living in Canada? Do Canadian courts have jurisdiction in Nigeria? This girl is funny and has a mission.

Go to another country and commit crime claiming u don't live there...

U hear...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
tintingz:
Ghen ghen!

The battle is on.

For Canada Superior Court to file charges on Apostle Sule, there are evidences on ground, Canada is not corrupt like Nigeria where our police can lick shít for money.

Nigeria is a corrupt country, the best way for Otobo to get justice is through foreign court, the same reason Dino Melaye dare not challenge Sahara reporters in U.S court, na mouth him get.
The problem is that none of the alleged incidence occurred in Canada, except for the fact that Stephanie resides there, it will be difficult to see any basis upon which a Canadian court will exercise jurisdiction...not sure what Canadian law is on this though...but I know that in Wiwa v. Shell B.P A New York Court exercised Jurisdiction purely on the basis of residency...very interesting suit
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
Codes151:
What a foolish pig! Your mama deny u! Your papa Deny u! Your sis Deny u! Who will defend u!? Or stand as a witness? Another slut of your friends For the jury?

In nigeria, you had no credible evidence, will u now recover the all of a sudden stolen phone in Canada?
Why can't u just have sense?!

Why can't u finish what u started or sth?

5 million dolls for this recession for a wacko like u!? See the crimes then mention!! All of that happened to only u!?

Repect yourself! Musician wannabe! Look for a job and do
Your rant ticks all cliched boxes...you express quintessential negro logic...bravo, your stupidity doth Shake speare well done carry on cool

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
linearity:

Canada have jurisdiction, both personal and subject matter jurisdiction; and the court will have jurisdiction to hear the case, if it can assert either, but in this case they have both...Canada have subject matter jurisdiction because, the plaintiff alleged that part of the allegations were committed within Canadian territory...Canada can also assert personal jurisdiction, because the defendant own properties in Canada.

This is a civil case, she does not need iron clad evidence. She does not need to proof beyond a reasonable doubt to sustain her claims...she only need to prove by a preponderance of evidence, which is a lesser proof burden and threshold. In a proof requiring only preponderance of evidence, to sustain their claim on each count, the plaintiff need only proof either through her testimony or evidence that the defendant 'more than likely' committed the allegation.

Also remember, there are 16 allegations against the Pastor, so even if she could not prove 1, there are 15 mor; and base on the evidences out there, it is doubtful if at least one or two of the charges will not stick. And if only one charge sticks, that will negate all of the Pastor's innocence and pronouncements that, he had never met her and was only sending her money out of the kindness of his heart.

As much as it is nice to always have a signed contract...you don't need a dully signed contract for it to be enforceable in a law court. Majority of contracts out there are oral contracts, it is up to the Judge to decide who is more believable...and sometimes duly signed contracts are not enforceable, you have to look at the content and the circumstance surrounding it.

No one, including the Pastor should take any court case with levity, any false move you are gone and I believe the Pastor will address this with the ultimate seriousness that it deserves.
Not sure the facts are as you stated but if they her then the Court may assert subject matter and personam jurisdiction....an easier way would be for them to use a long arm statute bearing in mind that the defendant could always plead forum non convenien...how do you compell appearance?
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
YelloweWest:
Now see how this girl is rubbishing a respected pastor.

The respected has since become SEXpected.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by komekn(m): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Semper247:
Where are his supporters?

Now he can go to Canada to use their police to harass the poor girl.

The fact is, Suleiman will not escape this time, the gal has given enough evidences to make him pay for his many Crimes.

Awon stupids will still come out that buhari is sponsoring the Canadian authority to hunt Suleiman down.... Awon oloshi gbogbo

I stand completely on the side of reasoning based on evidential substantiation.

I have no moral judgments and or religious ones, she's a woman and he's a man, whatever happened or didn't happen is open to multitudes of interpretation.

Consider the bold highlighted in your post. Can you tell me what act of criminality or criminal breach of law transpired, that Mr Sulieman has to pay for . Please without sentiment educate us, because I do not know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Okafor 2016 Prophecies: Ex-President & Ex-Minister May Die; New STD / How To Overcome Ghosts, Badluck,setback,demons, Devils, Witches,curses With Salt / How Pastor Jerry Eze Became One Of The Biggest Nigerian Pastors On Youtube - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.