Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress (29904 Views)

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands / Be Careful Buying Phones Here / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Gptech(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

You people are being unreasonable.
Gioneeand Tecno and any device with such specs will sell at that price if they are in Nigeria.

The price of everything increased 100 percent.
Phantom 6 was pegged at 300 dollars.

In the good days, when dollar was 150, that's 45k.
Running cost is high. It will affect price of product and services.
No maam, the truth is that Tecno and co because very very greedy! I remembered buying two phantom F7 abi F9 in 2013 for 38k. Please someone should remind us what the exchange rate was then. If the phantom 6 plus' price is indeed affected by the exchange rate the way you claim today, then the exchange rate as @ today is actually over #600/$ right? Even Gionee is overpriced in India and other parts of the world just as it is in Nigeria, so what's your point?

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:

Lols... The point is they sell crap for that price.. a xaiomi snapdragon 625 sells less than 50k! Dollar rate is not the talk here...
Techno, infinix only sells crap cos people has less knowledge of this things.. but now most are knowing!
When you get value for your money, you did be satisfied! I went Carlcare like 4times due.to several issues, i ended up abandoning the phone. What then the point of customer service?

Please, which phone was that?
I would really like to know.

Bro, let us tell ourselves the truth.
Because we are an import dependent economy...dollar rate is everything.
Everything.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by ubev01(m): 10:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
You people are just showing Nairalanders that you are Xiaomi marketers shey you know?
You have an opportunity to engage people reading this thread about Xiaomi but instead you insult people
I've not learnt anything about Xiaomi, just hearing the name for the first time today

Hearing xiaomi for the 1st time? You must be living in the stone age. 7th biggest smartphone company in the world 2016

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

So quality insults what people use their hard earned money to buy.

Quality trolls on every person who speaks in favor of tecno as a marketer, but when you speak in favour of Xiaomi, you are a fan, right?

What a quality o.
Lols... Now am clear about this whole thing!
Enjoy your money dear!
And don't be too dogmatic, it better you accept your money can give you better value else where than just been apologetic about your hard earned money. Just be enlightened.
If you choose to still stay with techno, Gracia!
I will wait for their development as we both have agreed!
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Gptech(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Everything.
Did I just hear you say the Phantom 6 is pegged at $300? shocked Now don't blame people when they call it trashy because with similar specs, even more expensive brands like Lenovo don't sell above $180.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by JayJustus(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
You come do advert for Ukitel abi kilonpe for my thread?
O ga o

that's one other Chinese brand that beats down all your tecno and infinix bollocks...

imagine a gionee f3 pro with 3gb ram 16gb ROM and topped with 2400mah battery...like seriously

xiaomi, lenovo, leeco, oukitel, ulefone, meizu, jiayu...more than enough brands that would take your infinix to the incinerator

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

No maam, the truth is that Tecno and co because very very greedy! I remembered buying two phantom F7 abi F9 in 2013 for 38k. Please someone should remind us what the exchange rate was then. If the phantom 6 plus' price is indeed affected by the exchange rate the way you claim today, then the exchange rate as @ today is actually over #600/$ right? Even Gionee is overpriced in India and other parts of the world just as it is in Nigeria, so what's your point?

I know someone who bought an E-series Nokia for over 110k.

You need to study the business environment at the time.

If Tecno was38k then, it means that bigger brands were selling x3 IN NIGERIA.

But now, everyone is looking to get quality at cheap price.

You can also notice that tecno cut back on price too. Cos going by exchange rate and the 38k you bought your F7 in 2013, the phantom 6 should be well over 150k in 2016...if they had continued with that trend.

Camon Cx was 70k flatttt when it came out.
But since dollars hit 360, we can see some shops selling for 65k....

What about iPhone.
I read a thread where we were shown what it originally costs to build an iPhone.
Well we all can testify to the final cost.

I am not comparing.

My own is....whether price or dollar increase. I understand o. But I am strongly convinced that when it comes to specs, Tecno can do better and we will get there.

Mtn operated with so much cost and we consumers paid for it. Rumors have it that they charged us high cos they had to settle some people at the top.

But today, Mtn is one of the cheapest with even better network reception.

Tecno is getting there too.
Say Amen if you believe.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Everything.
One of this phantom series, can get you pics by weekend o. Still lying dead.
Hopefully the Nigeria economy improves so we can get more value.

I will also say good night here Mrs.. regards to your cute daughter! And much respect to you!

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

Did I just hear you say the Phantom 6 is pegged at $300? shocked Now don't blame people when they call it trashy because with similar specs, even more expensive brands like Lenovo don't sell above $180.

Lol
You suppose know say them consider Naija situation before pegging at that amount.

This Lenovo you mention, is it physically present in Nigeria now?

How much is it?

Even if cheaper, remember they are not as rooted as tecno.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

I dey follow you there boss, enough goodies await me there cheesy.
Boss, na there be home. Thanks for been part of the foundation!
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:

One of this phantom series, can get you pics by weekend o. Still lying dead.
Hopefully the Nigeria economy improves so we can get more value.

I will also say good night here Mrs.. regards to your cute daughter! And much respect to you!

Finally, I can go to bed. Someone sees my angle.
If all things are equal with our economy, tell me the excuse tecno will use to sell Cx 65k.

Thanks for your time.
Una really bring me out for NL today.
I was thinking I have retired from active Nairalanding.

Lol
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dam5reey(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

You people are being unreasonable.
Gioneeand Tecno and any device with such specs will sell at that price if they are in Nigeria.

The price of everything increased 100 percent.
Phantom 6 was pegged at 300 dollars.

In the good days, when dollar was 150, that's 45k.
Running cost is high. It will affect price of product and services.

I come in again, you mean phantom 6 for 300$ forget rates... 300$ what?

Thank God you know aliexpress Search for phones priced @ 300$ and you will see the kind of specs we expected on phantom 6

Even the upcoming Mi 6 was announced to be 360$... 6GB ram 6GB ROM...
Be the Judge...

From your screen shots, it's shows you use an iPhone, so why, You have explained this on 1 thread before...

You are just supporting tecno with mouth talk.. grin
iPhone is your primary phone, tecno na for deciet reviews...
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by fizzy123(m): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
This ruckus you guys are putting on here is too much, personally I am a Xiaomi fan
Love their Smartphones,
But I'm sure why people love the phone too is cuz you get a higher performance for a cheaper rate compared to Tecno
However I don enter Banex Plaza for Xiaomi Mi4 which the wanted to sell for about 60k, where as I could get that same Mi4 for 50k in Gearbest and its successor Mi4C for even a cheaper rate of bout 40k

The point the OP was trying to make was to be precautious especially when using AliExpress because the device would packup buh from the comments i read afterwards it now seems like a fight between Tecno fans and Xiaomi fans
Just like there was a time when Tecno Phantom 6 was hyped here in Nairaland against Samsung Galaxy S6 i think...
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Gptech(m): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

I know someone who bought an E-series Nokia for over 110k.

You need to study the business environment at the time.

If Tecno was38k then, it means that bigger brands were selling x3 IN NIGERIA.

But now, everyone is looking to get quality at cheap price.

You can also notice that tecno cut back on price too. Cos going by exchange rate and the 38k you bought your F7 in 2013, the phantom 6 should be well over 150k in 2016...if they had continued with that trend.

Camon Cx was 70k flatttt when it came out.
But since dollars hit 360, we can see some shops selling for 65k....

What about iPhone.
I read a thread where we were shown what it originally costs to build an iPhone.
Well we all can testify to the final cost.

I am not comparing.

My own is....whether price or dollar increase. I understand o. But I am strongly convinced that when it comes to specs, Tecno can do better and we will get there.

Mtn operated with so much cost and we consumers paid for it. Rumors have it that they charged us high cos they had to settle some people at the top.

But today, Mtn is one of the cheapest with even better network reception.

Tecno is getting there too.
Say Amen if you believe.
Didn't actually need the economic schooling part, but you can see that the dollar increment affecting Tecno over pricing of their phones is invalid, because it is not directly proportional in anyway as you rightly highlighted.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Finally, I can go to bed. Someone sees my angle.
If all things are equal with our economy, tell me the excuse tecno will use to sell Cx 65k.

Thanks for your time.
Una really bring me out for NL today.
I was thinking I have retired from active Nairalanding.

Lol
Smiles.... I hope we won't be locking horns like this again!
By the time the economy get better! It means more quality at lesser price for xaiomite!
Be open minded techno is cheating you ooo
Sleep well and happy nairalanding unshell

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dam5reey:

I come in again, you mean phantom 6 for 300$ forget rates... 300$ what?

Thank God you know aliexpress Search for phones priced @ 300$ and you will see the kind of specs we expected on phantom 6

Even the upcoming Mi 6 was announced to be 360$... 6GB ram 6GB ROM...
Be the Judge...

From your screen shots, it's shows you use an iPhone, so why, You have explained this on 1 thread before...

You are just supporting tecno with mouth talk.. grin
iPhone is your primary phone, tecno na for deciet reviews...

I am lying down and holding my girl with one hand.
I can't handle a 5.5 inch device with one hand.

Do you understand?

And please stop.
Unless you can show me where anyone categorically states I deceived them on NL, please hold it. For real.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by fizzy123(m): 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

Yeah, true, you can get Lenovo Zuk 2 for less than $200 at Bangood.com with Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM
Its one of the cheapest Snapdragon 820 device which is even cheaper than Xiaomi Mi 5 that sells for bout $250
Best part is the clock speed of Zuk 2 is higher than Mi 5, with a Larger ROM and RAM smiley
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dam5reey(m): 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

I am lying down and holding my girl with one hand.
I can't handle a 5.5 inch device with one hand.

Do you understand?

And please stop.
Unless you can show me where anyone categorically states I deceived them on NL, please hold it. For real.

Wehdone ma, iPhone is your primary... Talk true... grin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

Didn't actually need the economic schooling part, but you can see that the dollar increment affecting Tecno over pricing of their phones is invalid, because it is not directly proportional in anyway as you rightly highlighted.

All my submissions on the reason for high price are speculations.

Dollar does have a hand. It does.
Whether they are capitalizing on this to charge us more, we don't know. We really can't say why. But I want to believe there is a reason.

But if our economy made the tiniest of sense, we will not be having this convo because NA serious backlash them go receive. But here we are.

Common ordinary Three crown is now 40naira.
I buy it without complaining because I really need it.
If you ask the company, they will blame dollars. Why should Tecno be different.

I have been holding back from saying this, but honestly, I blame Buhari sad
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by hay2zed50(m): 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
You people are just showing Nairalanders that you are Xiaomi marketers shey you know?
You have an opportunity to engage people reading this thread about Xiaomi but instead you insult people
I've not learnt anything about Xiaomi, just hearing the name for the first time today
Then I'm sorry to say you have no mouth in this matter on ground.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dam5reey:

Wehdone ma, iPhone is your primary... Talk true... grin

No.
LG G3 S is my primary phone. I just become a Tfangirl last year nau.

I have had my G3 for close to 3 years now.
Too much memories and stuff to let it go just like that.

But when it comes to keypad battles, I use my small iPhone.

It is more portable to hold.

Every other thing happens on my Tecno.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dam5reey(m): 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
Economy becomes better, then It means tecno will be out of market, cos dollar will be cheap, we can buy and order using faster logistics...

Why can't tecno use SD 625 on CX for a start..
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by nuramohammed26: 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
O.P why you go stone German Shepard wey dey sleep, now e don wake up.... BLOOD don dey drop. The difference between these Chinese OEMs especially XIAOMI & the likes of Tecno/infinix is like heaven and earth. 28K Redmi 4A will smoke 100K+ Tecno Phantom 6 out of the waters any day. & shipping stuffs from aliexpress is more secured than shipping from Jumia or konga, also you can ship with DHL which takes about a week or less. An advice to OP kindly apologize for your half baked knowledge or else the remaining gang will come for you.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by hay2zed50(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Hahahahaha
I've not been to China before nau.

Do you know what it means for me to admit that we can have better here in Nigeria?

It means I am not a paid blind bat marketer like most of you accuse me.

It is those you love you tell the truth.

I stand by my word that when it comes to PERFORMANCE, Tecno devices have not disappointed me, save for C7 that lagged then. But then all smartphones have their issues from time to time, right?

However, I look forward to an era of 4GB RAMS 2.1ghz, and Octa cores at 75k max!

It's possible.
Say Amen if you believe wink
The era wey some dey plan leave abi which one ? even the underrated RN4 MTK variant is only 1GB short of the specs you posted
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
fizzy123:

Yeah, true, you can get Lenovo Zuk 2 for less than $200 at Bangood.com with Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM
Its one of the cheapest Snapdragon 820 device which is even cheaper than Xiaomi Mi 5 that sells for bout $250
Best part is the clock speed of Zuk 2 is higher than Mi 5, with a Larger ROM and RAM smiley

Abeg which one be ban good.com

I like window shopping eh!grin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
hay2zed50:
The era wey some dey plan leave abi which one ? even the underrated RN4 MTK variant is only 1GB short of the specs you posted

Pikin must siddon before e waka.
Nuh be so?

But if e waka without siddon, that is welcome too!!

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dam5reey(m): 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

No.
LG G3 S is my primary phone. I just become a Tfangirl last year nau.

I have had my G3 for close to 3 years now.
Too much memories and stuff to let it go just like that.

But when it comes to keypad battles, I use my small iPhone.

It is more portable to hold.

Every other thing happens on my Tecno.

Based on logistics, you use LG, iPhone, and Tecno, not bad...
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:
O.P why you go stone German Shepard wey dey sleep, now e don wake up.... BLOOD don dey drop. The difference between these Chinese OEMs especially XIAOMI & the likes of Tecno/infinix is like heaven and earth. 28K Redmi 4A will smoke 100K+ Tecno Phantom 6 out of the waters any day. & shipping stuffs from aliexpress is more secured than shipping from Jumia or konga, also you can ship with DHL which takes about a week or less. An advice to OP kindly apologize for your half baked knowledge or else the remaining gang will come for you.

Abeg forget DHL
NA there the price go double.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dam5reey:

Based on logistics, you use LG, iPhone, and Tecno, not bad...

And my glorious Nokia torch light smiley

I go soon retire this my LG sha.
All good things must end nau.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by nuramohammed26: 11:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Abeg forget DHL
NA there the price go double.
Considering security and fast shipping as per O. P's statements. ... But seriously if u use Mi 5 & consider that u just pay 70k-80k to buy it, you will understand why xiaomites are ready to slap SENSE into tecnonites paying that kind of money for 1.3ghtz craps.. it's just SILLY
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:

Considering security and fast shipping as per O. P's statements. ... But seriously if u use Mi 5 & consider that u just pay 70k-80k to buy it, you will understand why xiaomites are ready to slap SENSE into tecnonites paying that kind of money for 1.3ghtz craps.. it's just SILLY

There is no 70-80k 1.3ghz tecno devicesmiley
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by gidieberry(m): 11:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

There is no 70-80k 1.3ghz tecno devicesmiley
abegi, frgt d frequency of a processor joor....make we talk abou d soc itsef

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18,000 - N23,000? / Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.