Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress (29962 Views)

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands / Be Careful Buying Phones Here / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Positive Thinking. Mind Control.

Poo
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
Haba?
You wan ask that question?
I don't diss phone brands at all
But go to Ikeja, Tecno has created direct and indirect jobs
Gptech:

Ermm? This line don too plenty, more like copied from the mouths of Nigerian politicians. You hear words like ' this project will create 50, 000 jobs', whereas na only like 1,200 jobs with people being paid #25,000. Now my question is, how many people has Tecno employed and how much are they being paid on the average? undecided
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
Abi o
henrimoto:
Boda, take it easy, biko.

no be say them pay the babe, the babe just buy one new Tecno L9 Plus last two weeks abi na last week ni
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Gptech(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Haba?
You didn't answer any question grin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

Sometimes u need to slap yourself to wake up from slumber. Our grievience with them is simple.
1) Stop producing craps,
2) Stop lieing.
3) Stop being greedy (we made dem where dey are today)
4) Stop giving out bullshit as customer care.
5) Employ people wey sabi, not all those grammarian
5) Stop cheating Nigerians
All ur assumptions above are nt valid, because Xiaomi does their home work well and thoroughly.
I have no sympathy for any crap company, my life is simple,
I get real value for my money. When u contribute to tecno, what's ur gain? What tangible thing have they done for Nigerians? Tecno and Co that can't operate in developed country and Xiaomi is doing it fine. They are currently the most preferred brand in India despite not being an indigenous company. Do the maths, it seems u get too much to waste and yet u said economy hard. Are u for real?

You need to understand that we have varying expectations from a smartphone.

All your points are valid. Very valid.

Tecno just launched in India.
The specs are waow!
But here in Nigeria, we are given below par stuff. It means they can do better. And I am seriously rooting for them.
I'm behaving like an Arsenal fan Shey?
Upon all the mistakes, they stand. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.

Tecno won with the P6. Economy and the Nigerian factor made it more expensive.

Well, that's btw. I really like their Camon Cx, especially the selfie cam and I plan on doing a device based review soon....

Watch outgrin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

Poo

Aii smiley
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Gptech(m): 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

The specs are waow!
But here in Nigeria, we are given below par stuff. It means they can do better. And I am seriously rooting for them.

Well, that's btw. I really like their Camon Cx, especially the selfie cam and I plan on doing a device based review soon....

Watch outgrin
Which phone did Tecno launch in India?

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
You people are just showing Nairalanders that you are Xiaomi marketers shey you know?
You have an opportunity to engage people reading this thread about Xiaomi but instead you insult people
I've not learnt anything about Xiaomi, just hearing the name for the first time today
Gptech:
Very very very very very grin grin grin grin, funny thread!

Anyways by the end of May, and by God's Grace, the Xiaomi thread will be over 750 pages. May God keep us all till then cool
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
Princetom1

I take back my words.

Not all your points are valid.

Tecno Does Not Produce Crap.
I repeat, TECNO DOES NOT PRODUCE CRAP!!
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

The specs are waow!

Watch outgrin

Haahahahahaha tecno in india??

Dey r late to the parry,
Xiaomi has dia hearts already,samsung nd apple cant contest.

Imagine your arguments sumtim thou,so you agree to the fact tecno gives you africans subpar less quality products?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Haba?

Those same people were always in ikeja, weda there is tecno or not.
U will see names like, geowin, kenxinda, alpha, and countless i can't remember now. Make una stop glorifying this garbage abeg

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:
Princetom1

I take back my words.

But you just said tecno giv africans subpar,substandard products,nd dey gave india an unnamed phone with wow specs,which market important pass?new untested market or old sure confirm market?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:
Princetom1

I take back my words.

For u, i can tell u that because i purchase all the phones everyone in my family use. Even the ones not in lagos. And am wiser now. Infact, i have to leave 3 phones with one of this crap company cc, make hypertension no come kill me
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
Who deserves the waww specs?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Gptech(m): 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
You people are just showing Nairalanders that you are Xiaomi marketers shey you know?
You have an opportunity to engage people reading this thread about Xiaomi but instead you insult people
I've not learnt anything about Xiaomi, just hearing the name for the first time today
First, I don't insult people
Second, we don't do marketing, no one pays us.
Third, Xaiomi don't need you, if you buy or not no problem.
Lastly, we are our brothers' keepers, and so will not advise anyone on something they will regret. Quality speaks for itself.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dani4tech(m): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
Spreads mat... grin
How can I lose when I'm with the best team? cool
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

But you just said tecno giv africans subpar,substandard products,nd dey gave india an unnamed phone with wow specs,which market important pass?new untested market or old sure confirm market?

I said it is a Nigerian problem
You do know that the team for Africa is different for that of Asia, right?

If the people we have assigned to watch the producers of these devices are doing their jobs and not chopping the money they would have used to get us more quality stuff, we would be better for it.

For example, I feel quality oozing out of this Camon CX when I hold it, but I really feel they can do better. I want the best from and for them.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

First, I don't insult people
Second, we don't do marketing, no one pays us.
Third, Xaiomi don't need you, if you buy or not no problem.
Lastly, we are our brothers' keepers, and so will not advise anyone on something they will regret. Quality speaks for itself.

Gbam,confrm talk,when phone good,quality wud speak for it self,tecno agents bliv we xiaomi fans are paid,cos most of dem are paid,nd dos paid tecno agents are not true fans,dey do it for d money nd freebies

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Matent(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:

I understand your viewpoint but buying technology devices online is too risky a move.
Why not just buy a phone like tecno where you know that if anything happens, you have an office near you that you can report too.
I wouldn't advice taking a move like that with such hardware

Yes he was right demanding for proofs.

I mean this is someone business and you shouldn't be saying all completely negative about them.

Even in Techno Stores as you recommended, I bought Tech Y6 and within 2 weeks I got issues with it and they couldn't do anything about.

Anything technology is just by luck.

The place you bought the phone doesn't matter.

I have a good experience with Aliexpress all the way.

But thanks a lots for sharing your opinion.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

I said it is a Nigerian problem
You do know that the team for Africa is different for that of Asia, right?

If the people we have assigned to watch the producers of these devices are doing their jobs and not chopping the money they would have used to get us more quality stuff, we would be better for it.

For example, I feel quality oozing out of this Camon CX when I hold it, but I really feel they can do better. I want the best from and for them.

Quality oozing out,abi when you dey charge,burnt smell dey ooze out?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

For u, i can tell u that because i purchase all the phones everyone in my family use. Even the ones not in lagos. And am wiser now. Infact, i have to leave 3 phones with one of this crap company cc, make hypertension no come kill me

Well, apart from the Camon C7 that had lagging issues. None of their phones has disappointed me....performance wise.

Specs wise, yes. But performance wise, No!
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

She shot her self there real bad! Why would i buy a subpar product that is over priced at that! When there is an aliexpress at my fingertips​ to give me double quality for less price!
Techno did not give this girl enough training!
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Well, apart from the Camon C7 that had lagging issues. None of their phones has disappointed me....performance wise.

Specs wise, yes. But performance wise, No!

All thanks to android developers who optimise apps for diff chipsets,back we mediatek was unknown,apps dey mess up nd crash die
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

Quality oozing out,abi when you dey charge,burnt smell dey ooze out?

Lol
No
cheesy

I meant that.
If quality oozes out, the cx design sure has it. Trust me wink

Btw
I thought Xiaomi NEVER has issues. Honestly.
So I did a Google search and this came up.
It's a smartphone after all smiley

For most of you, even if tecno brings quality to your noses, you will still throw up.

Anything but Tecno, right smiley

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by ThatIgboBoy: 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:
Okay, first off. Shouldn't there be proof of some sorts.
That said, I think some people are lucky with good buys from Aliexpress, while others aren't so lucky. But they assure you that if you don't receive your package, you can get your money back.

Personally, I ordered two premium watches (so I'm told). I haven't received them. I also ordered one other watch. It's close to 2 weeks now. More than sef.

Someone narrated his experience of buying an Asus device from there (I think), and he had an issue with it. He tried ordering the parts online and the price was close to what he bought the device for.

There was also an issue of an Elephone that packed up.

I have also read of situations where people neither got their package not their money.
There were also instances of no package, money returned.

So, for me, it's a risk.
But then, what isn't a risk in this life sef.

So u really left politics section just like that?

We miss u there sha
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Lol
No
cheesy

I meant that.

Btw

For most of you, even if tecno brings quality to your noses, you will still throw up.

Lwkmd! What do you expect with the "keywords" you used! Egbami ! grin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Lol
No
cheesy

I meant that.

Btw

There you go again,i wont even respond to this,google iphone issues,samsung issues etc,if those related search results wont come up,those are not issues,we never said xiaomi was all round perfect,dem be OEM too,all oem has dia issues
I wont mention tecno or infinix cos no body for world sabi dem,

Dis argument is redundant,come to xiaomi thread,meet real life users
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:

She shot her self there real bad! Why would i buy a subpar product that is over priced at that! When there is an aliexpress at my fingertips​ to give me double quality for less price!
Techno did not give this girl enough training!

I believe I have something that most of you have a hard time reconciling with.

Honesty in opinion.

Yes, I said it.
Tecno upped their game in India because they are new, so they must win hearts, right?

We too in Naija deserve more at Cheaper cost cos we are loyal.

Well, I don't totally blame them. Naija biz climate is never encouraging.

But I believe they can do better, hence my submission.

I will shoot muself in the foot over and over again if my honest submissions get Tecno to DO Better.

I will, because they are like family to me.

Capisce?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:

U dey mind am? I didnt bliv she wud stoop dat low at alll,flows dont finish quickly??
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

There you go again,i wont even respond to this,google iphone issues,samsung issues etc,if those related search results wont come up,those are not issues,we never said xiaomi was all round perfect,dem be OEM too,all oem has dia issues
I wont mention tecno or infinix cos no body for world sabi dem,

Dis argument is redundant,come to xiaomi thread,meet real life users

Well, we agree on something.
All smartphones have issues.

Naaaaaaa
Dey your lane
Make I dey my lane.

Cheer your favorite, while I cheer my favorite.

I wish you well smiley.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

I believe I have something that most of you have a hard time reconciling with.

Honesty in opinion.

Yes, I said it.
Tecno upped their game in India because they are new, so they must win hearts, right?

We too in Naija deserve more at Cheaper cost cos we are loyal.

Well, I don't totally blame them. Naija biz climate is never encouraging.

But I believe they can do better, hence my submission.

I will shoot muself in the foot over and over again if my honest submissions get Tecno to DO Better.

I will, because they are like family to me.

Capisce?

Even techo execs reading this know you spoke so low about tecno concerning there african customers,since you claim you hav sit downs with there execs,dis is d kinda idea dey reveal to you,dey(tecno) on purpose give there african customers substandard products.very bad way to treat there most loyal customers
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:

What I didn't expect.

With the way Una dey hallow Xiaomi.
Honestly, I think say Na only my Tecno sabi get fault.

When my mind told me to use that keyword, I wasn't sure I would find any.

I'm sure I will find even much more when o go to a forum that is strictly for Xiaomi phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone / MTN Loses 2m Subscribers In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.