Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. (49774 Views)

Shocking Aftermath Of Mogadishu Bomb Blast That Killed Over 230(Graphic Photos) / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Incrizz(f): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Reminds me of a movie I watched, the hero or villian caused power outage, and in the chaos hacked into the world's most secure database.

I wonder if there is a hero or villain out there right now..*wondering*
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Lange: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

All these oyinbo people! Nepa took light for 4 hours and lives stopped! Come to Naija for visitation o.

Don't mind them.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by pavy(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2017
wonderful...if you have light in ur area while reading this hit like, if you don't, hit share...let's see how many nairalanders have access to electricity ATM.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by MaziOmenuko: 11:58am On Apr 23, 2017
Shey i talk am say na curse to be born in this God fvsaken hello hole called Nigeria where citizens provide their own power, security, healthcare, education and still pay tax like mad!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by justmenoni: 11:58am On Apr 23, 2017
Even 50 to 100 storey ?

quote author=TPAND post=55794591]This is normal thing over here. Amazing to see how lazy and non challant workers are over there, they are waiting for the elevators to come on before going to their respective workstation.

Try that one here, even in UBA building marina and see if your assss will not be sent packing[/quote]
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by TroubleDude: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
at least they hv hope of light that same day..... for naija... transformer blow...... hoomyGod... it will. take two months before they check the transformer.. anoda one month to come and carry it for repairs... two more months to repair it .. oya bring it bk na...Oyo ...anoda month to bring it bk.... just prepare to stay without light for 6 months ...#naijaWhichWay

9 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by sureteeboy(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
grin grin grin It's explorers again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by EazyMoh(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
TPAND:
This is normal thing over here. Amazing to see how lazy and non challant workers are over there, they are waiting for the elevators to come on before going to their respective workstation.

Try that one here, even in UBA building marina and see if your assss will not be sent packing
Look at this village champion. Are you going to try climbing stairs to say 56th floor by yourself? Something you have never done in your life.
Those buildings are skyscrappers not your small type of office blocks.

4 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
paschal47:
I think dey said NEPA don't take light in yankee? Wetin happen here, grin grin grin grin yeye dey smell

But honestly it's not funny, there's power outage and it turns to a news, here in Nigeria, even the so called NEPA abi phcn uses generators in their offices.

Which way Nigeria?? embarassed

Actually you are looking at this news the wrong way. Just look at the disaster of a brief power outage in a country like that. Literally business stopped functioning and people are left clueless, it just goes to show that electricity is the second most important (if not the most important) amenity a country needs. Imagine a country like Nigeria having access to 24hrs electricity, business still boom even though we rely heavily on Generator. 24hrs Electricity will really boost Nigeria's productivity.

we would be a force to reckon with.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by melejo(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
Let them learn from Nigeria and buy generator, it would help a great deal. Quote me and see EFCC and DSS discover $2m in your kitchen first thing tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by bkool7(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
Godiloveu:
But this should not stop activities now, are they not first class citizens can't they improvise?, so those that need medical attention will not get it becos no electricity?.

oyinbos and blowing things out of proportion are like bread n butter.

Akute in Ogun state, ppl live without NEPA for glorious days n no noise. just hours for San Francisco it became world news. smmmh!

places like hospitals will have standby generators

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by melejo(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
Let them learn from Nigeria and buy generator, it would help a great deal. Quote me and see EFCC and DSS discover $200m in your kitchen first thing tomorrow morning
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by uzziwise: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
over here in Nigeria if light pass 6 hours people go say "Watin NEPA see" . I've stayed without light for a month and my TV started looking like decoration.

5 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by hardbody: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
bjt:
In my dear country, it is a normal thing grin

I thought this happened only in Nigeria

Meanwhile, we have so adapted that these outages don't stop work or traffic or anything. We just continue as if nothing happened. Nija is strong abeg, give it up to us already.

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by nony43(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers:
San Francisco fire department crews stand outside of an electric substation where a fire occurred, which might have caused the citywide power outage on Friday.

Crews install a generator above the Bay Area Rapid Transit Montgomery station after a power outage Friday, April 21, 2017, in San Francisco.

That means these people fit die here o

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
This is why I love Nigeria..

This nonsense will never happen here undecided
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by RaeMystix: 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure that some of our Ninja folks in both cities would be laughing this off.

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by ExInferis(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers:
People wait outside a financial district building to return to their offices after a power outage Friday, April 21, 2017, in San Francisco.

Financial workers dressed in casuals.

Yet in naija yeye execs demand people wear suits even in stifling heat due to some archaic way of thinking.

8 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by 2shure: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
If na naija now.
All those ugly low life slay queens
For don twist neck
Twist leg
Twist hand
With stolen uk iphone 6 dey pose for selfies
See as whitey dey dress normal
Shorts.
Mackers
Long sleeves
Chinoa
Anx they ladys neatly dressed

3 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Notice 9 out of every 10 person you are have their head bowed looking at their mobile phone punching God knows what. The human race is becoming robotic. I think technology is turning is to robots. The takeover has begun folks.

4 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Rilwayne001: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
hopsydboi:
See how power outage looks so abnormal.... Meanwhile somewhere in Africa called Nigeria, if the power is stable beyond 12hours i go begin to dy fear. That the abnormality!

Naso. 12hours ON amounts to 3days OFF. grin

This country is hell lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by SAVAGEBETS: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
gaddem
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Qasim6(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
May God punish all those that put us in this kind of mess.

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by tivta(m): 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
Power supply is rocket science in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Dopeluiz(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
bjt:
In my dear country, it is a normal thing grin
na we dey even beg dem to take lite sef...
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by goaldynboy: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
kingphilip:
Ehya make them sorry o.. Remain for our government to commensurate with them for the power outage.. Govt wey no go commensurate with their people when people die but if one person die for outside na dem de first send condolences

Shey na we wey no de see light for how many hours a day go come experience this kind thing de shout Ni?? Na normal normal for here

You mean *Commiserate?!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by bilulu(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
Qasim6:
May God punish all those that put us in this kind of mess.
all the past military rulers, Obj, GEJ, Buhari, all the ministers, all the state governors from 1960, Lord lugard, all the local government chairmen....

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by linearity: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
TPAND:
This is normal thing over here. Amazing to see how lazy and non challant workers are over there, they are waiting for the elevators to come on before going to their respective workstation.

Try that one here, even in UBA building marina and see if your assss will not be sent packing

You are comparing Apple with Oranges.

It occupational hazards for them to go inside that building, these are skyscrapers with no windows to let air in, so they rely on electricity 100% for ventilation, asking people to work like this is a code violation; if phones are not working, It means they can't call 911, another code violation; if anything happen up there, since elevators are not working, it will take emergency crew a longtime to response, which is a liability and another lawsuit against the employer; most of these workers use computers to do their jobs, if no light...their productivity is zero.

There are only negatives if you ask workers to go in and work in that condition and zero benefit. Those outside there may just be waiting to get in, take their belongings and head home for the day or to the park to chill out.

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by mkpikpub(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
oyigbo people are funny. Dem no get generator? So they only produce generators for Nigerians? Wetin Power get to do with traffic? Dem no get yellow fever? Dis people sef

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by deolu2000(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
Guess the CIP device that Jack Bauer usually protects finally got to the hands of terrorist. Where is Chloe to path me through to CTU.Copy that over!!!

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by kabillion(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
Generator is sold downtown.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by gabe1234(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
no matter what happens....I REP NAIJA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hamas Built Mock Israeli Town To Practice Attack. Israel Did Nothing. / Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / McDonald's Under Fire In South Africa For Feeding Israeli Soldiers (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.