Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. (49773 Views)

Shocking Aftermath Of Mogadishu Bomb Blast That Killed Over 230(Graphic Photos) / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by dingbang(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
gnaftalee:
Ladies with the laptop and phones, nice.... Down here you can be seen as an Internet fraudster.... Sars for don beat you like Kilode before asking any question grin
illiteracy has just eaten deep into their reasoning I swear
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by dingbang(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nigerians we àre stupid I swear... The govt opens up borders for generator imports since they are d ones having d business.. They import it for the masses, we buy.. They don't give us light.. Isnt dat corruption?

Do u think people who want to start a generator selling business abroad in united states will make it? No! Because their govt is hardly corrupt

Am not just happy with d way we reason
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by redsun(m): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
You have to be in the preneolithic age to be without electricity for even one hour. It is not just possible in the 21st century world..

3 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Abagworo(m): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sometimes simplicity is an advantage. This has shown the typical flaws associated with dependence without alternative plans.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by LoveJesus87(m): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers:
Waiting for elevator to resume: Kate Davis, from left, Alex Rodriguez, Molly Gasch and Marissa Osowsky works on steps in front of their office building in San Francisco during a power outage in San Francisco, Friday, April 21, 2017.
Don't mind them. When we tell all des oyinbo people to buy generator they wee nor listen. If na naija here we don quick on our I better pass my neighbor sharp sharp grin grin

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
seeing this pictures and I begin to wonder if it is over for Nigeria...
we are million light years behind the so called western countries... we are yet to be incubated talk less of crawling... Nigeria is jinxed to fail no matter what is done to revive this country..imagine this making international news and we are used to them as Normal...dark minds with dark attitudes ...

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by golddust6000(m): 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
emmanuelpopson:
seeing this pictures and I begin to wonder if it is over for Nigeria...
we are million light years behind the so called western countries... we are yet to be incubated talk less of crawling... Nigeria is jinxed to fail no matter what is done to revive this country..imagine this making international news and we are used to them as Normal...dark minds with dark attitudes ...

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by czarr(m): 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
darbeelicous:
nepa take light them no go on Gen? Hehehehe grin grin grin grin make Una dey there dey wait!

#i_love_naija cool cool
nigeria doesn't love you!

You dey suffer Dry shout you love naija,the oppressed have been so oppressed for so long they no longer see it as oppression it's now a way of life,something to be proud of.

4 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by jibs4lv(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

All these oyinbo people! Nepa took light for 4 hours and lives stopped! Come to Naija for visitation o.
dey ll surviv if dey come visitin simply because our day to day activities ar nt solely base on eletric automation unlike dem,even as dia is power outage,many cannt flush toilet lol...God bles my country and better her more !

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by VanBommel(m): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
PaulKillerman:
u call that nonchalant?
Because we live like animals ; I mean the black animals we are doesn't mean other humans must live like us; they are humans and not animals for heavens sake..
So u expect someone walking the stairs to the 50th floor to prove active right? Please I think it is pertinent u deprecate your tomfoolery for ur own good...
yeeekpa

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by egopersonified(f): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
benuejosh:
am waiting for that time in Nigeria were a whole city will be on a stand still because there's power outage.

Are you indirectly saying you want to live to 700 years?
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers:
San Francisco: A sign informs customers that a restaurant is closed due to the power cut.

everything about these people just unique eeh..
see handwriting sef.. If na Naija, you go dey things like "I am a barbing"

3 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by LBanks(m): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
TPAND:
This is normal thing over here. Amazing to see how lazy and non challant workers are over there, they are waiting for the elevators to come on before going to their respective workstation.

Try that one here, even in UBA building marina and see if your assss will not be sent packing
As in eh, I tire. So only small light wey go na I'm be all this one .We dey suffer for this country oh
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Akaujaa(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
This shows that majority of Americans don't have power generating (generator) sets and this who have it, don't depend on it as means of generating power. Nigeria and by extension, Africa have a long way to go.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by jfleece(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Chascop:

everything about these people just unique eeh..
see handwriting sef.. If na Naija, you go dey things like "I am a barbing"
funny girl..
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by gottliebglobal(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akaujaa:
This shows that majority of Americans don't have power generating (generator) sets and this who have it, don't depend on it as means of generating power. Nigeria and by extension, Africa have a long way to go.
Akaujaa:
This is correct. Individuals don't need generating sets because this type of occurrence is very rare. However, there are thousands of people that are on life support machines that cannot afford disruption of electricity, therefore it is typical in medical establishments and other sensitive areas to have multiple grids of electricity. If there is an outage in one grid the other grid automatically starts and one would never notice it. It happens in a blink of an eye.
Pls, quit comparing Naija with the USA as that basis of comparison will NEVER exist.

2 Likes

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Reference(m): 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
grin China go soon launch another brand of genset.... 'I pass my African brodas'....
Or those Tec abi na Thermoccol generators wey get title like senator, big man. .... go soon name new model..... 'Yankee Doodle'.....
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by jasawa: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
bjt:
In my dear country, it is a normal thing grin
can you sacrifice a quarter of what their founding fathers sacrificed to make their country great?
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by caprini1: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Omo yankee and chervolet are like bread and butter.
Tell me you don't love the sound when the engine revs?
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Gassa007: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
bqlekan:
Shey that restaurant that closed because of power outage no get stove and gen nii? Hanhan sad bunch of lazy arses..

On a more serious note, what will happen to San Francisco if the power outage exceeds 30 days?
Suffer Head
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Gassa007: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
2dugged:
if no elevator why not take the stairs and exercise your legs?
To 60-80th floor
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by cotzywitzy(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Eyah I trust my country Nigeria... Generator noise go Don kill you...
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Eaglesence: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers:
People wait outside a financial district building to return to their offices after a power outage Friday, April 21, 2017, in San Francisco.

Na wetim dem dey wear go work be that? T shirts, geans, etc la wa oo. My pipu for we kontri go sput up inside coat for we heat cheesy

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by hero2000: 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
TPAND:
This is normal thing over here. Amazing to see how lazy and non challant workers are over there, they are waiting for the elevators to come on before going to their respective workstation.

Try that one here, even in UBA building marina and see if your assss will not be sent packing

This comment is not a well-thought one.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by hero2000: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

We are more than capable of stopping ourselves. We've been doing it successfully for more than 50 years.

This comment is GENIUS!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by johnstar(m): 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
darbeelicous:
nepa take light them no go on Gen? Hehehehe grin grin grin grin make Una dey there dey wait!

#i_love_naija cool cool

Weytn u love foe 9ja? Na bcus moni plenty for ur hand na
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Awoo88: 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
bqlekan:
Shey that restaurant that closed because of power outage no get stove and gen nii? Hanhan sad bunch of lazy arses..

On a more serious note, what will happen to San Francisco if the power outage exceeds 30 days?
The law suit from those claiming damages will hit a trillion dollars. If you amala left get spoiled, you join in claiming damages. Hungry class action lawyers will be very busy. As a result, it will it last 24 hours before the thing is back on

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by bigtt76(f): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
We only need to get our sh1t right and we would be the greatest country in the world ...but angry these our politicians won't allow us! In na Naija ...no one builds a skyscrapper and depends on NEPA/PHCN to run it grin There would always be a primary independent power source (Generator) ....public mains remains backup for us tongue

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by hero2000: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Godiloveu:
But this should not stop activities now, are they not first class citizens can't they improvise?, so those that need medical attention will not get it becos no electricity?.

oyinbos and blowing things out of proportion are like bread n butter.

Akute in Ogun state, ppl live without NEPA for glorious days n no noise. just hours for San Francisco it became world news. smmmh!

And that is why the whole GDP of Akute is not more the productivity of some 25yr old man in California! SMH!

Rejoicing in backwardness. SMH!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
Abagworo:
Sometimes simplicity is an advantage. This has shown the typical flaws associated with dependence without alternative plans.

Now this is one smart person right here. Without electricity, traffic signals can't work. Without operational traffic signals, many American cities would be in chaos. So many things wouldnt work. You'd be surprised that this my be a sting operation to see how a big city (police, medics, emergency services and fire fighters) reacts to a sabotage such as this.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Gassa007: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
TPAND:

SufferHead!!!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gassa007:

To 60-80th floor
thank you, I believe Explorers made that clear earlier on the thread undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hamas Built Mock Israeli Town To Practice Attack. Israel Did Nothing. / Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / McDonald's Under Fire In South Africa For Feeding Israeli Soldiers (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.