Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (106920 Views)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Heavyweight Fight Confirmed For March 31 / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
Afam4eva:
If Joshua wins, he will be the second Nigerian to win the heavyweight title after Samuel Peters.

AJ and that bum DO NOT belong in the same sentence and AJ is the IBF heavyweight champion of the world. And he has been since 2016 when he knocked Charles Martin out in the 2nd round. AJ is the real deal - Samuel Peters was a sloppy and fat fighter.

However, if he wins tonight, he's going to add the WBA and IBO titles to his laurels, with Deontay Wilder holding the WBC title. Deontay Wilder is a farmer with a big right and if and when they get in the ring together - AJ should knock him out and unify the whole division.

AJ should knock Klitschko out before round 11.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua looking the part... Nicely ripped for a heavyweight - I guess you could say the same for Klitschko too, especially at 41!
I hope his test samples come back clean after the fight.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by kcsadf: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
see details below and smile to your bank account... we hit them where it hurts...

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Robosky please what time is the match
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by hadaydhollarpo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
bakynes:
I heard on Radio SS will not show the match, the match is exclusive to Sky Sports.

Someone shd please tell me I didn't hear right coz I really need to watch the match.
that will be a big miss for us. Despite huge sub moni dis S.A firm will never cease to milk us dry. E ko shi joor.....
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Jbleenk: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Which sport channel is gonna show this fight in Nigeria?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
LastMumu:
If not because ministers and government officials are irredeemably corrupt, Bash Ali not Anthony Joshua should be the one fighting Klitschko tonight. angry
Bash Ali ? Don't embarrass yourself bro

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Abujaexpress: 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Joshua- youthful strength
Klitsco : Oldful experience

I give to the latter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by hadaydhollarpo(m): 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Bash Ali ? Don't embarrass yourself bro
shey d old man wc was rumoured to fight with voodoo?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
hadaydhollarpo:

shey d old man wc was rumoured to fight with voodoo?
Even Mayweather that does not belong to his weight class will crush him ? Bash Ali who?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ttmacoy: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
Yeah I feel the same as well, though on the other hand I'm not sure which Klitchko will turn up.

If it's the same that showed up against Fury then AJ should win easily, but if it's a hungrier klitchko then AJ will have a tough night.

Either way should be a good fight.

Ralphlauren:
I honestly do not see AJ winning this fight.

Klischko has the advantage of experience over him.

It's too early in his career to take on such an experienced and much older fighter. I think he's doing this fight solely for the paycheck.

For AJ, it's £16million in earnings just from one night.

My prediction : AJ is knocked out in the 10th round and Klischko retires from professional boxing after this.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
Abujaexpress:
Joshua- youthful strength
Klitsco : Oldful experience

I give to the latter.

Forget experience, that _shit is overrated. By the time Joshua will be landing them powerful punches on Klitschko white jaw, the only experience that would come to play is the one Klitschko has on hitting the canvas. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Kingharzyz(m): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
bakynes:
I heard on Radio SS will not show the match, the match is exclusive to Sky Sports.

Someone shd please tell me I didn't hear right coz I really need to watch the match.
w
Download mobdro and whatch it .
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ttmacoy: 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
They mean the biggest fight to take place in Britain in history. The fight is taking place at Wembley London not Ukraine. Last record was Froch v Groves at same Wembley with 80,000 live spectators. This fight has sold 90,000.

Besides Klitchko is Ukrainian not Russian.

Selling 90,000 tickets to a fight is something to boast about.

Afam4eva:

I thought Klischko was Russian. Wetin concern Britain inside now. Why do you britons always boast when there's nothing to boast about.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by mechanics(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
Goodluck to Joshua
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by robosky02(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
He is British nah..wetin concern us?

NA NAIJA PIKIN OH

ANTHONY OLUWAFEMI JOSHUA grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by YelloweWest: 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
ogobaby23:
Win for Nigeria Joshua
He tried to represent Nigeria but Nigerian rejected him cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Please guys I don't want to miss this fight, what time and which of the Skysports channels is showing it. embarassed
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by YelloweWest: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Joshua is British..his success goes to Britain..forget that he is a Nigerian by parents
But he tried to represent Nigeria and was rejected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by castrokins(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Goodluck Kid. Wladimir Is Intimidating But You Can Do It. GO!!!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by YungJo207(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
I dey fear ooo, my heart don dey shake oo

Anthony Joshua ehhhh. That klitschko of a dude when I heard Tyson Fury beat am I happy no be small I hope AJ pay him back for what he did to our beloved Samuel Peters.

sad sad undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by babyfaceafrica: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
YelloweWest:

But he tried to represent Nigeria and was rejected
source?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by toseen7: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
Can't wait to watch this fight cheesy .....
Joshua all de wayyyyy!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by robosky02(m): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
The last Nigerian that fought grin

but today will be different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUyDidPaIo0

Wladimir Klitschko vs Samuel Peter 2005 Tribute
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by TheEminentLaity: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jeez! Klitschkos' are Ukranian undecided
euromilion:
The British born Will destroy the Russian tonight,everyone is putting a bet on the Russian,but am going for the underdog.

C'mon let's show putin that we've arrived.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by deedeedee1: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua must win this match. Amin ashe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by YelloweWest: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
source?

Chicken curry.

Ask google

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ebije1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
femo86:
Abeg, where I fit watch am
Shey Channels TV abi na AIT go show am grin grin grin
Dove tv and Emmanuel tv

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
ttmacoy:
They mean the biggest fight to take place in Britain in history. The fight is taking place at Wembley London not Ukraine. Last record was Froch v Groves at same Wembley with 80,000 live spectators. This fight has sold 90,000.

Besides Klitchko is Ukrainian not Russian.

Selling 90,000 tickets to a fight is something to boast about.

Thanks for educating the olodo afam4eva.

Apart from sold out seats Wembley station, the money from "per per view" is going to set a new record.

Sky is advertising the fight at £19.95 for online streaming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:
I honestly do not see AJ winning this fight.

Klischko has the advantage of experience over him.

It's too early in his career to take on such an experienced and much older fighter. I think he's doing this fight solely for the paycheck.

For AJ, it's £16million in earnings just from one night.

My prediction : AJ is knocked out in the 10th round and Klischko retires from professional boxing after this.

Lmao @ 41-year old Klischko knocking AJ out.

When was the last time Vlad Klischko knocked out anyone taller than 6'4 with almost the same reach reach as him? I'm sure you know Vlad and Vitale are two different Klischkos, no? Better don't waste your money on that type of bet because it's never going to happen.

Both have almost the same reach and height. Both had great amateur careers with Olympics medals...so they can both box. However, AJ has the advantage in age, agility, power, hunger, and raw strength - while Vlad has experience to his advantage.

Don't expect AJ to fight him the same way he fought Dillian Whyte due to emotions and wanting to shut the guy up. He's going to box him, take away the highly effective jabs, and wear him down with speed and pot shots. The 41-year old wouldn't be able to deal with what's going to hit him once it's past the 6th round. If Klischko is going to have a chance - he has to do it from round 1-3. After that, his chin and old legs would have to come up big. Put your money on AJ...he's in his best shape ever and he's hungry.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
Funjosh:
Please guys I don't want to miss this fight, what time and which of the Skysports channels is showing it. embarassed

Sky box office.

Or you go to Sky's website and pay £17.95 to stream it live. https://skyboxoffice.neulion.com/video/event

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.