Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (106913 Views)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Heavyweight Fight Confirmed For March 31 / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rio Ferdinand, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lennox Lewis and Holyfield at ringside.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
optional1:

ok

meaning they will start @10pm

9:45
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
10pm ki? to 11 now
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by deedeedee1: 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ 41-year old Klischko knocking AJ out.

When was the last time Vlad Klischko knocked out anyone taller than 6'4 with almost the same reach reach as him? I'm sure you know Vlad and Vitale are two different Klischkos, no? Better don't waste your money on that type of bet because it's never going to happen.

Both have almost the same reach and height. Both had great amateur careers with Olympics medals...so they can both box. However, AJ has the advantage in age, agility, power, hunger, and raw strength - while Vlad has experience to his advantage.

Don't expect AJ to fight him the same way he fought Dillian Whyte due to emotions and wanting to shut the guy up. He's going to box him, take away the highly effective jabs, and wear him down with speed and pot shots. The 41-year old wouldn't be able to deal with what's going to hit him once it's past the 6th round. If Klischko is going to have a chance - he has to do it from round 1-3. After that, his chin and old legs would have to come up big. Put your money on AJ...he's in his best shape ever and he's hungry.

sirshymexx i hail ooo. I do want omoluabi to win today sha.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by optional1(f): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
naptu2:

9:45
ok thank u.
Can't follow it.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Wembly Stadium.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
ok dey don dey ready oh make i balance
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dr Steel Hammer (Klitchko) makes his entrance (to loud boos from the crowd).
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
optional1:

ok

meaning they will start @10pm

Babe come sit beside me here in Wembley cool calling Kliitschko npw the challeger coming out from the room to the ring
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by gberra: 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
optional1:

are you watching it
wish I could, & you?

The smiling one cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
papa klich don land
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ednut1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
eyah, Klitscho is losing abeg
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
And now, Anthony Joshua.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
our boy joshiskil don land too ohhh
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by safarigirl(f): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Odds are on Anthony to win.

Hard to think a 41-year old will win a 27-year old in a game of boxing. Guessing it will be down to wit and grit.

Anyway, Nigerians will naturally gravitate towards Anthony.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Joshua now been called, finding his way to the ring from the room. home boy is coming cool
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by tayorh(m): 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
My heart wants Joshua to win, but my head is saying Klitschko will win
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by pamcode(m): 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

When was the last time Vlad Klischko knocked out anyone taller than 6'4 with almost the same reach reach as him? I'm sure you know Vlad and Vitale are two different Klischkos, no? Better don't waste your money on that type of bet because it's never going to happen.

Both have almost the same reach and height. Both had great amateur careers with Olympics medals...so they can both box. However, AJ has the advantage in age, agility, power, hunger, and raw strength - while Vlad has experience to his advantage.

Don't expect AJ to fight him the same way he fought Dillian Whyte due to emotions and wanting to shut the guy up. He's going to box him, take away the highly effective jabs, and wear him down with speed and pot shots. The 41-year old wouldn't be able to deal with what's going to hit him once it's past the 6th round. If Klischko is going to have a chance - he has to do it from round 1-3. After that, his chin and old legs would have to come up big. Put your money on AJ...he's in his best shape ever and he's hungry.

Peter Fury, who trained nephew Tyson to beat Klitschko, told BBC Radio 5 live:

"Klitschko probably folds his bed sheets a certain way. So what do you give someone who is a perfectionist? Give him everything he hates. Upset his rhythm, fire shots from all angles.
"I think it's too soon for Joshua. I think his boxing skills leave a lot to be desired. I think he gets hit far too easy, especially with the jab. On a world level you can't be open like that.
"I think a lot of it is inexperience. Ultimately if you've got a leaky defence in the heavyweight division, I don't care if you have dynamite in both hands, you are coming unstuck sooner or later."

What your take
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by pamcode(m): 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

Peter Fury, who trained nephew Tyson to beat Klitschko, told BBC Radio 5 live:

"Klitschko probably folds his bed sheets a certain way. So what do you give someone who is a perfectionist? Give him everything he hates. Upset his rhythm, fire shots from all angles.
"I think it's too soon for Joshua. I think his boxing skills leave a lot to be desired. I think he gets hit far too easy, especially with the jab. On a world level you can't be open like that.
"I think a lot of it is inexperience. Ultimately if you've got a leaky defence in the heavyweight division, I don't care if you have dynamite in both hands, you are coming unstuck sooner or later."
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by LordOfNaira: 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
AJ's undoing will be his putting in too much efforts in the early stages. He will tire out too quickly and the sly Dr Steelhammer will finish him off.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by toseen7: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
LordOfNaira:
AJ's undoing will be his putting in too much efforts in the early stages. He will tire out too quickly and the sly Dr Steelhammer will finish him off.

IMO Aj never gather much experience.... But i want him to win this.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by LordOfNaira: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
I also think AJ has got no slyness, no strategy, just raw strength.

Quote me, experience will win this. AJ will lose!!!

I am sorry.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
safarigirl:
Odds are on Anthony to win.

Hard to think a 41-year old will win a 27-year old in a game of boxing. Guessing it will be down to wit and grit.

Anyway, Nigerians will naturally gravitate towards Anthony.

Hmmmmmmm................... this a a game of boxing where anything can happen, the odd on Joshua to win still amaze me because its not gona be a smooth ride for any of them.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
sumuel peter go dey say for he mind, abeg beat dis guy 4 me joshiskil
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Philistine(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ok. Let's see how this goes!
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ednut1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I am sorry.
undecided, ko in 4 rounds by AJ
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony should have requested for a Nigerian pre flight song.

I like the fact that the Nigerian flag is displayed in his corner.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ebubemg(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Fight about to start o

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I am sorry.
anything can happen, it will not be easy for both guys.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by LordOfNaira: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
toseen7:
IMO Aj never gather much experience.... But i want him to win this.

Unfortunately, he won't win, except by luck.

For one thing, his inexperience is glaring, he throws punches but does little to ward off punches. He rushes everything and has been lucky all the way. This fight will be his greatest test yet. He is about to learn how to box properly. If he wins, fine, but I doubt he would.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by oodua1stson: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:
I honestly do not see AJ winning this fight.

Klischko has the advantage of experience over him.

It's too early in his career to take on such an experienced and much older fighter. I think he's doing this fight solely for the paycheck.

For AJ, it's £16million in earnings just from one night.

My prediction : AJ is knocked out in the 10th round and Klischko retires from professional boxing after this.
remind of Mike Tyson's age when he wiped the floor with veteran champions.

Anthony Joshua is the future. He's the truth
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by optional1(f): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Funjosh:

Babe come sit beside me here in Wembley cool calling Kliitschko npw the challeger coming out from the room to the ring

sweetie can't sit and watch it oh.. My eyes are shutting down...

We will watch Chelsea and assnal match together in this same Wembley on May 27th

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.