Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (106912 Views)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Heavyweight Fight Confirmed For March 31 / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by robosky02(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOn3VpEkmOg

Wladimir Klitschko vs Anthony Joshua | Best Knockouts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 4:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ 41-year old Klischko knocking AJ out.

When was the last time Vlad Klischko knocked out anyone taller than 6'4 with almost the same reach reach as him? I'm sure you know Vlad and Vitale are two different Klischkos, no? Better don't waste your money on that type of bet because it's never going to happen.

Both have almost the same reach and height. Both had great amateur careers with Olympics medals...so they can both box. However, AJ has the advantage in age, agility, power, hunger, and raw strength - while Vlad has experience to his advantage.

Don't expect AJ to fight him the same way he fought Dillian Whyte due to emotions and wanting to shut the guy up. He's going to box him, take away the highly effective jabs, and wear him down with speed and pot shots. The 41-year old wouldn't be able to deal with what's going to hit him once it's past the 6th round. If Klischko is going to have a chance - he has to do it from round 1-3. After that, his chin and old legs would have to come up big. Put your money on AJ...he's in his best shape ever and he's hungry.

Good analysis bruv.

Truth is the match can go either way.

Klitschko really wants the win badly so that he can retire from boxing on a high.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by dacovajnr: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=ednut1 post=56038697] wrong. klitschos advantage is height and reach. punching smaller guys from afar. AJ is tall and fast. Klitscho going down bro[/quotEE]Exactly why Fury was able to beat him...most Klitschko's fights were against shorter Opponents hence he was able to knock out SP
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by FunkyMetahuman: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Josephamstrong1:
Pls naija time and station for the bout abeg.
8;30

Check uk sky sport 1 to 5
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Good analysis bruv.

Truth is the match can go either way.

Klitschko really wants the win badly so that he can retire from boxing on a high.

It's one thing to want it badly so as to leave on a high. However, it's another thing for the body to have what it takes to deliver due to age. And he doesn't have his brother, Vitali's punching power.

Look at his last three fights with half-decent heavyweight boxers: Fury, Povetkin, and Jennings. He lost to Fury because he couldn't use the height/reach advantage for his effective jabs, while he won via UD against both Povetkin and Jennings who're 6'2 and 6'3 respectively. And none of the three has AJ's speed, power, and amateur pedigree.

Picture what Mike Tyson did to Larry Holmes...that's what's gonna happen tonight. Just give me props when it happens lol.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by babyfaceafrica: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by FunkyMetahuman: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
euromilion:
The British born Will destroy the Russian tonight,everyone is putting a bet on the Russian,but am going for the underdog.

C'mon let's show putin that we've arrived.
klitscko is ukrainian

And he is the underdog in this fight.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by robosky02(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
advocatebaba:
biggest fight in history base on the numbers of viewers or what research on mayweather vs manny and also mohammed ali rumble in the jungle. Modified *british biggest fight... nw i understand*

mohammed ali rumble in the jungle. was just 60,000

hmmmmm grin

the fight can move Joshua from champion to become a Legent.... yes

you heard me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by chiraqDemon(m): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
In anatoly's voice
Klitschko, u are bratva, u are brother, show him what we are made of

Sha joshua win for us o. But omo klitscho get experience pass am. I de see kiltschko
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ 41-year old Klischko knocking AJ out.

When was the last time Vlad Klischko knocked out anyone taller than 6'4 with almost the same reach reach as him? I'm sure you know Vlad and Vitale are two different Klischkos, no? Better don't waste your money on that type of bet because it's never going to happen.

Both have almost the same reach and height. Both had great amateur careers with Olympics medals...so they can both box. However, AJ has the advantage in age, agility, power, hunger, and raw strength - while Vlad has experience to his advantage.

Don't expect AJ to fight him the same way he fought Dillian Whyte due to emotions and wanting to shut the guy up. He's going to box him, take away the highly effective jabs, and wear him down with speed and pot shots. The 41-year old wouldn't be able to deal with what's going to hit him once it's past the 6th round. If Klischko is going to have a chance - he has to do it from round 1-3. After that, his chin and old legs would have to come up big. Put your money on AJ...he's in his best shape ever and he's hungry.

Bro AJ hasn't gone more Dan the 6th round before in his entire career , so if d match goes beyond d 6th round d Ukraine man might just have d day because he has seen it all, he has fought up to d 12th rounds

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by idris4r83(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
What Nigeria time would the fight take place
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by temitope277(m): 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
i tip joshua to win this fight
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by MicroBox: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
Just wake up by 12:00am goto youtube and download the fight, or if you have Mobdro you can watch it at the expense of your data..
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by eternalcity(m): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
I want Joshua to win but something tells me Klitschko still has one last great day to offer.

But who has update about the money involved? Did they get close to the Mayweather vs Pachiao fight?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
vicflexzy:

Bro AJ hasn't gone more Dan the 6th round before in his entire career , so if d match goes beyond d 6th round d Ukraine man might just have d day because he has seen it all, he has fought up to d 12th rounds

He has gone past the 6th round twice in his career. He knocked out both Dillian Whyte and Dominic Breazeale in the 7th round. And when you look at both fights, he boxed for most of the rounds: Dillian (round 3-7 after he got rocked by a wild swing for being careless) and Breazeale (from round 1-7).

Have you seen the guy train and what he does? He'll never run out of gas due to his training style and what he does. You can't be fitter than that guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

He has gone past the 6th round twice in his career. He knocked out both Dillian Whyte and Dominic Breazeale in the 7th round. And when you look at both fights, he boxed for most of the rounds: Dillian (round 3-7 after he got rocked by a wild swing for being careless) and Breazeale (from round 1-7).

Have you seen the guy train and what he does? He'll never run out of gas due to his training style and what he does. You can't be fitter than that guy.

Am actually rooting for Aj . it will be a great fight come tonight . he banned his mum from watching.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by dragonking2: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:
I honestly do not see AJ winning this fight.

Klischko has the advantage of experience over him.

It's too early in his career to take on such an experienced and much older fighter. I think he's doing this fight solely for the paycheck.

For AJ, it's £16million in earnings just from one night.

My prediction : AJ is knocked out in the 10th round and Klischko retires from professional boxing after this.
Well we can't say who exactly will win. Klitschko lost in his own backyard to Tyson fury and fury was the same age with little experience as AJ. Yes, this is going to be the biggest match of Joshua's life. To fight klitschko no be beans ask Samuel Peters..

BTW klitschko ain't retiring after this match because he has a rematch with fury.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
£17.95 wetin shocked, for this kin time, i will kuku download or watch the fight later then THANK YOU grin
Ralphlauren:

Sky box office.

Or you go to Sky's website and pay £17.95 to stream it live. https://skyboxoffice.neulion.com/video/event

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by AkinPhysicist: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
Oluwafemi abeg discipline that bloody Ukrainian - Omo Akin ni e.

Wetin him do Samuel Peters still dey pain me

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
dragonking2:
Well we can't say who exactly will win. Klitschko lost in his own backyard to Tyson fury and fury was the same age with little experience as AJ. Yes, this is going to be the biggest match of Joshua's life. To fight klitschko no be beans ask Samuel Peters..

BTW klitschko ain't retiring after this match because he has a rematch with fury.

The fight is going either way, as the naija connection concern we are just behind our boy AJ cool
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ogobaby23(f): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
YelloweWest:
He tried to represent Nigeria but Nigerian rejected him cry
Yes I read that somewhere. Rather unfortunate
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
Y'all be shouting he should win for Nigeria like this country allowed him when he wanted to represent us.. .. Abagzu pipo
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SalamRushdie: 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:
I honestly do not see AJ winning this fight.

Klischko has the advantage of experience over him.

It's too early in his career to take on such an experienced and much older fighter. I think he's doing this fight solely for the paycheck.

For AJ, it's £16million in earnings just from one night.

My prediction : AJ is knocked out in the 10th round and Klischko retires from professional boxing after this.

That paycheck to good to turn down
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by sirfee(m): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua all the way,I don't wanna miss this fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by FunkyMetahuman: 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

It's one thing to want it badly so as to leave on a high. However, it's another thing for the body to have what it takes to deliver due to age. And he doesn't have his brother, Vitali's punching power.

Look at his last three fights with half-decent heavyweight boxers: Fury, Povetkin, and Jennings. He lost to Fury because he couldn't use the height/reach advantage for his effective jabs, while he won via UD against both Povetkin and Jennings who're 6'2 and 6'3 respectively. And none of the three has AJ's speed, power, and amateur pedigree.

Picture what Mike Tyson did to Larry Holmes...that's what's gonna happen tonight. Just give me props when it happens lol.
I had a bet with someone that aj will KO vlad in 5 rounds tonight.

The fight is more or less a passing of touch like someone said on this forum. Ending of klitsco era and the begining of Anthony joshua's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by sirfee(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
I had a bet with someone that aj will KO vlad in 5 rounds tonight.

The fight is more or less a passing of touch like someone said on this forum. Ending of klitsco era and the begining of Anthony joshua's.
Seconded
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
vicflexzy:

Am actually rooting for Aj . it will be a great fight come tonight . he banned his mum from watching.

His mum is always scared whenever he's in ring. So it's understandable why she was banned from watching him to save her the stress/duress that may come with it. At the end of the day, she's proud of what her son has achieved and how he had been able to turn his life around from being caught up in the street - to boxing - with help of his brother, (G)benga whose boxing career has hit a snag. He's also her only son (he has half-brothers...his dad has about 8-10 kids).

You just have to root for him. Heavyweight boxing has been dud for over a decade since Lennox Lewis retired. And AJ has brought excitement back to the division. Heck, you can even make an argument that boxing hasn't been that interesting since Mayweather retired. And if AJ and all the other heavyweight prospects like Joseph Parker and Deontay Wilder can bring the excitement back, since that's historically the most interesting division in boxing - he deserves all the support in the world. Then you've Lawrence Okolie who's still green but on the come-up as well in the cruiser weight division and he should also move to heavyweight if he can clean out that division because he has always been a big kid and he should be too big for that division in 4-5 years.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
Funjosh:
£17.95 wetin shocked, for this kin time, i will kuku download or watch the fight later then THANK YOU grin

It's actually £19.95. grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ManTiger(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua should capitalise on his age, he should be precise and not all out in attack. This is same mistake Samuel Peter did and got him beaten.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
He is of Nigerian descent. I hope the beating of Samuel Peters is not his portion
robosky02:
Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko: WBA heavyweight Fight sat 29th April 2017

Boxing returns to Wembley Stadium connected by EE in 2017 for a heavyweight bout of titanic proportions.

On Saturday 29 April 2017 Anthony Joshua will face Wladimir Klitschko under the arch for the IBF, IBO and WBA Super Heavyweight Championships of the world.

It will be the second time in three years Matchroom Boxing have partnered with the national stadium to bring boxing to an enormous stadium audience.

In 2014 a packed house saw Carl Froch knock out George Groves in a highly anticipated rematch.

Joshua was the opening fight of that memorable night as he despatched Matt Legg inside a mere 86 seconds.

No doubt the current IBF World Heavyweight Champion would love a repeat of that performance on 29 April!

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2017/Joshua-v-Klitschko/Joshua-v-Klitschko#goLJsgljXW8GWoHj.99
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Malawian(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
what time is the fight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.