Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (106916 Views)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Heavyweight Fight Confirmed For March 31 / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by AspDrone(m): 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

I thought Klischko was Russian. Wetin concern Britain inside now. Why do you britons always boast when there's nothing to boast about.
Klitschko is from Ukraine not Russia
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by FunkyMetahuman: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
wink

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Alphacrissy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
bakynes:
I heard on Radio SS will not show the match, the match is exclusive to Sky Sports.

Someone shd please tell me I didn't hear right coz I really need to watch the match.
Bros, it's not a match but a bout

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by quickly: 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
the match should be a repeat of mike tyson vs larry holmes

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by bizza45: 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
can the bout be streamlined with mobdron I need to really watch it
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by dragonking2: 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Funjosh:

The fight is going either way, as the naija connection concern we are just behind our boy AJ cool
Yeah
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
For those interested in watch online, SKY has started the pre-main bout schenigans.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
I am hoping Joshua wins.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by maclatunji: 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kwese Free Sports is showing this fight live on terrestrial television in Nigeria, check UHF 32.

Why Anthony Joshua is Favourite to Beat Wladimir
Klitschko

http://www.opinions.ng/anthony-joshua-favourite-beat-wladimir-klitschko/
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by engrMikemd(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
quickly:
the match should be a repeat of mike tyson vs larry holmes
1986 and he was 20 years old then
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by robosky02(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Telegraph Sport‏Verified account
@TelegraphSport

 Follow

 More

Klitschko: "If Anthony wins this fight I will congratulate him - but when I win I will help him to come back." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2016/12/14/anthony-joshua-vs-wladimir-klitschko-first-press-conference/

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

It's one thing to want it badly so as to leave on a high. However, it's another thing for the body to have what it takes to deliver due to age. And he doesn't have his brother, Vitali's punching power.

Look at his last three fights with half-decent heavyweight boxers: Fury, Povetkin, and Jennings. He lost to Fury because he couldn't use the height/reach advantage for his effective jabs, while he won via UD against both Povetkin and Jennings who're 6'2 and 6'3 respectively. And none of the three has AJ's speed, power, and amateur pedigree.

Picture what Mike Tyson did to Larry Holmes...that's what's gonna happen tonight. Just give me props when it happens lol.

Haha. Okay. Will do.

Give me props too if AJ loses.

The naija part of me wants him to win though. Did you watch the BBC documentary on him? It was on TV last week and you can catch up on iplayer. He really does deserve all the success he has earned.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Davidblen(m): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua Should Bring All his best the guy is skilfull but klitscho is an 'IDI AMIN' when it comes tatics and knockout so i give dis to klitscho
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
One of favorite Anthony Joshua fights will be against dillian Whyte. He f-ked that dude up bro grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by kolaish(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Can someone tell me what time is the bout starting precisely please.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by robosky02(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
Top 10 boxing matches held in stadiums

1. Julio Cesar Chavez v Greg Haugen - Estadio Azteca, 1993
In terms of fight attendance, Julio Cesar Chavez against Greg Haugen was quite simply the biggest fight in boxing history. A record 132,274 crowd packed into Estadio Azteca in Mexico City to witness Chavez unleash a merciless beating on Haugen. The stage was set with barbed wire and a moat surrounding the ring to protect both fighters from a pulsating mob baying for Haugen's blood.

2. Henry Cooper v Cassius Clay - Wembley Stadium 1963, Highbury 1966

The two heavyweight greats twice traded blows in an English football stadium - the first, held in front of a 35,000-strong Wembley Stadium crowd in 1963, is largely considered to be one of the best yet most controversial bouts in history.

3. Joe Bugner v Frank Bruno - White Hart Lane, 1987
A clash of the titans in North London; Australian Joe Bugner, who fought such greats as Cooper, Ali and Joe Frazier, was vociferously jeered by a White Hart Lane crowd during a pugilistic battle with home-favourite Bruno.

4. Lennox Lewis v Frank Bruno - Cardiff Arms Park, 1993
Some 25,784 fans watched as Bruno impressively took the fight to Lewis. Bruno frustrated Lewis by cancelling out the champion's right-handers, but it was not to be third time lucky for Frank; Lewis caught him with a powerful left-hander in the seventh round before referee Micky Vann stopped the fight with Bruno staggering on his feet

5. Nigel Benn v Chris Eubank - Old Trafford, 1993

'Judgement Day' in Manchester. The WBC super-middleweight champion against the WBO champion. Benn-Eubank II, 47,000 fight fans and a rematch between two magnificent warriors fuelled by their hatred for each other; not only the biggest fight of a generation, but arguably the biggest fight ever built up between two British adversaries.

6. Mike Tyson v Lou Savarese - Hampden Park, 2003
A farce of a fight which ended on a sour note in Scotland. Tyson, three fights into his latest comeback, simply went ballistic as soon as the first bell sounded. He knocked Savarese to the canvas in 15 seconds with virtually his first meaningful shot, but his opponent recovered.
Savarese should probably have stayed down, for Tyson continued to barrage him like a man possessed and landed near enough every punch he threw. Referee John Coyle intervened, only for Tyson to shove him to the floor as well. Tyson's corner stepped in, Coyle raised his hand to leave the Scottish crowd booing after witnessing only 38 seconds of action.
The post-fight interview was just as infamous, with Tyson - who has since admitted in his autobiography that he was high on marijuana and cocaine for the fight - virtually incoherent. "Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man," he ranted. "My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

7 Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler - Millennium Stadium, 2007
Over 50,000 people were in attendance to watch Joe Calzaghe unify the super-middleweight division with an enthralling unanimous decision win over Mikkel Kessler. Both fighters were previously unbeaten and entered the ring as world No.1 and world No.2 respectively, while the fight was Calzaghe's 21st defence of the WBO belt.

Kessler gave everything he had in order to keep hold of his WBC and WBA titles, but Calzaghe - buoyed on by a thunderous home crowd -stood firm to ensure his dominance as the world's best super-middleweight.

8.Ricky Hatton v Juan Lazcano - City of Manchester Stadium, 2008
Ricky Hatton's 'Homecoming' fight following his first-ever defeat as a professional, to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Despite this fight not carrying the enormity or the hype of Benn-Eubank II, Manchester still turned out in its droves to welcome back their beloved son. 55,000 fans - a post-war record attendance for a British fight - welcomed Hatton into the ring to a rousing rendition of 'High Ho Ricky Hatton' and his original crowd pleaser, Blue Moon.
But they were not treated to a classic Hatton performance - far from it - in the defence of his IBO title. Hatton was rocked in the eighth, and again in the tenth, as Lazcano showed spirit which was not meant to have been included in the script. Somehow, Hatton held on and even gave MC Michael Buffer a hug as he announced

9.Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye - Imtech Arena, 2011
Not David Haye's finest moment in a boxing ring. In drab, wet, chilly conditions which reflected his performance, Haye struggled to make any noticeable impact against an all-dominant Wladimir Klitschko.
Home to Hamburger SV, Haye was simply devoured by Klitschko in a procession a world away from the fight's official poster tag of 'The War'. It was meant to be the unification of several world heavyweight titles, but Haye finished by throwing anything and everything without much consideration.
Klitschko won, as expected, by unanimous decision and Haye was left to lick his wounds. The Brit went on to blame his substandard showing partly on a broken toe he had suffered weeks before the fight. In October 2011, three months after losing to Klitschko, Haye announced his retirement - but he would be back before long.

10. David Haye v Dereck Chisora - Upton Park, 2012
A year after losing to Klitschko, Haye returned to the ring for a second consecutive stadium fight. In front of 30,000 spectators he took on British rival Dereck Chisora in a grudge fight dubbed 'Licence to Thrill'.
The bout occurred in bizarre circumstances; Haye and Chisora came to blows in the aftermath of the latter's WBC world heavyweight title loss to Vitali Klitschko. Tempers flared at the post-fight press conference which resulted in a brawl between the two Brits. Despite issuing a statement of apology, Chisora had his British boxing licence revoked and the pair's animosity reached fever pitch.
Despite many objecting to it, the fight went ahead under licensing from the Luxembourg Boxing Federation and Haye finally got his revenge. Chisora worried him with a fierce left hook at the end of the third, but Haye recovered to end the slugfest in the fifth round by knockout. The pair hugged at the end and admitted a new-found respect for each other in their press-conference; quite the opposite to Benn and Eubank.

http://en.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/283181.html

1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by klarrychenko94: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
You can stream it here. They have started the other matches, we all are waiting for the main event

http://www.stream2watch.cc/livenow/boxing/27244/sky-box-office-anthony-joshua-v-wladimir-klitschko-live-stream
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by legba1(m): 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
I beg give us consistence update. Thanks. As he dey hot
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by imakedollar: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
For those watching pls update us
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
Live on DBN/Kwese Free Sports. Pre-match hype.

Only the main event left. All the other fights have been concluded.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
You can watch it live and for free if you are in Lagos. Just tune to DBN/DMS Channel 32 UHF.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Klitschko is pacing in the dressing room.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield are ringside.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
KFS is showing the match live on local TV station God bless Strive Musiwa cool
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by optional1(f): 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
gberra:
Afonja Joshua all the way. Oba TKO.

The smiling one cheesy
are you watching it
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by optional1(f): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
who are those watching the match please update.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
optional1:
who are those watching the match please update.

They haven't started yet. They are still hyping the match.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by watchindelta(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
watchin the pre on stream2watch site but the main fight not start yet
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by optional1(f): 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
jaybee3 are you watching this boxing match
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by optional1(f): 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
naptu2:

They haven't started yet. They are still hyping the match.

ok
meaning they will start @10pm
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by femi4: 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rumble in the Jungle

The year Ali shone like million stars

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Funjosh(m): 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
This is going to be a good match, not like the fight between Pac Man and May Weather.

Just saw Arnold now. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.