Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision (52480 Views)

Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Woman Exposes Her Husband Who Got Married To Another Woman Last Week / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Clearer01: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Call her back to resolve the issue, make her know that you love her, go outing with her make her mind to calm down for a while, make her know the important of marriage, and forget the past mistakes, apologies for her, beg her to tell what you shouldn't do that you should do continues. But if she don't accept want you, give her time. If she goes beyond your power pray for forgiveness and decide like a man.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by kciefe(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
Mr Man, First I will advise you for the sake of your son to apologies to your wife (Reasons being you didnt marry her becos of few hours marriage party celebration) as from your statement she is not the cause why your arrangement was not as you expected(Her kids men are the people you paid money to according to you) Plus you shouted at her on your marriage day I understand you where angry but if you check it very well its not her faults.And dont allow things of this world to separate you from your wife..I will advise you to look for people that your wife will listen to and beg her, because a woman that had agreed to marry you now after the celebration she refuse to come to your house meaning you over retracted, Although I am not blaming you.

I beg for the sake of your son just beg her and ask her to come back home...I am sure she will listen to you.
BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by omooba969(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
2dugged:
this right here is the problem, I think the fact that you have been living together is why they are not "excited" about the whole thing, I suggest you calm down

@bolded,

The question is 'where do we go from here'? Not 'excited' because they've been living together is equal to crying over a spilled milk.

If the feeling is mutual, the efforts will be equal. cool
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Starships4u(m): 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.

Sir to be candid, you just got ur self into an unrepentant bullshit family from what i read, but wont conclude yet till i read your wifes version.....
But before its too late, delay the marriage proper for quite a long while
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by prince13: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
I WILL ADVICE THE OP TO TAKE THIS PIECE OF ADVICE GIVEN BY @HENRY PRAISE, CALM DOWN AND WALK WITH,YOU WILL BE OKAY..
Henrypraise:
from ur statements d reasons u gave dat is leading to ur divorce is:

1. ur in-laws misappropriated ur marriage funds or swindled u

2. ur wife didn't show up after marriage as tradition demanded...

from reason 1... how was ur reaction wen u found out dat funds av not bin utilised? where u harsh in words?

from reason 2... did u ask her why she didn't show up as demanded by tradition? n wat was her response...

Bros even if u are right to des questions, remember u ar d man n d rudder to stir ur ship is in ur hands... I will advice u calm down n administer d silent treatment... its d dreaded weapon n it buys u time to calm down, strategies n conceal ur game plan....

besides dis is a woman hu bore u a son n probably u av co-habited for about 2 years peacefully n d events of abt a week is abt to tumble ur union? bro look beyond ur nose n stir d rudders of ur ship tru d storm n unto favourable waters.......

wish u luck

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by imam07: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
@Op the family that supposed to come and prostrate and beg you for scamming u. Why will they be telling u they are no more interested in the marriage again after collecting ur money. Why were they not interested before u gave them the money. The family scam u by using their daughter.1+1=2 or 11. That is go ahead with d marriage and see hell or leave the marriage and have rest of mind. This is the advice i can give to my blood. Thai is if u told us here is the truth. I can't be begging a woman that can endanger my entire life. I want u to know wedding is different from marriage. U have not entered marriage but u are about to so b4 u enter decide very well. No going back if u enter am.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by creepsyme(f): 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

dearie kindly walk away from them odawise u will regret hanging on in future trust me . Eyez that will go blind in the nite begins to bring out puss in the morning, this is just an early warning.... pls be properly guided... plus give her the little boy he will be fine with her for now.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by InvertedHammer: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

/
Listen to yourself. You think it is going to get any better?
The sooner you get out, the better. What exactly will you apologize for? Your misery is only beginning. Do not marry out of pity. You can continue kicking the can down the road but the inevitable is around the corner. She has answered "Mrs" and it seems that it is all she and her mother care about.
Be a man!
/

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
omooba969:

@bolded,

The question is 'where do we go from here'? Not 'excited' because they've been living together is equal to crying over a spilled milk.

If the feeling is mutual, the efforts will be equal. cool
Same thing happened to my uncle, infact my mum and her sisters (thank God I didn't go) came back with empty stomachs, that's where I got perception from, but considering the fact that her(my uncle's wife) both parents are dead,it didn't cause any friction, infact everyone went on like nothing happened, that's why I suggest the op calms down
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Zedoo(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
Gold digging inlaws...... Better scamper

Or

Marry another with immediate effect.....

Else

A lifetime of misery awaits....

Question.....

Hope she has a job? If not, you are being and will continue to be MILKED!!!!!
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by bencarson007(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

. Be a man and grow some balls... No beg anybody. U were wronged and ur wife sorry to say have no single shingba atom of respect for u... If dem no beg u, put ut baby for day care and pour all ur love on him... If u like,go beg...u would have successfully given them ur mumu remote and dem go use control kill U
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Longcucumber(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.
thank God we still have nigerians with complete brain set nice brain set you gat there.to the op for your own sake this is the only advise that you need to consider.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Lloydfather(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
I don't want to ready anybody comment before I say something. My brother marriage is a prison where u enter and find it difficult to come out. If what u wrote here is truth pls leave that woman and move on. If u start begging now u will forever be a begger, their is nothing wrong in a man begging his wife but not on this type of issue. U have to be a man and act now less u regret ur life. That lady doesn't regard u as somebody that is why she's behaving like that.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Chibydinho(m): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2017
You would have continued enjoying the baby mama.. See what I wan marry has done to you... Eeeya.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2017
achieverme:

And how long will he have to continue playing the fool? For the rest of his life?

He can set his rules once the issue is resolved and she's back in his house. For now he has to go soft and gentle to remedy the situation. Going out guns blazing now will make him loose all!
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Habeyy(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.
I concur with your assertion
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by talk2saintify(m): 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Probably She Married yhu Cuz of the entitlement she assumed to get after the divorce

ah advice yhu to think wisely before making yhur final decision...

Mind yhu a Marriage Without Joy, Peace and Happiness is not worth calling a marriage..........

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by KAYD007(m): 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
baibrown:
Horrible woman to leave from Tuesday to Friday with no explanation. I'm sure you hurt her feelings very well but to leave for 3 nights you must not accept or you lose all power forever. Keep the child until she begs you to forgive her but don't forget to apologize first for hurting her on her wedding day.

I agree with you but before he should apologies for what ever reason...she, together with the rest of her family must show remorse for their actions and apologies to him first...yes First! look! your marriage is just few weeks old, you must show yourself as a no nonsense person especially when it comes to such behaviour as exhibited by her and her people...do not form weakling ooh angry

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by imam07: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
2dugged:
Same thing happened to my uncle, infact my mum and her sisters (thank God I didn't go) came back with empty stomachs, that's where I got perception from, but considering the fact that her(my uncle's wife) both parents are dead,it didn't cause any friction, infact everyone went on like nothing happened, that's why I suggest the op calms down
Calm down to do what please? Do u boyfriend and girlfriend issues is the same with husband and wife issues? If what the OP said is true there is no any amount of calm down that can make a right thinking man to proceed with that marriage. The man's parents sef will not permit it.Even if i gave them money with bad mood, does that warrant them to put me in such messy situation. A wife that doesn't listen to what i say.what do u expect will come out of it. Mother in-law that did not train her daughter well. The lady only trapped u with d wedding be showing u her character. Trouble sleep,yonga go wake am nah your case.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by talk2saintify(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Probably She Married yhu Cuz of the entitlement she assumed to get after the divorce

ah advice yhu to think wisely before making yhur final decision...

Mind yhu a Marriage Without Joy, Peace and Happiness is not worth calling a marriage..........

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by KAYD007(m): 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
Associating with a small-minded people is one of the hardest things to do. . . When you disingenuously allowed them to carry out their shenanigans around you, you see them revel and conclude in their erroneous belief that they're truly smarter than you. Resist them from carrying out their shenanigans around you, you see them cry victims. Then, reciprocate their vices in equal measures and see them either plan to kill you or kill themselves.

But na wa for you, your said immediate negative reaction at the traditional wedding ceremony wasn't palatable at all. In fact, the issue between the two of you is a fundamental one.

Well, assuming that she (your wife) had not uttered the separation word, I'd say, initiate a peace move (not begging) with her mother. But as it stands now, you really need to allow your wife to self-willedly come on her senses. Maybe she just achieved self-realization just immediately after tying the knot with you, and then realized that indeed you aren't what she need in a man. . . Never say never. If this happened to be the case in the end, kindly let her leave for good. Never deny anyone freewill, so long as cruz of the matter - her decision - is not intended to enslave you.

One of the worst things that will ever happen to a sane and sound person is, putting up with a disgruntled party. Believe you me, living with a frenemy is dangerous. Loyalty isn't negotiable, because it breeds understanding which itself breeds love.

And for the sake of your child, allow either your separation or reconciliation with your wife not to cause enmity between you too. Yes, two people previously in any form of relationship can separate without necessarily becoming enemies.

The issue between you too isn't really a problem rather it has to do with disparities in your individuals ethical leanings, it's fundamental. You and her/her family aren't of the same ethical leanings.

You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by achieverme(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

He can set his rules once the issue is resolved and she's back in his house. For now he has to go soft and gentle to remedy the situation. Going out guns blazing now will make him loose all!

I don't think that woman will follow any rule o. She and her mom will see this as a victory and the next thing is to go for the kill. They will forever see him as a weak man. If the gal wants to be reasonable, her mama will continually poison her mind. If the man sets any uncomfortable rule, don't be surprised to see the girl moving out of the home in annoyance and arrogantly.

3 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by oyejideogunjumo: 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Women are easier to be controlled at courtship than in marriage.You need to be careful and yet be wise.
if u lose control of d home now u may never regain it
If woman starts dictating now u are in trouble.
if u start begging now u wl beg all ur life.
The mother is bad&the daughter is toying same line.The family wants to intimidate u so as to control u.
Maintain ur stand once&for all and be free for ever or beg& become a slave.If she can't listen to u she is not a good wife bt dont be bossy,respect her too.
on ds case prayerfully wait,Solution wl come somehow.Dont rush&dont be rash

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Charly68: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
My brother,you don't need a prophet to tell you that you have entered into bad market .. There is no future in it..bet my words,the choice is yours to decide between going forward to waste your time with an incorrigible woman or retrace your steps before it is too late. We all make mistakes but the decision we take to right the wrongs is what determines the quality of life that we live. Run for your life,if your bride has no regards for you & your mother in-law is an avarice . She may end up becoming murder-inlaw tomorrow.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by SirVintageCock: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

I never intended to go deep down in details of the whole issue but had to rescind for the purpose of clarity.
I bought and delivered a 100kg bag of rice, a bag of cowpea, 5 bags of semovita, 20 pieces of sizable yams , 56 gallons of palm wine, 40 cartons of beer and 4 cartons of malt.
The cash I gave her was for the condiments, 6 pieces of fancy canopies, 300 pieces of chairs and for a DJ.

I am yet to approach her about the shoddy arrangement but only expressed my displeasure to my wife.
How much was she given as cash for the condiments and canopies?
You excluded meat, and the assorted fishes that cost an arm and a leg nowadays. Two parts of sizeable cow meat cost close to 35k for the kind of ceremony you are having, not even an elaborate trad just a small affair. Talk about a half carton of dryfish costing 20k, stockfish nko. I should know because we had our pocket whipped this easter during my sisters wedding.

Obviously, you registered your displeasure wrongly and harshly. No wonder your wife stayed back for three days and didn't even bother to explain her when confronted.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by imam07: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
Lloydfather:
I don't want to ready anybody comment before I say something. My brother marriage is a prison where u enter and find it difficult to come out. If what u wrote here is truth pls leave that woman and move on. If u start begging now u will forever be a begger, their is nothing wrong in a man begging his wife but not on this type of issue. U have to be a man and act now less u regret ur life. That lady don't regard as somebody that is why she's behaving like that.
Very nice
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
imam07:
Calm down to do what please? Do u boyfriend and girlfriend issues is the same with husband and wife issues? If what the OP said is true there is no any amount of calm down that can make a right thinking man to proceed with that marriage. The man's parents sef will not permit it.Even if i gave them money with bad mood, does that warrant them to put me in such messy situation. A wife that doesn't listen to what i say.what do u expect will come out of it. Mother in-law that did not train her daughter well. The lady only trapped u with d wedding be showing u her character. Trouble sleep,yonga go wake am nah your case.
well I only adviced the op based on what I have seen,if you want to advice the op,I suggest you do so on the thread and stop quoting me,I am sure there is enough space on the thread to do so, because everyone has their say,but at the end of the day,the final decision lies with the op, and not you
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by repogirl(f): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
Pritypussi:

your stories are all over sister, stop pretending
wrap your advice and shove it up where the sun don't shine
what stories is this one talking about cos I sure as hell don't know what thats about. That I left my husband or lied to my husband or what exactly?

Explain my 'stories', with proof ofcourse, not some story anyone with a phone can type and allege. Then show yourself and the person making up these stories, so I can slam you both with slander. Mad fools!

If you cant do any of this, then you can shut the hell up and jump off the nearest three story building, riddng the earth of scum like you.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
daveP:
I wish to measure your stu..... but I won't. Nairaland will find an answer. But how early did you meet her peeps? Why didn't you oversee some of these stuff? Besides seems this is pov ment! Cos
Lol

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by imam07: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
SirVintageCock:
How much was she given as cash for the condiments and canopies?
You excluded meat, and the assorted fishes that cost an arm and a leg nowadays. Two parts of sizeable cow meat cost close to 35k for the kind of ceremony you are having, not even an elaborate trad just a small affair. Talk about a half carton of dryfish costing 20k, stockfish nko. I should know because we had our pocket whipped this easter during my sisters wedding.

Obviously, you registered your displeasure wrongly and harshly. No wonder your wife stayed back for three days and didn't even bother to explain her when confronted.
Abeg what concerning anybody with the amount he gave to them. We are talking about an attitude here. Something that is most important than money or bag of rice
Wedding will go nah marriage will remain. Is it not the wife that supposed to cover and support her husband interest before her family members.

4 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by talk2bity: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
U've said it da u don't want ur child b raised by only u d dad or d mum but d two of u.pls calm urself down and pray.call ur wife & talk 2 her.understand where her problems are coming from.may God help u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Celebrates His Divorce In Benue (Photos) / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.