Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,951 members, 7,821,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (49094 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by napoleon77(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
leofab:
here is Ndoni in the places named by OP.. so please t me a slack meaning?

and face your work from home president.

Where?

This is the list of LGAs from the Rivers State Govt website. You can see that LGA number 16 is different from number 17.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

The ijaws in Rivers have claimed Ndoki and Egbema despite the community saying they aren't ijaws. They equally claim Opobo despite historical evidence such as jaja of opobo as well as an opobo politician claiming igbo.
Likewise they've done the same thing for other ethnic groups land in delta, Akwa ibom,, cross rivers,,etc.
Therefore, do not be surprised if ogu-bolo ended up not being ijaw.
Right now, I'm waiting for someone to provide evidence from the community in question saYing they are,Ijaws before I believe this people claims.

Good. Igbo or Yoruba isn't a nationhood or racial identity. it is specifically a people identified by a given language which is known as "Igbo".

So anyone speaking a dialect of Igbo or Yoruba or ijaw historically without a trace or proof to have spoken something different in the past is only leaving in self-denial.

If your name and father's name and that of village and community is Igbo or Yoruba or ijaw then you're definitely ijaw or Igbo or Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by bomsilaga(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ogu bolo is purely ijaw. Their prowess is legendary and they resisted the biafran army with great force until they bowed under the superior fire power of the biafran army.
To curb future occurrence, Ogu bolo was totally occupied the longest by the evading army.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

OK. Ogubolo is Okirika is 100% Ijaw.

I hope you are satisfied cos this is the simple truth
I don't know when ijaws start claiming Igbo...You won't face your minority tribe..

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

Oyigbo and etche says they aren't Igbo. Yet oyigbo is asking to be moved back to Abia State due to the fact they want to be in an igbo dominated area. Likewise Etche maintains they are igbo.

Tell us something we would believe ijaw turned to Ikwerre turned to ijaw/Ikwerre when caught on his attache by force.
Stop wasting your time trying to educate these ignorant people cos they'll only mistake it for "attaché by force".who dem epp sef??
They should be proud to even be said to be associated with Igbos in the first place.We are a majority tribe for crying out loud let's comport ourselves biko.
I give up on them,we have tried.They can bear whatever they want to,I don't care.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by airsaylongcon: 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
folarinmiles:

how I see it bro.
Why no mind ur own and leave me with my Yoruba mentality

Left u long ago bro! Left u to your republic of Benin peeps from Ondo State to the Togolese border

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
2point5:
All those villages listed are in Ndoni axis of Onelga, Rivers State. They speak Ndokwa/Ndoni and are one and the same with Ndokwa people in Delta State, as they have been shared between Delta and Rivers State.

We are igboid, from the Niger Delta. So if yhu call us igbos, yhu r correct, if yhu say we are not, yhu r also correct. I personally don't have an issue with being igbo, don't just force it and tell me how we migrated from nri or warefa

Barcanista, I am surprised you don't even know the villages in ogu/bolo as yhu couldn't point out the mistake but throw "we are ijaws mantra again", are you sure you are from okrika sef?

So the OP made a mistake and listed Ndoni areas as the Ogu-obolo areas.

Can someone explain to me how the "we Rivers state" people on this thread did not notice this despite claiming to be "okirika, ijaws"..

Can someone explain to me how "indigienous of RIvers state" did not see the mistakes?

Hmmmmm.says alot

10 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

He goes by the name YelloweWest. That should tell you the guy has,no balls.

Cowardness that's what he is!!!!

They have a genetic disposition of cowardNess. I wonder what group he'll become next. Quote me in the next two weeks, he'll morph to ndoki.
I doubt if he's ijaw sef.he seems like one of those brethren from the west side judging by his monicker grin

6 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by MultiCEO1: 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
Iskander2:

THEY ARE FREAKING OUT THAT THEIR PILES OF LIES ARE CRASHING

Very childish. So much for intelligent debate. Mtcheeew. I'm done talking with you. I appreciate the opportunity to see the depth of your brain. Next time, "there will be no next time." Just thanks already.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
so people that bear Rotimi, Tobi in Rivers have their roots to yoruba I guess
Rotimi? Rotimi ? The past River's governor?

You care to specify his parentage lineage? Why are you drawing singular cases in the face of overwhelming instances where villages and communities bear Igbo names?

Is Tobi a Yoruba name?
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
rezzy:

@
the bolded, agreed.
I have a friend who speaks Andoni, she told me they are no longer in Rivers state, they have joined them to cross Rivers

Hw is that possible.
If the story is true which is not, wont it be Akwa Ibom?

The story is false.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

No wonder you guys are so confused.
A man who doesn't know where he's from will never know where he is going.Take a cue from the Itshekiris .
Y'all can claim to fall from the sky if that makes you feel good.No one cares.
OK fine my ancestors were supposedly Igbo does that make me igbo especially when it comes to the issue of joining biafra?? HELL NO!

The slaves that left the shores of Africa 100s of year ago, does that make there descendants which are present day African Americans Africans?? Has any group of them or even one of them in present day dropped their American Nationality to pick up that of any African country??

Barack Obamas father was a Kenyan. Does that make Barack Kenyan??

Like I said, drop this history shìt. You can't move forward while looking at the rear mirror. Leave communities that not want to join biafra alone irrespective of their historical back ground. It's for your own good! Learn from the mistakes of the civil war!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Look you guys need to drop this history shìt and deal with the present. After all its not my ancestors that might have migrated from Igbo land that will vote in the referendum!!!
I don't care what names we bare or where we migrated from, the present day Ijaw, Ikwerre, Etche, omuma Oyigbo man etc from rivers state all in one voice or at least the overwhelming majority say they are NOT Igbos! That's what counts! If you want to keep tracing roots pls take it all the way back to the time of Adam and Eve!

Ok you have admitted you have no clue already. Thanks.

You were the one who traced history to say your ancestors married Igbos and all, yet your villages and names are Igbo!

If you knew they intermarried Igbo then you should know who they were before the marriage and what language they spoke.

Every honest Nigerian knows Igbo denial by Igbos living on the borderlines came during and after the civil war

10 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

Stop wasting your time trying to educate these ignorant people cos they'll only mistake it for "attaché by force".who dem epp sef??
They should be proud to even be said to be associated with Igbos in the first place.We are a majority tribe for crying out loud let's comport ourselves biko.
I give up on them,we have tried.They can bear whatever they want to,I don't care.

Oyigbo have always maintained and proud to identify as Igbo. There's SEVERAL direct statement from them posted on here.

Attached for your viewing
https://www.nairaland.com/3750947/rivers-2019-ndoki-igbo-should-produce/7#55854519
https://www.nairaland.com/2739130/ndoki-ijaw-only-political-purpose---ijaw
https://www.nairaland.com/2693145/ndokis-not-ijaw---barcasinta-other-ijaws

You equally aware the majority of IPOB supporters in rivers state are predominately from oyigbo, Onelga and etche correct?

Hell i posted on here etche discussion about their ethnic tribe and history.

The people disassociating them as non igbo are ijaws. Why? Because ijaws have been trying to annex their lands for awhile now due to their high percentage of oil.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by PenisCaP: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
Why do people just show their insecurities and agressive nature on this forum??someone asked a simple question and instead of yall to answer him and back it up with facts yall resulted into insults.The op might not even be Igbo to begin with yet yall started insulting a tribe and calling us names??
Answer the goddam question or stfu.
Y'all should visit quora or Reddit and see how civilized people debate and answer questions.This is why we are where we are today.fools angry

My dear the thing is quite suprising and pathetic.
The op is not igbo As he said already.
But u can see the insult being metted on igbos here...on a non tribalisct topic like this.

Yet it is the same people that would come and say IGBOS are hateful..
When they ar only retaliating at the insult thrown at them.
THIS IS WHY THIS COUNTRY CANT NEVA B 2GEDA angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

I doubt if he's ijaw sef.he seems like one of those brethren from the west side going by his monicker grin

It will not shock me honestly. We used to have one like him from that side morphing left and right.
The dude went from north to igbo to igbo/north mixed back to fI'll igbo to finally accepting being yoruba after being caught multiple times.
Before him, we had one that claimed brazilian and when caught, he claimed edo then edo/yoruba and when busted repeatedly, he finally agreed to be yoruba.
So it will not shock me if that's the same scenario here.

How the "ijaw" couldn't see the OP mistake but yet claiming to be from the state. I repeat again, that speaks volume.

7 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:
Rotimi? Rotimi ? The past River's governor?

You care to specify his parentage lineage? Why are you drawing singular cases in the face of overwhelming instances where villages and communities bear Igbo names?

Is Tobi a Yoruba name?
Yes, Tobi is yoruba. My point is, the Igbos are not to say which ethnic community is theirs or not. On records, ikewere and ijaws are not Igbo. It's there in the law. Just as it was with Russia and some part of Ukraine. Fight for the"igbo nation" that's in the law not try to claim people into your cause
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
Benekruku:

You said the bitter truth. Spent 10years in that state!

Even an Ikwerre and Etche man hate when you call them Igbo and there language and names re very close to Igbo.

I still just dont know why...They always distance themselves from Igbo!

The answer is simple. wen you keep behaving like you own everywhere, the people must think of you as plagues.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:

Ok you have admitted you have no clue already. Thanks.

You were the one who traced history to say your ancestors married Igbos and all, yet their villages and names are Igbo!

If you knew they intermarried Igbo then you should know who they were before the marriage and what language they spoke.

Every honest Nigerian knows Igbo denial by Igbos living on the borderlines came during and after the civil war
Fine I agree Igbo denial came after the civil war. We want to maintain it that way. The only constant in life is change .

So we have changed. We are no longer igbo.

Are u satisfied now?? Or do I want to force me to be Igbo??

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:
OK fine my ancestors were supposedly Igbo does that make me igbo especially when it comes to the issue of joining biafra?? HELL NO!

The slaves that left the shores of Africa 100s of year ago, does that make there descendants which are present day African Americans Africans?? Has any group of them or even one of them in present day dropped their American Nationality to pick up that of any African country??

Barack Obamas father was a Kenyan. Does that make Barack Kenyan??

Like I said, drop this history shìt. You can't move forward while looking at the rear mirror. Leave communities that not want to join biafra alone irrespective of their historical back ground. It's for your own good! Learn from the mistakes of the civil war!!!
You're just showing ur greatest fear,I never mentioned Biafra at all but I can see it affects you so much.
Why the fear of Biafra?you sound like a Yoruba man to me but that's by the way
Drop this history shit??Lol,u must be dyslexic.do you know how many African Americans are dieing to know their roots?go to the carribeans and see the Afro carribeans embracing their African roots and practicing our religion -Santeria,voudon etc.
Even the whites,asians,arabs,Indians value their history and culture .You can't be addressed as a human if you don't even know where you're from.what makes you different from a goat or a dog on the street??the so called names you bear came from somewhere and they have meanings where did it come from??when ur kids ask you all these questions about your history I guess you'll tell them they are part of the human race and they shouldn't ask further questions.ewu

9 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:

Your insult not withstanding, Language is the most and strongest factor that determines a nation. Everything else follows from there. There may be similarities in culture and the rest, language still is and remains the strongest factor that determines who's who and who's from where. Little wonder God's response to man's challenging brotherhood and oneness in babel was to confuse man's language, hence racism, ethnicity, tribalism. He didn't touch their culture or customs. He confused there language because language is the carrier of a people's identity, customs and culture. Ikwerre in rivers state, Igbere/Ibere both in Abia state and Nkwerre in Imo state, are all Igbo.

If Ikwerre says he is not Igbo. I from Igbere is not also Igbo. Then let's see who is Igbo. The marauding Fulani herdsmen can differentiate this, I hope. Put them on notice.
Lols... then no one is Ibo... case closed.. "build your Igbo nation into what people will claim not what will be claiming people" If America comes to say Ikwere is America.... you will see how Ikwerre's will come with history to show they are Americans. Na lie. It's a simple as this grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:

Very childish. So much for intelligent debate. Mtcheeew. I'm done talking with you. I appreciate the opportunity to see the depth of your brain. Next time, "there will be no next time." Just thanks already.

WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE... U PROBABLY GOT ME WRONG.... U ARE DOING A GOOD JOB... KUDOS FROM ISKANDER NKEA ABOU JISIE IKE

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Yes, Tobi is yoruba. My point is, the Igbos are not to say which ethnic community is theirs or not. On records, ikewere and ijaws are not Igbo. It's there in the law. Just as it was with Russia and some part of Ukraine. Fight for the"igbo nation" that's in the law not try to claim people into your cause
Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by hopily(m): 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
Addicted2Women:

We don't give a flying fucck if they're igbo, Hausa or Afghanistan

If you ask them if Rivers state is igbo state, they wil get angry and warn you not to call them igbos

Meanwhile those dumb fuccks answer igbo names such as Amechi, Chibuike, Nwike, Nnanna, Ngozi

Now tell me the meaning of those names

We don't want them in our igbo states, they should join the Fulani herdsmen if they want
bearing an English name does not make you an English man.....my name is hope but am an ijaw

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:

Good. Igbo or Yoruba isn't a nationhood or racial identity. it is specifically a people identified by a given language which is known as "Igbo".

So anyone speaking a dialect of Igbo or Yoruba or ijaw historically without a trace or proof to have spoken something different in the past is only leaving in self-denial.

If your name and father's name and that of village and community is Igbo or Yoruba or ijaw then you're definitely ijaw or Igbo or Yoruba.

Dude none of us are aware if ogu-bolo truly are ijaws. Did you see any ijaws provide any evidence to back up their claim..

If you have been in this forum long enough, you would known that is how ijaws are. They did the same exact thing during discussion about ndoki and egbema. Literally even when people quoted the community in question, they still till this very day maintains those people are them. Recall few weeks ago the urhobo actually had a protest over ijaws claiming one of their territory.

Like I said before, believe ijaws claim of any land with a grain of salt.

The Ogu-obolo could well be igbo or even after ethnic group that is neither igbo or ijaws until proven otherwise..

8 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

There you go with nonsensical theory. You still have not answered the question.
CAN THE BRITISH CLAIM ME AS THEIR OWN BECAUSE I HAVE AN ENGLISH NAME??

THE SAME WAY YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO CLAIM RIVERS STATE COMMUNITIES BECAUSE OF THEIR IGBO NAME.
I guess Igbos colonised the people of rivers, that's why they bear Igbo names.
Until you give a tangible reason why some rivers indigenes bear Igbo names, Igbos and every other Nigerian will continue to see you guys as igbos, except when they want to play politics.
Stop bearing Igbo names and people will take your people serious.

8 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hw many of the Ogu Bolo peeps and even Opobo peeps answer Igbo names.

hw about the Kalabaris, Okrikans etc do.

Now if Port Harcourt or any state in the NDelta is Igbo, why wud Okoroacha say you guys shud stop developing Ph and return home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
RobbStark:
Hw many of the Ogu Bolo peeps and even Opobo peeps answer Igbo names.

hw about the Kalabaris, Okrikans etc do.

Now if Port Harcourt or any state in the NDelta is Igbo, why wud Okoroacha say you guys shud stop developing Ph and return home.

I don't know for you but Wikipedia says other wise.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
mordsith:

What are Yoruba people doing on this thread

See this fool. You ibos and your stupidity again.
1st you are trying to drag Ogu-bolo a proper okrika lga to your ibo rubbish.
Now you are using your deluded brain to term a proper Rivers man like me yoruba.
Na so una go dey carry una mumu everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

You're just showing ur greatest fear,I never mentioned Biafra at all but I can see it affects you so much.
Why the fear of Biafra?you sound like a Yoruba man to me but that's by the way
Drop this history shit??Lol,u must be dyslexic.do you know how many African Americans are dieing to know their roots?go to the carribeans and see the Afro carribeans embracing their African roots and practicing our religion -Santeria,voudon etc.
Even the whites,asians,arabs,Indians value their history and culture .You can't be addressed as a human if you don't even know where you're from.what makes you different from a goat or a dog on the street??the so called names you bear came from somewhere and they have meanings where did it come from??when ur kids ask you all these questions about your history I guess you'll tell them they are part of the human race and they shouldn't ask further questions.ewu

You don't have to be insulting. I won't condensed to your level. We bare igbo names in our communities and between our people. That is indicative of our history with the Igbos. That dose not in any way mean we want to join biafra.
And yes biafra is a great fear to me because of the risks it poses. Eg claiming non willing communities as part of them.
As for the African American you claim want to know their root, you are right on that. But how many of them would want to drop their American Nationality and claim that of Africa where their ancestors came from??
That's the same way we from Rivers state would NEVER drop Niger Delta for biafra. NEVER!

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm Ikwerre. I'm NOT Igbo!
If you like, jump up and down, you're Igbo... Hahahaha!
When I speak central Igbo, you hear. When you speak, I catch some cos phrases cos it's your dialect.
At the end of the day, you're an Igboid group under Igbo.
I understand why your people disassociate themselves with igbos. While the other igbos are hard working people, the ikwerres are lazy and depend on government. That's why they vehemently deny being Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
The ijaws should stop land grabing ...Opobo is part of Igbo land...Jaja of opobo was igbo ....The royal house of opobo bear Igbo name and speak Igbo up to now...So please ijaws mind your self..

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Senators Didn’t Grill Wike — Akpabio / Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.