Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves (11162 Views)

Ndoki Are Ijaw Only For Political purpose---Ijaw National Congress / IT Is Criminality To Thwart History - Barcasinta / Tonyebarcanista Should Shut Up Henceforth. Ndoki's Are 100% Igbos... Fact Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by ikechu1278: 1:27am On Oct 27, 2015
One thing I depise is some people that come online and try to distort facts and think others don't know anything about it. Ndoki's have never claimed Ijaw nor have they ever wanted to claim Ijaw. There language is NOT IJAW, Names are NOT IJAW, culture are NOT IJAW and yet you "Ijaws" are trying to forcefully steal and claim them all because of oil?

Let's hear from the Ndoki's then shall we

Lagos — Complaints of marginalisation have resurrected an age-old agitation by the people of Oyigbo local government in Rivers State for a merger with their kith and kin in Abia State.

There is a grounds- well of discontent and agitation in Oyigbo local government area of Rivers State. The people are seriously complaining of marginalisation in the affairs of the state and now want to go back to Abia State from where they were carved out in 1976. Oyigbo local government was merged with Rivers State following federal government's acceptance of the report of the Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment commission. Besides, they insist that they are Igbo and would be better catered for in a predominant Igbo territory. The people, under the aegis of Asa-Ndoki-Obigbo League, ANOL, have petitioned President Olusegun Obasanjo, alleging denial of social amenities such as electricity, pipe-borne water, motorable roads and hospital, among others. "Since we have been denied everything due to us, we must go back to our kith and kin in Abia State", they wrote in a petition dated February 18, 2000 and signed by Stanley Akaya and Johnson Ezenma, president and secretary-general respectively. In the petition, ANOL gave 17 reasons why the people want to go back to Abia State.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200008290349.html

Even the man you tried to use and defend your claim stated
Nwaottam is another masquerade found in the Niger Delta area, borrowed from the Igbo Ndoki area to the Ijaw areas of Opobo and Bonny.

One of the replies from stated
Nwaottam masquerade and other cultural heritage of both Bonny nd Opobo has dented the Ijaw origin of the Ibani people. It is evident that the early Ottam people originated from the Igbo hinterland - presumably Ndokiland. Also it proves that Ibani dialect is an off shoot of the early Ottam language nay Igbo language. The Ijaws due to their riverine proximity to the Ibanis arrived during the slave trade 17 century era.
https://m.facebook.com/instructor.harry.1/posts/308941272572089

Now, let's get the opinion of Ndoki's neighbor in whom they share a land with and been around them long enough to know what tribe they call themselves shall we

Let's see what the Ogoni's says:

Magnus Abe:
Oyigbo is a town and Local Government Area of Rivers State, Nigeria. It is a satellite of Port Harcourt, lying a few kilometers to the northeast of the city. Sir Precious Oforji was elected Chairman of the Oyigbo LGA in 2008. HRH EZE MIKE NWAJI was installed the traditional of Oyigbo since 1998 to date.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) operates an oil well in the LGA.
The Oyigbo people are of Igbo extraction.
http://www.magnusabe.com/

Ken Saro Wiwa
The orders to the illegal and unprecedented Task Force were simple: "box in the Ogoni and subject them to the authority of the Rivers State Internal Security Task Force." Ogoni, in a small area, surrounded to the south by the Okrika and Andoni Ijaws, to the north by the Ndoki Igbos, and to the east by the Ibibios, was easy to so "box in". Besides, the Ogoni were unarmed and it would be a goon force indeed that could not box them in easily. Besides, federal troops were already in Ogoni, at MOSOP's invitation. It is pertinent that not a single Ogoni soldier or mobile policeman was ever allowed to serve in the Internal Security Task Force.
http://www.ratical.org/corporations/KSWstmt.html

Lastly, the attached post

After una tried to steal Egbema and even Uche Jumbo and that got destroyed, una are here again trying to take another one. The Ijaws...KNOW your territory, KNOW your lands. Leave what's mines to mines and what's yours is yours.

Mscheewww!!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by nairalandmaster(f): 1:28am On Oct 27, 2015
op is that the best you can think About?
Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by ikechu1278: 1:30am On Oct 27, 2015
nairalandmaster:
op is that the best you can think About?

No they are ijaw.

The people I quoted, including ndoki's themselves, don't know anything. The ogoni's that shares a land with ndoki's don't know anything. Ijaw are now called nnamdi, umueze, etc.
Ndi Ara.

Come steal land. We'll be waiting for una

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by saintneo(m): 1:39am On Oct 27, 2015
never knew Ndoki people are being coerced into becoming IJaw; I hope this coerced effort includes the Ndoki in Abia too plus Abriba(it sounds Ijaw doesn't it?)

13 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by pazienza(m): 2:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Choi! This is called "fatality" in mortal Kombat game of those days.

27 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by pazienza(m): 2:09am On Oct 27, 2015
saintneo:
never knew Ndoki people are being coerced into becoming IJaw; I hope this coerced effort includes the Ndoki in Abia too plus Abriba(it sounds Ijaw doesn't it?)

They have been in the business of subtly luring the Igbo groups at the fringes of Igboland in Rivers to deny their Igbo identity, to either stand as independent entities, or join the Ijaw.

Its a typical predator tactics, separate the sheep from the herd, isolate it, and devour/ Lord over it once it's out of sight of the rest of the herd. Usually, the sheeps at the fringes of the herd, are usually soft targets.

Ijaw has expansionism agenda in Igboland, a serious one.

Their first attempt was thwarted by the dissolution of old Rivers state, with majority of them casted to Bayelsa. But now , under the tag Niger delta, they have come to realize they could still carry out their initial agenda.

He was obviously testing the waters with Ndoki, seeing that they are at the fringes of Igboland.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 27, 2015
Ijaw people invaded rivers state after betraying the old eastern state during the civil war ..... Getting a portion of land in rivers state was the deal they made with the Nigerian Govt , in return for betraying the old eastern region ...

Ijaws are expansionist ... All minorities in SS should be wary of them ..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by DeviIhimself: 4:10am On Oct 27, 2015
hmmm this is getting dirtier by the day i hope TonyeBarcanista you see what a silly mistake can cause angry

it's a shameful and a painful thing

18 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 27, 2015
ikechu1278, I must commend you for going into the archives to unravel the truth about the Ndoki people.

The propagandists who recently began spreading a concoctions of lies and perfidy that there exists no Igbo in SS will have a lot to chew for taking the good neighbourliness of the Igbo Nation for a ride.

It's baffling that certain individuals on NL had the guts to accuse and label Igbos as expansionists and land grabbers just to lay claim to Igbos carved into SS in 1967/76 and termed them whatever name.

Look it at this way, someone is calling you a thief when you both know that you have never stolen any of his properties and while at it the same fellow is busy ripping you off of your valuable treasures. What an underhand! Such misadventure is a joke taken too far. And it must not be cordoned.

It's seems very much like a grand plan in the offing to derail our quest for nationhood. And it's time we put our feet down and say "enough is enough" to this nuisance. The earlier we see this as shenanigan and the meddlers as dogs in the manger the better for our dreams.

The honeymoon period is over. Henceforth, let our dealings not be based on sentiments. We must not be seen always dancing to the tune of others all in the name of being diplomatic just to avoid confrontations. Doing so only emboldens these mischief-makers to dare the unthinkable.

I'd suggest that we do not contemplate putting the groups connected with these individuals in our calculations. For it's time we called their bluffs as we march forward.

Here's an excerpt from a book titled "Political Organization in Nigeria Since the Late Stone Age: A History of the Igbo People".

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by bugzbunny: 5:15am On Oct 27, 2015
I urge everybdy to ignore barcanista
The dude is a chronic igbo hater just like a yoruba and hausa fulani... He has lost relevance.. Dude is confused.

18 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by SUBMARINE: 5:31am On Oct 27, 2015
DeviIhimself:
hmmm this is getting dirtier by the day i hope TonyeBarcanista you see what a silly mistake can cause angry

it's a shameful and a painful thing

Before this year runs out, Tonyebarcanista will ask himself if his people are right in holding unto lies that Igbos are interested in ND because of land and oil

Already the guy is rethinking and regretting for still being scared of Biafra

17 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 27, 2015
Euro31:
Ijaw people invaded rivers state after betraying the old eastern state during the civil war ..... Getting a portion of land in rivers state was the deal they made with the Nigerian Govt , in return for betraying the old eastern region ...

Ijaws are expansionist ... All minorities in SS should be wary of them ..

My comrade, good morning. Let's forget the past errors of our people and move ahead. As for ME, if there are any group of people I'll never take for granted, they are the Igbos. No one has ALL the details that happened during the Civil War, but I feel a lot of you are gradually overreacting to barcanista's needless article.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 27, 2015
pazienza:

They have been in the business of subtly luring the Igbo groups at the fringes of Igboland in Rivers to deny their Igbo identity, to either stand as independent entities, or join the Ijaw.

Its a typical predator tactics, separate the sheep from the herd, isolate it, and devour/ Lord over it once it's out of sight of the rest of the herd. Usually, the sheeps at the fringes of the herd, are usually soft targets.

Ijaw has expansionism agenda in Igboland, a serious one.

Their first attempt was thwarted by the dissolution of old Rivers state, with majority of them casted to Bayelsa. But now , under the tag Niger delta, they have come to realize they could still carry out their initial agenda.

He was obviously testing the waters with Ndoki, seeing that they are at the fringes of Igboland.

My people, Ijaws have no such a wicked and selfish idea as expanding their territories into the Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by patrick89(m): 6:00am On Oct 27, 2015
dearpreye:

My comrade, good morning. Let's forget the past errors of our people and move ahead. As for ME, if there are any group of people I'll never take for granted, they are the Igbos. No one has ALL the details that happened during the Civil War, but I feel a lot of you are gradually overreacting to barcanista's needless article.
Calm down! We got you, some of us can be overzealous all na part of the thing it doesn't make any difference in our quest for unity! As far as yoruba and hausafulani are not involved I'm ok.
Meanwhile I found out about this people from a friend who is from there.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=684531928264445&id=171107556273554

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Gh0stFreak: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2015
mehn,you guys should take a chill pill.this ain't the time for this kind of argument.we need each other right now.
i'm sure you guys noticed how happy the westerners and northeners are watching us fight ourselves,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by SUBMARINE: 6:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Gh0stFreak:
mehn,you guys should take a chill pill.this ain't the time for this kind of argument.we need each other right now.
i'm sure you guys noticed how happy the westerners and northeners are watching us fight ourselves,

The fight was necessary to put the record straight

Biafrans are not interested in ND oil and land

Biafrans will gladly leave behind any part of former Eastern region that feels comfortable with the Nigerian project.

19 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by cheruv: 6:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Seriously angry
I was shocked beyond words to read that thing from barca...that a people that was forcefully yanked out of Abia state and thrown into Rivers state in 1976 have now become Ijos shockedshocked
Even the Igwenga coastline(bonny, andoni and opobo LGs) that he claims are ijo were recorded by 17th and 18th century European visitors to have been inhabited by people from the Heebo country undecided and the same people till now are Igbos and will forever be Igbos. angry
This confirms one of the suspicions of a earlier poster that the ijos had eyes on Igbo territories that's why they turned their backs on us in the middle of the war of independence.
Even though not all ijos subscribe to his position, I've decided that no Igboid tribes would be left behind in our march to Biafra!
The ijo coastline ends at bonny river and any attempt to go East of this river would be met with retributive force angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by CyberWolf: 6:30am On Oct 27, 2015
It's very good that this Igbo Rivers are speaking up. All of us can see the wickedness of the zoo government in 1976 ..If Ijaws say they don't want Biafra, good but make no mistake about it, we must reclaim all the Igbo territory which the zoo government wickedly lumped into SS. Thank God I've never taking that Barcanista serious since he defected from APC to PDP angry ....Just when I wanted to start taking him serious, he gave another reason not to.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by FreeGlobe(f): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2015
Great Job ikechu1278. Tonyebarcanista if you avoid this thread do not even think of opening another of your useless threads on nairaland. I have my comments on igbos and SS having lived in Rivers for a long time but I'm still watching events unfold.

12 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 27, 2015
cheruv:
Seriously angry
I was shocked beyond words to read that thing from barca...that a people that was forcefully yanked out of Abia state and thrown into Rivers state in 1976 have now become Ijos shockedshocked
Even the Igwenga coastline(bonny, andoni and opobo LGs) that he claims are ijo were recorded by 17th and 18th century European visitors to have been inhabited by people from the Heebo country undecided and the same people till now are Igbos and will forever be Igbos. angry
This confirms one of the suspicions of a earlier poster that the ijos had eyes on Igbo territories that's why they turned their backs on us in the middle of the war of independence.
Even though not all ijos subscribe to his position, I've decided that no Igboid tribes would be left behind in our march to Biafra!
The ijo coastline ends at bonny river and any attempt to go East of this river would be met with retributive force angry

My boss, na because of barcanista article una dey vex with us like this? Barcanista is just a voice and doesn't in any way represent the collective voice of the Ijaw nation as a whole.

I believe if Isaac Boro were alive today he most assuredly would have regretted the myopic and wicked role the Ijaws played against the Igbos in the civil war. He would have openly apologised to them as well.

In any case, the SS doesn't even know what it wants at the moment. SMH!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by joeprince23(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
It's very good that this Igbo Rivers are speaking up. All of us can see the wickedness of the zoo government in 1976 ..If Ijaws say they don't want Biafra, good but make no mistake about it, we must reclaim all the Igbo territory which the zoo government wickedly lumped into SS. Thank God I've never taking that Barcanista serious since he defected from APC to PDP angry ....Just when I wanted to start taking him serious, he gave another reason not to.
I together with my ndoki brothers will always resist this ijaw/ibani agenda....with my our last breath

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by CyberWolf: 6:57am On Oct 27, 2015
joeprince23:
I together with my ndoki brothers will always resist this ijaw/ibani agenda....with my our last breath
That's the spirit bro..You guys should be vigilant oo, the viscous propaganda is becoming more aggressive..

3 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by CyberWolf: 7:02am On Oct 27, 2015
dearpreye:

My boss, na because of barcanista article una dey vex with us like this? Barcanista is just a voice and doesn't in any way represent the collective voice of the Ijaw nation as a whole.

I believe if Isaac Boro were alive today he most assuredly would have regretted the myopic and wicked role the Ijaws played against the Igbos in the civil war. He would have openly apologised to them as well.

My bro' morning..You guys should look more towards Edo axis...The waves of malicious propaganda against Igbos to cause division in SS is coming from that axis recently..That's what is causing all this confusion.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by cheruv: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2015
joeprince23:
There's no people called igbani.its a purely ijo agenda undecided

4 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Jorussia(m): 7:06am On Oct 27, 2015
I am with tonyebarcanista on this issue.The submission of barcanista,represent at least 80% mindset of the people of ss as regards the current Biafra struggle. Igbos should realise that they can't claim port Harcourt as their own,because it does not belong to them.the Igbo nation should learn from the Yorubas,who have nv claimed the lands of the people of usen,utese,egbeta,akoko Edo,itshekiri,kabba,and other Yoruba speaking ethnic groups scattered across the country as their own. I am a proud Bini man,and i will not tolerate igbos trying to use blackmail of the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba to coerce me into their Biafra struggle. As barcanista rightly said,the Igbos should respect our own opinion.German is the most widely spoken language in Austria,yet Germany, is not claiming Austria as his country. Ikweres,and other ethnic groups in Rivers speaking language similar with Igbo are not igbos,and they have a right to self identity. The general consensus in the ss,is that the se should plan their Biafra with the 5se states and leave the ss determine its future itself.The ss is presently at par with the Se,in terms of both human and infrastructure development, so we have more to lose if we decide to join Biafra.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by kingzizzy: 7:06am On Oct 27, 2015
Ndokis are not Ijaw!, Ijaws are not Andonis!, Andonis are not Igbos!, Igbos are not Ikwere!

Besides the Oyigbos, the Etches, Omumas and other Igbos who have long embraced their Igboness with open arms, is there anyone who knows who he is in Rivers state any more?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2015
dearpreye:

I guess u're the only reasonable one here of all the acclaimed nigerdelta spokespersons .... Ok are u also of the opinion dat there is no indigenous Igbos in the S/S region ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 27, 2015
ndoki are part of ijaw stop bringing paper articles which could be simply fabricated, let the Ndoki's speak for them selves.

1 Like

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by CyberWolf: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2015
Jorussia:
I am with tonyebarcanista on this issue.The submission of barcanista,represent at least 80% mindset of the people of ss as regards the current Biafra struggle. Igbos should realise that they can't claim port Harcourt as their own,because it does not belong to them.the Igbo nation should learn from the Yorubas,who have nv claimed the lands of the people of usen,utese,egbeta,akoko Edo,itshekiri,kabba,and other Yoruba speaking ethnic groups scattered across the country as their own. I am a proud Bini man,and i will not tolerate igbos trying to use blackmail of the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba to coerce me into their Biafra struggle. As barcanista rightly said,the Igbos should respect our own opinion.German is the most widely spoken language in Austria,yet Germany, is not claiming Austria as his country. Ikweres,and other ethnic groups in Rivers speaking language similar with Igbo are not igbos,and they have a right to self identity. The general consensus in the ss,is that the se should plan their Biafra with the 5se states and leave the ss determine its future itself.The ss is presently at par with the Se,in terms of both human and infrastructure development, so we have more to lose if we decide to join Biafra.
This is what I'm talking about. You are a proud bini man and we've said that Biafra has nothing to do with bini so, fvck off angry

16 Likes

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Jorussia:
edo man again dying on top S/S matter ... I have said it b4 that edo state is a liability to the S/S region , Edo state was never part of the Biafra struggle nd will neva be.
Edo man feeling funky oya tell me how u're more related to a Riverian than people of Abia nd Imo ?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by cheruv: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Broz seriously the thing dey vex
Igbos have a value system that places premium on the person which ensured his dignity and the same times enabled him to utilize his talents
If we decided to build empires like the Ofei' and Idu people had done,by now
1]all of Ibibioland west of river Cross would've be Igbonized
2]all of the Eastern ijos would've been Igbos by now
3]the Idu empire would've been destroyed and Bini city burnt to the ground
4]the igalas and idomas absorbed into Igboland.

We're a peaceful people... but it seems others are now taking us for granted.moreover I believe its not the opinion of all ijo people, so for now I'd let rest and focus on the issue at hand cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDOKI'S ARE NOT Ijaw---barcasinta And Other Ijaws Mind Yourselves by ThisMeansWAR: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Igbos can wail sha... See them masturbating and crying since yesterday with millions of thread already... Shiii
una wan crash nairaland server with una useless wailing.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Pay Pastors, Imams To Teach Against Immorality and Corruption / Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation / Keyamo Seeking Escape Route In Order To Avoid Tinubu’s Imminent Defeat - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.