Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! (8945 Views)

Diezani Finally Talked With Me Today!! I Was Going Mad Already / Much Talked About Onitsha Mosque Demolished! / Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by zikhigh: 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
yaradua talked to me, dont ask me what he said because i couldn't understand him, he was speakin in heavenly language
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
^^^

Mine was different.He spoke Efik and i could understand him.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
He said he needed GLO recharge card to call the ambassador in Yemen to give me visa.I am still waiting to hear from him after the N100 card i sent him.I hope i haven't been scammed!
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by whatawhat: 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
l get angry everyday with this so called losers we call leaders in nigeria, let God strike them= that is my prayer.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
whatawhat:

l get angry everyday with this so called losers we call leaders in nigeria, let God strike them= that is my prayer.

ROFLMAO

Keep praying.If nothing happens, pray harder.If nothing improves pray harder and harder and sow seed in church to that God can strike them. . .lol
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by xterra2(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
Chei our govenment never change, and they expect us to believe such a lie?Nawa oh
Let him give us a live broadcast even for 30 seconds from where in the world he is

Or Maybe he spoke to his ancestors grin grin grin grin
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by mafioso(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
[size=17pt]SO YOU GUYZ STILL BELIEVE THAT THE FOOL IS STILL ALIVE?,  [/size]
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2010
mafioso:

[size=17pt]SO YOU GUYZ STILL BELIEVE THAT THE FOOL IS STILL ALIVE?,  [/size]

As much as a hate to say this, Yar Adua is the best president Nigeria has ever had (believe it or not).YES. . .his methods might seem slow but what do you expect in a country where NOBODY wants things to work? Nigerians complain day and night about govt but they forget that its people like THEM who are there in the first place so that TIF TIF mentality will always prevail.

You cannot tell me you haven't noticed improvement in PHCN in the last one month.I can't remember the last time i put on my generator.As i am typing right now, there has been light since 4a.m. . .Was this the case during the previous tenures? Yar Adua is the only president that has given a listening ear to the Niger Delta.What did OBJ offer?Was it not JTF? Sometimes, e good to comot sentiments.Before you ask me if i am being paid to post this, NO i am not but it's best to deal with facts not sentiments.

My two cents.
Happy new year.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by detopshot(m): 12:25am On Jan 07, 2010
harakiri: bros which area you dey stay. i haven't had a flash of light from PHCN since monday in Uyo. in fact, i dont have time 4all this stuff. but for niger delta and other issues, him don try as a man. God bless him wherever he is! WHAT CAN ONE MAN DO? Presido- nägödé, sösöngö!!
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 12:34am On Jan 07, 2010
detopshot:

harakiri: bros which area you dey stay. i haven't had a flash of light from PHCN since monday in Uyo. in fact, i dont have time 4all this stuff. but for niger delta and other issues, him don try as a man. God bless him wherever he is! WHAT CAN ONE MAN DO? Presido- nägödé, sösöngö!!

I dey stay Amuwo Odofin (lagos).How Uyo? I never visit that side or my own town (calabar) in a long while.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by BashirAhmad1(m): 12:37am On Jan 07, 2010
That't good yar adu'a will return Nigeria at this month
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbuzo: 12:43am On Jan 07, 2010
People that can stoop so low to ridicule a sick man make me sick. Can some people show a little decency and wait for Yar'adua's return and have their fill of him in their anger. Can we ever see anything good about Nigeria. To most people including some in this forum, Nigeria is only good when our pockets are lined with the right colours in the right amount.

Now the US is about to despoil our pride at their airports for no justifiable cause and how many of us are speaking out? Its sad really and the rain of disrespect that is about to fall is not likely to spare anyone. I wont be surprised to even learn that some are possibly waiting for Yar'adua to show face so that they will blame him for it. What cheap absurdity.

And for those that are yet to see the intrigues that surround Nigeria, the following posts that just came out will serve your interest, and before you think it is an ordinary post know this: America has their rivals and probably they are they ones leaking out such information for the ignorant ones like us to shape up or ship out. NOTE: The picture shows how our mothers, sisters and daughters are going to be viewed henceforth by US officials.
Mossad, CIA Behind Christmas
Plane Bombing Attempt
The Mutallab Op - Same Ol' Christmas Spirit
By Anonymous
1-2-10
SEE URL: engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.php?p=3027055

Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by MrCartha: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2010
Ailing Nigeria President Yar'Adua 'held phone talks'

President Umaru Yar'Adua has suffered ill-health for several years
Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua, who has been in hospital abroad for the past 44 days, has spoken on the phone to key officials, a minister says.

Information Minister Dora Akunyili says Mr Yar'Adua spoke to the vice president on Tuesday.

Earlier, FM Ojo Maduekwe told the BBC he believed Mr Yar'Adua - who is being treated for a heart condition - was recovering in Saudi Arabia's hospital.

The comments come amid growing fears about a power vacuum in Nigeria.

'Getting better'

"The vice president told us at the cabinet meeting that he spoke with the president at about 2000 (1900 GMT) on Tuesday," Mr Akunyili told reporters, without giving further details.

Those who are around him give us a very optimistic assessment

Foreign Minister Ojo Maduekwe
Nigerian officials also said that the 58-year-old president spoke to Senate President David Mark and Speaker of the House of Representatives Oladimeji Bankole late on Tuesday.

Separately, Foreign Minister Ojo Maduekwe told the BBC that, as far as he knew, the president was conscious and was recovering in hospital.

Mr Maduekwe admitted that he had not spoken to Mr Yar'Adua since he left the country, but said the president was "getting better".

"Those who are around him give us a very optimistic assessment," he added.

He stressed that there was no crisis as Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan was "doing a great job".

The BBC's Will Ross in Nigeria says Mr Yar A'dua has suffered from serious health problems for years and has been absent before.

But this time more than six weeks have elapsed with no clear proof of where or how the president is faring, and many Nigerians feel they deserve to be better informed, he says.

Several legal cases have been launched to try to ensure that power is transferred officially to the vice-president.

But Mr Maduekwe said the vice-president automatically stood in when the president was away, although he could not perform all of the president's functions.

Our correspondent says some Nigerians regard the president's absence as a dangerous state of affairs - especially for a country which turned its back on unpopular, turbulent military rule, only a decade ago.

FROM BBC NEWS grin
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Rooneyboy(m): 3:20am On Jan 07, 2010
Oh Nigeria , what an interesting story book it is.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by UNLEASHED(m): 5:26am On Jan 07, 2010
noooo the dead don't talk!!!!
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Itulah(m): 5:53am On Jan 07, 2010
I think we have had enough of this Democracy shit. As far as am concern, this regime makes no different from that cattle rearer who called himself Alhaji Shehu Shagarri. It was Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo that build this nation successfully but he came as a cattle rearer and mensed the whole effort up.
In a nut shell, we (Military) may be  Aso Rock soon if you guys are not careful.[/img]
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by airzzee(m): 5:59am On Jan 07, 2010
Why can't President Yar'Adua make a televised statement live to Nigerians since 44 days of his exile. At least, we, his children (so it should be) would know he is in good state. This leaves more to be desired.

This is also part of the reason the Freedom of Information (FoI) Bill can never be passed, rather we continue to administer Oath of Secrecy on public servants, gag the press from giving more info.

Itulah:

I think we have had enough of this Democracy poo. As far as am concern, this regime makes no different from that cattle rearer who called himself Alhaji Shehu Shagarri. It was Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo that build this nation successfully but he came as a cattle rearer and mensed the whole effort up.

In a nut shell, we (Military) may be Aso Rock soon if you guys are not careful.[/img]

@ Itulah
I hope u r nt looking 4 trouble in NL.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Itulah(m): 6:00am On Jan 07, 2010
;DI think we have had enough of this Democracy shit. As far as am concern, this regime makes no different from that cattle rearer who called himself Alhaji Shehu Shagarri, during which all political office holders both state and federal had the opportunity to loot the federal to their own interest. It was Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo that build this nation successfully but he came as a cattle rearer and mensed the whole effort up.
In a nut shell, we (Military) may be taking over Aso Rock soon if you guys are not careful.[/img]

Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 6:16am On Jan 07, 2010
Mbuzo:

People that can stoop so low to ridicule a sick man make me sick. Can some people show a little decency and wait for Yar'adua's return and have their fill of him in their anger. Can we ever see anything good about Nigeria. To most people including some in this forum, Nigeria is only good when our pockets are lined with the right colours in the right amount.

Now the US is about to despoil our pride at their airports for no justifiable cause and how many of us are speaking out? Its sad really and the rain of disrespect that is about to fall is not likely to spare anyone. I wont be surprised to even learn that some are possibly waiting for Yar'adua to show face so that they will blame him for it. What cheap absurdity.

And for those that are yet to see the intrigues that surround Nigeria, the following posts that just came out will serve your interest, and before you think it is an ordinary post know this: America has their rivals and probably they are they ones leaking out such information for the ignorant ones like us to shape up or ship out. NOTE: The picture shows how our mothers, sisters and daughters are going to be viewed henceforth by US officials.
Mossad, CIA Behind Christmas
Plane Bombing Attempt
The Mutallab Op - Same Ol' Christmas Spirit
By Anonymous
1-2-10
SEE URL: engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.php?p=3027055

@Mbuzo

I just went through the articule you posted and i have one word : PRICELESS!
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by triaophant: 6:47am On Jan 07, 2010
It is a shame that a government with so many former lecturers is behaving like maroons, look at their list:
UMARU MUSA YAR'ADUA, GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, DR. HASSAN LAWAL he was formerly at the Law Faculty of Unijos before he became the Company Secretary of Port Harcourt Refinery before his friend Dan Etete made him his Special Assistant, Prof. Dora Akunyili, very unfortunate that her lofty height achieved at NAFDAC has been rubbished overnight by her unreasonable acceptance of being in this NYAMANYAMA GOVT. that lacks direction, Dr. Sam Egwu and others that I am not aware of. A bill that was sent since 2008 is now being remembered, is the national Assembly not still sleeping? Wither the 6000MV of electricity by December 2009? They should just shut up, Nigerians can manage themselves without any leadership afterall, we attend private schools, generate our electricity, provide our portable water, provide our security, DO WE STILL NEED ANY GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA?
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbuzo: 7:14am On Jan 07, 2010
From the posts I have been seeing on this forum, I think will volunteer to serve as the enlightener here. No insult meant so no apologies given.

For those of us that are demanding video evidence of Yar'adua's speech, stop to ask yourself why even the US does not seem to know where our President is. That should tell us something about the dangerous international intrigues that is surrounding the man. The US, without question has recently exhibited desperation over Nigeria. Is there something they know and we don't, about our country?

Clearly the US is no more controlling us as they used to and that is pissing off so many loose pants in Washington! Let met state categorically: IF THE US KNEW WHERE YAR'ADUA WAS, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD! TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

VIDEO EVIDENCE? Wake up my brothers. We may be a developing country, but we are not naive. The question is: for the President's location to have been so effectively shielded from public glare, was it done with the aid of any other super power. I am just agitating our minds here because I trust the inspiration of the Nigerian.

Please shed the call on video evidence!

Come to think of it: Which African country can survive internal destabilisation without a sitting President or an Acting President? Bros, this country is solid! Yet we are classified unstable when lesser countries with little structure are comfortably playing hosts to lustful, ludicrous and untidy western officials, whose main diplomatic objective is wine bars, booty calls and Visa Credit Cards.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by generalzango(m): 7:38am On Jan 07, 2010
F.G we are not fools!!!
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by otukpo(f): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2010
Something tells me that our dear president is still alive, and i thank God they said he is getting better.

President Yara Dua remains a good hearted individual who means well for Nigerians even though his sickness is not helping matters.

I can only pray that he gets back on his feet and return to us.

Talking of PHCN, it is improved greatly, so many people in different parts of lagos attests to this, i dont know abt outside lagos.

the problem i see are the people surrounding YD, not he himslf.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2010
The system is just so annoyin.yar'adua shuld come on air and speak to nigerians.this is nt wat we want to hear.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Jack2fit(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2010
Dn't worry 9ja God is in charge
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Bukittes(f): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2010
That Yaradull is still alive, i don't doubt but what kind of fools do they even take us for in this country sef? Someone whose whole organs has collapsed sending a bill on terrorism, he himself is terrorizing us with his absence. At least a sick president in a sick country was still manageable, now its an absent president we are dealing with! Ogaaaaa O!! Someone should please advice him to resign for all its worth and focus on his one point agenda which is getting well. And for God's sake if he wants to die, he should do so quickly now and lets move forward in this country. YARADULL is holding everyone to ransom here.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by jacobs123(m): 8:56am On Jan 07, 2010
Thisday newspaper should be ashamed for publishing this story from Taminu yakubu that Yar Adua spoke with anyone.
It's high time Nigerians every where started marching towards the Saudi Embassy for kidnapping our President.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Wrex(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2010
Nairalanders!!!!!,please tell me,how can someone on life support machine converse on the phone?
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by oge4real(f): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2010
These people are adding salt to the injury.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by jacobs123(m): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2010
Mbuzo:

From the posts I have been seeing on this forum, I think will volunteer to serve as the enlightener here. No insult meant so no apologies given.

For those of us that are demanding video evidence of Yar'adua's speech, stop to ask yourself why even the US does not seem to know where our President is. That should tell us something about the dangerous international intrigues that is surrounding the man. The US, without question has recently exhibited desperation over Nigeria. Is there something they know and we don't, about our country?

Clearly the US is no more controlling us as they used to and that is pissing off so many loose pants in Washington! Let met state categorically: IF THE US KNEW WHERE YAR'ADUA WAS, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD! TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

VIDEO EVIDENCE? Wake up my brothers. We may be a developing country, but we are not naive. The question is: for the President's location to have been so effectively shielded from public glare, was it done with the aid of any other super power. I am just agitating our minds here because I trust the inspiration of the Nigerian.

Please shed the call on video evidence!

Come to think of it: Which African country can survive internal destabilisation without a sitting President or an Acting President? Bros, this country is solid! Yet we are classified unstable when lesser countries with little structure are comfortably playing hosts to lustful, ludicrous and untidy western officials, whose main diplomatic objective is wine bars, booty calls and Visa Credit Cards.

This is the classic African mindset. Everybody else is responsible for my problem apart from. It's my wife, my mother, my mother -in-law, my father etc but no I have no hand in my woes. Guess what, the world is used to our whinning and can't be moved. Seems you have this exaggerated view of this your solid country.
The President of your solid country is dying/dead in a Saudi hospital
The wives of two former heads of state of this solid country died in Spain and America
The Yar Adua daughters are hustling for American passport for Yar Adua's grand children, enough said

As some one that works in the oil industry, let me tell you that if the Americans leave, the British will follow and guess what in less than 2 years we will run down the industry as we don't have the competence. If you think the Chinese will be the solution, you will soon find out what the Sudanese are finding out.

The Zimbabweans thought farming was easy until the sanctions came, I hope Nigeria doesn't follow that route. A proverb in my language says " they told you your step mother is superior to your mother, and you are saying it's just a little, that little can't be bought" They are the powers and they can ruin us even if they suffer for it. And guess what, they will still get the oil whichever way, ask the Iraqis.

Everybody keeps talking about China but have we learnt what the Chinese did, they stooped to conquer not fight like Cuba, Libya, Venezuela etc.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Nezan(m): 9:33am On Jan 07, 2010
He is supposed to address Nigerians probably via a telecast, not to untrustworthy politicians who dont even know what is happening.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Ben13: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2010
LOL only Gudluck is the "Nigerians" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up / The Best Performing Minister In GEJ's Cabinet? / Rep Watches As Aides Assault FRSC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.