Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? (25199 Views)

Girls, It's High Time We Stopped Playing Hard To Get. / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get / Ladies Is Playing Hard To Get Now Obsolete? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
It makes me feel valued but then I don't play hard to get when I really like a man, those that I don't like, I play hard to get and they just don't stop trying to get me.

3 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by SafeDavid(m): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
MissCuppy:
It makes me feel valued but then I don't play hard to get when I really like a man, those that I don't like, I play hard to get and they just don't stop trying to get me.

That must really be a tough situation to handle.grin

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
SafeDavid:

That must really be a tough situation to handle.grin
There is this particular one that have been calling me since early last year, I keep telling him I'm in a relationship but to no avail. He even called me yesterday, I didn't pick up.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by youngbelieve(f): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
SafeDavid:

There you go again, like quoting you adds a dime to my bank account.
Foolish geh!
buh u still doing it, why?? btw I don't do insults if not!!
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Flawlesbae(f): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Yes o it means she is calculating, u know to avoid regret
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by youngbelieve(f): 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
Allwility:
^^
You giving number out of pity? Gosh!! You ladies ehn.

Why play hard to get when you prolly like the dude and want to date him? If a lady plays hard to get, I give her grace period. If her hard to get exceeds the allocated period, off she goes. No time.

he kept on pestering me dats why and mind u I 'don't' like him, only saw him as a potential friend-zone dude grin grin
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by SafeDavid(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
MissCuppy:
There is this particular one that have been calling me since early last year, I keep telling him I'm in a relationship but to no avail. He even called me yesterday, I didn't pick up.

Oh well, only if he knew. I stopped calling girls particularly for this reason. Even if she likes me or not. Except maybe it's a prank.

But early last year seems to be a long time. Doesn't look like he'll give up anytime soon so brace yourself.grin

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by SafeDavid(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Allwility:
^^
You giving number out of pity? Gosh!! You ladies ehn.

Why play hard to get when you prolly like the dude and want to date him? If a lady plays hard to get, I give her grace period. If her hard to get exceeds the allocated period, off she goes. No time.

Trust me that pity statement got to me, she also said they were funny and cute meaning she admired them. Talk of talking fro. both sides of the mouth.

I mean its okay if she declines them but considering she's giving them out of pity really ticks me off.

8 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
SafeDavid:

Oh well, only if he knew. I stopped calling girls particularly for this reason. Even if she likes me or not. Except maybe it's a prank.

But early last year seems to be a long time. Doesn't look like he'll give up anytime soon so brace yourself.grin
I just dunno what is wrong with him, he needs to leave me alone and go marry, I rather not marry than marry him.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by SafeDavid(m): 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
MissCuppy:
I just dunno what is wrong with him, he needs to leave me alone and go marry, I rather not marry than marry him.

I'm just curious on why you made that ascertion. Have you met him before? It shouldn't be that bad anyways.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
SafeDavid:

I'm just curious on why you made that ascertion. Have you met him before? It shouldn't be that bad anyways.
Yes, I met him through a friend the day he took us out. she hooked him up with me not knowing I don't like him.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by SafeDavid(m): 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
MissCuppy:
Yes, I met him through a friend the day he took us out. she hooked him up with me not knowing I don't like him.

I see, anyways goodluck with that and finding a suitable marriage partner that's not him. grin

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
SafeDavid:

I see, anyways goodluck with that and finding a suitable marriage partner that's not him. grin
Thanks, I'm already working on that.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Apus: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
ojobolinda:
cheesy Of cos it does. Bt seriously u guys r stubborn. Many a time we plainly say NO bt u choose to press on thinking we r playing hard to get wen in reality WE DON'T LIKE U......

Buh U will agree with me that some ladies are very confused people.

7 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Allwility: 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
Let's get it straight.

If a guy asks you out but you decline because you are in a relationship, that's not playing hard to get..you're simply not interested because you're taken.

If a dude hits on you, and you turn him down because you dont like him...that's not playing hard to get.
Playing hard to get is when your options are open, you're free to mingle, dude hits on you, you like him but for some reasons best known to you, you refuse to accept him so that he'll pursue you long enough just to validate your vain reasons.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Allwility: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
youngbelieve:

he kept on pestering me dats why and mind u I 'don't' like him, only saw him as a potential friend-zone dude grin grin
Chai...men aff suffer in your hands. grin
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by youngbelieve(f): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Allwility:
Chai...men aff suffer in your hands. grin

ah don understand, how na?? its not ma fault tho
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Allwility: 3:19am On Apr 29, 2017
youngbelieve:

ah don understand, how na?? its not ma fault tho
Potential friend zone dude? I weak! What do you ladies gain by sending guys to that dreaded area?

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by harffie(m): 5:01am On Apr 29, 2017
SINZ:
The very minute a woman sights you, she can already tell if she can date/fvck you or not. Every other thing in between is just "sereren". grin
smiley Yes o..
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by harffie(m): 5:06am On Apr 29, 2017
MissCuppy:
An honest answer from a badass hard-to-get sombori... grin
But what do you think about girls that knows you like them and still tries to make sure you ask them just for them to say NO..
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Dav77(m): 5:45am On Apr 29, 2017
this is a very serious issue, the so called pretty ladies need to look into, it's all good to be cautious but going the extreme is just not cool enough.
I'm facing a similar situation right now, I love her but she never show any sign of seriousness, I have shown her a yellow card, by the time I flash the red card,it might just be too late for her to comeback
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by dingbang(m): 6:46am On Apr 29, 2017
See why I treat some girls like scum... Its because of this reason dat I break their hearts and feed to the dogs

8 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by PromiseUche(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2017
They feel hard to get bcoz u are not half what they want from a potential husband, I bet u, if u are near their 60% they won't be so hard on u, bcoz they know d country's position and how competitive u can be wen anoda notices U.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Archangels2(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2017
I guess ladies should be careful while playing hard to get. Many guyz with good intentions tend to get discouraged because of shit like this.
I for one do not have patience for a lady's "hard to get" mentality. There are so many fishes in dis ocean

4 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by youngbelieve(f): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2017
Allwility:

Potential friend zone dude? I weak! What do you ladies gain by sending guys to that dreaded area?

dreaded area ke!!! haba its not Dah bad na, at least we didn't completely shut u out we considered putting u in dat zone
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Allwility: 10:36am On Apr 29, 2017
youngbelieve:

dreaded area ke!!! haba its not Dah bad na, at least we didn't completely shut u out we considered putting u in dat zone
Hehehe, guys like me dont end up in your zone. It's usually the other way round. I dont ask girls out. If I like you and you can hold a witty convo, we hit it off. Else bounce. No time to ask her out or request for numbers.

7 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by PromiseUche(m): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=Allwility post=56030467]
Hehehe, guys like me dont end up in your zone. It's usually the other way round. I dont ask girls out. If I like you and you can hold a witty convo, we hit it off. Else bounce. No time to ask her out or request for numbers.[/quote

Confirm bro, da ur way na him sure pass!
I like that pattern, its works.
If u ask them out to make dem feel more of a woman, they turn around and change it 4 u, by giving huddles to jump first and suspense...

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by youngbelieve(f): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
Allwility:

Hehehe, guys like me dont end up in your zone. It's usually the other way round. I dont ask girls out. If I like you and you can hold a witty convo, we hit it off. Else bounce. No time to ask her out or request for numbers.

you issa bahdt guy oo,,, so re trying to tell me dat you've neva been in a serious relationship??
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by mykel25(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
;DNnu
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by mykel25(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
grin
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by mykel25(m): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
youngbelieve:
sometimes when a lady says no, it means she's jus not interested. this jus reminded me of last month wen two guys walked up to me, de first guy was interested in me while de second was there to help him out (lol as a helper dat he is na) so dis guy asked me for ma number and I told him plain dah I won't give him! then his frnd jus carried de mata for head and started begging b4 I knew we all started gisting lyk we knew each other somewhere ( de guys were funny sha nd cute cool ) so after de whole gisting he requested for my number and I declined again den his frnd jus vex start to waka go and am lyk ahah!! de pesin wey need de number no vex na u!! c'mon gerrarahia jhor!! out of pity I wanted giving de oda guy my number den he made a very stupid statement dat provoked me, he said no girl had ever turned him down dah I was de first. immediately I heard dat statement I was lyk wtf!! I didn't even say anything I jus left him there and went away.

Ehya.... It obvious u regretted not giving him later
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Allwility: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
youngbelieve:

you issa bahdt guy oo,,, so re trying to tell me dat you've neva been in a serious relationship??
Lol...I'm a bad guy in a good way. Of course I've been in relationships mostly with women that know what they want. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price / Look Out For Destiny Helper When Selecting Wife, Not Good Cook - Wale Aladejana / Janemena Teasing Her Husband Dick With Her Pussy While He Is Standing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.