Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Hidden Diamonds - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Diamonds (416901 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Hidden Desire By Blair / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Diamonds by DrClemzzY(m): 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Hadampson(m): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2017
SPDAZZY:

Chéri chéri, çà va ?

Ca va bien mercigrin
Re: Hidden Diamonds by marianneada(f): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hadampson:

Ca va bien mercigrin
So u sabi speak french Hadampson.

I cant believe i've been glued to my phone trying to catch up with u guys, Evajael dear, u're a great writer, may God continue to give u strength and wisdom to put smile on people's face with your story, thumps up to you sweetie smiley
Re: Hidden Diamonds by talk2saintify(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
To much talented writers in NL..
Nice Piece Dear...
Following..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Hadampson(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
marianneada:

I cant believe i've been glued to my phone trying to catch up with u guys, Evajael dear, u're a great writer, may God continue to give u strength and wisdom to put smile on people's face with your story, thumps up to you sweetie smiley

Yes o, its spdazzy that taught mesmiley

Suis je couche, spdazzyundecided
Re: Hidden Diamonds by WHOcarex: 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Waiting oo
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Clarabarbie(f): 4:03am On Jul 24, 2017
I love this story sooo much!. This is one of the best I've ever read!!. But I noticed something though, why is everyone calling themselves names?.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by SPDAZZY(f): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2017
Hadampson:

Yes o, its spdazzy that taught mesmiley

Suis je couche, spdazzyundecided

Lol, je ne comprends pas.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by legacee(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
Wow, its good to be back. The story still got me locked in. Hope ma evajael z doing great. Pls enuf with the deaths already, everyone's been through a lot, try giving them a happy ending.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by XclusiveDee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
Started today and still following bumper to bumper....
Thumbs up miss,,,more ink to your pen.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
XclusiveDee:
Started today and still following bumper to bumper....
Thumbs up miss,,,more ink to your pen.
Thanks for reading and commenting even in my absence
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
legacee:
Wow, its good to be back. The story still got me locked in. Hope ma evajael z doing great. Pls enuf with the deaths already, everyone's been through a lot, try giving them a happy ending.
Thanks a lot dear. Happy ending I'm still thinking about it o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
Clarabarbie:
I love this story sooo much!. This is one of the best I've ever read!!. But I noticed something though, why is everyone calling themselves names?.
Thanks dear. I'm afraid I dont understand the calling names part tho
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
WHOcarex:
Waiting oo
I'll satisfy your hunger soon. Thanks for waiting. I sincerely appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
talk2saintify:
To much talented writers in NL..

Nice Piece Dear...

Following..
Thanks a lot. This means a lot to me
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
SPDAZZY:
Wow, I am really enjoying this story. Couldn't read till yesterday and I am flabberwhelmed wink

Good job Evajael, this story is lit. More mb to your phone.
Thank u ma'am
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
dhamiylhola:
So now we're here.
Me, my girlfriend and a friend read to this point.
When we can't fully understand a part, we had to connect my PC to my TV via HDMI for better reading. �
Evajael, biko, comman update.

My own story is also coming soon.
AT LAST, WE ARRIVED SAFELY (action, thriller)
by Damilee
Whoa. Your comment excited me. Please mention me when you start and tell ur girlfriend and your friend that I love them very much for reading
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
DrClemzzY:
where is this Evajael of a qirl?
I'm here doctor
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sorry I've been away for a while. I'm back now. Updates will resume tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience and for commenting even when I wasnt here. Special thanks to queenitee,hadampson,samesquare,kayo80,johnsown1 and oluwatymylehyn for always checking up on me to know how I've been. I love you guys so much and I'm so happy to know I have people who care about me.
My graduation was on Saturday and so I'm freer than before. I hope I don't disappoint.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
marianneada:

Thanks ma. I'm so glad you love it.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Hadampson(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
EvaJael:
Sorry I've been away for a while. I'm back now. Updates will resume tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience and for commenting even when I wasnt here. Special thanks to queenitee,hadampson,samesquare,kayo80,johnsown1 and oluwatymylehyn for always checking up on me to know how I've been. I love you guys so much and I'm so happy to know I have people who care about me.
My graduation was on Saturday and so I'm freer than before. I hope I don't disappoint.
Thanks once again
Is welcomecheesy
Re: Hidden Diamonds by kayo80(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
EvaJael:
Thanks once again

Welcome back Eva. smiley
Re: Hidden Diamonds by yim(f): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
Congratulations on your graduation, many more heights in Jesus name
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Kimkardashain(f): 2:30am On Jul 26, 2017
EvaJael:
Thanks once again
congrats on ur gradg sis.
maybe u shud drop ur contact 4 me,
am sorry i've nt been myself oflate. pls where is queenitee?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Johnsown1(m): 5:12am On Jul 26, 2017
EvaJael:
Thanks once again

Ur welcome back dear
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2017
Kimkardashain:

congrats on ur gradg sis.
maybe u shud drop ur contact 4 me,
am sorry i've nt been myself oflate. pls where is queenitee?
Alright dear. I'm sorry you're not okay. Queenitee's been busy o that's y shez not here. I talked with her this morning sef
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2017
yim:
Congratulations on your graduation, many more heights in Jesus name
Amen. Thanks love
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2017
Johnsown1:

Ur welcome back dear
kayo80:

Welcome back Eva. smiley
Hadampson:
Is welcomecheesy
Thanks guys. You really are great people
Re: Hidden Diamonds by samesquare(m): 9:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello everyone! Happy day to you all, miss Eva you are welcome back as I've always said YOU ARE IN SAVE HANDS. Always save..........

Higher higher and higher
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Dextinate(m): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2017
Evajael keep it flowing you are good.... Welcome from holiday wet my bread grin
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2017
Kara
I got to the hospital in record time. I paid the silly tricycle rider and rushed inside. I made enquiries at the reception desk and I was asked to wait. I waited there for over an hour. Mum arrived and met me there. She tried to calm me down as much as she could but I couldn’t be calm. I was thinking about my Tristan. I had him out of wedlock,yes but he was still my baby. My first fruit and I wasn’t ready to lose him just yet.
“I knew it mum. Something just didn’t feel right about today.” I lamented.
“Shh. Everything is going to be just perfect. Look,a doctor is headed this way.”
I looked up and saw a young doctor. He stopped at the reception desk to speak with the lady there. She pointed at us and he strolled towards us.
“Good morning ma’am.Are you Tristan’s mum?”
“Yes I am. Please how is my baby? What happened to him?”
“I need you to calm down for a moment ma’am.”
“I just want to know my baby is fine doctor please.”
“Eric is his father I suppose?”
“Yes he is.”
“Alright come with me to my office.” Mum and I held hands as we followed him quietly to his office.”
“Have a seat.” He motioned towards the chair before continuing. “They were hit by a speeding vehicle. According to those that witnessed it,Eric was on a phone call waiting to cross the road with the little boy. I guess he didn’t see the oncoming vehicle on time so they got hit.”
“Doctor how bad are their injuries.”
He paused for a while,looking at me with pity. “Eric’s head is badly hurt.He broke his head actually. Tristan on the other hand hurt his both legs.”
“Oh my God! My baby,mum I’m gonna die.”
Mum said nothing. She just patted my back as I placed my head on her shoulder in tears.
“Doctor are their lives in danger?”
“No. Eric is still unconscious but Tristan is awake.”
“Can I see him?” I asked.
“You can see both of them.”
“What about the bill doc?” Mum asked.
“The man who hit them has made the down payment. He assured us he would be back to complete it.” He answered.
“Thank you sir.” We rose from our seats.
“Doctor Jancel at your service ma’am. I’ll take you to their room.” He led the way and we followed. They were in the same room. The room contained two beds which they were both on. It looked simple but lovely,I noted. A nurse was with him,talking. She gave us space immediately she saw us coming.
“Oh my baby.” I ran to Tristan’s side,mum was following closely behind
“Mummy!Grandma! my leg hurts.”
“I’m so sorry baby. Is it really bad?” I hugged him as he lay there.
“Grandma and mum are here now okay? Sorry my love.” Mum said to him. Fresh tears poured from his little eyes and it tore my heart to shreds.
“Your boy is really strong.” Doctor Jancel commented. Immediately Tristan sighted him,He started crying and yelling. “Mummy bad man.” He screamed.
“No baby.” I cuddled him. “Hush now,don’t cry. He’s not going to hurt you.”
“Don’t worry ma’am. I’ll leave.”
“Sugar,doctor was only trying to help.” I rubbed his back.
“No mummy,he hurt my legs.”
“You’ll be okay sugar. I promise.”

Jamille
“Mille we must rock that birthday party jare.”
“Which birthday party and who is rocking it with you.”
“You mean you want to miss the director’s birthday party this weekend? What exactly is wrong with you?”
“Nothing Esther. I just don’t want to go. You can go with Sola.”
“Mille I hate you,you know that right?”
“Yeah I love you too.”
“So what will you be doing on Saturday?”
“Niel is gonna be in Lagos this weekend. I need to spend time with my prince charming.”
“No wonder you’re not even answering me. You and this your Niel na wa o.”
“Na real wa. Our relationship ehn has been a wonderful one.”
“I can imagine. I admire you guys though. How long have you guys been together?”
“I don’t even know how I’ll count it because we’ve broken up once and got back together after a while.” I smiled recalling the funny way we made up.
“Lover girl,see how she’s smiling. I’ll go alone then.”
“Let’s get back to work abeg.” I said. Esther was the only one I talked to about Niel apart from my family. She went to her desk while I stylishly watched her. I wished she would find love just like I did. She had been through a whole lot all through her life ranging from homelessness to rape and almost death.
She was a chubby lady,not so blessed with height. She had cute dimples and daring dark eyes. The only thing that marred her beauty was a long scar on her left cheek. She claimed she sustained the scar from her rapist. She hated her face for that and strongly believed that all the guys she’d been with left her because of the scar.
She was a really wonderful person and she reminded me of Natasha a lot. It’d been a while since I spoke with Jane. I made a mental note to call Aunt Charis later. I sighed as I got back to work. Life really knows how to throw limes at people.
Mum called me after work asking me to pray for Tristan. She said he and his father were involved in an accident. I almost went crazy for him. She ended up begging me to relax because he was stable though still in the hospital. I spoke with him and I was moved to tears. I promised him I would come over to Uyo. Fortunately,my leave was going to be the next week because of my introduction ceremony so I would spend it with him too. After I hung up,I felt a strong urge to call Aunt Charis to make sure Jane was alright. She picked on the first ring.
“Good evening ma.” I greeted.
“Daughter dear. Is this how to treat your mother-in-law to be? You just forgot about me like that.”
I knew I was in for it.”Ah! My only mama. It’s not like that honestly, I’ve been busy with work.”
“I know and yet you have time to talk to your fiancé all the time abi? Carry on o.”
“I’m really sorry ma. I promise I’ll be bombarding your phone with calls every day from now on.” We both laughed.
“That’s alright my daughter. How are you?”
“I’m doing alright. It’s just that the hustle and bustle of this Lagos gets on my nerves a lot.”
“Eya sorry my dear. You’ll be done soon,just three months left.”
“Yes o and I’m so counting down.”
“I know you can’t wait to speak with Jane. She’s right here with me. We’ll talk about how next week will go when you both are done.” I knew she was referring to the introduction ceremony.
“Ok ma.” She handed the phone to Jane.
“Aunty Jam Jam!” She screamed so hard that I had to shift my phone from my ears. I smiled. She invented the name ‘Jam Jam’ for me and no one could make her change it. I still found the name very funny and Niel used it to tease me many times.
“Sweetheart. How are you baby?”
“I’m fine. Daddy picked me from school today.” She sounded so happy. I couldn’t tell whether she was referring to Niel or Elliot. The poor girl didn’t know the difference between them. The first them she saw two of them together,she was so confused. She refused to follow any of them. She preferred clinging to her grandmother.
“Oh that’s great darling.” She told me lots of stories from the house,school and church and I listened with rapt attention. Jane was a great talker. She was just a few months younger than Tristan. Those two could pull down a house if left alone. We talked for a long while before she said goodbye. It was time for Sophia the first and she never missed an episode. She gave the phone back to her grandmother.
“So which of Jane’s daddies picked her from school today?” I asked Aunt Charis and she laughed before replying.
“My dear oh. It’s Elliot. He came back today and I insisted he picked her from school.”
“Is he back to stay?” I asked,hoping inwardly that her reply would be positive but I was greatly disappointed.
“No. Of course you know he can’t stay one place.” I heard her sigh deeply so I quickly changed the topic to my upcoming introduction. I didn’t want her to feel sad or depressed by talking about Elliot. The woman was going through a rough time and so was Elliot. I felt for them both and always tried to help in any way I could.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2017
Kara
My baby had to stay in the hospital. Mum and I took turns staying with him. She stayed with him during the day when I would be busy with lectures while I stayed with him through the night. Doctor Jancel had finally found a way to make Tristan consider him a friend and not an enemy. They were so close till I began fearing that he would soon overthrow me from my seat in Tristan’s heart.
Eric woke up after a day.He was recovering too but I hadn’t said a word to him since he opened his eyes. The doctor said Tristan may never be able to walk again and that was enough for me to think about. He didn’t rule out the possibility of walking again completely but his chances were really slim.My baby now moved from place to place in a wheelchair.
I was seated by his side one night,trying to study when I heard my name. I raised my head but I didn’t notice Eric was awake. I returned my attention to my books when I heard my name again. I was terrified.
“Kara, I’m the one calling you.”Eric said a bit louder this time. I turned to him and heaved a sigh of relief.
“Sorry I startled you.”He added when he saw I wasn’t ready to say a word.
“It’s alright.” I replied and kept mum.
“Won’t you say something?” He asked.
“What do you want me to say Eric? I should give you a Nobel prize for almost killing my son right?”
“It wasn’t my fault Kara. I would never try to kill our son.”
“It wasn’t your fault.”I scoffed. “Yet you were making a call and trying to cross the road with my son. How many times have I warned you to stay off calls when you’re on the road,whether you’re driving or walking Eric?”
“I wasn’t making a call.”
“You’re a bad liar. Have you forgotten that there were eye witnesses there that day?”
“I’m sorry Kara. I didn’t mean for this to happen. You can see I’m in bad shape too.”
“You’re in bad shape but you have assurance of recovery meanwhile my first and only child may never walk again.” Tears were streaming down my face.
“Stop exaggerating Kara,he’ll walk.”
“Exaggerating? You’re accusing me of exaggerating now yet when the doctor was telling me about it you were busy flexing in dreamland in the name of being unconscious. You’re just so…” I stopped so I wouldn’t say any more hurtful things.
The door flew open and Doctor Jancel walked in. I quickly dried my tears.
“Ah! Mr. Eric you’re still awake. Good evening Mrs.” He went to Eric’s bed to check him. When he was done,he came towards me. “So my good friend is asleep.”
“Yeah he is. Thanks for all your help Doc.”
“My pleasure ma’am. I’ll leave you and your husband now. He needs all the company right now.” I squeezed my face in a frown as he left.
“Kara,let’s …”
“I need to see the doctor. Excuse me.” I left the room. I met him just dismissing a nurse he just spoke with.
“Mrs. Kara,I hope there’s no problem.”
“Not exactly Doc. I just need to speak with you about something”
“Let’s go to my office then.”
“I think we can talk here.” I said.
“You look like you could use a bottle of water.”
“Alright sir. Lead the way.” We got there and settled down. He brought out a bottle of water from his mini refrigerator and handed it to me. “Thank you Doc.”
“So what can I do for you ma’am?”
“I just needed to clarify something Doc. I’m a single mother. Eric isn’t actually my husband Doc so please you should try not to refer to me as his wife.”
“Goodness! I’m so sorry ma’am. I never thought of it that way. Your surname matches his.”
“It’s just a coincidence Doc.”
“Sincerely,I’m sorry.”
“It’s alright Doc.”
“You and your mum know how to swell my head. Please call me Jancel.”
“Okay Jancel. I better go back to Tristan. Thanks for your time.” I stood up.
“You’re always welcome.”

Jamille
“Esther how do I look?” I twirled before her.
“You’ve asked me that more than a hundred times Mille and I’ll tell you for the last time that you look just great.”
I was getting ready to meet Jathniel. He landed already and was heading to our place to take me out. I was clad in a denim shirt and a high waist red skirt. Niel loved denim outfits a lot and I wanted him to be happy. The high waist skirt was what I loved more than he loved his denim. I wore red flat shoes. Esther helped me pack my braids into a ponytail leaving few to dangle in front.
“Will you stop smiling at yourself in the mirror?” Esther chided.
“How is it paining you now?”I retorted. Just then my phone rang. It was Niel. He just told me to come open the door and hung up.
“So can’t you knock?” I asked him as I opened the door. He wasn’t alone. There was a dark guy behind him. He wasn’t as tall as Niel.
“Uhm hello.” I greeted. Niel began giggling. “Come inside.” I ignored him totally.
“Girlfriend won’t you even say hi to me?”
“Hello dear.I’m Jamille.” I extended my hand for a handshake with the stranger.
“Hi Jathniel.” Esther burst into the living room.
“Esther,what’s up babe?” They shook hands.
I turned back to the strange guy whose gaze was fixed on Esther. She obviously hadn’t noticed his presence yet.
“Sorry dear. I didn’t catch your name.”
“I’m Neville,Jathniel’s cousin.”
“Pleased to meet you Neville.”
“Neville if you’re done with my woman. This is Esther,Mille’s good friend and Esther,this is Neville my cousin.” Niel introduced them. They shook hands and got talking while Niel came to me.
“Miss me sweetheart?” He brought his forehead to mine.
“Niel,we have company. You shouldn’t do this.”
“With my woman,stop it abeg.”
“Who is your woman?” I shifted from him just as Esther cleared her throat.
“Let’s get going dear. We have to drop Neville at his home first so we can use his car.” Niel said.
“I’ll just go get my purse then.” I went in. When I came out,I met them laughing at something.
“Esther, take care dear.”
“You too.” She pulled me in for a hug and whispered “Better bring something back.”
I laughed and went out with them.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (86) (Reply)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.