Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From (13537 Views)

Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / A-z:list Of Oba’s That Have Ruled The Ancient Benin Kingdom((1180-present) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:20am On May 03, 2017
Omotorlani5007:

In an argument like this, you bring facts to prove your point if you have any contrary view to what the OP has written. yorubas will gladly embrace the traditional story from our benin brothers if only they come with facts not "argument" because yorubas are truly sophisticated. lastly, I need to ask any benin brother to tell us more about IFA oracle, the genesis of it, the first creature that used it because in yoruba we have answers to that and the last time I checked, benins have made claim to it...peace

That's because as with anything else in their history, they are conflicted in confusion. They mis-place IFA with EFA. See the following attachments about an interregnum between the Ogiso and Oba dynasties and what they say about EFA. Igodomigodo itself is only limited to the brief time Evian acted as place holder or in ACTING capacity to the throne, and does not correspond to a monarchy reign, but again, in their confusion, they equate igodomigodo with a reign.

Notice where it says also that both Yoruba and Edo know Oduduwa by name. So where did their confusded minds fabricate some Ekaladheran to be Oduduwa? Likewise, the EFA (which is a council similar to the Yoruba Ogboni) placed an SOS and cried for rescue from Ife. The Yoruba colonists in the second dynasty then recognised the indigenes by paying a levy for occupation of the land.

So if indeed it is true Ekhaladeran, a supposedly Edo indigene was borrowed or exiled to Ife and became ruler over there, and his descendants returned to their fatherland in the person of Oranmiyan or Eweka, enthroned as Oba, why the need to pay levy on a land that undisputedly their ancestors once ruled over? There is a gap in Edo story.

Anyway, these papers are open for Edos interested to challenge it. Areafada2, please have a field day with this work of scholarship. I have many more revelations to bring....Im only playing it wise. We will conclusively lay your fables to rest and bury it permanently with the materials I will be releasing at stages on this thread. Start defending your claims against the facts stated in this book, your arguments on popularity and map will not help you against the tide of facts and truths exposed here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:21am On May 03, 2017

1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:22am On May 03, 2017

1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:23am On May 03, 2017
-

1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:23am On May 03, 2017
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:28am On May 03, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Ok OP im following you now. You dont run from controversial subjects, keep it up, but send me notification so i can jump in and contribute blows. grin

grin grin
yes sir, you should already get a notification on my new uploads. No blows, scholarship is on our side. Generations of experts and scholars in different humanities have been studying these two cultures for ages and what they submit is more powerful than a fist blow. It's now up to the Edos to defend their lies or be drowned by the truths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 6:39am On May 03, 2017
history2900:
You lost total credibility when you talked about "yoruba being malians", I don't even know why I am still reading your claims and responding to you. You don't know what you are saying. You keep making claims while providing no proof, and your claims are ridiculous to say the least.
I have never been an aggressor on this platform before but the other way round , don't make me use vulgar expression on you because you lied against me. But the humility of my bloodline make me think otherwise. However, QUOTE ME WHERE I MENTIONED YORUBA ARE FROM MAHLI EMPIRE. If you don't know how to read, then you need not be on this forum. I ask you once again, Where did I mention my heritage came from Mali.? This just show the depth at which some Edo INDIGENES always try to continue to distort and derail this thread.

Excuse me!

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by marabout(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2017
history2900:
You lost total credibility when you talked about "yoruba being malians", I don't even know why I am still reading your claims and responding to you. You don't know what you are saying. You keep making claims while providing no proof, and your claims are ridiculous to say the least.

Totally. No credibility whatsoever.

They lost even more credibility by ganging up to silent AreaFad2. I hoped I would be wrong when I predicted it.

You prevent someone from commenting or replying to posts, then flood it with papers written by you guys.

And those information you supplied to foreign writers.

Then go about saying you are scholars. You people cannot tolerate diverse opinions.

Same role you lot have played to entrench tribalism & mediocrity in Nigeria, tagging along with the feudalistic North. Betraying yourselves, from Afonja, to Akintola, to even OBJ.

Shame on you lot.

You can silence me here also.

@History2900, let them wallow in the narrow mindedness, tribalism, myopia & megalomania.

No amount of their "dubious scholarship" as Areafada rightly calls it will make a dent on Benin History.

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by OlaoChi: 10:13am On May 03, 2017
marabout:

They lost even more credibility by ganging up to silent AreaFad2. I hoped I would be wrong when I predicted it.

You prevent someone from commenting or replying to posts, then flood it with papers written by you guys.

Then go about saying you are scholars. You people cannot tolerate diverse opinions.

Same role you lot have played to entrench tribalism & mediocrity in Nigeria, tagging along with the feudalistic North. Betraying yourselves, from Afonja, to Akintola, to even OBJ.

Shame on you lot.

You can silent me here also.

@History2900, let them wallow in the narrow mindedness, tribalism, myopia & megalomania.

No amount of their "dubious scholarship" as Areafada rightly calls it will make a dent on Benin History.

What you people are saying isn't even Bini history, just a few people inventing stories to feed their ethnic egoism

You have already dented your history with your hands

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by OlaoChi: 10:17am On May 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Ok I have heard you.
Leave us with our Oduduwa and our religion, afterall, it isnt YOUR religion, or is it?
Now, back to the thread topic.

Oduduwa is worshiped in Bini. They even have an "oodua festival" and the name "Oduduwa" is very popular in Bini traditions

Yet they come here with a name "Izoduwa" that they never used to refer to oduduwa. Their lies!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by marabout(m): 10:47am On May 03, 2017
OlaoChi:

What you people are saying isn't even Bini history, just a few people inventing stories to feed their ethnic egoism

You have already dented your history with your hands

Chai! Knowing the futility of trying to twist history must be very painful. Especially considering the gargantuan efforts by so many of you "sophisticated & educated" people over the years. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hahahahha!

What make you think your inconsequential opinion matters to anyone?

Heck, why do you think the opinion of Yoruba people (very unstable in anything) who speak from both corners of their mouth even matter to Benin people?

We are not talking of political betrayal of oneself and others here, but a concrete and illustrious history of Benin. tongue cool

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by marabout(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2017
OlaoChi:

Oduduwa is worshiped in Bini. They even have an "oodua festival" and the name "Oduduwa" is very popular in Bini traditions

Yet they come here with a name "Izoduwa" that they never used to refer to oduduwa. Their lies!

Suddenly you also now know Benin history more than Benin people. You are really taking yourself too important these days. shocked shocked shocked

Ebomisi is worshipped in Benin. Many other deified people are worshipped, even back in ancient Rome.

How does worship of a deified Edo man of whatever name variant change anything?

Chai, the thing dey pain una well well. cheesy grin grin

So you think Benin people will do boi-boi like you people do boi-boi follow Hausa? And just let you write historical nonesense and take it. In your dreams.

A case in politics: you see how Oyegun is doing his thing, balancing the over all interests of the many groups that make up APC. While Tinubu & his minions thought supporting Oyegun to be chairman means taking instruction from Tinubu. Edo people do not do that.

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2017
marabout:

Shame on you lot.

You can silent me here also.

If you think you have information that predated the beginning of OBA in BINI history, bring it forth. And stop thinking, ganging up was the matter. If your areafada, had point, he ought to presented it. I came forth with over 500 years of I, Olu317 personal history. Start with that on your own lineage. Then you can understand, why we YORUBA are different from you guys. Even your own brother @history2900, even couldn't read very well when he LIED, that I mentioned YORUBA FROM MALI. Is this how you people really are? If not because, my Edo friend has been a friend for over 26 years, I would have denounced my friendship with him,if you people are fond of telling consistent LIES.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by OlaoChi: 12:40pm On May 03, 2017
marabout:

Suddenly you also now know Benin history more than Benin people. You are really taking yourself too important these days. shocked shocked shocked

Ebomisi is worshipped in Benin. Many other deified people are worshipped, even in ancient back in ancient Rome.

How does worship of a deified Edo man of whatever name variant change anything?

Chai, the thing dey pain una well well. cheesy grin grin

So you think Benin people will do boi-boi like you people do boi-boi follow Hausa? And just let you write historical nonesense and take it. In your dreams.

A case in politics: you see how Oyegun is doing his thing, balancing the over all interests of the many groups that make up APC. While Tinubu & his minions thought supporting Oyegun to be chairman means taking instruction from Tinubu. Edo people do not do that.

At least you cannot deny that the name "Izoduwa " lacks any traditional reference to oduduwa. You all know him as oduduwa and even worship the Yoruba deity as you worship many other Yoruba deities

What have hausa, tinubu and oyegun got to do with history and traditions that I am talking about, please stick to the topic. You Binis are fond of this cowardly approach in a discussion that is supposed to be strictly historical and cultural

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 2:15pm On May 03, 2017
MetaPhysical:
-
Awesome revelation. Kudos
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 03, 2017
You guys need to stop telling lies, in Benin we have no God named Oduduwa. You may be confusing with our God Osalobua.
This should at least serve as proof of who the liars are.
OlaoChi:

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 03, 2017
It is very funny that in order to support their narrative, some non-Edo people have made themselves spokesperson for the Benin culture and religion. They are now telling us what our religion is and what our culture is. This is a whole new level of telling lies. No Edo ever knew that his oral tradition said that "Edo learnt Brass casting from Ife" untill some non-Edo just started claiming that that was what the Benin oral tradition said. What the hell ! Let us just focus on historical documents such as pre-colonial maps ! Some people want to rewrite history so bad that they build up all these fairy tales based on nothing ! Rumors and fabrications of rumors ! This is not serious at all !
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Kirigidi(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2017
MayorofLagos:

I agree alhaji. This is a myth buster!

How many people know Edos were conquered by invaders from Ife who installed a Chiefdom on them, and then followed it up with a monarchy, which then evolved into an Empire?

This is front page material definitely
U mean to say u believ this fabulous story formulated by a white man in far away Russia as true history of the Binis? Guy wake up!
A foreigner can not tell Africans their true history, only Africans can! Edos know their history and are proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Kirigidi(m): 3:58pm On May 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

The question is simple enough if you can read.
Origin of the first Benin monarchs. Shuooo!
In likewise manner, tell us the origin of first Yoruba monarchs!
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 5:24pm On May 04, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lol. No Yoruba invaded an inch of Edo land.

Whereas Benin took large swathes of Yorubaland, especially Eastern Yorubaland. I know because I still have relatives there including a first class King. The boundary agreed between Benin Empire & Oyo was at Otun (today in Northern Ekiti). The treaty was between Aare Ona Kankanfo of Oyo & Iyase Ekpenede of Benin. Check your history. And Benin founded Lagos monarchy through Esipka/Asipa & Prince Ado of Benin. Benin practically lost Lagos when Oba Kosoko was deposed in 1854 (actual signing of Epe Treaty with the British). That history is well-known. A son of a late Oba of Lagos personally confirmed that history to me. Oba Adolo of Benin instructed Oba/Eleko Dosunmu to allow Kosoko return from Epe to Lagos in 1860. But with British naval guns supporting him & British controlling him, it was the first time an Eleko dared to refuse Benin's command & officially stop paying annual tribute to Benin.

Over the years here on NL many of your people have come up with mushroom papers that hold no water. Only to disappear. None of them has even dared to claim Yoruba invasion of Benin land. Your own new invention is like AY comedy. Very dry indeed. grin cheesy
Julius Caesar is relevant because it shows leadership & organisation is key, not size. And the Oba himself led army to war, like Caesar did.

When Omonoyan, son of Izoduwa returned to Benin, he never even set foot in Benin. Some powerful Benin chieftains led by Chief Ogiamien refused him access to Ogiso palace. It took his great grandson (4 generations later) Oba Ewedo to overcome the resistance & enter Benin City proper. The heat of politics was too much that Omonoyan (Oranmiyan) left Benin suburb that he stayed and returned to Yorubaland. A relative of mine remains the Duke of one of the ancient Villages near Omonoyan's palace. Though Benin suburb today, they were outside villages then.
The Oba took his Regnal title Ewuare, last year on the same grounds near my relative's palace, just like Omonoyan's son Eweka I first did in about 1170AD. The issue of invasion does not arise.

It is nothing new for a royal relative in another land to return as King. In 1714, George Elector of Hanover, Germany, became King George I of England, being the closest relative of Childless Queen Anne of England who was trusted to be non-catholic. The Royal family of today comes from that German King. Being German & not keen on staying in England, he Chose Robert Walpole to become The First Minister. That is how Prime Minister position began in England. No invasion.

The Danish-German prince that became King of Greece is the ancestor of Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth of England today. Many other examples, earlier & later abound. E.g. William, Duke of Normandy (France) waged war on England's King Harold to reclaim the crown of his relative King Edward The Confessor, only because the crown due him was usurped by King Harold. That was even in 1066.

You need to understand comparative history to free your mind from narrow tribalistic chest-beating.

Omonoyan was a returnee Ogiso descendant. Via Prince Ekaladerhan who took Izoduwa as regnal name in Ife.

I am not talking based just on books. But based on history that lives & breathes in Benin. Used daily in songs, proverbs, morning greeting "oriki", royal ceremonial re-enactments, traditional worship, etc. Each time I visit my relative's palace there, the whole history of Eweka dynasty is rekindled.

What did we need Ebira for? shocked shocked
Benin was an astute Empire builder. Ebira was not on a trade route we needed, so why needed them? Whereas Eastern Yorubaland was useful. And Lagos Lagoon was important too from the Atlantic on the other side as was part of Ijebu on land towards Lagos.

Benin had to manage human & material resources very efficiently for best results. We didn't have populations needing huge land for resettlement. We needed vassals paying tributes & facilitating security & trade while maintaining core Benin population in Benin area. To the point prohibiting slave trading in Benin persons or by Benin persons & tribal tatoos & marks were made to identify Benin citizens.
Benin was one of the few nations worldwide with a standing army under Chief Ezomo, field commander of royal Army. A fact confirmed in the 1700s by A French slave trader who tried in vain to buy shiploads of slaves from the strong army of Benin from Ezomo. The same time Oyo thrived on slave trade.
Mr. man, stop churning out lies. There is no-one called IZODUWA. How many times do I have to inform you on this? I am a descendant of Odua and history pass down has nobody from Edo coming to ILE IFE being genealogical connection. The Falsified lies that you people claimed About Adimula is enough. How will someone come from somewhere and gave his first male child, a name which isn't from his historical tribe ,but which is a name of another people? Do you not know Fagbamila orangan ILE ILA was the first legitimate male child? Odu'a didn't even visit EDO till he passed on to great beyond. Thank God that ODUA didn't visit, the place because you people would have said, after all, he came visiting his ancestral home. This would have been another dimension to it. I just wonder why OONI didn't walk out on Oba BINI when he saying trash about history of ODU'A? Perhaps, Oba BINI would have known the implication of addressing issue that history didn't BACK BINI up. If Bini was strong, how come She didn't influence every area she claimed to have conquered militarily? What about Language influence? Do you even know Odua wasn't a black man? if you don't know, Oranmiyan was half caste (having partly black and partly white colour complexion?) Do you even know Odua came with a Sacred Stone? And again, you said, you don't need to attack Ebira, because they aren't disturbing your trade. If that it true, how come excavation done at Ebira kingdoms is connected to BINI and Nri?how come BINI pendant is alike was excavated in Ebira land? YORUBA don't copy others, but all of you copy us.You mentioned invasion from French businessmen or Full Army command? If Ijaw don't even recognize you, how will Calabri people know you? BINI as I have mentioned didn't have an edge apart from trade influence. Clapperton, came through the Bight of BINI in 1822 through Oyo and spent seven weeks in Kuntaga, how come BINI didn't have record of this, despite the fact, he came with small Military unit .If Complex location as the Niger tribes didn't have knowledge of tribes apart from Itsekiris,then Bight of BINI was a route to connect into interior part of Northern part f the present day Nigeria. No language influence, no military influence, no spiritual influence. How do you now dominate another group if you are not more advanced than such group? The traditional clothes Bini wear are Yorubas.The Ogun, you BINI worships was Yoruba and the father of Oranmiyan. The IFA, you consult is from Yoruba etc. The reality is that, BINI, decided not to attack Ebira because there is a connection. If Bini claimed to indigenous people, considering URHOBO, history, then , there is a connection to Ebira that claimed to be part of old EDO family.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by marabout(m): 5:27pm On May 04, 2017
Olu317:
If you think you have information that predated the beginning of OBA in BINI history, bring it forth. And stop thinking, ganging up was the matter. If your areafada, had point, he ought to presented it. I came forth with over 500 years of I, Olu317 personal history. Start with that on your own lineage. Then you can understand, why we YORUBA are different from you guys. Even your own brother @history2900, even couldn't read very well when he LIED, that I mentioned YORUBA FROM MALI. Is this how you people really are? If not because, my Edo friend has been a friend for over 26 years, I would have denounced my friendship with him,if you people are fond of telling consistent LIES.

How can he bring forward is barred from commenting? This was your gang up plan, bar Areafada2 and then flood the thread with lies he cannot respond to.

Even simple fair play, you people are afraid of. Shame on you guys.

Anyhow, who says those so called evidence are genuine? cheesy grin

Who cares about what your Muslim masters write or think of Yoruba?

You lot are so pained & jealous that you have dedicated yourself to denying Benin history. Continue with your futility.

I guess History2900 has already learnt not argue with bigoted narrow minded people.

So you feed your Edo friend that he will miss your friendship? Who says he cares about such a worthless friendship?

Maybe he grew up in Yorubaland to even keep a friend like you.

You not be different from the usual traitor, backbitting behaviour while forming "respectful". grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by AreaFada2: 5:54pm On May 04, 2017
marabout:

How can he bring forward when he is barred from commenting? This was your gang up plan, bar Areafada2 and then flood the thread with lies he cannot respond to.

What makes you believe that your mushroom so called proof has to dignified with any evidence.

Even simple fair play, you people are afraid of. Shame on you guys.

Anyhow, who says those so called evidence are genuine? cheesy grin

Who cares about what your Muslim masters write or think of Yoruba?

You lot are so pained & jealous that you have dedicated yourself to denying Benin history. Continue with your futility.

I guess History2900 has already learnt not to argue with bigoted narrow minded people.

So you feed your Edo friend that he will miss your friendship? Who says he cares about such a worthless friendship? See megalomania o. Very funny. grin

Maybe he grew up in Yorubaland to even keep a friend like you.

You cannit not be different from the usual traitor, backbitting behaviour while forming "respectful". grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by AreaFada2: 6:08pm On May 04, 2017
Finally I can comment. But you people are pathetic to have silenced me here.
Do not expect me to come and behave in a way you people want. Or expect me to answer your stupid questions. I am actuallly furious for this silly barring fvck up.

I think I was too gentle here. Seun and his absolutely lost my respect.

Ban me, I do not give a rat's poo hole.

The sooner you forget about your "Dr Who" Oduduwa teleporting up and down and family using chain to descend from heaven or some funny hill, the better. As much as it might diminish your Olumo Rock size ego, Izoduwa was no magician
he was simply a Benin prince. A gifted medicine man for sure. Even your little kids if you have any, will tell you how silly your Dr Who desert from Arabia or some God- forsaken place story is. Your citing papers you guys wrote and provided information to write has no merit.

Do you think you are Lai Mohammed and we are the gullible public? grin
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2017
So the new line is that the malian empire was Yoruba ? Please do you hear yourself ? You talk like a crazy person. As I keep saying let us deal with facts. The Oduduwa story is mere unverrifyable fiction. History and religion are two different things. Enough said. Next time you want to claim something attach a proof to it !
Now, I find it hard to understand some of you people. However, I will act as my father's acted in the time past, which is to show forth humility always and show forth strength when trampled upon. I will like you to read it again, where I mentioned MALI. I said, Yoruba had been patronised by Mali around 11th century. Now, where did I mention, Yoruba is Mali? Lastly, Odua isn't fictitious. If it was true that Odua was a fiction, how come In Ife there is still a ram's head in granite, almost life-size, and ceremonial stools carved in single pieces from solid pieces of quartz. But it is the
terracotta sculpture (and bronzes)? Did I, myself fall from Heaven? There are millions of his descendants and I am one of them. If I am passing this info,is because someone like you, will read it through me. I have given an information about myself, if you doubt,go to ILE IFE and ask. The traditionalists, will tell you exactly where the location of All patrilineal Odua descendants are. If you can go to ILE IFE, google USI EKITI and OWALUSI. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER.

Enjoy
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2017
AreaFada2:
Finally I can comment. But you people are pathetic to have silenced me here.
Do not expect me to come and behave in a way you people want. Or expect me to answer your stupid questions. I am actuallly furious for this silly barring fvck up.

I think I was too gentle here. Seun and his absolutely lost my respect.

Ban me, I do not give a rat's poo hole.

The sooner you forget about your "Dr Who" Oduduwa teleporting up and down and family using chain to descend from heaven or some funny hill, the better. As much as it might diminish your Olumo Rock size ego, Izoduwa was no magician
he was simply a Benin prince. A gifted medicine man for sure. Even your little kids if you have any, will tell you how silly your Dr Who desert from Arabia or some God- forsaken place story is. Your citing papers you guys wrote and provided information to write has no merit.

Do you think you are Lai Mohammed and we are the gullible public? grin
I am happy you aren't banned and if you were,it will deny you the opportunity to learn the Truth. However, don't rejoice because your own Bini creation account mentioned, BINI as the first place to be created. IF odu'a was your powerful prince, what kind of animal are they known with in his family or associated with him? Secondly, why did he forget your EDO GOD
OSAN'OBUWA?

BINI CREATION MYTH
According to Prince Edu Agharese Akenzua , the Enogie of Obazuwa-Iko, near Benin, Edo State "Mythology tells us that kingship in Benin is as old as time; it was there at the time of creation. When OSAN'OBUWA ( God, the Creator) finished creation, He decided to send his sons to live on earth. Before they departed, He asked each one to take along a talent or a gift. Among the talents were wealth, knowledge wisdom and an old snail shell. One of the sons chose wealth, another knowledge,and another wisdom. When the youngest was to choose, only the old snail shell and a couple of nondescript items were left.
As he wondered which to take, a hornbill emerged and whispered to him to choose the dirty, old snail shell. What would he do with an old snail shell? But he obeyed the hornbill and told OSA N'BUWA he wanted the shell. They set forth on their journey, each in his boat. They arrived at their destination and found it was water. The boats could not berth. The hornbill appeared again and told him to pour the shell's content into the water. As he did so, the water solidified: land emerged and rolled forth into the distance. He anchored his boat and stepped onto TERRA FIRMER. OSA N'BUWA was impressed by the intuition which made his youngest son choose the shell. God named the land EDO and made him king over it.

EDO FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH HISTORY
courtesy: kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane.

Enjoy it

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by AreaFada2: 8:50pm On May 04, 2017
Olu37 or whatever you call yourself, no amount of copy & paste will stir me to take you seriously.

It appears Benin History Denial is your full-time job. Keep posting lies, at least you have to earn your keep.

My respect for all of you including Seun Osewa is gone. Totally gone.

I can now imagine how Benin/Delta people who had enough of Western Nigerian shenanigans and left to form Midwest Region felt.

If you people have any dream of writing Edo people's history, wake up from it. We are not you people that let Arabs, Malians & Hausa-Fulani write your history.
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 1:41am On May 05, 2017
AreaFada2:
Olu37 or whatever you call yourself, no amount of copy & paste will stir me to take you seriously.

It appears Benin History Denial is your full-time job. Keep posting lies, at least you have to earn your keep.

I can now imagine how Benin/Delta people who had enough of Western Nigerian shenanigans and left to form Midwest Region felt.

If you people have any dream of writing Edo people's history, wake up from it. We are not you people that let Arabs, Malians & Hausa-Fulani write your history.

Start defending your history against the truths in these papers authored by Bernadenko. If you need to know who he is, look through the many references I posted and also check him up on internet. One of his sources is Egharevba, a respected historian with solid connection and direct access to the Oba palace.

A stream that cuts off its origin will do what...? Dry UP! You see what is happening to your Bini culture in the past 30years? Steadily decaying. When you reconnect with your origin, Ile Ife, the ancestors will renew your land for you. But whether you reconnect or continue to deny is immaterial, historians around the world agree that Yoruba colonized you and gave you Ogiso and Oba.

Lagos is an extension of the Oba dynasty, and hence a pedigree of Ile Ife royal encestry. If you don't believe me go and read the Oriki of Oba Akinsemoyin 3rd monarch of Lagos and a grandson of Oba Ado, it says it all. The Oriki connects his root with Olofin and ackowledges his background in Bini.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by AreaFada2: 2:29am On May 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Start defending your history against the truths in these papers authored by Bernadenko. If you need to know who he is, look through the many references I posted and also check him up on internet. One of his sources is Egharevba, a respected historian with solid connection and direct access to the Oba palace.

A stream that cuts off its origin will do what...? Dry UP! You see what is happening to your Bini culture in the past 30years? Steadily decaying. When you reconnect with your origin, Ile Ife, the ancestors will renew your land for you. But whether you reconnect or continue to deny is immaterial, historians around the world agree that Yoruba colonized you and gave you Ogiso and Oba.

Lagos is an extension of the Oba dynasty, and hence a pedigree of Ile Ife royal encestry. If you don't believe me go and read the Oriki of Oba Akinsemoyin 3rd monarch of Lagos and a grandson of Oba Ado, it says it all. The Oriki connects his root with Olofin and ackowledges his background in Bini.
Kikikikikiki!

Defend? So you guys consider yourselves some kind of "spanish inquisitors". Hahahaha.
You guys have no story and you are not in a million years in a position to ask me to defend anything.

I have been too nice here. Taking time to educate you ignorant lot. Since the gang up and silencing, that has stopped. Go and keep reading those your "Dr. Who" Oduduwa papers. And whatever papers you think you have on Edo.

I have no business with your oriki. If you like preach from here to Jericho. You cannot know the history of Lagos monarchy more than a prince of that house.
I know the plan already. To try & deny Benin history. Like a jealous neighbor who instead of acknowledging other's achievement & working hard to achieve same, goes round denigrating & backbiting others. grin

All the so called evidence you pull out from your an*s are meant to achieve that purpose.

Even if you teleport Oduduwa to come and explain it by himself, It won't impress me.

Let's get this cleared up: I do not consider you lot credible in any way. So reading your papers or answering anything will not happen. Not anymore.

I will only now come to amuse myself at your expense. grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 7:06am On May 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

Leave Seun out of this. You claimed, I copy and paste? didn't I mentioned whom it was copied from? Even one of the princes of BINI called Prince Edu was specifically mentioned, why not defend it?The prince claimed BINI as even owing all European land and I asked you the type of animal associated to Odua, you still can't provide the info and why is the animal(s) associated with Odua and his descendants . I don't even think, you know how vexed I am in my heart, when BINI try to rubbish my father's history. It's the truth fighting against lies. All the clues to link to me if you doubt my own story, is there. Therefore, I expect you to accept the bitter truth. I have given you which you can google the information. Another Oral transfer mentioned ancient people from your region as very wicked, inhuman and Barbaric. My people fought off many people from your part and many moved downward . If some of you think Rev. Samuel Johnson's information is the beginning and the end of Yoruba history, you guys have Erred. I, can authoritatively tell you that, you were not the first to be banned and won't be the last because I was banned on few occasions , when I replied to someone who provoked me and used vulgar words on my personality. Still, I didn't care because I am a man that understand the intricacies of human action. Being banned is part of the rule here despite the fact the Mod(s) are bias at times But someone like me don't CARE. Now, bro, get the fact correctly, you are dealing with Adimula's(Odua) descendant and information I have given have nothing to do with nothing BUT THE TRUTH.

No hard feelings bro, just hitting out the true history of the land of Odua.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by marabout(m): 8:38am On May 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

Kikikikikiki!

Defend? So you guy consider yourselves some kind of "spanish inquisitors" . Hahahaha.
You guys have no story and you are not in a million years in a position to ask me to defend anything.

I have been too nice here. Taking time to educate you ignorant lot. Since the gang up and silencing, that has stopped. Go and keep reading those your "Dr. Who" Oduduwa papers. And whatever papers you think you have on Edo.

I have no business with your oriki. If you like preach from here to Jericho. You cannot know the history of Lagos monarchy more than a prince of that house.
I know the plan already. To try & deny Benin history. Like a jealous neighbor who instead of acknowledging other's achievement & working hard to achieve same, goes round denigrating & backbiting others. grin

All the so called evidence you pull out from your an*s are meant to achieve that purpose.

Even if you teleport Oduduwa to come and explain it by himself, I won't impress me.

Let's get this cleared up: I do not consider you lot credible in any way. So reading your papers or answering anything will not happen. Not anymore.

I will only now come to amuse myself and your expense. grin grin cheesy cheesy

Lol. Just ignore them.

See that one pretending like he didn't know they stopped you from commenting.

Do not waste your time with them.

Let them keep massaging their egos.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2017
EDO CHILDREN, I TELL YOU ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE NO HISTORY. GO DO YOUR FINDINGS ON YOUR DEAD IZODUWA WHO HAS NO HISTORY IN YORUBA LAND. A WEAKLING, BARBARIC AND A BANISHED HUMAN BEING THAT HAD DIED IN THE BUSH.
COME AND FACE ME AND LET ME TEACH YOU ABOUT ADIMULA : EMI OMO ORANMIYAN, OMO LAJADOGUN, OMO LAFOGIDO, OMO LUUSI ,OMO ORIMOLAADE etc.
AWON OPURO DÈDÈ.

PROUD DESCENDANT OF O'DUA

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 4:44pm On May 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

Kikikikikiki!

Defend? So you guy consider yourselves some kind of "spanish inquisitors" . Hahahaha.

Even if you teleport Oduduwa to come and explain it by himself, It won't impress me.

I will only now come to amuse myself at your expense. grin grin cheesy cheesy

No Yoruba person called Areafada to come in here. Areafada stepped in on his own will to defend Bini. If you feel your points are swallowed by the authenticity of this scholarship work, as of course it's expected to be, then you have the freewill to also depart the thread. This thread is the GLOBAL position and academic acceptance of Ile Ife as the origin of 1st (Ogiso) and 2nd (Oba) dynasties of Bini monarchy. The thread is open to people of Edo or Bini background who are interested in clarity on the position of their history. It is not opened for touts, so I encourage you to behave and not insult me in vulgar terms. It is already evident that you lack capacity to clarify the points or discredit the caims made by these scholars.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nrubeisi Na Ndebeiwu / Tutorial On Making A Flower Brooch With Seed Beads And Pearl Beads. / 1904 British Punitive Expedition Against The Obolo (andoni) People & Their God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.