Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From (13534 Views)

Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / A-z:list Of Oba’s That Have Ruled The Ancient Benin Kingdom((1180-present) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by AreaFada2: 5:55pm On May 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

No Yoruba person called Areafada to come in here. Areafada stepped in on his own will to defend Bini. If you feel your points are swallowed by the authenticity of this scholarship work, as of course it's expected to be, then you have the freewill to also depart the thread. This thread is the GLOBAL position and academic acceptance of Ile Ife as the origin of 1st (Ogiso) and 2nd (Oba) dynasties of Bini monarchy. The thread is open to people of Edo or Bini background who are interested in clarity on the position of their history. It is not opened for touts, so I encourage you to behave and not insult me in vulgar terms. It is already evident that you lack capacity to clarify the points or discredit the caims made by these scholars.

You mean Ibadan press global position. Only global, Why not planetary position? cool shocked

You set up a propanganda thread and want to also dictate who can say what on it. Your wet dream here is to have various Yoruba people here telling you "beeni", completely unopposed. Far and wide nobody to to consign your story to the dustbin where it belongs. And massage your gargantuan ego.

No wonder Nigeria never
runs out of tin pot dictators be they in military or civilian gab. There are always budding ones like you. Your dubious intellectualism is complete hogwash. If you think I still have any interest in your pretend academic nonsense, you must be much slower than I thought. grin

Well agbero tactics is known to be normal to you lot. Because I have been too nice and patient here over the years, you guys began messing up. You all lost any right to nicety from me due to your underhand tactics.

To compare clarity of thought or not, you have to first match the calibre of people I was educated alongside. Not the failed education system I have not doubt churned you out. grin

To defend Benin? Who told you Benin need defending? Please mind your tongue. You are now also Pontius Pilate? shocked

I am only here to amuse myself now.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 7:45pm On May 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

You mean Ibadan press global position. Only global, Why not planetary position? cool shocked

You set up a propanganda thread and want to also dictate who can say what on it. Your wet dream here is to have various Yoruba people here telling you "beeni", completely unopposed. Far and wide nobody to to consign your story to the dustbin where it belongs. And massage your gargantuan ego.

No wonder Nigeria never
runs out of tin pot dictators be they in military or civilian gab. There are always budding ones like you. Your dubious intellectualism is complete hogwash. If you think I still have any interest in your pretend academic nonsense, you must be much slower than I thought. grin

Well agbero tactics is known to be normal to you lot. Because I have been too nice and patient here over the years, you guys began messing up. You all lost any right to nicety from me due to your underhand tactics.

To compare clarity of thought or not, you have to first match the calibre of people I was educated alongside. Not the failed education system I have not doubt churned you out. grin

To defend Benin? Who told you Benin need defending? Please mind your tongue. You are now also Pontius Pilate? shocked

I am only here to amuse myself now.

Here is a pleasing amusement for you. This is in Wikipedia. The Administrators are pointing to your HOAX about Benin. They already know the game Edos are playing and your penchant to use any means to deny Yoruba colonized you. In fact the guy used a disclaimer to point to his neutrality in case you guys think he is Yoruba and attack him. You are forcing revisions of historical records but truth cannot be altered in the face of GLOBAL awareness. Enjoy the entertainment.... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 7:48pm On May 05, 2017
In case it is not clear enough or too small to read, here it is again in clear texts....

Untitled
"Edoni" is marked as one of the Obas of Nigeria.

Untitled
The Edoni, so says the link there, are a mediterranean people, not an african King!!!!!! 80.109.21.199 (talk) 10:01, 4 March 2008 (UTC)

Revert War
An anon. IP is rewriting the article. Although I have not reviewed everything, I did check into the Edo script. This is not found in the source that anon. used to justify the edit. In fact, it would appear to be a hoax: I have been unable to verify it from any Edo cultural organization. So, unless anon. can provide verifiable references for the Edo script, I can only assume that his edits as a whole are not reliable. I have therefore reverted them pending such sourcing. This has nothing to do with giving the Yoruba primacy, as he seems to think. (Anon. appears to think that I am Yoruba. I am not.) kwami (talk) 00:55, 25 April 2010 (UTC)

Here is the link to your HOAX
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Oba_of_Benin

Here is the linked story where the lies were told
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_of_Benin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MayorofLagos(m): 5:50am On May 06, 2017
Olu,
In reference to the Idungaran response, Im going to wait for Oba Akiolu to sober up before making comment. It appears he still have a lot to say.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 12:07pm On May 06, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Olu,
In reference to the Idungaran response, Im going to wait for Oba Akiolu to sober up before making comment. It appears he still have a lot to say.
This is what the Oba of Lagos said which were filled with controversies.
The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has claimed that Lagos State is not part of Yoruba land.
Akiolu’s statement is coming barely a week after he publicly humiliated the Ooni of Ife , Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at an event.

“Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast.

“The Awori’s and Bini’s are known to be the first settlers of the Eko land. The Awori’s are speakers of a distinct dialect close to that of the Yoruba language with a rich Bini mixture. Traditionally, Awori’s were found in Ile-Ife, they were known to be the Bini’s who followed their self-exiled Prince, the first son of the Ogiso (now called Oba) of Benin Kingdom, whose step-mother was after his head.

“The Oba of Benin was the head of the Benin Empire which are the present day Western, Southern and Eastern modern day Nigeria. The King never obliged anyone to speak the Bini language as he believed everyone was entitled to their own choice of language.

“Until the coming in of the Benin’s 1300AD , Lagos geographical boundary was Lagos mainland, Lagos Island, the seat of the Oba of Lagos then consisted of a pepper farm and fishing post. No one was living there.
“About 1450 AD some Yorubas who hailed from Isheri in Ogun-state and Ekiti were allowed by the King to settle in Eko during a war, they came in a very large numbers thereby surpassing the numbers of the Awori’s and Bini’s. (Hence Yorubas claim to own Eko due to their numbers).
“Oba Ado fell in love with a beautiful woman whose father was Awori and mother a daughter to one of the chief; they had two sons and also a daughter Erelu Kuti, who begot Ologun Kutere who later became King.”

Culled from:dailypost

Just imagine, what Oba of Obun Eko said which are filled with controversies.

First, he acknowledged that Awori are found in ILE IFE with a Yoruba dialect . Why did OBA of Lagos now claimed BINI Owned Lagos Idungaran?

Oba of Lagos, claimed that Oba of BINI didn't allow anyone to speak BINI language and allowed everyone to speak their own language in Lagos. When in fact, the language spoken by BINI KING in the palace court during 13th—19th Century was YORUBA LANGUAGE. What is the Oba of Lagos saying?

oba of Lagos claimed (“Oba Ado fell in love with a beautiful woman whose father was Awori and mother a daughter to one of the chief; they had two sons and also a daughter Erelu Kuti, who begot Ologun Kutere who later became King.”)

Ashipa (1600–1630) died on the way back to Benin
King Ado (1630–1669) first King of Lagos
King Gabaro (1669–1704)
King Akinsemoyin (1704–1749)
Eletu Kekere (1749)
King Ologun Kutere (1749–1775)

Who was the father of OLOGUN KUTERE?

@mayorof Lagos, it is better the elderly OBA Akiolu stop using YORUBA ORIKI IDENTIFIED WITH OSANYI, ILAWE etc IF HE DECIDE TO CHOOSE, BINI OVER HIS REAL IDENTITY?

DO BINI KNOW ANY ORISA CALLED OSANYI AT ALL?

EVEN OBA BINI HAVE ORIKI, WHERE DID OBA BINI GOT THE ORIKI IF ODU'A WAS EDO?

My problem with Yoruba for over secrecy have backfired because small BINI have decided to keep lying at the face of the truth

People should tell oba of LAGOS THAT IF THEY DON'T KNOW ODU'A STORY, ODU'A DESCENDANTS WILL EDUCATE THEM.

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MayorofLagos(m): 3:14pm On May 06, 2017
Im glad people are catching up to the tales and fables spun by these people. Ekaladheran as Izoduwa or Oduduwa is a HOAX as well.

It makes sense, reflecting on these papers, why Ekhaladeran bacame a central point of the Edo story, whereas Yorubas do not know who he is.

Ekhaladeran was a folk hero of Edos, a mythical legend.

By time of last reigned Ogiso resentments were already at high point in Edo society and when it got to a boiling point they banished the Ogiso into exile. Evian was also an hero and so became an administrator pending a suitable replacement. He in turn vouched his son as his successor and titled him Ogiamwen, but the son was not suitable for the position and resulted in Edo people again rebelling against their ruler. The society became polarized. Ogiamwen now had a large following and supporters but he was not a favorite of many in society nor of Edo Chiefs.
Ogiamwen in turn was making plan to turn the interim administration position (regency) into hereditary rulership and make the son succeed the father in a dynastic continuum. This angered the Chiefs. They sent emissary to Ile Ife and asked for a Yoruba Prince to come and lead the people. This is how Oranmiyan got to Edoland.

The people did not ask for an Ife Prince, that was a decisiwasmade by the Chiefs'. Oranmiyan arrived in the midst of chaos and to a society greatly divided amongst itself. The people rebelled against him too and will not accept him. Oranmiyan came with a band of Ife Chiefs. They set up his court, including cults, everything modeled after the court in Ife, including protocol and processions. Every duty and conduct was done in Yoruba language. It was in this environment that Eweka was born into and grew up in, and the throne of Oba Oranmiyan had gained footing before he left in annoyance from the land of Ubinu (anger) back to Ife.

The Edo Chiefs had to concoct a convincing story to feed society in order to pacify them and make Eweka and his foreign root acceptable to them, otherwise they will frustrate him too and it will create more chaos in society and instability for the new throne.

They tied Ekhaladeran, the Edo legend, into Eweka's roots and camouflaged him as a lost blood who is now returned. The people bought the story, hook, line and sinker, that's why till today they continue to believe this their Ekhaladeran hero who left Edo, got lost in the bush and randomly arrived in Ife and there the Yorubas were so delighted to see a lost stranger and right there and then put crown on his head and made him their king and called him Izoduwa or Oduduwa. Eweka is thereby joined in this [b]HOAX[/b]as a grandson of legendary Ekaladheran, now known as Oduduwa in Ife.

Till today people in Edo, which Yoruba renamed Bini, continue to be scammed with this HOAX. They swear their life by it... grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MayorofLagos(m): 3:29pm On May 06, 2017
Olu317:
This is what the Oba of Lagos said which were filled with controversies.
The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has claimed that Lagos State is not part of Yoruba land.
Akiolu’s statement is coming barely a week after he publicly humiliated the Ooni of Ife , Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at an event.

“Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast.

“The Awori’s and Bini’s are known to be the first settlers of the Eko land. The Awori’s are speakers of a distinct dialect close to that of the Yoruba language with a rich Bini mixture. Traditionally, Awori’s were found in Ile-Ife, they were known to be the Bini’s who followed their self-exiled Prince, the first son of the Ogiso (now called Oba) of Benin Kingdom, whose step-mother was after his head.

“The Oba of Benin was the head of the Benin Empire which are the present day Western, Southern and Eastern modern day Nigeria. The King never obliged anyone to speak the Bini language as he believed everyone was entitled to their own choice of language.

“Until the coming in of the Benin’s 1300AD , Lagos geographical boundary was Lagos mainland, Lagos Island, the seat of the Oba of Lagos then consisted of a pepper farm and fishing post. No one was living there.
“About 1450 AD some Yorubas who hailed from Isheri in Ogun-state and Ekiti were allowed by the King to settle in Eko during a war, they came in a very large numbers thereby surpassing the numbers of the Awori’s and Bini’s. (Hence Yorubas claim to own Eko due to their numbers).
“Oba Ado fell in love with a beautiful woman whose father was Awori and mother a daughter to one of the chief; they had two sons and also a daughter Erelu Kuti, who begot Ologun Kutere who later became King.”

Culled from:dailypost

Just imagine, what Oba of Obun Eko said which are filled with controversies.

First, he acknowledged that Awori are found in ILE IFE with a Yoruba dialect . Why did OBA of Lagos now claimed BINI Owned Lagos Idungaran?

Oba of Lagos, claimed that Oba of BINI didn't allow anyone to speak BINI language and allowed everyone to speak their own language in Lagos. When in fact, the language spoken by BINI KING in the palace court during 13th—19th Century was YORUBA LANGUAGE. What is the Oba of Lagos saying?

oba of Lagos claimed (“Oba Ado fell in love with a beautiful woman whose father was Awori and mother a daughter to one of the chief; they had two sons and also a daughter Erelu Kuti, who begot Ologun Kutere who later became King.”)

Ashipa (1600–1630) died on the way back to Benin
King Ado (1630–1669) first King of Lagos
King Gabaro (1669–1704)
King Akinsemoyin (1704–1749)
Eletu Kekere (1749)
King Ologun Kutere (1749–1775)

Who was the father of OLOGUN KUTERE?

@mayorof Lagos, it is better the elderly OBA Akiolu stop using YORUBA ORIKI IDENTIFIED WITH OSANYI, ILAWE etc IF HE DECIDE TO CHOOSE, BINI OVER HIS REAL IDENTITY?

DO BINI KNOW ANY ORISA CALLED OSANYI AT ALL?

EVEN OBA BINI HAVE ORIKI, WHERE DID OBA BINI GOT THE ORIKI IF ODU'A WAS EDO?

My problem with Yoruba for over secrecy have backfired because small BINI have decided to keep lying at the face of the truth

People should tell oba of LAGOS THAT IF THEY DON'T KNOW ODU'A STORY, ODU'A DESCENDANTS WILL EDUCATE THEM.

Oba Akiolu has a lot of internal conflicts he is struggling with. He is a dividing king, not a uniting one. Part of his internal conflicts has to do with the royal family itself. Its in disarray! They need a king who is a visionary and with big heart to reconcile the different ruling houses and tidy up the succession roster. Akiolu cannot do it, they love him as blood but he does not command respect in the "Erin Jogun Ola" bloodline.

Like I said, im going to wait it out, he hasn't finished talking. Be patient, I will give you the truth about Lagos and its heritage. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MayorofLagos(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2017
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
yes sir, you should already get a notification on my new uploads. No blows, scholarship is on our side. Generations of experts and scholars in different humanities have been studying these two cultures for ages and what they submit is more powerful than a fist blow. It's now up to the Edos to defend their lies or be drowned by the truths.

Alaye,
I love this work you are undertaking.
Edumare a ni ife e, Aye a ye o, Oduduwa a gbe o, Oranmiyan a gbe o, Eweka a se iti lehin e, Oju oni ti o, Ase Edumare!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by jara: 4:40pm On May 06, 2017
MetaPhysical,

May Orisa bless you for this effort. Yoruba complacency and the ridiculous claim by Oba of Benin to gain acceptance in the land he "rents" ceremonially each time he is crowned; in the land Ile-Ife captured after being called, has mushroomed into all kinds of false claims. This was a land whose lingua franca in the palace was Yoruba. A land that submited the head of their Oba to Ile-Ife for burials.

Indeed, until 12 or 13 century, nobody heard of Ogiso or Benin until Oba brought greatness to it.

You know, Prof. Peter Ekeh, an Urhobo man had scholarly refuted this novel fabrication by new children of Benin ditching their Yoruba names lately and warned Prof. Ade Ajayi and other Yoruba professors to stand up to the false novel theory.

It has now caught fire and accepted as "alternate facts".

This is why an educated illiterate like Oba Eko has been supporting Oba of Benin claim. Is there any Yoruba that does not know that Ashipa is a Yoruba name? Is there any Lagosian that does not know Ashipa as the first king of Lagos from primary school history?

Even Ado, is a common name in Yoruba as Ado-Ekiti and others.

Diffusion can be used in history but can also be misused. This is how it is used in Benin and Lagos. If you repeat false story often enough, you will gain some followers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by BabaRamota1980: 1:37am On May 08, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Im glad people are catching up to the tales and fables spun by these people. Ekaladheran as Izoduwa or Oduduwa is a HOAX as well.

It makes sense, reflecting on these papers, why Ekhaladeran bacame a central point of the Edo story, whereas Yorubas do not know who he is.

Ekhaladeran was a folk hero of Edos, a mythical legend.

By time of last reigned Ogiso resentments were already at high point in Edo society and when it got to a boiling point they banished the Ogiso into exile. Evian was also an hero and so became an administrator pending a suitable replacement. He in turn vouched his son as his successor and titled him Ogiamwen, but the son was not suitable for the position and resulted in Edo people again rebelling against their ruler. The society became polarized. Ogiamwen now had a large following and supporters but he was not a favorite of many in society nor of Edo Chiefs.
Ogiamwen in turn was making plan to turn the interim administration position (regency) into hereditary rulership and make the son succeed the father in a dynastic continuum. This angered the Chiefs. They sent emissary to Ile Ife and asked for a Yoruba Prince to come and lead the people. This is how Oranmiyan got to Edoland.

The people did not ask for an Ife Prince, that was a decisiwasmade by the Chiefs'. Oranmiyan arrived in the midst of chaos and to a society greatly divided amongst itself. The people rebelled against him too and will not accept him. Oranmiyan came with a band of Ife Chiefs. They set up his court, including cults, everything modeled after the court in Ife, including protocol and processions. Every duty and conduct was done in Yoruba language. It was in this environment that Eweka was born into and grew up in, and the throne of Oba Oranmiyan had gained footing before he left in annoyance from the land of Ubinu (anger) back to Ife.

The Edo Chiefs had to concoct a convincing story to feed society in order to pacify them and make Eweka and his foreign root acceptable to them, otherwise they will frustrate him too and it will create more chaos in society and instability for the new throne.

They tied Ekhaladeran, the Edo legend, into Eweka's roots and camouflaged him as a lost blood who is now returned. The people bought the story, hook, line and sinker, that's why till today they continue to believe this their Ekhaladeran hero who left Edo, got lost in the bush and randomly arrived in Ife and there the Yorubas were so delighted to see a lost stranger and right there and then put crown on his head and made him their king and called him Izoduwa or Oduduwa. Eweka is thereby joined in this [b]HOAX[/b]as a grandson of legendary Ekaladheran, now known as Oduduwa in Ife.

Till today people in Edo, which Yoruba renamed Bini, continue to be scammed with this HOAX. They swear their life by it... grin grin

Mayor has cracked the code! grin grin

Edos, over to you. The Ekaladheran fabulous tale has been exposed. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MayorofLagos(m): 4:58am On May 09, 2017
jara:
MetaPhysical,

May Orisa bless you for this effort. Yoruba complacency and.....You know, Prof. Peter Ekeh, an Urhobo man had warned Prof. Ade Ajayi and other Yoruba pofessors to stand up to the false novel theory.

It has now caught fire and accepted as "alternate facts".

Very good observation!

I foresee a future not long from now when Yoruba Obas will sit on the throne of their forefathers suited in English dress..... tie and jacket. You can call me an alarmist but I say this to highlight the depth of damage that has befallen us in a span of just 100yrs.. If you dial back the time, 100yrs ago is 1918. What was happening in our communitiy and society in 1918? Check it out online to see. Compare with what we have now.

So in a span of 100yrs we have been whitewashed and made to discredit and violate historical origins.

The academically tutored Yoruba historians reject the idea of Yoruba coming from Arabia East. The trigger to that rejection is the word "Arabia". If it had been said that Yoruba came from Rome, it would not have been a problem at all. Any East is acceptable to them as truthful, however absurd the supporting storyline is, as long Yoruba is not in anyway connected to Arabia, even though every element and aspect of Ancient Yoruba matches to Arabia and the customary guild historians tell us so in their oral recount.

Sensing that resentment, Chinua Achebe, who schooled in Ibadan and familiar with story of Moremi and the Ugbos was the first to attempt a revision and claimed that both the East and the Ugbo referred in Ife history is Iboland and that the name Ibo is actually wrong, his people should hencefort be called Igbo.

Next Bini jumped in and connected the story of Ekaladheran which had long ago been used as a smokescreen to aid acceptance of Eweka, and concluded that Yoruba East is Edoland, not Arabia.

Yoruba historians did not discredit nor counter claim and kill off the Bini blasphemy...it played fittingly into their wish to steer our history away from Mecca.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Very good observation!

I foresee a future not long from now when Yoruba Obas will sit on the throne of their forefathers suited in English dress..... tie and jacket. You can call me an alarmist but I say this to highlight the depth of damage that has befallen us in a span of just 100yrs.. If you dial back the time, 100yrs ago is 1918. What was happening in our communitiy and society in 1918? Check it out online to see. Compare with what we have now.

So in a span of 100yrs we have been whitewashed and made to discredit and violate historical origins.

The academically tutored Yoruba historians reject the idea of Yoruba coming from Arabia East. The trigger to that rejection is the word "Arabia". If it had been said that Yoruba came from Rome, it would not have been a problem at all. Any East is acceptable to them as truthful, however absurd the supporting storyline is, as long Yoruba is not in anyway connected to Arabia, even though every element and aspect of Ancient Yoruba matches to Arabia and the customary guild historians tell us so in their oral recount.

Sensing that resentment, Chinua Achebe, who schooled in Ibadan and familiar with story of Moremi and the Ugbos was the first to attempt a revision and claimed that both the East and the Ugbo referred in Ife history is Iboland and that the name Ibo is actually wrong, his people should hencefort be called Igbo.

Next Bini jumped in and connected the story of Ekaladheran which had long ago been used as a smokescreen to aid acceptance of Eweka, and concluded that Yoruba East is Edoland, not Arabia.

Yoruba historians did not discredit nor counter claim and kill off the Bini blasphemy...it played fittingly into their wish to steer our history away from Mecca.

My dear brother, the academics that reject my history coming from Middle East didn't take it away from the rural dwellers and the evidence at hand present . I am happy that some of us that are trying to unravel the mystery despite the tremendous effort of the western researchers who are always feeling superior in their ideology kept doing so much about Yoruba history. Perhaps, God had ordained them to unravel the hidden part of our history. The aspects the white researchers didn't do much on is finding out the reasons Yoruba of 14th century upward couldn't produce Bronze sculpture as it did with the few ones shown to the world. Why didn't they continue the Bronze Terracotta sculptures? Why did they produce nearly all the sculpture in Bronze colour? If the white stopped, why didn't the Yoruba researchers cum archeologists do much on it? The anomaly again occurred when professor Ogundiran claimed that ILE IFE was inhabited around 3BC,just imagine?, when in fact there are radiocarbon to proof every existence of fossil. No match of 3BC existence at in ILE IFE. The sculptures is part of the Art that links the historical account of Yoruba beyond Africa. Some people might think, some of us want to link our Race with Either Israel or Arabian Peninsula. The truth kept opening up and blood link kept connecting Yoruba beyond Africa.There are DNA link with tribes in West Africa and other part of Africa. Yoruba don't have DNA many groups in Nigeria. It is one of these inconsistency that had made A TINY group of unknown tribe of EFA / UDO before contact with Yoruba group but became popular after the introduction of OBASHIP. Every, system used at ILE IFE was chronically adopted at BINI. And here we are seeing some of them believing the rotten information with no foundation being spread like wide fire. The Eboes did their own when they changed the name to ANOTHER. EDO /UDO won't let me rest too on my heritage. I am here to teach a lot of them history and tell them their identity. Today, it will even shock many here that IYASE RANK IN BINI WAS A SLAVE POSITION. How, then do slave lineage want to tell a Son like me and others about who Odua is?, How many EDOS are free born? They WANT TO GET DIRTY,LET US BEGIN TO OPEN UP FACTS.
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by RedboneSmith(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2017
MayorofLagos:

You completely made this up and you know it.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by sosasatire(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Olu,
so, im thinking if the second dynasty (Oba) started with Oranmiyan, who is grandchild of Oduduwa, then the first dynasty (Ogiso) must have predated Oduduwa, unless we have a similar scenario to the dynasties in Lagos, also played out in Bini.

In Lagos, three generation Kings (Ado, Gbobaro and Akinsemoyin) covered a span of 100yrs reign and ended first dynasty in 1749. Erelu Kekere was Queen Mother, her son Ologun Kutere began the second dynasty in 1749.

So could the reign of Ogisos have been a short one, starting in lifetime of Oduduwa and three generations later was succeeded by Oranmiyan, grandchild?

The Ogisos are said to come from the sky during the great creation. I interprete this to mean their authority and political power. That would in essence be an extension of Oduduwa.

We don't have a list of the Ogisos or their reigns to calculate the chronology and evolution in reference to Ife, the origin of their throne.

Give me your thoughts on the time span bro.

Ogiso Igodo(40 BCE – 16 CE).In 40 BCE,‘Igodo,’ an ambitious, young, smart, Edionwere, from Idunmwun Ivbioto district,emerged as the Oka’iko. Igodo staged a coup, by abolishing the Ik’edionwere and declaring himself the Ogiso. He set up the Odibo-Ogiso group to help him consolidate his authority. Ogiso means ruler from the sky. By calling himself Ogiso, he was implying direct lineage to Pa Idu, the youngest son of Osanobua from the sky. He named his combined territories or sprawlingnation state, Igodomigodo, and set up his capital at Ugbekun. The people of Igodomigodo enthusiastically accepted him as their ruler. They saw him as the reincarnation of Pa Idu and accorded him divine qualities. They transferred to him, all the myths associated with Pa Idu, including the God-son creation myth. All Ogisos and Obas of Benin naturally try to strengthen these myths in a variety of ways, including not allowing themselves to be seen eating in public and so suggesting that they can live without food. They are in myth, not mortal but god-kings, with celestial mystique attached to them.Ogiso Igodo, after consolidating his hold on power, set up a Royal Council which includedmembers of the disbanded Ik’edionwere Council and the Odibo-Ogiso group. He toyed with the idea of his succession by heredity and recommended in the alternative, succession by a close relative, who is mature, wise, and acceptable to the Royal Council. Ogiso Igodo died in 16 CE. None of his sons was able to succeed him to the throne.

http://www.edofolks.com/html/osahon_ogiso_dynasty.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Empire?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1729890917

There was no time in history that the Yorubas defeated the Binis in any war. Check your history. But it's out there that the Binis conquered OWO.
The name EKO is a Bini word meaning War Camp
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by MetaPhysical: 2:31am On May 01, 2018
Im happy to hear that Omo N'Oba Ewuare II visited and paid respect to his ancestral home.

May the King live long
May your reign be prosperous and generous
May Oranmiyan continue to look over you
May Oduduwa sustain your spirit.
Isee!

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Omonayanoranmiy: 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
The only family that can tell the truth about Edo history has the oldest palace still standing in Benin today. Although there is a systematic destruction of this palace it stands partly in defiance as a Colossus for truth. This is the Ogiamen Palace in Sakpoba road. Ogiamen Irebor according to this family was the last Ogiso of Benin. Some facts about the Ogiso family, 1. They hail originally from Ile Ife and are called the efa people 2. Chief Oliha after betraying his friendship with ogiso owodo by I'll advising him to kill a pregnant woman was now faced to contend with ogiso owodo's younger brother Evian as ogiso. 3. Oliha banished with some other recalcitrant chiefs leave bini and seeks refuge in Ife the hometown of the ogiso. 4. Oliha approaches Benin with an army to oust ogiso Evian. 5. Evian's nephew Ekaladaran the son of Owodo and Ogie of Ughoton joins Ogiso Evian and together repels Oranmiyan and Oliha to the outskirts of Benin. 5. Oranmiyan disappointed in oliha and the recalcitrant chiefs now knowing that his kit and kins were still in charge of Benin leaves his war outpost seizing the princess of the Onogie of Use Erinwinde and takes her to Ife. 5 Ado is born to oranmiyan in Ife by princess Erinwinde. 6. Ado is sent to become Onogie of Use forcing his mother's father to commit regicide as no two kings can exist in use. 7 . Prince Ado takes title Owimika in Use. 8. His grandson now Oba Ewedo is banished from use by chiefs of Use. 9. He wages war on Benin proper under the leadership of Ogiso Irebor Ogiamien. 10. The Benin refuse to engage in the war stating it is purely a family matter of two families from Ife. 11. Ogiamien leases Benin cementary to Oba Ewedo for his sanctuary.
Edo and yorubas are brothers. Oduduwa is a Yoruba man. The paternity of oranmiyan remains disputed to this day. Oranmiyan mother was a prisoner of war captured by a warrior called Ogun it was also known that oduduwa wanted this woman also for wife. However she was already pregnant at the time oduduwa married her. Making people say oranmiyan has two father's Oduduwa and Ogun. Oduduwa was a settler in Ife meaning he ruled over only one half of Ife at a time. Ekaladaran is not oduduwa he died Ughoton as the first Onogie of Ughoton his grave is still in Ughoton it has been sealed till this day to prevent people from knowing the truth. All over Edo we have Yoruba kit and kins only fools will allow tribal supremacist divide this two beautiful people.
Re: Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From by Olu317(m): 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Omonayanoranmiy:
The only family that can tell the truth about Edo history has the oldest palace still standing in Benin today. Although there is a systematic destruction of this palace it stands partly in defiance as a Colossus for truth. This is the Ogiamen Palace in Sakpoba road. Ogiamen Irebor according to this family was the last Ogiso of Benin. Some facts about the Ogiso family, 1. They hail originally from Ile Ife and are called the efa people 2. Chief Oliha after betraying his friendship with ogiso owodo by I'll advising him to kill a pregnant woman was now faced to contend with ogiso owodo's younger brother Evian as ogiso. 3. Oliha banished with some other recalcitrant chiefs leave bini and seeks refuge in Ife the hometown of the ogiso. 4. Oliha approaches Benin with an army to oust ogiso Evian. 5. Evian's nephew Ekaladaran the son of Owodo and Ogie of Ughoton joins Ogiso Evian and together repels Oranmiyan and Oliha to the outskirts of Benin. 5. Oranmiyan disappointed in oliha and the recalcitrant chiefs now knowing that his kit and kins were still in charge of Benin leaves his war outpost seizing the princess of the Onogie of Use Erinwinde and takes her to Ife. 5 Ado is born to oranmiyan in Ife by princess Erinwinde. 6. Ado is sent to become Onogie of Use forcing his mother's father to commit regicide as no two kings can exist in use. 7 . Prince Ado takes title Owimika in Use. 8. His grandson now Oba Ewedo is banished from use by chiefs of Use. 9. He wages war on Benin proper under the leadership of Ogiso Irebor Ogiamien. 10. The Benin refuse to engage in the war stating it is purely a family matter of two families from Ife. 11. Ogiamien leases Benin cementary to Oba Ewedo for his sanctuary.
Edo and yorubas are brothers. Oduduwa is a Yoruba man. The paternity of oranmiyan remains disputed to this day. Oranmiyan mother was a prisoner of war captured by a warrior called Ogun it was also known that oduduwa wanted this woman also for wife. However she was already pregnant at the time oduduwa married her. Making people say oranmiyan has two father's Oduduwa and Ogun. Oduduwa was a settler in Ife meaning he ruled over only one half of Ife at a time. Ekaladaran is not oduduwa he died Ughoton as the first Onogie of Ughoton his grave is still in Ughoton it has been sealed till this day to prevent people from knowing the truth. All over Edo we have Yoruba kit and kins only fools will allow tribal supremacist divide this two beautiful people.
Lmao. The same Oranmiyan's paternity in what ? Nawao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nrubeisi Na Ndebeiwu / Tutorial On Making A Flower Brooch With Seed Beads And Pearl Beads. / 1904 British Punitive Expedition Against The Obolo (andoni) People & Their God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.