Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! (16706 Views)

Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? / When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / Would You Choose A Good Career Over A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by NemzySeries(m): 12:19am On Apr 30, 2017
in all dis fight watz d guy doing? wud she b fighting to stick to a guy dong nofin to back her up? i suggest d guy shd do d Luv fight but if not d gal shd wall away.......after all hiz not d only dangling d!ck on earth

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by shestrong(f): 12:23am On Apr 30, 2017
NemzySeries:
in all dis fight watz d guy doing? wud she b fighting to stick to a guy dong nofin to back her up? i suggest d guy shd do d Luv fight but if not d gal shd walj away.......after all hiz not d only dangling d!ck on earth

nice

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by EnaibeSam: 1:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Let your friend find out why she was hated by the mother in -law to be.

What is the reaction of the fiancé siblings to the situation? Do they also reject her?

Your friend should know that she is not marrying only the man, but the mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws.

If she must enjoy her marriage, she must be loved by all the in-laws.

So, if she's also rejected by the "to be" in-laws, is better you advise her to leave.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by holluphemydavid(m): 3:43am On Apr 30, 2017
While d story is definitely urs and not ur frd
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by terryalexmm1(m): 5:36am On Apr 30, 2017
It is not everyone that can change it for their own mother.
dingbang:
My mum dare not pull dat stunt on d girl I wana marry.. Cuz me I will change it for her
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 30, 2017
If both parties love each other equally,then they should stand together for their love.
Again they lady should checkout on her past to see out reasons why the family especially the women or mum do not accept her.
The lady should try to meet the mum maybe in private to see reasons or contact the friends to the mother of her boyfriend to see her reasons for he hate,probably you know surely that the woman most have gist about it to her friends,so her friends should know the reason she does want her.
The guy should,it a ''most'' be on the girl side 100percent if he truely loves her,if the guy stand by her totaly the mum will become weak oneday,and that will make the girl stand firm in her fight for her man..

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by luminouz(m): 6:23am On Apr 30, 2017
quivah:
my mama dey say if your lover's family no give you eye, accept you or respect you.. flee!! love is nothing!! love isn't enough.. love isn't even supposed to be the reason you stay in such relationship. your hubby's attitudes. I.e if he stands for you in cases like this, should be the sole reason why you decide to stay or leave..

but worse off most of these guys in this sort of relationship don't stand up for their girls. after all it's family first!. a typical example is the guy in the OP, with time he might fall to his mum's pressure.

I no sabi talk, I don't know how to fight back..I take every shit thrown at me but all I do is walk away and most times, I don't ever get involved with such a person again. These persons mostly are hostel mates, my 'friends', class mates.. I don't know how to talk back, can't say no, state my displeasure or fight back.. all I do is laugh painfully, or just rub it off..
now imagine,if one gets into a family who doesn't accept you, disrespects you,of course she gets to take all those shits, they get to her, she cries within, self esteem get shattered and even worse the partner doesn't know how to stand up for her, or probably didn't see how his family hurts her.
it's terrible!! but it doesn't stop there.

knowing the kinda person I am, I can never marry someone whose family doesn't accept or respect me. it cant work! and I can't stay with a man whom my mum rejects either. this goes beyond physical, really!! that woman enh!

I think op should tell her friend, to leave aside that yeye love, love that can't make her partner stand up for her... love isn't enough!!! she better be wise.
if her lover can't stand up for her now, he can't stand up for her ever and the maltreatment goes on no matter how hard she tries to earn her mil's respect. Only her hubby can make things work out with his mother, something he is failing woefully at. With time, she won't take it no more, and then she explodes and release all the venom inside of her back at the mil. believe, she's sad her mil to be treats her bad, but believe me more....something deep is growing inside of her too. it's just a matter of time.
have you ever been bullied so hard but you werent too strong to retaliate or you hated to fight back?.. but you feel not only sad that you got bullied, you also feel very angry after each incidence??..but it's all in a matter of time. yeah right, you get my point.
from whence, things get really worse and the marriage/relationship go crashing down.. who gets the Blame? the wife!!

@op, her fight isn't with her lover's mum, it's with her lover.. if he cabt stand up for her, or he's afraid to talk to his mum..it's better she lets go. the woman is feeding on her son's silence, if he just talk to his mum..things will mellow. and it's better he makes his mum realize what he wants, if he waits till marriage before he stands for his wife, believe me, a typical Nigerian woman in this state,would revert back to spiritual uhm uhm. thinking her son has eaten concoction.. you can see how complicated things get.

PS; the ability to say no, state your displeasure in respectable manners, shows some level of your maturity.
she can't fight her in law but she can't take the insults either.

the emboldened is one of my personal development goals.

#modified

U sound like a gentle soul n fun to be with but what do I know...u could be vampire or virago! Women!!!!*sighs*

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by quivah(f): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2017
luminouz:

U sound like a gentle soul n fun to be with but what do I know...u could be vampire or virago! Women!!!!*sighs*
you see, I think it's rather funny when people think they can know another person over what he/she wrote online...esp from one single post.
I like the fact that you were able to caution yourself over what you perceived I could be..
while I know I don't get angry easily or fight back, I also do know am stubborn and introverted. many of my so called friends who give me shits or whatever that I refuse to throw back, also have to put up with some of my bad vices.
so I marvel when people on nairaland are quick to accept your online personality as real.
that's just one side they are showing, or who knows... trying to show!

so I could be gentle, fun to be with, stubborn and introverted,vampire,cool,virago.. I could be anything!! you can never know over my posts on ñl cheesy
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Kondomatic(m): 7:17am On Apr 30, 2017
quivah:

you see, I think it's rather funny when people think they can know another person over what he/she wrote online...esp from one single post.
I like the fact that you were able to caution yourself over what you perceived I could be..
while I know I don't get angry easily or fight back, I also do know am stubborn and introverted. many of my so called friends who give me shits or whatever that I refuse to throw back, also have to put up with some of my bad vices.
so I marvel when people on nairaland are quick to accept your online personality as real.

so I could be gentle, fun to be with, stubborn and introverted,vampire,cool,virago.. I could be anything!! you can never know over my posts on ñl cheesy
I know everything about you
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by quivah(f): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2017
Kondomatic:
I know everything about you
grin you enh
I'm sure you do

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Kondomatic(m): 7:27am On Apr 30, 2017
quivah:
grin you enh I'm sure you do
Lwkmd.
Where do you get these pictures?
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by quivah(f): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2017
Kondomatic:

Lwkmd.

Where do you get these pictures?
some I saved from nairaland, some I got from WhatsApp.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Kondomatic(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2017
quivah:
some I saved from nairaland, some I got from WhatsApp.
gringringringringringrin

I have saved this one too.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by seun1960(m): 7:46am On Apr 30, 2017
Well she should think of her pass and go down to pray for forgiveness....
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Jman06(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
abegi...
Don't worry. By the time that lady begins to show you pepper and your mum and family decide to leave you to your fate, you will know that you shouldn't have allowed your emotion to becloud your judgement.

As for me, I'll have a heart to heart talk with my mum to find out her reason for not approving of the lady{ she might be seeing something in lady my emotion wouldn't let me see}, if her reasons are cogent, i might reconsider my stance, if not, i will convince her on why my lady is the best for me.

A wife that claims to love you today might hate and even divorce you in the future, but your mom and family would remain with you.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 30, 2017
My dear she doesn't need to stay and fight for any man ,if she tries it that's how she will be fighting throughout the marriage. Let her put the end to that type of relationship, prepare herself emotionally and physically .Her real man will surely find her.

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by petbam: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2017
Not all glitter are gold. He should listen to his mum because your she can see beyond what you can't see. The Lady should never engage in controversial marriage.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2017
Jazmiynne:

By the time the in-laws frustrate daylight out of her marriage E go be her like film-trick as the love go take dry.

Love is like a plant, and meant to be tended for it to grow and flourish.
Flowers won't grow in gardens of stone; the ground must be tended.... - Don Williams

Her husband would support her for the first few years (God help her if it's only for months) as E de hot and then slowly but certainly fire wood go cool. And then E go show say blood still de flow wella
His support gan-an would make them hate her more seeing her as a wedge between them and their son.

Why should she bring her children into a world where they are hated by their own family? Because whether she likes it or not, they would be that evil woman's children as far as his family is concerned.

Tell her to ask those whose mother in-laws loved them before the marriage, let them give her the up-and-down gists and then she can think again if this is the life she wants to enter where the mama no hide am say she hate you

I have a friend whose mother-in-law-to-be had to even poison her sef and till today she still de sick

Tell your friend say she fit find another love, but another of this present life to live happily no de o

Any day any man mama tell you wholeha say she no want, try to persuade her but no overdo, if E no work Nne count your losses and waka o. Infact give praises to your God that she displayed the dislike before the marriage

#iCantShout #ItsAlifetimeSomething

Thanks ma cheesy
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by luminouz(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2017
quivah:

Wow!!!!! At least tell me u can cook!!! grin
N I will forgive whatever vice u may have!!! tongue
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Adeolu4(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2017
It is better she leaves nw becuz
dat house will b on fire if dey eventually marry each other becaz m 101% sure d boy will later av to choose btw her mother nd her wife, u know d answer to dat
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by HashtagMoniker(m): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
richommie:
Prayer is the key!

smiley smiley

Srrt

#YOLO
Prayer is the key oo but the guy nko, will he just stay there and see his family lambast the girl. Trash. The guy should stand up and be a man.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2017
quivah:
my mama dey say if your lover's family no give you eye, accept you or respect you.. flee!! love is nothing!! love isn't enough.. love isn't even supposed to be the reason you stay in such relationship. your hubby's attitudes. I.e if he stands for you in cases like this, should be the sole reason why you decide to stay or leave..

but worse off most of these guys in this sort of relationship don't stand up for their girls. after all it's family first!. a typical example is the guy in the OP, with time he might fall to his mum's pressure.

I no sabi talk, I don't know how to fight back..I take every shit thrown at me but all I do is walk away and most times, I don't ever get involved with such a person again. These persons mostly are hostel mates, my 'friends', class mates.. I don't know how to talk back, can't say no, state my displeasure or fight back.. all I do is laugh painfully, or just rub it off..
now imagine,if one gets into a family who doesn't accept you, disrespects you,of course she gets to take all those shits, they get to her, she cries within, self esteem get shattered and even worse the partner doesn't know how to stand up for her, or probably didn't see how his family hurts her.
it's terrible!! but it doesn't stop there.

knowing the kinda person I am, I can never marry someone whose family doesn't accept or respect me. it cant work! and I can't stay with a man whom my mum rejects either. this goes beyond physical, really!! that woman enh!

I think op should tell her friend, to leave aside that yeye love, love that can't make her partner stand up for her... love isn't enough!!! she better be wise.
if her lover can't stand up for her now, he can't stand up for her ever and the maltreatment goes on no matter how hard she tries to earn her mil's respect. Only her hubby can make things work out with his mother, something he is failing woefully at. With time, she won't take it no more, and then she explodes and release all the venom inside of her back at the mil. believe, she's sad her mil to be treats her bad, but believe me more....something deep is growing inside of her too. it's just a matter of time.
have you ever been bullied so hard but you werent too strong to retaliate or you hated to fight back?.. but you feel not only sad that you got bullied, you also feel very angry after each incidence??..but it's all in a matter of time. yeah right, you get my point.
from whence, things get really worse and the marriage/relationship go crashing down.. who gets the Blame? the wife!!

@op, her fight isn't with her lover's mum, it's with her lover.. if he cabt stand up for her, or he's afraid to talk to his mum..it's better she lets go. the woman is feeding on her son's silence, if he just talk to his mum..things will mellow. and it's better he makes his mum realize what he wants, if he waits till marriage before he stands for his wife, believe me, a typical Nigerian woman in this state,would revert back to spiritual uhm uhm. thinking her son has eaten concoction.. you can see how complicated things get.

PS; the ability to say no, state your displeasure in respectable manners, shows some level of your maturity.
she can't fight her in law but she can't take the insults either.

the emboldened is one of my personal development goals.

#modified

We had an intervention last night so

Will update once i Knkw whats going on now .. we have told her to tell her man to sort it and if he still doesn't want to do what's right
She should just leave him ..
3 years is not easy but y waste more time ..

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Maxi112: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
ucnwafor:
baba, afa nah
i dey bro... waiting they sub your side?

been a while, why you never enter barrack for long?
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by marcelin(m): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
Family first, because they are the ones accompanying you for the so called marriage.Meanwhile friends(wife) come and go but family remains.
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Chynwe(f): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
She should leave the guy before his parents tie her womb or put everlasting problems in their marriage.I can't enter a family am not accepted,love gbakwa oku

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by missKiffy(f): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
My mum dare not pull dat stunt on d girl I wana marry.. Cuz me I will change it for her
Gbam, only a man who can stand his ground can say this
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by dingbang(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
missKiffy:

Gbam, only a man who can stand his ground can say this
na d tin na.. Parents should just understand we are adults and have grown up and should decide for ourselves who we want to marry.. Fvck d crap about people saying mum is a man's first love bla bla.. Den dey just use dat as a decoy to trap her son from marrying d woman all because of their insecurities.. She wants to try anythn now I travel abroad and she don't see me again. Mchew..
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by ucnwafor(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
Maxi112:
i dey bro... waiting they sub your side?

been a while, why you never enter barrack for long?
o mehn my fone gimmme headache, i jst keep am 1 corner 4 huz, i never get 7k 2 repair the touch, make i manage smal fone 4 now, happy sunday bro
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by maryjabeez: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
All dis pple that like sayin love... well love ain't evrything use ur freaking brain and have a plan!!!

1 Like

Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by bayfam(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2017
Hello bumbea, can I get ur email or to reach u? Mine is rarediamond26@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 14, 2017
bayfam:
Hello bumbea, can I get ur email or to reach u? Mine is rarediamond26@gmail.com, thanks

For
Re: Love Or Parents Which Will You Choose ! by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 14, 2017
KennyID17

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So Far I Have Slept With 18 Married Women / Ladies, How Often Do You Desire Sex. As Much As Guys? / Disclaimer: Kinginvahala Debunks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.