Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate (40957 Views)

Anto Lecky, Beverly Naya And Toni Tones In Bikini As They Vacation In Dubai(pics / Beverly Naya, Stephanie, Toyin Abraham, Juliet: Who Rocked The Aso Ebi Best? / Beverly Naya: He Should Prove Himself Worthy Before You Allow Him Into Your Pant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Asaainc(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
He paid her a compliment, Simple! Nothing inappropriate. Not like she's married self. Just say thank you and end it. If he make further advances then it can be inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by blkmum700: 10:06am On May 01, 2017
Uber driver won knack her akpako she de form text inappropriate if Na dongote send am now or one Pastort she kno go talk oo.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by fabienjoe: 10:06am On May 01, 2017
It looks harmless and plain. But that doesn't necessarily make it appropriate. Conversations on line of duty should NEVER be personal. They should be kept strictly within the business. In the UK for example, reporting this to your manager could get you the sack. It could be seen as flirting. Even if it was sent after the close of work, it's still inappropriate because the company would see her as a customer embarrassed by their staff unless she has never been your customer. But then if actually she loves and appreciates the message, it's all good..

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by ephi123(f): 10:06am On May 01, 2017
tartarus:
Why are Nigerians Shallow?? Must everything be about being rich or poor??. I find it inappropriate for an Uber driver to stylishly take a customers number and contact them after a trip! It is wrong! It's like Domino's pizza calling you after delivering your pizza or jumia delivery man calling you after a delivery. I bet that Uber driver does that to many female customers. undecided
Y'all don't just get it, why didn't he appreciate her DURING the trip or even ask for her number DURING the trip?! After all she was physically present! Did he have to "steal" her number to appreciate her AFTER the trip?!

No one is supporting what the guy did. The reason people are calling her out is she posting it on snapchat, for what purpose exactly? If she felt her personal info and space was violated, then she should have taken it up formally with Uber and let it end there.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Coolgent(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2017
decatalyst:
What is inappropriate here? Because he is 'uber driver' shey?

undecided
If na Yusuf PMB send her dat kind sms she no go call it inappropriate, infact she go even say na God answer her prayer
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by ephi123(f): 10:09am On May 01, 2017
chronique:
No;nothing inappropriate in that. Being a driver doesn't make him less of a human being. I think we need to evaluate how we relate with people around us and give them a sense of belonging. Don't always treat people like they are condemned to be below you. I relate and joke around with my cleaner and mechanic and if not for the way they address me,you wouldn't know they work for me. Each time I use uber, I don't relate with the drivers like they are "drivers" except when the person is rude. I've even had to tell a driver to come down and allow me drive to navigate past a place he couldn't drive through, and I drove him without hassles. Being a driver doesn't make them not to have feelings and emotions like every other person. It doesn't mean they are condemned to a particular status. You might not fancy his advances but that doesn't make his text message wrong. He's just being human. Let's stop acting like we just woke up one day and got to the level we find ourselves in. Yes, some of us were born with silver spoon but that isn't a license to automatically downgrade anybody.

Thank you. Exactly. It's a very common attitude in Nigeria.
These people are human beings like anyone else before being uber drivers or cleaners or whatever.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by sammie007(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2017
tartarus:
Why are Nigerians Shallow?? Must everything be about being rich or poor??. I find it inappropriate for an Uber driver to stylishly take a customers number and contact them after a trip! It is wrong! It's like Domino's pizza calling you after delivering your pizza or jumia delivery man calling you after a delivery. I bet that Uber driver does that to many female customers. undecided
Y'all don't just get it, why didn't he appreciate her DURING the trip or even ask for her number DURING the trip?! After all she was physically present! Did he have to "steal" her number to appreciate her AFTER the trip?!
If you think it is shallow to think things are juz based on being rich or poor then you not yet living in reality ...would she have find it appropriate if he affect the zeros in her bank account
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by babestella: 10:12am On May 01, 2017
There is nothing inappropriate with the text message, they guy just appreciated how meek a celebrity could be and he has a right to express himself, doesn't mean any harm.

This is black mentality, she shouldn't have posted this online, really.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by godquality: 10:13am On May 01, 2017
decatalyst:
What is inappropriate here? Because he is 'uber driver' shey?

undecided
my thought exactly. It's not even romantic just an observation the guy made. So she's feeling like a pop star now sharing it because it made her feel good. Rubbish.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by chuksbogus2001: 10:13am On May 01, 2017
It's just a complement!!! there is noting bad at all about this mail.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Chidav123(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2017
I don't even know her, and because of her attitude, I don't even care to know her. Attention seeker. Instead of you to encourage the hard working gentleman's good behaviour, you went on social media to cast him. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by DSoj(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2017
If it was a gov's son, it wouldnt be inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by tartarus(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2017
ephi123:

No one is supporting what the guy did. The reason people are calling her out is she posting it on snapchat, for what purpose exactly? If she felt her personal info and space was violated, then she should have taken it up formally with Uber and let it end there.
Yes it was very wrong for her to post it on social media but the guy was unprofessional. He would have complimented her when she was in his car or he could even have requested for her number DURING the trip. Sending her a text AFTER the trip when she clearly didn't give him her number is so wrong. smiley
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Nobody: 10:15am On May 01, 2017
galadima77:
It's silly consequences like this that made the guy said she didn't have to reply... Well,.guys should sometimes learn to just keep their feelings within.

Silence they say.... is golden..

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by onlineadejoh(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2017
eyeview:
Its because he's an uber driver. If she had gone for a business transaction in Glo and adenuga's son sends this to her afterwards, she won't share it with us or consider it inappropriate. She would quickly reply him, and even asking him for a lunch date.

But seriously, who's Beverly naya(i had to even look at the topic again to memorise her name to type it). Which films has she stared in. There seems to be more nollywood actresses than nollywood movies

Guy you're mean! Come On!!! Well it appears you ain't a fan of Africa Magic cos Tinsel airs daily.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by ephi123(f): 10:18am On May 01, 2017
tartarus:

Yes it was very wrong for her to post it on social media but the guy was unprofessional. He would have complimented her when she was in his car or he could even have requested for her number DURING the trip. Sending her a text AFTER the trip when she clearly didn't give him her number is so wrong. smiley

I know, totally agree with you. But people should stop making life more complex than it already is. If he was stalking her and persistently sending her messages, that's a different case. It's just a text for goodness sake, she could have ignored it and moved on.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by obailala(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2017
sirusX:

She just exposed him to the world

They have records of clients and he can be traced by Uber if they really have laws against that

Even when he pleaded, she still found a way to mess him up and ridicule him.

Fear some ladies
Well, she didnt expose his name or his number in the sms she posted... so there's no way UBER will kbow exactly which driver did it out of their thousands of drivers. Truth is, she actually appreciated the message and posting it on snapchat whilst trying to sound unimpressed is just a way these girls show off.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by bigerboy200: 10:19am On May 01, 2017
chronique:
No;nothing inappropriate in that. Being a driver doesn't make him less of a human being. I think we need to evaluate how we relate with people around us and give them a sense of belonging. Don't always treat people like they are condemned to be below you. I relate and joke around with my cleaner and mechanic and if not for the way they address me,you wouldn't know they work for me. Each time I use uber, I don't relate with the drivers like they are "drivers" except when the person is rude. I've even had to tell a driver to come down and allow me drive to navigate past a place he couldn't drive through, and I drove him without hassles. Being a driver doesn't make them not to have feelings and emotions like every other person. It doesn't mean they are condemned to a particular status. You might not fancy his advances but that doesn't make his text message wrong. He's just being human. Let's stop acting like we just woke up one day and got to the level we find ourselves in. Yes, some of us were born with silver spoon but that isn't a license to automatically downgrade anybody.
you are correct...but there should be a clear professional line drawn,besides, this is not a case of "rich vs poor" or "privileged vs underprivileged" cos some uber drivers are even richer than the passengers they drive around. He should have kept his feelings to himself.. some kind of jobs exposes you to different kind of people every time, one must be discipline enough to hold back in the line of duty..no excuse can justify his action. It is clearly inappropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by bigtt76(f): 10:20am On May 01, 2017
Lovely message there but unfortunately as Beverly rightly said, it is inappropriate and many won't understand.

The reasons are many but here are few

1. You don't send a party an unsolicited SMS
Remember the telecoms back then? How many of you loved the 'Happy New Week or New Month SMS you were getting from them and their cohorts? Or the sale offers?

2. Privacy invasion is a serious thing.
The Uber driver got the lady's number by virtue of being a privileged user of the Uber app but that does not give him the audacity of using the number outside the confines of the app or limit of use.

Like the telecoms, they got your number because they gave you the line, but they should not disturb you with SMS you did not request outside issues that revolves round the line use.

BTW how would you feel if a bank teller calls you after peeping at your account balances to hail you? grin

3. It could result in Stalking
The Uber driver may result to stalking her if she leaves lying low (I mean either by responding or not reporting to Uber) she might be endangered

I can go on and on with reasons why the SMS is inappropriate but let's leave it at these ones.

ebusfav:
Beautiful Nollywood Actress and Tinsel star, Beverly Naya, has taken to Snapchat to share the message her Uber driver sent her after he dropped her off. The Actress also disclosed that she thinks the text is inappropriate.

Here's the message, what do you think?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/read-romantic-text-taxi-driver-sent.html

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by tartarus(m): 10:21am On May 01, 2017
ephi123:

I know, totally agree with you. But people should stop making life more complex than it already is. If he was stalking her and persistently sending her messages, that's a different case. It's just a text for goodness sake, she could have ignored it and moved on.
Yeah, true
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by babestella: 10:24am On May 01, 2017
tartarus:

Don't compare Pizza or Jumia delivery men to a "driver", however, this might not even be a one-off Uber driver, she must have been using the guy for a long time now, that has not been stated, but the fact that the guy went this far means that she didn't just start using his services. Don't tell me what the guy did is wrong, is it because he is a driver? If Dangote sent her that text even after meeting her for the first time, would you say it is inappropriate?

Please let's drop this mentality of "some people are not supposed to have some people's number or talk to them just because we feel they are low" it is wrong. The guy has a right to express himself even if he just met her for the first time.

The question we should be asking are: how did the guy get her number?, was that the first time she is using the guys car? What kind of converstion do they normally have whilst she is his car? Is it a friendly kind of conversation or does she act like a boss while in the car? There are many factors to be considered, not just condemning what the guy did.

My opinion, the guy has done nothing wrong.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Adeyeancah(m): 10:24am On May 01, 2017
Now the guy go be like " Ode le leyin"
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by bigtt76(f): 10:26am On May 01, 2017
Exactly! It's called professionalism and that is why good male gynaecologists do not end up poking us after getting unrestricted views of our kini grin

Unprofessional ones (like the Uber driver) would start calling you at night to find out how you're doing and see if you're open to lunch next day Lol. Others would grow a bulge and start whispering.... Let me just rub it, I won't enter LMAO we have seen and heard shaa

bigerboy200:

you are correct...but there should be a clear professional line drawn,besides, this is not a case of "rich vs poor" or "privileged vs underprivileged" cos some uber drivers are even richer than the passengers they drive around. He should have kept his feelings to himself.. some kind of jobs exposes you to different kind of people every time, one must be discipline enough to hold back in the line of duty..no excuse can justify his action. It is clearly inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by chronique(m): 10:27am On May 01, 2017
bigerboy200:

I didn't see him professing love there. It's just a casual message as far as I am concerned. Just a warm greeting.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by tartarus(m): 10:27am On May 01, 2017
babestella:

Don't compare Pizza or Jumia delivery men to a "driver", however, this might not even be a one-off Uber driver, she must have been using the guy for a long time now, that has not been stated, but the fact that the guy went this far means that she didn't just start using his services. Don't tell me what the guy did is wrong, is it because he is a driver? If Dangote sent her that text even after meeting her for the first time, would you say it is in appropriate?

Please let's drop this mentality of "some people are not supposed to have some people's number or talk to them just because we feel they are low" it is wrong. The guy has a right to express himself even if he just met her for the first time.

The question we should be asking are: how did the guy get her number?, was that the first time she is using the guys car? What can of comnverstion do they normally have whilst she is his car? Is it a friendly kind of conversation or does she act like a boss while in the car? There are many factors to be considered, not just condemning what the guy did.

My opinion, the guy has done nothing wrong.
Madam you probably don't understand how Uber works. smiley
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by HqBoss: 10:32am On May 01, 2017
its totally inappropriate to hit on ur passengers
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by babestella: 10:32am On May 01, 2017
bigtt76:
Exactly! It's called professionalism and that is why good male gynaecologists do not end up poking us after getting unrestricted views of our kini grin

Unprofessional ones (like the Uber driver) would start calling you at night to find out how you're doing and see if you're open to lunch next day Lol. Others would grow a bulge and start whispering.... Let me just rub it, I won't enter LMAO we have seen and heard shaa

Well, this is the first time I am hearing romantic lines being thrown into this Uber driver/client relationship o. Anyway, taking it beyond a one-off message is unprofessional. Unless a client requires regular daily pick ups, of which a driver could call the client to know if he/she could come over too pick him/her, a driver doesn't have to hit on his or her clients in romantic manner as we are currently reading experiences online.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by sirusX(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2017
obailala:
Well, she didnt expose his name or his number in the sms she posted... so there's no way UBER will kbow exactly which driver did it out of their thousands of drivers. Truth is, she actually appreciated the message and posting it on snapchat whilst trying to sound unimpressed is just a way these girls show off.
She doesn't need to call his name or number

People register on Uber, and so it's a platform that has records of people's movements:
The car they requested and it's registration details (including it's driver), their pickup and destination, miles driven and fare involved.

So, if they really want to track...they can use her account

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by decatalyst(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2017
obailala:

Conflict of interest I guess. I'm sure the UBER rules prohibit him from hitting on his fares, he's aware of the rules, hence his plea for her not to report.

And yeah, the text may not exactly be romantic to everyone, but a simple text like this could actually brighten someone's dull day out there.

See, no crime or romantic harassment in the text. I have walked up to ladies a couple of times while in school and after I graduated, just to compliment true beauty. Nothing extraordinary in do so!

As per the rules of his job, I do not think such rules exist.

She is just a yeyebrity munching on the guy's innocent text to get back into limelight!

So simple!
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by babestella: 10:35am On May 01, 2017
tartarus:

Madam you probably don't understand how Uber works. smiley

I've not used Uber for once, I drive myself all the time.

How Uber works is not the issue here, it is about the morals behind the text message sent to Naya, in what context is it right or wrong?, that is the debate.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by leslie12345: 10:36am On May 01, 2017
There is nothing inappropriate in this text, probably because he is an UBER driver hence its inappropriate.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yemi Alade's Outfit To An Interview With BeatFM (photos) / Davido To Deal With Thugs That Beat Zlatan Ibile Over Segun Wire Family / Tboss' Fans Slam Payporte For Accrediting A Sold Out Dress To Uriel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.