Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate (40982 Views)

Anto Lecky, Beverly Naya And Toni Tones In Bikini As They Vacation In Dubai(pics / Beverly Naya, Stephanie, Toyin Abraham, Juliet: Who Rocked The Aso Ebi Best? / Beverly Naya: He Should Prove Himself Worthy Before You Allow Him Into Your Pant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by athorello(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2017
You see the reason I like black American blue love films. A janitor falling in love with an uprising TV star, anthony,... Or Barack Obama's daughter getting mad over
athorello
from one backwater Nigeria. Lol grin
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 01, 2017
ironheart:
no woman can equal a man no matter how rich they are. Man na man, at least he is heard working n not using what he has to get what he want

The issue is not about a woman equaling or man or vice versa. Ofcourse the two sexes are made up differently. The abilities and capabilities of both sexes would be different, too. This is why a man and a woman cannot be the same or be able to do the same types of things (duh...). Men are better at somethings. Women are also skilled at different things, in which men cannot come close to doing. So, no sex is better than the other. Each was made to be good at somethings, not better than the other but complement each other.

That said, the issue here is that we should be cordial to one another and treat each other with respect, no matter the scenario. Uber is a professional business. Users of the service expect and deserve a professional experience. To achieve this, operators of the service must adhere to globally recognized code of professional conduct.

You don't "hit-on" your customers, otherwise the unwanted advances makes the experience hostile. When such occurs however, the customer is expected to report the staff to management. In this case, this woman should have immediately reported this driver to Uber if she didn't truly like it, in which case the guy would be deactivated. But she took the text to social media, just to show us that some Uber driver is falling "head over heels" for her. She likes and appreciates the message, just that it wasn't from the right type of guy.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by ironheart(m): 3:02pm On May 01, 2017
namet:

The issue is not about a woman equaling or man or vice versa. Ofcourse the two sexes are made up differently. The abilities and capabilities of both sexes would be different, too. This is why a man and a woman cannot be the same or be able to do the same types of things (duh...). Men are better at somethings. Women are also skilled at different things, in which men cannot come close to doing. So, no sex is better than the other. Each was made to be good at somethings, not better than the other but complement each other.

That said, the issue here is that we should be cordial to one another and treat each other with respect, no matter the scenario. Uber is a professional business. Users of the service expect and deserve a professional experience. To achieve this, operators of the service must adhere to globally recognized code of professional conduct.

You don't "hit-on" your customers, otherwise the unwanted advances makes the experience hostile. When such occurs however, the customer is expected to report the staff to management. In this case, this woman should have immediately reported this driver to Uber if she didn't truly like it, in which case the guy would be deactivated. But she took the text to social media, just to show us that some Uber driver is falling "head over heels" for her. She likes and appreciates the message, just that it wasn't from the right type of guy.
the text didn't show he was hitting on her, just a complement n its gone on social media
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Revolva(m): 3:02pm On May 01, 2017
eyeview:
Its because he's an uber driver. If she had gone for a business transaction in Glo and adenuga's son sends this to her afterwards, she won't share it with us or consider it inappropriate. She would quickly reply him, and even asking him for a lunch date.

But seriously, who's Beverly naya(i had to even look at the topic again to memorise her name to type it). Which films has she stared in. There seems to be more nollywood actresses than nollywood movies

true dont mind all of them they want mega rich guys n neglect who has true love for dem
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Maximus85(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2017
namet:

What is wrong with being single at 51? Do you know her full story? If no man wants to marry her, should she kill herself? What is wrong with Nigerians? The reality is that NOT EVERY HUMAN BEING WILL GET MARRIED. NOT ALL WILL HAVE CHILDREN. LIFE DOES NOT TURN OUT "PERFECTLY" FOR EVERYONE, THE WAY WE THINK IT SHOULD!

Gush.............Enough of this "put down" mentality.....

Maybe you're right. But some of them in their quest to marry the best, they grow out of their prime and singlehood is a sure banker for them.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by iaatmguy(m): 3:29pm On May 01, 2017
chronique:
No;nothing inappropriate in that. Being a driver doesn't make him less of a human being. I think we need to evaluate how we relate with people around us and give them a sense of belonging. Don't always treat people like they are condemned to be below you. I relate and joke around with my cleaner and mechanic and if not for the way they address me,you wouldn't know they work for me. Each time I use uber, I don't relate with the drivers like they are "drivers" except when the person is rude. I've even had to tell a driver to come down and allow me drive to navigate past a place he couldn't drive through, and I drove him without hassles. Being a driver doesn't make them not to have feelings and emotions like every other person. It doesn't mean they are condemned to a particular status. You might not fancy his advances but that doesn't make his text message wrong. He's just being human. Let's stop acting like we just woke up one day and got to the level we find ourselves in. Yes, some of us were born with silver spoon but that isn't a license to automatically downgrade anybody.
very very true. You are the icon of kindness. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by MartinBond(m): 3:31pm On May 01, 2017
I know several Uber drivers that are graduates,infact one lives in Chevyview,Lekki in a 1m naira two bedroom flat, I got for him,is it insane that he sees someone he likes and decides to express his "feelings"?!! Stars/Celebrity join..
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 01, 2017
The message may have been borne out of sincere intentions, but it was a tad inappropriate because he merely had a business relationship with her. It's akin to a bank manager or a teller sending such a message to a client.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Niseed(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2017
a lot of you guys just don't get it. it's not about whether the text was nice or romantic. it was unsolicited and he abused that privilege because he got her number via the app.

it's all well and good now because it was a harmless message but what if he sent her a threatening message or passed her number to other starstruck people to torment her with calls and messages?

I think uber needs to find a way to mask numbers on the app simply because of things like this.

please leave the rich or poor sentiments out of the argument. what he did was actually a security risk to the rider.

uber is not for matchmaking by stealth, you can have a conversation with the passenger during the journey but calling them after is a clear breach of ethics.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by onyii255(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2017
Has anybody seen the romantic or inappropriate part of the message? Pls tag me whenever you spot it cos am still searching..

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by smalls001: 5:15pm On May 01, 2017
soberdrunk:
Mtcheeeew!! What is inappropriate in this 'holy' text, She just wants to show us that 'her market is still selling' and use the driver to shine angry so because someone is driving Uber, he cannot toast woman? angry

It is inappropriate because he had access to her number via Uber. He abused is position.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by smalls001: 5:18pm On May 01, 2017
MartinBond:
I know several Uber drivers that are graduates,infact one lives in Chevyview,Lekki in a 1m naira two bedroom flat, I got for him,is it insane that he sees someone he likes and decides to express his "feelings"?!! Stars/Celebrity join..

Mr Man, as a driver for Uber you have access to contact information of clients. You don't take advantage of that to start stalking them......If Uber is not careful they can get penalized for that..

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by smalls001: 5:20pm On May 01, 2017
jideofor11:
What is inappropriate about the text. He did not say anything rude he only appreciated her personality.

Its not the content of the text but the mere fact he made unofficial contact.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Tortivchina(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2017
I think is about time i introduce myself here as a star too. As what star? i don't know yet.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Macgabe(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2017
Mynd44:
How is this romantic?

So you compliment someone and you are accused of flirting?

This is at best a message that she should keep being good and kind and she will go places. It is appreciation and encouragement.

These people are weird
It all boils down to what thought we ascribe to things. The guy may just be sending a harmless msg but she took it to mean another thing. That's the way we twist things and give it a different meaning. She should have taken it to mean nothing order than words of appreciation and encouragement. If the guy meant otherwise, he will still send another one with clear intent.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by firebaby(f): 5:42pm On May 01, 2017
Like seriously undecided its just a compliments text nah...he isn't crushing on her its a simple I appreciate you,, message...why reading meaning to it ..well its might have bin a long tyn she trends on social media grin
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 01, 2017
eyeview:
Its because he's an uber driver. If she had gone for a business transaction in Glo and adenuga's son sends this to her afterwards, she won't share it with us or consider it inappropriate. She would quickly reply him, and even asking him for a lunch date.

But seriously, who's Beverly naya(i had to even look at the topic again to memorise her name to type it). Which films has she stared in. There seems to be more nollywood actresses than nollywood movies
She is a major cast in tinsel,airing on africa magic and she is feautured in quite a number of nollywood movies
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Patrique90(m): 7:38pm On May 01, 2017
To think she even called it romantic.her understanding of english language is definitely poor
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Adefresh007: 8:34pm On May 01, 2017
Which feeling did the guy let out now?>[quote author=galadima77 post=56087217]It's silly consequences like this that made the guy say she didn't have to reply... Well,.guys should sometimes learn to just keep their feelings within.
quote]
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by spykid014(f): 10:23pm On May 01, 2017
chronique:

Thanks. Yeah, I am. cheesy. How did you find out?

Didn't know. I just asked. smiley
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by Cityguy: 11:30pm On May 01, 2017
CFCman:
The message may have been borne out of sincere intentions, but it was a tad inappropriate because he merely had a business relationship with her. It's akin to a bank manager or a teller sending such a message to a client.
Yea...He should have kept it strictly business. I would also want to say it's a bit inappropriate sending that concluding part wishing her she gets what she needs for the rest of the night. What was that about? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by chronique(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2017
I'd tell you a short story of how I started learning how to respect people, even more. About 5/6 years ago, I was in a different field of business from what I do today. I was about boarding a bus to the office, when my bunch of keys fell from my hand, and dropped into the gutter. I just stood there, looking at it in a confused manner. Nothing on earth would have made me enter into the gutter or put my hand in it, to get my keys. Then came this lad,pushing a truck. He offered to help me out, and went into the dirty drainage to fetch my keys(i was almost giving up, and thinking of how many doors and locks I'd have to break and replace). By the time he brought it out, we bought small detergent from a roadside seller and washed it under a tap where they sell water. After that, I collected the keys and gave him a little tip. As I journeyed to work, I kept playing the whole incident over again. I had no business with him and ordinarily, wouldn't have had anything to discuss with him. But then, this perceived "nobody" went into the dirty drainage to fetch my keys and offered me help. It then dawned on me that nobody is utterly useless no matter how dirty and down trodden they look. And the sad reality is that, we'd always need people like these around us in the society, to get certain things done.

One of the rear nights I had a misfortune of having my vehicle break down in traffic due to overheating, it was a total stranger from nowhere that came to bail me out my helping me to push the vehicle off the road and going to buy water to put in the radiator... Who else would have assisted if not someone of his grade? People like these would always come in contact with us and it's only logical we treat them like humans and not condemned people that should not be spoken to. There's nothing we have and we are nothing. The moment our breath ceases, we are gone. All the ego, prestige and what have you, becomes useless.
namet:

You get it! Thank you for saying...... But the reality is that the Nigerian society is very materialistic. That is why just about everyone is stealing or hopes to steal. These days, it seems Nigerians don't even believe that plenty of money is possible without stealing. Sad to say, but true. I'm not saying those who're fortunate and things have worked out for them should not enjoy or be proud of their achievement. I'm neither saying that Beverly Naya (whoever she is) should not be happy that she's where she is in her life.

I'm simply saying that we should de-emphasize materialism and instead focus more in our shared humanity. Bill Gates is the richest man on earth. But he's humble, almost to a fault. If Bill Gates were a Nigerian, or if Beverly Naya becomes the next Bill Gates, I suspect we won't even be allowed to walk on the public roads, especially if you're a taxi driver. Nigeria is a sick society.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by chronique(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2017
spykid014:

Didn't know. I just asked. smiley

Ok.
Re: Uber Driver Sends Beverly Naya A Text, She Thinks It's Inappropriate by NNAMDICE: 12:26am On May 04, 2017
the lady is an idiot if it was techno,runtown,yul edochie or the likes ,that complimented the idiot she would have been like..WOW I GAT THE BEST COMPLIMENT TODAY FROM MY GUY RUNTOWN....but because his a driver now,,he is now an isue...GUYS JUST WORK HARD TO MAKE IT ,BECAUSE EVERY WOMAN NOW NEEDS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH WEALTH GUYS AND NO MORE ROMANTIC GUYS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Phyno's Statue At Eleme Junction In Port Harcourt (Photos) / "Don’t Lose A Good Side Nigga Over Your Boyfriend"-juliet Ibrahim Advises Ladies / Nigeria Has Nothing For Igbos — Chiwetalu Agu Speaks Days After Leaving DSS Cust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.