Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68277 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by selimdeon: 4:42am On Jul 01, 2018
it's good to be back. NYC write up bro
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
Apollux never update. . . I will be coming back.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys, sorry for the delayed updates. Had issues with my phone. For now it's fixed and I hope permanently. **

** “That I’m aware of son, “ the general laughed again. “I’m not sending you the regular space marine troops but the Space Marine Force Recon Squad. “
“Oh, “ was all Marvel could say. The feats of the Force Recon marine are legendary. Marvel has been one of them before. They are an elite fighting force personally handpicked and specially trained by general Leyland himself. They are the cream of the sol system space marine force. Trained in all terrain combat methods. And they are also proficient in the commando style guerrilla fighting tactics . Their standard issued uniform is the unique chameleon camouflage combat harness. They are good, even among the best in all the military arms of the Earth Defense Force.

“I can see you approve. I will be sending you twenty of them, all under the competent command of lieutenant Terrance McCain jr. They have been ordered to follow your every instructions and be subordinate to members of your team. “
“Ok sir, When are we leaving? “
“We are leaving planetary orbit immediately. “

Back at the ship’s bridge, the admiral was sitting at his command chair, while general Leyland was given a chair close by with Marvel sitting near him. Every other person was sitting with their crash belt all hooked except the cyborg that couldn’t get a chair his size can fit in. His feet has has magnetic clamp that fastened him to the bridge’s floor and all movable part of him frozen rigid by the realignment of the metallic parts.
“Power up the hyperspace fusion drive. “ admiral Makushiba ordered.

“Hyperspace fusion drive powered up. “ said a female who appeared to be in her early twenties, in a crisp naval uniform on the control chair, close by to a younger man who was on the navigation seat.
“Set preprogrammed course for the Iron Belt Cluster. “ the admiral addressed the young navigator. “Send the preset course to other ships, let them be advised. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
“Yes sir. “ the navigator replied. “Course set and sent, sir. “
“What’s the count down on the fusion drive? “
“Twenty seconds and counting down, sir. “
“Alright all get ready for hyperspace insertion. “
Instinctively Marvel’s mind ran the count down as a long time past training has taught him to. When the count down got to five, alarm started to sound all around the ship with a disembodied voice saying. “stand by for hyperspace. “ At one second count down, all the overhead lights in the ship’s bridge went off and in their place came in the read colored emergency light.

“Hyperspace fusion drive engines engaged. “ said the disembodied ship’s voice. This is one part of hyperspace travel Marvel never fails to pay attention to. His eyes were focused on the transparent view ports on the bridge. The black background of space were pinpointed with millions of stars winking as if from a stationary point. As the ship went into hyperspace, the pinpoints of the stars lights stretched and elongated as if they were elastic, appearing like long lances of light. Then they disintegrated all together as the multi hued lights of hyperspace filled the view port.

And the sense of a no-being that characterize the initial entering into hyperspace kick at Marvel’s mind, held it a bit and let go. Hyperspace travel has come a long way. Centuries passed when hyperspace travel first started, men had ran mad from the initial sensations of having your body being pulled out of normal space, seeing nothing, not even the stars and blackness of space, but the multi clashing colors of no-space. But that was in the past. Now the inconvenience of hyperspace travel is just relegated to the background of the mind and seen as the minor inconvenience of space travel.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Chapter Twelve

“ There might be a problem. “ pronounced the faceless silhouette on the holo screen. The secured call came by powerful hyperspace relay drones, cutting it from the general instantaneous comm sat units located on every star system humans have colonized. The relay drones uses only one comm secured line, so that gives the user ultimate privacy. “Rabel have dropped out of sight. “
Taking some moments, Dalmar mused over that for a while before responding. “That isn’t unusual in its self is it? “

“Normally that won’t be, but since his resignation from active piracy, he has always been seen. Though we know he did side jobs once in a while, that takes him out of view shortly but he always appears again. “ The speaker paused for a while allowing the import of his words to sink in. “But this time, it is different. He went for his side illegal trade as usual but hasn’t shown up since then. Him, his cargo and ship all just disappeared. “

“Could it be an accident, a trade disagreement or a pirate rival wanting to get revenge? “
“No, that is not the case this time, else at least his cargo would have come up in the black market for sale and the remains of his ship cannibalized by scavengers. “
“Any need I should be seriously concerned beyond the reason that he supplied us the safe route through the Iron Belt Cluster? “ Dalmar asked setting his chair in his private quarters to recline as his mind worked over several possible implications.

“I think the Earthwatch might have gotten hold of him. “ the speaker on the holo screen said. “It became more obvious now as your people on Nuterra just informed me that Leyland has left Nuterra’s orbit and I don’t think he is returning to earth. “
“Considering he is with a heavily armed naval task force, he may be headed this way, if we assumed that Earthwatch has Rabel in custody. “ Dalmar cracked his right knuckle on his left palm weighing his options.
“Any way this can be avoided? “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
“Not in the time we have left. Our facility here on Omiron 09 was build to last, we are deeply rooted here believing that discovery won’t be a problem for the next couple of years. And quick evacuation is out of the question, it will take us several days to pack up and be ready to move. “
“What about the defenses you have in place over there? “
“Again a dreadnought, four destroyers and six lancers? “ Dalmar chuckled bitterly. “It will only delay the inevitable. “

“Can the newly built ships stop them? “
“Some problems with that exist. “ Shaking his head in sad denial, Dalmar replied. “Though the ships are well armed, but we have very few people that can pilot them in combat. Against that task force, nothing good will come out of it. Our best bet is for the Iron Belt Cluster to slow them down and force them through the bottle neck provided by the safe passage, there we can use to hit them hard. “

“You work on that and let me see what angle I can use here on earth to stop that move politically. “ A few seconds passed before the holo screen speaker continued. “There have been several secret meetings between the president and Leyland, which no one has been made privy to, not even the senate arms committee the president answers to. That is why I couldn’t see the sudden move of Leyland with a secret task force coming. The president has been so secretive as if he suspects every one in the senate chamber. Though his move on this task force is not legal, there is no legal knot to tie him down with. He is pushing the boundaries of the senate pressure on him to stop the crisis by all means. Legally, neither Leyland nor the president can come after you but neither do you or the other corporations with you have an official presence in the Iron Belt Cluster, so Leyland is not legally coming after you. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
Amazed at that, Dalmar spoke so low a little above a whisper yet the holo screen audio receptors picked it up. “That is really smart of the general, goes to show he truly earned his military rank. “
“Unfortunately true and at the moment he is not answerable to his military superiors in the marine command. As the present head of CSC and Earthwatch, only the president and the senate can call him to order. Right now the senate are in panic over terrorist attacks so have given the president emergency powers which he has conferred on Leyland. So no way of getting to him that way. “

After another brief pause the speaker continued. “Just try and delay him as much as you can if he shows up there, while on this end I will try and get some senate and legal backing to send a counter task force to restrain him. “
“Will do that.” Dalmar said as he readjusted his chair back to a straight sitting position. “But you will have to admit the senate is a huge stumbling block to us and need to be eliminated. “

“That’s correct. “ agreed the speaker. “With the senate out of the way quickly we can sideline the president for the few moments the confusion of them disappearing will give us to mount a silent coup that will enhance our base of political and military power. “
“Do you now agree that we put in motion the last contingency place to neutralize the senate? “

“Of course, this is the perfect time. With the senate out of the way, the president will be weak, then General Leyland will be arrested and brought on trial for war crimes and terrorism. The Earthwatch will be disbanded, the CSC will be conscripted into either the Earth Defense Force or Global Security Police. Then for the bounty hunter, Marvel, if he survives this encounter, will be sent to the Afterlife. The cyborg confiscated into government or mega corporation property. I think that about brings us back to plan. “

“Just in time for the implementation of Alpha project. “ Dalmar smiled a bit now relieved.
“How ready is the senate neutralization preparation? “
“All in place, my agent is on stand by and the equipment ready all awaiting my order. “
“Good. You can give the go ahead. I will have gotten the counter task force order by then before your agent gets here. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
I don't know which of the two parties are in for a really big surprise.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
The screen went off as the call was terminated. Dalmar spent the next few minutes making calls and issuing orders, most of them to those on Omron 09, to lift the security level to full red alert status. In all these, he didn’t fail to hear the silent move of the door into his quarters being opened. Only one person in the whole of Omiron 09 have the override code to open the door when locked. But turning he was surprised to see the figure that was standing silhouetted at the open door.

“How? “ was all he could say as it seem that shock would have paralyzed his vocal cords.
“Oh don’t get too worried, as I would have definitely been surprised seeing myself this way too. “ As the shadowed figure walked into the room was shown to be Jeffery, standing on his two feet without the aid of his customary power chair.

“Surprised is the least of my feelings right now. How did you do it? “ Dalmar asked after he allowed the sudden shock to pass out of his system.
“Well that’s the miracle of modern science. “ Jeffery smiled condescendingly as he came to stand before the sitting corporate head. “I borrowed and improved on two inventions from our erstwhile employee, Dr. Guthrie. His nano tech bots created for medical application became the means of curing my ravaged infected tissues after a slight modification. I programmed the nano machines to locate and destroy all the infected parts of my body, eliminating about eighty percent of my body and the infection it self. It destroyed all infected organs, tissues and cells because no cure for that disease exist. But to save me from dying, each destroyed part was replaced by synthetic flesh, something my company is proficient in, as you know. The destroyed bones were replaced by silicon-fibre. For my backbone and nervous system, Dr. Guthrie’s cybernetic-neuro circuitry dif the trick. Now I’m cured and stronger than I ever was. “

Dalmar took a while to view his colleague standing in his white lab coat and light blue pants, amazed at such ingenuity.
“I've Seen the sudden red alert on the whole place. Trouble? “
“There’s a likely possibility that we will be having unwanted visitors. “
“Marvel? “
“Likely but he might be in the company of general Leyland. “

“Damn, why doesn’t he just die. “ Jeffery cursed with clenched teeth. “I thought we really had him on Puerta del Cielo. How the hell did he survive that? “
“Still a mystery. “ Dalman was pensive as he addressed Jeffery. “The report of his survival was hard for me to accept when first I heard it. “
“ What level of threat are we expecting? “
“A task force made up of a dreadnought battleship, four destroyers and six lancers. “
Whistling loudly, Jeffrey said. “That is pretty high, we may have ticked someone badly. “
“Yes, so get ready we may have to move at a moment’s notice. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

Simon Omega’s feeling of excitement and elation swallowed what would have been a surprise of a sudden change of hierarchical channel of communication. Right from his rescue from the Afterlife, his orders have always come through Cedric and he passes them down to those with him. But since they came to this remote place, Cedric has not been seen, the common rumor is that he didn’t come here and has other stuff to do.

After their somewhat successful raid on Nuterra, they have remained here, just resting and practically doing nothing. No one has come to say anything to them till now. The order have come from the big boss himself, there is red alert and all should prepare for engagement. But the exciting thing is that he will get to use his specially made ADMEC machine. He has done the virtual training on this machine and a bit of life testing , that is all he has engaged himself with since after coming back from Nuterra, no other things else to do here.

Walking out of the rec room heading towards the weapon and staging area., followed closely by Icicle and Uthega the only two still left from the original four with him from the Afterlife. The lift that took them up to the staging area stopped opening the door for them to get off. The place was as wide as trice the size of a gravity ball field. Most of the former inmates of Afterlife are all here, checking on their weapons and loading them, they are still more than hundred. The personal security troops of the Omiron 09 were also here getting loaded up on artillery.

In all they make up the size of several companies of infantry like fighting men. Behind them, Simon Omega can see the huge sizes of the ADMECs, the five from the original ones that had survived but something else beside them, the prototype ADMEC that was specifically designed for him to use. This was the prototype that was made after the initial ten were completed. This ADMEC prototype is twice the height of the average one, though bipedal and humanoid in form, it has four instead of the usual two arms. The extra two arms ended in wide cannon muzzles. That is another thing about the prototype ADMEC, it has twice the fire power of the other ADMECs and it’s all Simon’s own to use. At the further side of the staging areas are gun boats being prepared for deployment.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
For just a second, Simon would have been worried about who their intending attackers are that requires this massive deployment but when he has been shown the yard of where the newly built ships were parked, he had been amazed at the level of achievement the mega corporations had gotten to right under the noses of the earth government.

He is confident that no matter the strength of the coming attackers, what is here in Omiron 09 is capable of taking them on. He just silently wished that Marvel will be among them so he can have the opportunity to kill him personally. Icicle had to take over another ADMEC from the previous owner while Uthega will be the one to lead ground troops. Standing before his own ADMEC, looking over the black painted machine form, the guns, cannons and missile ports giving him an idea of its destructive capabilities, he just smiled, Well we are going to have some exciting times, he thought.

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

The MMS-Defiant came out of Hyperspace few hours later accompanied by the Destroyers and Lancers. The hyperspace route plotted took them to the edge of the Iron Belt Cluster. From the holo display feed on the bridge, Marvel was able to see the Iron Belt Cluster, thousands of kilometers of densely packed rocks, each several kilometers in length floating in space all held together in an elliptical shape by the weak gravitational pull of each stone.

High sensor readings were being taken by the naval personnel at the ship’s bridge. Data, schematics and general layout were being read and passed to the admiral. Marvel watched the efficiency of those handling the ship’s controls on the bridge and was impressed, these are seasoned and experienced hands which gives Marvel a sense of confidence.
“Maintain maximum sensor range, order the Destroyers and Lancers to stay put till further notice. Will get back to you ASAP. “ the admiral said as he got up from his chair, telling the navigation officer who doubles as the ship’s XO to take care of things and he walked out of the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2018
Simon Omega again ?..i thought that dude died long ago,this is going to be battle of who gat what it takes
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by PToretto(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2018
It was Redmane that died bro, but I think this is the end for Simeon too

I will want to see marvel in action with the suit

Nice story you got, more knowledge
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by purity247(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2018
next update
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks man.....Omega is going down live.....
PToretto:
It was Redmane that died bro, but I think this is the end for Simeon too

I will want to see marvel in action with the suit

Nice story you got, more knowledge
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
General Leyland followed him calling on Marvel to join them and this time he indicated that Marvel should bring all those with him. Marvel followed him with the Mole and cyborg trailing behind, Hardwire was at the Max Neo putting finishing touches to their preparations for leaving. This time they were led to a much larger meeting room that has a long metal table with about twenty chairs on each side facing a small holo display before each of them on the table.

Behind the head chair by the table is a huge holo display that covered the whole wall. Floating some meters above the table is a 3D image of a star map identical to that on the bridge of the ship. They were all told to take a seat. As usual cyborg remained standing by Marvel’s right hand side, because the chair can’t accommodate his size and weight. The Mole was by Marvel’s left.

The chair after the cyborg was occupied by lieutenant McCain, further on sat general Leyland. The admiral was by the head of the table but his sitting stance showed he was impatiently waiting for something or someone else before he can call the meeting to order. Just then, the door leading to the meeting room slid back showing a lithe person on full space marine camouflage combat armor complete with helmet and a closed visor escorted in by two armed naval officers. With a slight nod, the naval officers backed out of the room as the door slides shut.

The admiral indicated a chair by his left for the new comer to sit. “You can take off your head gear now. “
As the helmet came off the new comer, Marvel was taken aback by the face it revealed. “Thank you sir. “ the new comer said to the admiral before she turned to face the bounty hunter briefly with a sly smile.
“Trust me Marvel, she is really part of this and have done a lot of field work on this mission to be very valuable as it comes to a close. “ Leyland said to Marvel as he saw his looks when he noticed the new comer was Jade. Though on her placid looks it will be hard to tell that the admiral was her uncle, although there seem to be a subtle resemblance between them that can only be noticed if you already know about their relationship.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
Marvel shrugged helplessly looking at the Mole at his side who just maintained an easy but undecipherable look.
“Alright Leyland, this is your show. Tell us how we proceed from here. “ the admiral said pensively.

“Marvel and his team will go through the Iron Belt by the safe route he already have, but it will be under the cover of a ship bombardment. “ Leyland started by plugging a data cube to a tiny terminal before him with a touch of a button, the 3D image above the table was replaced by a grid of white lines, with several read dots filling the place. A green erratic line passed through the red points to somewhere in the middle of the grid. Three curved yellow lines close to each other appeared to pass in a pincer kind of movement.

Pointing at the dots, the general continued. “Looking at those red dots, you notice they are of two types, the big ones that are the more numerous ones are the dense rocks of the Iron Belt Cluster, the smaller ones are the places we suspect the orbital mines planted around Omiron 09 are located. Of course you’d have guessed by now that the green line is the safe pass through there but looking closely you will see that the green line intersects the smaller dots severally. “

Leyland turned to Marvel, coughed a little with a kind of look on his eyes. “Well that simply means, since that is the route you will take Marvel, you will be blown to pieces by the mines. “
“Well I’m sure sir that you didn’t call me here to send me on a suicide mission. “

“Definitely not Marvel. We will give you all the covering we can. But remember that our ships are too big to easily maneuver through those rocks as well as your smaller cruiser will. So our mobility will be greatly hampered. “ This time he turned to face the admiral.
“Never worry Marvel, the orbital space mines shouldn’t bother you at all, we have a way of clearing a path there. We can even cut a path through the dense rocks, if need be but we will definitely be sacrificing stealth and surprise advantage if we go that way. “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
“And surprise is what we really need at the moment. “ Leyland took over from admiral Makushiba. “That is necessary because we don’t know the amount of ships they have, their classes and capabilities. “
“Seems you don’t really need me anymore, since it appears you can go through the Iron Belt Cluster without me verifying the safe route. “

“There you are wrong Marvel “ Leyland faced him again.” Sorry to inform you now but I will have to add a bit to your contract, your standard fee and payment will be included . I want you to bring Dalmar and Jeffery to custody. I believe they may both be holing up in that place. At least I need to get one of them. So this is what I need you for. While we do the frontal assault to draw them out, I want you and your team to land on Omiron 09, unseen and locate them. “

Taking a while to think about it, Marvel said. “Ok I can do that. With the necessary cover, but I’m not promising to bring them back alive. “
“Oh well, if captured alive, that might help my investigation more and lead to better exposure of corruption, the politicians will like that and it will help us locate their mole in the earth government. “ Shrugging with hands raised, “But if they get terminated along the way , it saves me a lot of paper work and brings this whole issue to a swift end. Either way it’s a win win for us. “

“Alright then. “
Facing the floating grid lines again, Leyland pointed at the three yellow ones. “These are the attack angles we want to use in coming against Omiron 09. While this dreadnought acts as the flagship and stays behind, the Destroyers and Lancers will be split into three, a Destroyer and two lancers in each group and one Destroyer at the arrow head point. We will use a delta formation tactics. “

Taking his cue from Leyland, Makushiba picked up. “The MMS-Defiant has the capability to cut a path through the Iron Belt Cluster, howbeit slowly, with the use of any of our six available heavy duty High-powered Particle beam cannons, or shoot several AA Wildfire missile, our Bunker blasters, into the stones to blow them apart. But if it gets to the worst, we can use the main armament of this dreadnought battleship, the Full Photon Cannon. But we won’t use that at first so the people in Omiron 09 won’t know we came equipped with that. “

Smiling widely, Marvel shook his head with mild amusement. “If they know you are coming against them with a Full Photon cannon, they will surrender without a fight or just shoot themselves. “
“What’s the fun in that. “ the admiral said joining in the low laugh with Marvel.
“Alright then, let’s wrap this up. We will need to stay in radio silence till the blasting starts. Wish us all luck. “ Leyland said with a smart salute.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2018
You guys already gat my luck and Blessing,Darma most be bring to Book....match on
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2018
I knew Jade will surely be coming. This one that they thinking stealth and surprise though, I hope they find out sooner, how mistaken they are.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴
Later in the Max Neo, Marvel was already on the Augmented Armored Suit, having completed several virtual testing using it. He was already familiar with combat armor having used the ones that are adopted by the space marines armored infantry combat division. But this is different. Where the space marine combat armor serves as a covering and protection, this one is an enhancer. It takes what he can do and increases it.

The feeling of power from the neuro-cybernetic connection was intoxicating. It made Marvel feel all but invincible. That was one of the weakness Hardwire had warned him several times about the suit, that feeling of invulnerability can be deceptive, so he has to watch it.

“Virtual session completed. “ Hardwire said as he touched some control buttons on the panel connected to the virtual reality machine with several wires linking it to the Augmented Armored suit. The wires were disconnected and the VR head gear pulled off from the suit’s helmet. “You can move away from the machine now. “

Marvel willed himself to move and the suit responded to all his mental commands instantaneously. The size of the suit will need getting used to. He walked out of the virtual machine, each step sounded with heavy thuds. Standing before others in the bay area of the mini cruiser, they came to watch him as he took more steps, flexed his arms and fingers, turning his head around with perfect coordination. He checked the optical display on the helmet giving him a perfect 360° view . There’s IR, night vision, heat sensor, range finder, 3D holo compass, 150 times optical magnification, with telescopic and microscopic sight, an X-ray vision. The abilities on this suit are overwhelming and will take some time getting used to.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Looking out through the visor of the suit was strange a bit but was better than anything the space marine combat armor would have offered. He saw the Mole looking at him with his head cocked to one side, he was in full, all body combat vest, with the combat webbing overlaid on it, heaving several types of grenades hung on it, a big handgun locked in a waist holster.

He was carrying his ever trusty big plasma rifle. Something was jutting behind him. From the reading Marvel could get, it was a DNG-MK 112 combat assault rifle. A projectile weapon that fires armored flintsteel bullets. A drum clip of a 200 rounds attached to it. Several clips were hanged on pouches on the combat webbing.

Cyborg’s look was as impassive as ever, even with the Augmented Armored suit, he was still a head taller. Hardwire came to stand before Marvel with a look of pride on his face, he just couldn’t resist coming to touch the chassis as the helmet’s visor pulled up and Marvel’s face stared at him.
“Let’s get this show started. “ Marvel moved to the door leading outside bay area. “Our tag along passengers are ready to move. “

As the door opened, standing before the Max Neo in the gigantic ship bay of the dreadnought filled with Attack gunships, Javelin dart boats, armored troop carrier and a huge frigate, were twenty people in the space marine camouflage combat armored uniforms. The dreadnought ship is capable of housing about eight thousand personnel at once and more than a hundred attack boats, support ships and troop carriers.

The marines were in three lines of six each and ahead of them were two, with their helmet held by their sides. One of them was lieutenant McCain and the other was Jade. Marvel felt uneasy seeing Jade standing among the marines. She is not a marine personnel but is added to them because she is a spy. Spy always gives Marvel a skin crawl, he can never trust a spy no matter what that is why he doesn’t always like it when he has to work with her. He can as well do without her but it’s out of his power. Though Marvel is forced to admit that Jade is competent in her own way but he can’t have her to stand behind him. The other marine troops all had their helmets on with visor down. But the faces of Jade and McCain was looking up to him.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
“Alright guys I’m not one for long speeches, “ Marvel said looking at those assembled before the Max Neo. “We are going in to that asteroid to grab two criminals, I’m sure you already have their images sent to your helmet’s HUD. I know you are all professionals and are accustomed to taking orders. So the chain of command goes like this, I give the orders to lieutenant McCain and he passes them to you. We go in fast and hit hard. Our targets can be taken dead or alive, so you don’t have to risk your skin just to keep them alive. They give your grief, you blow ‘em away. Personally, I’d rather just kill them and have this over with. So any questions? “ When after fifteen seconds with no one saying anything. “Alright then welcome to the Max Neo. “

Marvel turned back in as the marines followed him in a single file, taking their places in the fixed benches in the Max Neo storage bay. Marvel headed to the forward area of the mini cruiser to the control deck. Hardwire was already on the pilot’s chair, the Mole was sitting behind him. Cyborg was over the navigation console so Marvel took the co-pilot chair, though it was a bit of a tight fix with his Augmented Armored suit on.

Powering up the Max Neo, he engaged the antigravity control, lifting the mini cruiser from the deck of the dreadnought. The ship bay was at once a beehive of activities, as the attack boats started getting filled up with pilots and personnel, the vessels getting revved up for movement. Getting the needed clearance, Hardwire taxied the mini cruiser towards the opening bay door, then engaged the thrusters and drove away from the gigantic ship as the shield was dropped.

With careful control under the guidance of the invisible presence of ADA, Hardwire taxied the mini cruiser towards the packed rocks of the Cluster then headed towards it. The safe path plotted through the place came up on the tac screen, giving constantly changing figures, rerouting to avoid predictable collusion with moving stones.

They haven’t gone five minutes into the cluster when their first near miss collusion happened, it was a quick move by ADA’s underground control that took them out of the part on time. This forced Hardwire to cut down more on the speed of the Max Neo, taking careful calculations and watching the sudden zigzaging angles of unexpected meteors crossing their path. After several dodging acts, the cyborg turned his head to Marvel’s direction.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
“I recommend a spy drone be sent out at this time. The space mines areas pointed on the map given to us from the MMS-Defiant can’t be relied upon. It was not based on real Intel but an assumed points where the mines can possibly be planted around the asteroid Omiron 09. We need to know the make, type and ability of them, before we venture any closer. “

Turning to Hardwire on the pilot chair, Marvel ordered. “Release the skylark spy drone SSD-MK 40. Guess that it’s what it is here for. “
“ADA, I want you to integrate your memory module into the storage compartment of the skylark to give full analysis of data received. When at the asteroid, disengage its seismic analyzer node, drop it on Omiron 09’s surface for complete sonar and seismic examination. That should help us have a rough idea on the outline of that place. “

The hologram image of the Artificial Defense Assistant came on with its blue light imagery, replacing the clothing of a corporate office secretary to that of a full combat camouflage uniform. “Yes sir. “ she said simply then vanished.
By the side of the Max Neo, a small device detached itself, it was about three meters in length, cylindrical in shape with a tapered front and twin short wings at the aft, with a single silent thrust, it pushed off, easily evading the huge stones around. Since it’s size is small and it was covered with the camouflage metal, it didn’t register at all when it got within the mine area around Omiron 09 but passed undetected as it recorded all in its path sending back the much needed data to the mini cruiser

After taking a while to study the readouts been sent from the skylark spy drone, cyborg turned to Marvel his cold voice loosing a little octave in the sound of his voice as if sad. “Getting to Omiron 09 won’t be that easy. For us, it may be possible using the camouflage mode. The first array of defense are the mines surrounding the place. But they are not really mines but defense drones. They are the Smart Automated Defense – SAD drones. They are armed with lazer and missiles with low yield nukes. They also have magnetic clamps that allow them attach to any ship that get close by and then explode. Their greatest advantage is that they are mostly dormant and gives no readings of any kind so vessels getting close won’t detect them till it’s too late, then they become active and blow up the ship. “

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
Oh my Jesus..,.na woh,one thing is very Certain...Darma or whatever mst be capture death or alive
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by PToretto(m): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2018
Good thing they sent the drones.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
Going through another series of data showing on the tac screen before him he continued. “The seismic node just landed on the surface and has sent its data. On the surface are scattered Multi-Explosive Cluster – MEC bombs and Pulse Energy Cannons – PEC, these are the defenses that should bother use most, if we successfully scale through the mines field we may be hard pressed to avoid these.

“One thing about all these is strange concerning the asteroid itself. There are three areas giving off high energy heat readings showing that factories and building facilities are located, possibly where their purported ships were built. The unusual thing detected is that there appears to be a huge Inertia Drive Propulsion engine buried within the Omiron 09 asteroid itself. “

“What does that mean? “ Marvel asked dreading what the answer will be.
“That the asteroid as a whole can moved. “ The cyborg answered, his electronic voice betraying no emotion whatsoever. “It would seem to suggest that this was not the original location of the asteroid but it was moved over here from a previous place. “

“So how the hell did they get that huge rock through the tightly packed stones of the Cluster? “ Hardwire asked turning from his pilot chair to face them.
“That is impossible to determine at this moment. “ the cyborg replied.
“Alright send everything you have to the flag ship MMS-Defiant so they can pass it on to the other ships before they make their move. “ Turning to Hardwire, Marvel ordered, “Activate the camouflage mode and take us to the asteroid with all weapons activated and ready to fire. “

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
As the data was sent to the flag ship, the battle plan was formed and implemented. The four destroyers were Whitefang, Blackbolt, MS-Avenger and HS-Marker. While the six lancers are Immaculate, Fireball, HS-Ferret, Dragonfoot, Cheetah and Redtail. The destroyer Avenger will be paired with the lancers fireball and redtail, they will be the left arm of the pincers.

Then Blackbolt with Cheetah and Immaculate will be the right arm. They will be the two points of the pincers attack. While Whitefang joined by HS-Ferret and Dragonfoot will do the forward direct frontal attack with the flagship MMS-Defiant, following behind. The destroyer HS-Marker will clear the part for others to follow behind. After receiving the defense set up from the Max Neo through the flag ship, the HS-Marker, with its thrusters igniting, moved towards the Cluster, its weapon ports all opened and hot.

Just then multiple missiles were launched from the destroyer heading for the dense stones. The missiles are the type fondly called “Iron head “ because the missile explosive warhead is encased in an armored shell. When the missile hits a target, the armored cone head bore deep into the target, releasing the warhead deep within the target then causing it to explode. But in this case the warhead within these missile are plasma explosives, instead of blowing up the rocks and causing them to disintegrate into small pieces that still have potential to damage vessels, the plasma explosive will flash with a photon light that will vaporize the rocks instead.

Brilliant sparks and flashes of lights appeared as the missiles hit their targets and a path within the densely packed rocks was created. The HS-Marker slowly moved through the route it was creating taking vigilant readings on the positions of the space mines it will encounter as soon as it clears the rocky area.

As soon as the lead destroyer got out of the Cluster, the inactive drone-mines became came alive as their passive proximity sensors came online. Going on secondary assault status, the SAD drones unleashed the missiles locked within them. Each of the drone-mine has two FLS-anti armor missiles powerful enough to cut through the hall of a medium corvette battleship.

The missiles might not be strong enough to breach the cover of a destroyer but they can still cause serious damage with enough repeated hits. The drone-mines, about a thousand of them deployed their missiles on the targeted destroyer. Thousands of missiles were swiftly heading for the HS-Marker. Within the destroyer proximity alarms and multiple target locks warnings were going on.

Halfway to the missiles target, the destroyer responded by bringing all available batteries to bear on the targets. These are 50cm cannons firing plasma and heavy lazer bolts. The guns are fix on flexible joints with a rotation angle of 160° and spewing out huge kilojoule of energy a second. Those batteries are hundreds of them scattered around the destroyer to give it a complete covering fire. Thousands of plasma and lazer bolts intercepted the coming missiles and blowing them out of the way. In about thirty seconds all attacking missiles have been destroyed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
Following their limited programming, since the drone-mines noticed that none of their missiles hit the target, the defense program in them went to to primary assault status totally turning them into the mines they were made to be. The magnetic adhesive in them came online and the mini nuke warheads in them became active. They have mini thrusters in them that can move them within a limited distance.

The proximity sensor within them will only come alive if the target is within the range of their mini thrusters. So the thrusters coming on means the destroyer was within target range. With thrusters igniting one after the other, they headed for the destroyer carrying their active mini nukes intending to get close to the ship where their magnetic clamps will attach them to the ship’s hall then explode two seconds after contact.

The HS-Marker responded again with another salvo of batteries fire, the cannons firing energy bolts targeted at the advancing drone-mines. Some of the fire hit the targets and the drones blew into pieces in fiery explosions. Others were able to dodge the bolts with limited maneuvering ability wired into their limited programing. Still they headed unerringly towards their target.

Energy shield quickly came up all around the destroyer scant seconds before impact. The drones exploded as they hit the protective energy shield surrounding the destroyer. Huge fire ball flashed around the sports the drones came in contact with the shield. The mini nukes within them were of the low fusion yield in the kiloton range. Still they were devastating in their results .

Yet the defensive shield of the ship held as tens then hundreds of drone-mines exploded on it lighting the whole long frame of the ship. But as the massive explosions continued, getting to hundreds and a thousand, the strength of the shield started to fail and soon winked out. The few remaining drones struck the heavily armored frame of the ship, blowing up layers of the armored plantings.

After about a minute of the constant bombardment, all the drones were spent but they had achieved part of their purpose. Though the destroyer was not destroyed, still extensive damage was done to it. Its fusion drivers were damaged and none operative that means it can’t move until they are repaired. Most of the outer armored covering were torn away. Huge porch marks on the outer frames showed how deep the damages were. Though there was no hull breach on the ship, still it was shaken enough that there were lots of people in the ship that got injured and a few deaths. Though a standard destroyer can carry between one thousand five hundred to three thousand people, the number of the wounded were less than three hundred, the dead were not up to that fortunately .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
I'm still imaging the kind of Bombardment that was done to the shipe
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Though most of the sensor dishes on the ship’s surface were destroyed, its long and short range radar equipment was still on. The naval personnel monitoring the radar screen, thankfully was unharmed. Most of the people within the bridge were unharmed as that is most armored area of the destroyer.

He was watching the screen when tiny blips of light started winking on. With a little reading, it was shown that some things were coming at the damaged immobile destroyer from the Omiron 09 asteroid. Visual on the approaching objects couldn’t be gotten as the scanner for that was destroyed, still it was clear that what were coming are hostile, after all they are coming from the target. The little readings from the radar showed the objects are small attack boats coming to finish off what the drone-mines started.

Fortunately the bay doors of the destroyer are still functional and nest within the bowel of the ship are also few armored Javelin attack boats. With swiftness borne out of desperation, the pilots for the attack boat were called, they took their places and the Javelins were deployed from the HS-Marker to counter the attacking boats.

The Javelins launched to attack speed few seconds after leaving the destroyer. They quickly took tactical readings of the attacking crafts. It became obvious that most of the attack boats were drones, others decoys, just few of them had human pilots within them. That wasn’t a surprise because no way could the mega corporations on Nuterra have come up with enough pilots to fly hundreds of attack boats this far away from any thriving colony.

With this insight, the pilots of the Javelins were confident of their success in the upcoming dog fights though their numbers was lesser than their attackers at a rate of four to one. Well the first results from the fight showed that the confidence of the Javelins pilots may be premature as three of them got blown up in the first seconds when they came in contact with the attack boats. What happened was that the decoy attack boats simply exploded as they got in range of the Javelins and the closest to them were caught in the fireball and shrapnel from the explosion.

Just because they are decoys doesn’t mean they are not dangerous. With rage taking over the initial surprise and shock, the captain of the Javelins quickly gave reverse orders having studied the tactical readings from the few moments into the engagement. His new engagement orders were for his Javelin fighters to shoot at the decoys from extreme range. Then for the pilots of the Javelins not to engage in dog fights with those attack boats that are drones.

The drones have been program to shoot their missiles at the Javelins when they get in range. The Javelins are to just avoid the drone attack boats and bring them down with lazer cannon fire. They should reserve their heat seeking and smart missiles for the attack boats with human pilots. Though within the time before the orders came, more Javelins have fallen to the deceptive tactics of the decoy and drone attack boats.

But with the new strategies, the Javelins started having the upper hands and the tide of the battle shifted slightly in their favor. Soon most of the decoy and drone attack boats were destroyed leaving the human piloted ones to face the attacks of the Javelins.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.