Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management (30397 Views)

Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / The Illegality Of NANS And Why They Don't Speak For Nigerian Students / Meet Dr. Timothy Aneke Who Ordered The Shaving Of Covenant University Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by uzolexis(f): 10:53pm On May 03, 2017
Imstrong:
cu is the educational arm of the ministry indirectly an extension of the ministry,the same law applies, they set their rules as they deemed fit in line with their vision how can you subject a private institution to public laws? Have you gone through their rules and regulations and their core values? These are the requirements the students are all aware of and penalties applicable upon violation, do you know cu rank above most federal universities? What's the difference.. Standard, they can't compromise on it. The rules governing private institutions are a bit extreme compared to public institutions that's why it's private and faith based at that

Every institution in Nigeria is 1st and foremost subject to the law of the land before it's own private law. If CU says it will behead students for not attending church programmes is that ok too because right to life is a fundamental human right which has been violated in that case, same way right to religious freedom has been violated.

1 Like

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by abouqi(f): 10:54pm On May 03, 2017
[quote author=maasoap post=56181470]
See argument! See thought process! See reasoning of a boy who is supposed to be educated! [/quote

Your own reasoning showed you are less educated bro!
Were they forced to go to CU?
Are there no universities they can attend apart from CU?
There are other alternative universities that they could have gone to that won't even bother whether they attend church services or not now, abeg!
Pls think well!!!
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

Too dull to spot a clear case of auto correct wen u c one, my nephew would spot one at first glance,.c my point
oops quiet already? i bet i hit a nerve without even coming down to ur level of using words like dull, stupid or silly.
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Afrokan(m): 10:55pm On May 03, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
even in your home your dad make laws. If you're not comfortable with the laws you leave the house.
In developed countries where humans live and not zoo Animals, your parents can be arrested for maltreating you.

2 Likes

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by abouqi(f): 10:57pm On May 03, 2017
uzolexis:

it's not about being lenient. They are wrong simple, they have no right to do what they did. The students should sue and they will win. I have a lawyer friend that is willing to take the case pro-bono cos it's a very straight forward case, the school violated their constitutional right. We should not allow lawlessness like this slide.

They have the right bro!
Ask them to check students' handbook, ask if they closed their eyes while signing at their resumption in CU?
Straight forward case? Barrister, don't waste your time n energy on a useless case

2 Likes

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by vislabraye(m): 10:58pm On May 03, 2017
maasoap:

Impunity thrives in our society because of people like you. What if students are sick during those four days? Were they given fair hearing? No.
They are not permitted to be sick. Sickness is illegal.
Sometimes I wonder why people just support anything. I'm a Christian too but somethings done by the institution are wrong. There should be fair hearing. It doesn’t matter whether I agreed to their terms and conditions.
Can't someone take a break angry
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

Npower property why am i not surprised. lool m sure u must have been bragging to ur students how much of a geek u were in school but too bad ended up being a teacher on a 30k payroll. first get a better job before u come here talking to me bout ur nephew in primary school

Hahahaha......u amaze me with ur stupidity each time I c ur mention, i can c it increases with each mention. I am proud with what I do and I give my best to it. 30k with my other sources of income, houses me, feeds me, and takes care my masters school fees in Unilag (part time). So u can continue with ur unending stupidity or crawl back into the shit hole u came from. Either way, u remain stupid for life. my nephew can comprehend better than u,deal with it!!!! my job allows me c that very clearly.
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by abouqi(f): 11:00pm On May 03, 2017
Withambition:
Haba! I can't believe you're the one saying this. Maybe you should read Section 1 of the Nigerian Constitution very well to understand the illegality of the school regulation.

Illegality
A university that has been in existence for how many years?
Nigerian constitution to a school's rules n regulations that were used to set it up?
These boys are everywhere God!
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Akainzo(m): 11:00pm On May 03, 2017
uzolexis:

it's not the same thing, pls check the constitution and know what fundamental human rights are, right to religious freedom, right to life, association etc. Your boss is not violating any law by suspending you for not coming to a meeting. How don't you get this

Thus the question is, which of the Fundamental Rights is being violated:

Religious freedom: The students had declared themselves to be Christians ab initio and are not being forced to adopt a new religion or being forced to practice a religion they do not profess.

Right to Life: No comment.

Right to association: Not an issue but if you couch this incident as their freedom not to associate with others at Easter, then I'd ask agin, would being suspended at work for not attending a meeting be a violation of the freedom of association?

Freedom to Shelter: No issues.

Freedom to aspire: No issues too, Unilag dey.

So WHICH of the fundamental human rights is being violated?

2 Likes

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

Hahahaha......u amaze me with ur stupidity each time I c ur mention, i can c it increases with each mention. I am proud with what I do and I give my best to it. 30k with my other sources of income, houses me, feeds me, and takes care my masters school fees in Unilag (part time). So u can continue with ur unending stupidity or crawl back into the shit hole u came from. Either way, u remain stupid for life. my nephew can comprehend better than u,deal with it!!!! my job allows me c that very clearly.
lmao, so u got a masters yea? like no one else in the world got a masters? is that what u brag wifh? what a shame, please come up with something new.
u seem proficient with ur use of insults, i bet that's what u call intelligence smh
m sure u have no manners wherever u came from, ur parents obviously never taught u how to talk to people politely.
oh come on is ur nephew the only educated person in ur life? hian ur brothers, sisters and parents didnt go to school? come on.
u keep mentioning ur nephew in most of the mentions, its most likely u are living with ur elder sister or brother since thers no one else to take care of u.
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by abouqi(f): 11:04pm On May 03, 2017
Imstrong:
cu is the educational arm of the ministry indirectly an extension of the ministry,the same law applies, they set their rules as they deemed fit in line with their vision how can you subject a private institution to public laws? Have you gone through their rules and regulations and their core values? These are the requirements the students are all aware of and penalties applicable upon violation, do you know cu rank above most federal universities? What's the difference.. Standard, they can't compromise on it. The rules governing private institutions are a bit extreme compared to public institutions that's why it's private and faith based at that

Please tell them!
Don't be surprised that some of the 200 students are on this platform indirectly soliciting for support.
Well, it won't work!
Standard!
Thanks for your thought

2 Likes

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:05pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

oops quiet already? i bet i hit a nerve without even coming down to ur level of using words like dull, stupid or silly.

Did I just c a "?" in ur sentence, damn! at this level, u dnt know the proper quotations marks to use in a sentence..... Man ur case is irredeemable.the only thing u hit, is clearly stupid self
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

Did I just c a "?" in ur sentence, damn! at this level, u dnt know the proper quotations marks to use in a sentence..... Man ur case is irredeemable.the only thing u hit, is clearly stupid self
lmao tell me something new mr man. u are the stupid one because i asked a question and i used the right quotation mark which was a question mark, u get it dummy. ode u should have even told me to use exclamation mark instead. keep deceiving ursef, you are clearly the stupid one here. im clearly driving u crazy hence ur continuous repitition of the word "stupid"
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by bezimo(m): 11:08pm On May 03, 2017
It depends on how you see it.I hope the Management of the school reconsider their stand however one must understand that CU is not like a conventional university, it's a faith based institution with a vision to instill discipline in her students among other things.

I understand students sign an undertaken to adhere to all rules, regulations and instructions as determined by the school when they are admitted to the CU.
So why would a student sign an undertaken to adhere to school rules and flagrantly disobey it...there will be problems and repercussions.
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Afrokan(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2017
abouqi:

They have the right bro!
Ask them to check students' handbook, ask if they closed their eyes while signing at their resumption in CU?
Straight forward case? Barrister, don't waste your time n energy on a useless case
Do they have the right to behead the students for not attending mass because it's in their handbook?
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

lmao, so u got a masters yea? like no one else in the world got a masters? is that what u brag wifh? what a shame, please come up with something new.
u seem proficient with ur use of insults, i bet that's what u call intelligence smh
m sure u have no manners wherever u came from, ur parents obviously never taught u how to talk to people politely.
oh come on is ur nephew the only educated person in ur life? hian ur brothers, sisters and parents didnt go to school? come on

Back to what i pointed out.Point out where i stated i have a masters, I said "paying".Comprehension is difficult i understand, like I said my nephew n primary two does a better job than u
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:12pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

lmao tell me something new mr man. u are the stupid one because i asked a question and i used the right quotation mark which was a question mark, u get it dummy. ode u should have even told me to use exclamation mark instead. keep deceiving ursef, you are clearly the stupid one here. im clearly driving u crazy hence ur continuous repitition of the word "stupid"

the continuous repitition points out to u how foolish u r, ur stupid on too many levels, that was not question boi.......u need to know so u can work on it
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

Back to what i pointed out.Point out where i stated i have a masters, I said "paying".Comprehension is difficult i understand, like I said my nephew n primary two does a better job than u
oh do answer my question about why theres no educated person in ur family appart from ur nephew. i got no business with ur part time masters study
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:15pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

the continuous repitition points out to u how foolish u r, ur stupid on too many levels, that was not question boi.......u need to know so u can work on it...#stalkeralert!!!!!
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

the continuous repitition points out to u how foolish u r, ur stupid on too many levels, that was not question boi.......u need to know so u can work on it
lmao do u actually think calling me stupid and foolish means anything to me? or that it would get to me? guy u gotta try harder than that man
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

the continuous repitition points out to u how foolish u r, ur stupid on too many levels, that was not question boi.......u need to know so u can work on it...#stalkeralert!!!!!
aww come on are u scared of my being relentless in mentioning u? have u forgotten so soon that u were the one that first mentioned me?
dude by the way if u had any reasonable source of income, you wont be struggling with a 30k job. i have met people like u on nairaland before, they are always so quick to use insultive words, abuse others and act like they are in a right place but in reality theres something they are suffering from. real challenges people like you face is what has turned you into a beast over here from poverty, anger over ur pesent stage in life and general frustration
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:17pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

oh do answer my question about why theres no educated person in ur family appart from ur nephew. i got no business with ur part time masters study

Why should u? , when u cannot comprehend simple written english
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

i have met people like u on nairaland before, they are always so quick to use insultive words, abuse others and act like they are in a right place but in reality theres something they are sufferingfrom. real challenges people like you face is what has turned you into a beast over here from poverty, anger over ur pesent stage in life and general frustration
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

aww come on are u scared of my being relentless in mentioning u? have u forgotten so soon that u were the one that first mentioned me?

Now listen boi!!!!!.......I need not cyberstalk u to see ur stupidity, its very glaring, even a blind man can c that from miles away. I have better things to do than continuing this waste of time with a depressed nitwit that u have proven to be. Wish u were a better match for me, wen u c my moniker, flee!!!!!!.........#bastard!!!!!
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

ever since i joined nairaland u angry frustrated souls arent hard to spot. so lets give it up for the Npower english teacher that earns 30k but feels like he owns the world. i would rather watch tv at home than brag about with ur kind of 30k minimum wage income
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

Now listen boi!!!!!.......I need not cyberstalk u to see ur stupidity, its very glaring, even a blind man can c that from miles away. I have better things to do than continuing this waste of time with a depressed nitwit that u have proven to be. Wish u were a better match for me, wen u c my moniker, flee!!!!!!.........#bastard!!!!!
lmao so u are calling me bastard? u are obviously showing signs of an angry frustrated and depressed soul. m nt depressed because m nt using insultive words, i dont sound angry, but rather am cheerful and laughing at how much uve exposed ur predicament to the public on nairaland
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

frustrated man, i will drive u crazy tonight, sebi u say u sabi insult wella, bring it on. i will profile u tonight and split ur already twisted mind in half
m here quoting u come and beat me loser. 30k pauper
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by saintmark88(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

frustrated man, i will drive u crazy tonight, sebi u say u sabi insult wella, bring it on. i will profile u tonight and split ur already twisted mind in half
m here quoting u come and beat me loser. 30k pauper

My earnings in a month is worth more than the combined salary of ur father and mother.nah wen i don go this mumu wan dey beat chest, ode!!!!.....#walksoutofquotemajestically#startedwithuamdonewithu
Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

young boi u are just a child, like seriously i have never seen a grown up man engage in banters with the use of childish words like stupid, bastard etc. guy u are a kid, u are immature. yea u know english yet ur salary is next to nothing and u think youve achieved something meaningful?

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

My earnings in a month is worth more than the combined salary of ur father and mother.nah wen i don go this mumu wan dey beat chest, ode!!!!.....#walksoutofquotemajestically#startedwithuamdonewithu
lmao i said it hehehe, u are already running mad. u are already talking to urself in ur head. u tink u got so much money yet u are an english teacher in some primary school loool. nigga shame on u pauper.
u dont have anything yet u are talking about my parents worth? do u have parents atall? i dont think u av one and even if u did u obviously av no respect for them for u to draw up another person's parent in a silly way.
just shut up already poor man, we know u have nothing, u are just trying to boost ur ego with the facade u putting up. u are hiding behind low self esteem with the use of childish words.
from ur posts its clear that u are a poor man ontop 30k shior

1 Like

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 03, 2017
saintmark88:

baba u are making noise, you know what they say, an empty barrel makes the loudest noise. u have nothing, if u had money you wont be a primary school teacher.
*drops mic*

1 Like

Re: The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 03, 2017
smiley
abouqi:

Please tell them!
Don't be surprised that some of the 200 students are on this platform indirectly soliciting for support.
Well, it won't work!
Standard!
Thanks for your thought
Muchos Gracias Amigo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper / Lecturers/Students Sharing Rooms At Maritime University Over Accommodation Issue / Don Davis: Deeper Life School Principal, Others Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.