Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252302 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
dabexy:
Greetings house,

I am new here. I know this might be a bit inconveniencing and probably making u repeat what u might have probably said before.

Please, I am currently working as an Engineer in a firm in Nigeria. I have saved up a little amount and I need to further my education in Engr Mgt. at Melbourne; First degree Mechanical Engr with a second class upper division.

Please, I kindly need ur advice on what to do or how to go about it.
I know little or nowhere to start from.

Thanks n God bless
I think you should first chk out d possibly of getting PR, before deciding to further your education. This is the PR thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/299
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2017
Fishlink:

Many July resume here in house! When did u apply for visa and have u heard anything so far?

Will be headin to the embassy NXT wk by God's grc.

Have u heard from the embassy?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2017
Loverquin:

Will be headin to the embassy NXT wk by God's grc.

Have u heard from the embassy?

Haven't heard nothing just yet too! How do u mean? Heading to embassy? You going to Pretoria SA?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 8:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Fishlink:

Haven't heard nothing just yet too! How do u mean? Heading to embassy? You going to Pretoria SA?

Naa, submitting my application NXT wk
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 8:36am On Jun 06, 2017
Fishlink:

how did you pay for your visa fee
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omoyemela: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2017
lakola:

If you have experience, the best advice would be for you to go via PR ( permanent residency). When you arrive you can decide on what best to do over there or probably work.
NB: if your main aim is to stay back after schooling

I have read the Pr thread and I discovered that post pple there are either engineers or in the medical Field. My husband has banking experience while I have administrative experience.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2017
omoyemela:

I have read the Pr thread and I discovered that post pple there are either engineers or in the medical Field. My husband has banking experience while I have administrative experience.

Check page 0, there is a link for fields that could apply for Pr. It is not limited to just engineering and medical fields, ask questions I'm sure the gurus there will put you through
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 10:08am On Jun 06, 2017
diego2015:
how did you pay for your visa fee

Oh ok... please submit ur application fast o as you are to resume July as well. I paid for my visa fee with credit card by a friend in Australia as paying from Naija incurred much loss to payee
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 10:11am On Jun 06, 2017
Any grants this week? By his grace we shall all testify on this platform soonest

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:51am On Jun 06, 2017
chimezila:
Please does any one know how much is tuition fee for ACAP University annually. Course is social work (masters). Pls help
Search this University using Google visit the website and download the student guide which will include the fees guide
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2017

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
weldonextreme:
CASE 3
The applicant’s claims

The applicant applied for a Student (Temporary) (class TU) Student (subclass 500) visa.
Information and evidence considered
I am a delegated decision maker under section 65 of the Migration Act 1958. In reaching my
decision, I have considered the following:
● relevant legislation contained in the Migration Act and Migration Regulations 1994
● information contained in the Department's Procedures Advice Manual 3
● documents and information provide by the applicant(s)

Findings
On the basis of all the information available to me, including the documents and information
the applicant provided, I find that the criteria for the grant of a Student visa are not met by the
applicant.

Reasons
I have assessed the application and the reasons for my decision are detailed below.
An application for a Student visa has been made by the applicant.
A visa cannot be granted unless the relevant criteria specified in the Migration Act and the
Migration Regulations are satisfied.
In this case, I am not satisfied that clause 500.212 in Schedule 2 of the Migration
Regulations is satisfied. This clause provides that:
The applicant is a genuine applicant for entry and stay as a student because:
(a) the applicant intends genuinely to stay in Australia temporarily, having regard to:
(i) the applicant’s circumstances; and
(ii) the applicant’s immigration history; and
(iii) if the applicant is a minor—the intentions of a parent, legal guardian or spouse of the
applicant; and
(iv) any other relevant matter; and
(b) the applicant intends to comply with any conditions subject to which the visa is granted, having
regard to:
(i) the applicant’s record of compliance with any condition of a visa previously held by the
applicant (if any); and
(ii) the applicant’s stated intention to comply with any conditions to which the visa may be
subject; and
(iii) of any other relevant matter.

In summary, these factors include:
● the applicant’s circumstances in their home country, including the applicant’s economic
situation, political and civil unrest in the applicant’s home country, the extent of the
applicant’s personal ties to their home country, whether the applicant has sound
reasons for not studying in their home country if a similar course is available, and
military service commitments that would present as a significant incentive for the
applicant not to return to their home country

● the applicant’s potential circumstances in Australia, including the extent of the
applicant’s ties with Australia that present as a strong incentive to remain in Australia,
evidence that the student visa program may be used to circumvent the intention of
the migration program, whether the Student visa or the Student Guardian is being
used to maintain ongoing residence, the applicant’s knowledge of living in Australia,
and whether the primary and secondary applicants have entered into a relationship of
concern

● the value of the course to the applicant’s future, including the course’s consistency with
the applicant’s current education level, whether the course will assist the applicant to
gain employment in their home country, relevance of the course to the applicant’s past
or future employment in their home country or a third country, and remuneration and
career prospects in the applicant’s home country or a third country to be gained from the
course

● the applicant's immigration history, including visa and travel history for Australia and
other countries, previous visa applications for Australia or other countries, and previous
travels to Australia or other countries

● if the applicant is a minor, the intentions of a parent, legal guardian or spouse of the
applicant

Any other matter relevant to the applicant’s intention to stay in Australia temporarily must
also be considered. These factors have been weighed up to make an overall decision.

In considering whether the applicant met the genuine temporary entry criterion I had regard
to the following factors, consistent with clause 500.212 and Ministerial Direction No 69. The
factors were used to weigh up the applicant's circumstances as a whole, in reaching a finding
about whether they satisfy the genuine temporary entrant criterion.

You have lodged a Subclass 500 student visa application on 29/07/2016 to pursue
Advanced English for Academic Study (EAP) (Upper Intermediate to Advanced) from
Canterbury Language Academy followed by Master of Informaiton Systems (MISP) from
University of Southern Queensland.

In making my assessment, I have considered your previous academics, English proficiency
skills, circumstances in your home country including your economic circumstances,
community and family ties, your potential circumstances in Australia, the value of the
proposed course to your future and other information provided in your application.

From the evidences provided at file related to your academics, I note that your overall
educational attainment is of a level that demonstrates limited academic proficiency. You have
provided evidence of an English Language Test that shows limited English language ability.
Given your academic history and limited English language ability, I am not satisfied that your
intended course will improve your employment prospects in India or a third country to a level
that is comparable to the cost involved in your proposed course and living costs in Australia.

Based on the information provided in your visa application, you have demonstrated limited
independent research on the chosen provider and demonstrated no research on alternate
education options available to you in your home country, overseas and in Australia. I
note that you have not provided any substantial details regarding the research you have
conducted about availability of this course with different providers in Australia apart from
your current chosen provider. I also note that you have not been able to demonstrate clarity
regarding your future plans and how the proposed course will substantially improve your
professional future. Considering your age, the costs of undertaking studies overseas and
circumstances in your home country, it is reasonable to expect a genuine student to provide
extensive information about the research into education options available to you in Australia,
future career plans and the potential opportunities available upon the completion of the
course. I further note that in the application, you have not provided any substantial reasons
for not undertaking a similar course that is widely available in your home country.

While you have personal ties in your home country, I find that these ties do not, of
themselves, constitute a strong incentive to return home when considered against your
economic circumstances and employment prospects in your home country.

As you have no known immigration history, this factor has not received weighting during the
course of this assessment.

In consideration of all the above factors and based on the evidence provided in the your
application, on balance, I am not satisfied that you are a genuine temporary entrant.

Conclusion
After weighing up these factors as a whole, I am not satisfied that the applicant intends
genuinely to stay temporarily in Australia.

Decision
As clause 500.212 is not met by the applicant, I find the criteria for the grant of Student visa
are not met by the applicant. Therefore, I refuse the application by the applicant for Student
visa.
This is for married pple mostly
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2017

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by claryk: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
@jewelstone[b][/b]...I will like you to be of help to me cos I will be arriving Australia Sydney on 27th June one month to school resumption.... I am interested in your car which type is it and again can you help as regards accommodation what I mean in this aspect is to help me search for accommodation so I can pay on arrival....my email address is Kunleemmanuel@rocketmail.com..so we can contact from there..will be glad to hear from you soon.....anyone in Australia also willing to help will be appreciated...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
weldonextreme:
CASE 3
The applicant’s claims

The applicant applied for a Student (Temporary) (class TU) Student (subclass 500) visa.
Information and evidence considered
I am a delegated decision maker under section 65 of the Migration Act 1958. In reaching my
decision, I have considered the following:
● relevant legislation contained in the Migration Act and Migration Regulations 1994
● information contained in the Department's Procedures Advice Manual 3
● documents and information provide by the applicant(s)

Findings
On the basis of all the information available to me, including the documents and information
the applicant provided, I find that the criteria for the grant of a Student visa are not met by the
applicant.

Reasons
I have assessed the application and the reasons for my decision are detailed below.
An application for a Student visa has been made by the applicant.
A visa cannot be granted unless the relevant criteria specified in the Migration Act and the
Migration Regulations are satisfied.
In this case, I am not satisfied that clause 500.212 in Schedule 2 of the Migration
Regulations is satisfied. This clause provides that:
The applicant is a genuine applicant for entry and stay as a student because:
(a) the applicant intends genuinely to stay in Australia temporarily, having regard to:
(i) the applicant’s circumstances; and
(ii) the applicant’s immigration history; and
(iii) if the applicant is a minor—the intentions of a parent, legal guardian or spouse of the
applicant; and
(iv) any other relevant matter; and
(b) the applicant intends to comply with any conditions subject to which the visa is granted, having
regard to:
(i) the applicant’s record of compliance with any condition of a visa previously held by the
applicant (if any); and
(ii) the applicant’s stated intention to comply with any conditions to which the visa may be
subject; and
(iii) of any other relevant matter.

In summary, these factors include:
● the applicant’s circumstances in their home country, including the applicant’s economic
situation, political and civil unrest in the applicant’s home country, the extent of the
applicant’s personal ties to their home country, whether the applicant has sound
reasons for not studying in their home country if a similar course is available, and
military service commitments that would present as a significant incentive for the
applicant not to return to their home country

● the applicant’s potential circumstances in Australia, including the extent of the
applicant’s ties with Australia that present as a strong incentive to remain in Australia,
evidence that the student visa program may be used to circumvent the intention of
the migration program, whether the Student visa or the Student Guardian is being
used to maintain ongoing residence, the applicant’s knowledge of living in Australia,
and whether the primary and secondary applicants have entered into a relationship of
concern

● the value of the course to the applicant’s future, including the course’s consistency with
the applicant’s current education level, whether the course will assist the applicant to
gain employment in their home country, relevance of the course to the applicant’s past
or future employment in their home country or a third country, and remuneration and
career prospects in the applicant’s home country or a third country to be gained from the
course

● the applicant's immigration history, including visa and travel history for Australia and
other countries, previous visa applications for Australia or other countries, and previous
travels to Australia or other countries

● if the applicant is a minor, the intentions of a parent, legal guardian or spouse of the
applicant

Any other matter relevant to the applicant’s intention to stay in Australia temporarily must
also be considered. These factors have been weighed up to make an overall decision.

In considering whether the applicant met the genuine temporary entry criterion I had regard
to the following factors, consistent with clause 500.212 and Ministerial Direction No 69. The
factors were used to weigh up the applicant's circumstances as a whole, in reaching a finding
about whether they satisfy the genuine temporary entrant criterion.

You have lodged a Subclass 500 student visa application on 29/07/2016 to pursue
Advanced English for Academic Study (EAP) (Upper Intermediate to Advanced) from
Canterbury Language Academy followed by Master of Informaiton Systems (MISP) from
University of Southern Queensland.

In making my assessment, I have considered your previous academics, English proficiency
skills, circumstances in your home country including your economic circumstances,
community and family ties, your potential circumstances in Australia, the value of the
proposed course to your future and other information provided in your application.

From the evidences provided at file related to your academics, I note that your overall
educational attainment is of a level that demonstrates limited academic proficiency. You have
provided evidence of an English Language Test that shows limited English language ability.
Given your academic history and limited English language ability, I am not satisfied that your
intended course will improve your employment prospects in India or a third country to a level
that is comparable to the cost involved in your proposed course and living costs in Australia.

Based on the information provided in your visa application, you have demonstrated limited
independent research on the chosen provider and demonstrated no research on alternate
education options available to you in your home country, overseas and in Australia. I
note that you have not provided any substantial details regarding the research you have
conducted about availability of this course with different providers in Australia apart from
your current chosen provider. I also note that you have not been able to demonstrate clarity
regarding your future plans and how the proposed course will substantially improve your
professional future. Considering your age, the costs of undertaking studies overseas and
circumstances in your home country, it is reasonable to expect a genuine student to provide
extensive information about the research into education options available to you in Australia,
future career plans and the potential opportunities available upon the completion of the
course. I further note that in the application, you have not provided any substantial reasons
for not undertaking a similar course that is widely available in your home country.

While you have personal ties in your home country, I find that these ties do not, of
themselves, constitute a strong incentive to return home when considered against your
economic circumstances and employment prospects in your home country.

As you have no known immigration history, this factor has not received weighting during the
course of this assessment.

In consideration of all the above factors and based on the evidence provided in the your
application, on balance, I am not satisfied that you are a genuine temporary entrant.

Conclusion
After weighing up these factors as a whole, I am not satisfied that the applicant intends
genuinely to stay temporarily in Australia.

Decision
As clause 500.212 is not met by the applicant, I find the criteria for the grant of Student visa
are not met by the applicant. Therefore, I refuse the application by the applicant for Student
visa.
Is this for students or married pple?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Udopasa: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Do RMIT ask for statement of account? Please who applied and got admitted there?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboyi247(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Udopasa:
Do RMIT ask for statement of account? Please who applied and got admitted there?

they didnt ask me when i applied though it was through an agent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Udopasa: 5:07am On Jun 07, 2017
boboyi247:

they didnt ask me when i applied though it was through an agent
Please, which course and what was/is the initial tuition fee deposit u paid?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=Haliru001 post=57003758][/quote]what course are you going for and did the embassy requested for SOA?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2017
Good Day all,

I'm new here, Plese I want ask if there are Australian Universities that waives English requirements for Nigerian graduates ie they don't require Ielts of Toefl.

I intend applying for Jan intake.

I did ELECT ELECT, 4.06 CGPA, 4.14 LAST 2yrs, 1+yr work experience.

Please gurus in d house should kindly assist. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2017
JoeDuch:
on May 8th, i applied for streamline student visa for RMIT with the intention to bypass provision of statement of account but to my greatest surprise yesterday DIBP sent me an email requesting for SOA balance of AUD60,000 and also letter why i was denied canada visa which i honestly indicated when i lodged my application........so ssvp is no longer easy as before
why 60uad? Did u indicate that you will sponsor yourself on your application form?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoeDuch: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2017
that was the feedback i got from the case officer , so i dont know the pros and cons rather than provide the 15m from my sponsor
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2017
JoeDuch:
that was the feedback i got from the case officer , so i dont know the pros and cons rather than provide the 15m from my sponsor

Haven't u sent the SOA response to your case officer all this while he requested for it? Please do asap bro! 15 million SOA sounds good and not the amount in the account matters but the income flow in the account. Get it done bro and you will testify soonest. Again please is it mandatory that every applicant is being contacted by his/her case officer before visa can be granted?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2017
vikmeek:
Good Day all,

I'm new here, Plese I want ask if there are Australian Universities that waives English requirements for Nigerian graduates ie they don't require Ielts of Toefl.

I intend applying for Jan intake.

I did ELECT ELECT, 4.06 CGPA, 4.14 LAST 2yrs, 1+yr work experience.

Please gurus in d house should kindly assist. Thank you
there are many of them, RMIT, UTS, UNSW, MACQUARIE etc

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2017
diego2015:
what course are you going for and did the embassy requested for SOA?
I still haven't bin contacted by my case officer, so as for now nobody has asked me to present my soa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoeDuch: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2017
when did u apply ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2017
JoeDuch:
when did u apply ?
did you pay complete school fees including oshc and applied with a coe and they still asked u for soa of 15m?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoeDuch: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2017
Fishlink:

Haven't u sent the SOA response to your case officer all this while he requested for it? Please do asap bro! 15 million SOA sounds good and not the amount in the account matters but the income flow in the account. Get it done bro and you will testify soonest. Again please is it mandatory that every applicant is being contacted by his/her case officer before visa can be granted?

i have done that one week ago, i think DIBP is really taking der time now unlike before. though waiting patiently...............

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2017
JoeDuch:
when did u apply ?
19th May
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoeDuch: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2017
tobe4real:
did you pay complete school fees including oshc and applied with a coe and they still asked u for soa of 15m?

i made a deposit of AUD8350 in RMIT b4 getting my COE. but DIBP instructed me to deposit AUD60,000 in my bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.