Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1254582 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shayeedee: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Please someone should respond to meπŸ™
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 080mamaayi: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
Please can you help me with a copy of your GTE?
I intend to go for MSW though my first degree was Education Biology.
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread one way or the other on this thread. It has helped immensely.
My time line:
Submitted application-31st July 2019
Conditional offer- 15th July 2019
CoE- 24th November 2019
Biometrics- 27th December 2019
Submitted Visa Application- 25th January 2020
IELTS Score- 7.0 (I had a minimum band score of 7.0 so my average was 7.0). I got a waiver from the school so I didn't need IELTS for school admission. My agent advised I write one for visa so I did.
School- Flinders University
Sponsor's account: My maternal uncle. Submitted 2 bank statements. One had 18m and the other was a fixed deposit account that matures every 30days. It had 13m.
Course- Social work (masters)
BSc- Microbiology

Submitted my credentials, letter from sponsor, proof of relationship to sponsor (uncle & Mum's NPC) and sponsor's account statement. I didn't submit payslips or my account statement sha.
Challenges faced: I already had an MSc in Microbiology so applying for a second masters was what I had to prove. Plus, with Social Work being a high risk course I had to write a convincing SOP. (I can share that with anyone interested cos mehn this took me like a month to write). My work experience was also a bonus cos I work as a care assistant.
Sometime in December the bank statement I used for the school admission could no longer be used cos he had to move the funds to another bank for investment reasons. He had to submit another letter to this effect. He also had to back it up with the fixed deposit account.
School resumes on Monday so if anyone could help with flight and accommodation links, I'd be most grateful.

Thank God!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hi guys,

I have a family and will like to migrate to Australia via a student visa. I contacted an agent and she told me that my wife will apply as married but go alone. Then I will go and meet her later maybe after 6 months.

However, I wish our daughter and I go together with my wife. Is this not possible with a student Visa?

The agent said trying to go together will make approving our Visa difficult. She said if she gives the impression of going alone and coming back to reunite with her family after studying, she has a higher chance of getting our Visa approved.

My target is next year February (so as to prepare financially and have enough time to get the necessary documents)

Please, I need advice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ChikeGreat: 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
chibulati:

Expert education is telling me that it must be registered

Maybe. Maybe not.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by val56: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
Blessedberry:
Hi everyone, please for those that have gotten their Visa, how long did it take and secondly my status has been on initial assessment for over a month now and I'm getting really worried. Please how long does it take to change from initial assessment to further assessment? Or is it possible to get a decision right from the initial assessment? Please kindly share your experiences on this, thanks.
Well I got mine within a month good luck
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by val56: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Congrats to me...
I have recieved that golden email, Visa Grant
Grateful to God and my guys here who has been helpful so far.
Application lodged on 17th Jan
Biometric on 21st
Medicals on 23rd
Visa grant on 16 Feb

11 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hi gurus,

I have a family and will like to migrate to Australia via a student visa. I contacted an agent and she told me that my wife will apply as married but go alone. Then I will go and meet her later maybe after 6 months.

However, I wish our daughter and I go together with my wife. Is this not possible with a student Visa?

The agent said trying to go together will make approving our Visa difficult. She said if she gives the impression of going alone and coming back to reunite with her family after studying, she has a higher chance of getting our Visa approved.

My target is next year February (so as to prepare financially and have enough time to get the necessary documents)

Please, I need advice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Congrats

val56:
Congrats to me...
Biometric on 21st
Medicals on 23rd
Visa grant on 16 Feb

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gracespeakss: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Congratulations πŸ‘πŸ‘

val56:
Congrats to me...
Biometric on 21st
Medicals on 23rd
Visa grant on 16 Feb

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
What the agent said is true. Notwithstanding, if you can write a convincing GTE, you might be able to scale that hurdle

henrymor:
Hi guys,

Please, I need advice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2023
henrymor:
Hi gurus,

Please, I need advice.
Please if you can go with your agent's advice. It's easier that way. You wouldn't want to invest so much and get a denial. Let one person go first, then others can join you later. From other people's experience on this thread, it's not too difficult for other family members to join if you get everything correctly.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hello all,
Please what's the current AUD rate black market, my agent is trying to pay my school fees and he charged 565 naira per Aud. Is it a good price? I can't go through form A and I don't know anyone that will help me and pay over there.

I will appreciate a response
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2023
val56:
Congrats to me...
Biometric on 21st
Medicals on 23rd
Visa grant on 16 Feb

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hello Guys,
I applied for masters visa on January 17th and up till now i havent heard anything.
I am a little bit worried because my start date has passed and also i didnt lodge my visa from
Nigeria.
Please what do i do?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ctemi(f): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hello Gurus in the house, I have a question as regard using agent, is it mandatory someone used agent from his/her country (Nigeria) since my brother reside in Ibadan Nigeria? I will appreciate if anybody can recommend a good agent for us.
Thank you guys.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Flames000(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2023
Please I have gotten offers from both Western Sydney University and Griffith University same courses (M.Sc Architecture)
Note that both fees are same.
Which is more advisable to go with?

I bear in mind I have a sibling around Griffith
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Usefulsense: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2023
henrymor:
Hi gurus,

Please, I need advice.

This is exactly what my family did.
Wify left 23/12/2021 for AU.

Though, I am still in Nigeria with my 2 lovely children aged 11 and 8; our visa grant came out positive in last month.
I have already booked flight for December 2, 2023.
I want to get some things sorted out before departure.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2023
Wow! Thank you for your input sir. Did you just decide to wait this long or your visa was not processed in time.

Waiting as long as you is something I don't wish for. Our daughter is just 4 months old. It means she will be 1 year and 3 months when her mother leaves (targeting Feb 2024).

I hope the sacrifice is going to worth it?

Usefulsense:

This is exactly what my family did.
Wify left 23/12/2021 for AU.

Though, I am still in Nigeria with my 2 lovely children aged 11 and 8; our visa grant came out positive in last month.
I have already booked flight for December 2, 2023.
I want to get some things sorted out before departure.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2023
Oh! Okay

Thank you so much for your input and encouragement.

Sylvyangel:

Please if you can go with your agent's advice. It's easier that way. You wouldn't want to invest so much and get a denial. Let one person go first, then others can join you later. From other people's experience on this thread, it's not too difficult for other family members to join if you get everything correctly.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hmmmmm! I think I will have to follow the agent's advice.

Thank you so much for your input.

OAOA:
What the agent said is true. Notwithstanding, if you can write a convincing GTE, you might be able to scale that hurdle

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Innocent4life00: 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
Please if I have some one in Australia ,when he wants to pay my fees will I pay him with the black market rate or normal fx rate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2023
It is usually the black market rate but the other person might wanna beat it down for you if he/she likes

Innocent4life00:
Please if I have some one in Australia ,when he wants to pay my fees will I pay him with the black market rate or normal fx rate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aThousandHills: 5:02am On Feb 23, 2023
Greetings all. This is my first time here and i am almost in shock stumbling upon all these beautiful conversations. I have been seeking for a gathering of like minds like this since last year to no avail. So pleased to be here.

Pls i need your honest opinion on this.

I recieved an offer for MPH in WSU. This is for the July 2023 intake. However my Sponsor(Dad's) account will only be funded with enough P.O.F money this week. Meaning i can only provide a 3 month account statement for GTE assesment in the first week of June.

In essence,my GTE assesment is to commence in June whereas my course start date is in July.

Do i stand a chance to accept the offer,undertake GTE assesment,pay tuition fees,apply visa and travel all within this 4 - 6week period?

Or should i just defer?

Pls help.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 6:33am On Feb 23, 2023
Ctemi:
Hello Gurus in the house, I have a question as regard using agent, is it mandatory someone used agent from his/her country (Nigeria) since my brother reside in Ibadan Nigeria? I will appreciate if anybody can recommend a good agent for us.
Thank you guys.
No. it's not mandatory to use an agent for admission and visa processing. You can apply for admission directly to the institution you are interested in attending and can also apply for visa by yourself. In saying that, most institutions prefer students use an agent as it eases the process of documents verification and GTE when securing admission. If you are ready to put in the work to read through this thread and do some research then you should be able to handle your own application. If on the other hand you would prefer someone else do all the work for you, then you are welcome to use an agent.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 6:38am On Feb 23, 2023
Flames000:
Please I have gotten offers from both Western Sydney University and Griffith University same courses (M.Sc Architecture)
Note that both fees are same.
Which is more advisable to go with?

I bear in mind I have a sibling around Griffith
I would say Griffith as it is located in either Brisbane or Gold Coast. Less expensive city and better chances of PR (not guaranteed). Yes there are more jobs in Sydney but you face stiff competition for PR. Your money your choice.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jimdatzme: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2023
Good morning to every one here assisting one another, I am impressed honestly.
Please I need an advise; My agent deferred my admission/intake from March session to July session because of delay in sending COE, less than than 3 weeks of deferring I got my COE,
I am about to apply for visa but I was advised by someone to wait till May to apply being that I have deferred to July session;
Should I wait till then β€œMay” or I can apply for visa this February?
I will be glad to get a response. Thanks in anticipation!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shayeedee: 10:07am On Feb 23, 2023
aThousandHills:
Greetings all. This is my first time here and i am almost in shock stumbling upon all these beautiful conversations. I have been seeking for a gathering of like minds like this since last year to no avail. So pleased to be here.

Pls i need your honest opinion on this.

I recieved an offer for MPH in WSU. This is for the July 2023 intake. However my Sponsor(Dad's) account will only be funded with enough P.O.F money this week. Meaning i can only provide a 3 month account statement for GTE assesment in the first week of June.

In essence,my GTE assesment is to commence in June whereas my course start date is in July.

Do i stand a chance to accept the offer,undertake GTE assesment,pay tuition fees,apply visa and travel all within this 4 - 6week period?

Or should i just defer?

Pls help.

Hello, please I would like to ask how you went about getting the POF. I would really appreciate it if you reply my message please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sunnysteve009(m): 11:27am On Feb 23, 2023
Please can I get admitted to msc in deakin University with a Cpa of 2.50 out of 5
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Flames000(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2023
NB1912:

I would say Griffith as it is located in either Brisbane or Gold Coast. Less expensive city and better chances of PR (not guaranteed). Yes there are more jobs in Sydney but you face stiff competition for PR. Your money your choice.
Thank you very much for taking out time to respond. Your advice is a logical one.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aThousandHills: 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2023
Shayeedee:

Hello, please I would like to ask how you went about getting the POF. I would really appreciate it if you reply my message please

It is a bank Loan. The kind that they place a lien on for a given period.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shayeedee: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2023
aThousandHills:

It is a bank Loan. The kind that they place a lien on for a given period.

Please can I talk to you privately. 07086272188 thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chizzyvivian: 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2023
whisperkay:
Hello Guys, Do we have anyone in University of Wollongong? or do you know someone who is a current student? I am supposed to resume this Autumn session which starts by Feb 27. But I just had my visa biometrics and medical and on Feb 9 & 10 respectively. My agent is advising I don't enroll yet, like to wait for the visa decision. But I am not sure what to do atm. Does anyone have this experience?

Please how long did it take the school to respond on your application? it’s four weeks now no response on my application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.