Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1249998 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 89omowu: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
AKASBABA1:

Certainly, you can. Let me clarify the situation for you. The English test primarily serves the purpose of admission and is primarily utilized by the schools. It is not strictly an immigration requirement, except for professions like nursing and other courses that have stringent English language proficiency criteria.

Having admission implies acceptance by the school based on your English score; otherwise, the school would not have accepted you.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 3:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
To be very honest, it’s kind of trickery.

If you will want to convert the money into investment certificate, you’ll have to show a statement that shows the origin of the money into the mutual fund investment account.

Also, you’ll have to show the source of the money into your account that goes to the investment account.

I’ve not seen someone that use fixed deposit certificate, only one person I saw was denied.

Also, fixed deposit is well different from investment certificate and the differences may be why the applicant was denied.

Lastly, your sibling will have to show proofs of the money in the don account .

Why, is because, embassy want to see the flow and not just the chunk.

The flow is what gives them the information if the account is ‘healthy enough’ to sponsor you.
Obiora94:

Bro thanks for your input, I really need to figure out a way to present my case without complications. The deposit into the dom account is from my sibling who lives abroad. I was thinking that would come under a gift deed or do you suggest a fixed investment deposit instead. Should i go ahead to use the dom acct, does it imply that my sibling would have to present statement of acct to show the source of fund. More importantly, in the event that i choose to convert it into an investment certificate, can i present myself as self sponsor when in the real sense the money is coming from my siblings. Thank you as you find time to respond to me. Remain blessed! My regards to everyone sharing their knowledge and expertise.

Ps: Anybody with experience on how to prep POF and detail the source should please message me.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by whisperkay(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2023
chidi4sam:

VISA ALERT.

Student - Subsequent Entrant grated today 05/12/2023.

Application lodged on 25/10/2023.

Visa everyone waiting good luck.

Hey bro, Please did you apply yourself?

Or was it through an agency?

If yes, please what agency?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2023
whisperkay:

Hey bro, Please did you apply yourself?

Or was it through an agency?

If yes, please what agency?

Through an agent. Studyco
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kly003: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
Please i see what u are doing and i am very impress with the information dished here.

Concerning the bolded please for someone like myself who isn't based in Nigeria, do i still get my sponsor from Nigeria or my place of current residence.

AKASBABA1:

I can't elaborate much on that issue, except to mention that we applied for admission for one of our students. Unfortunately, they declined to register us as one of their agents in Nigeria. Surprisingly, they proceeded to communicate directly with the students, a behavior we found strange and unprofessional. Apart from that, it's a great school and a path worth considering.

I consistently emphasize that when you're in Nigeria, don't be too selective with schools. The primary challenge is securing a place to study and get your visa; everything else will fall into place afterward.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by whisperkay(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
chidi4sam:

Through an agent. Studyco

Thanks bro!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Judee99(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
Has anyone previously or currently used BCIE? I was told that they only apply to one University at a time.
Secondly, I was advised not to use myself as a sponsor cos source of income is not solid, rather create a property deed using my parents. Please advise
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:24am On Dec 11, 2023
Kly003:
Please i see what u are doing and i am very impress with the information dished here.

Concerning the bolded please for someone like myself who isn't based in Nigeria, do i still get my sponsor from Nigeria or my place of current residence.

If you currently have a stable source of income in your current location or can demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your entire study period in Australia, it is advisable to utilize those resources. Permit me to add that you do not need to be physically present in Nigeria to apply for the visa. Most students in Australia, even those who have lived there for years, still reference all documents from their home countries, especially if they are unable to provide proof of funds for visa renewal and other requirements. When applying for a student visa, channeling all financial transactions through your home country can simplify the process of proving ties and meeting other visa requirements.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:32am On Dec 11, 2023
Judee99:
Has anyone previously or currently used BCIE? I was told that they only apply to one University at a time.
Secondly, I was advised not to use myself as a sponsor cos source of income is not solid, rather create a property deed using my parents. Please advise

It's challenging for me to provide specific advice without knowing the details of your circumstances. As an agent myself, I refrain from offering advice that contradicts what another agent has provided to their client. I acknowledge that BCIE is a reputable professional agency, and I would endorse their guidance. Having multiple opinions on matters like these often leads to confusion. Ideally, to self-sponsor for an Australian visa, you should either have a business that will continue to operate while you're in Australia or possess all the necessary resources to sponsor your study in Australia.

I hope that helps ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2023
89omowu:

Thank you

Australia has recently updated its visa requirements for students. Now, it is mandatory to submit IELTS scores, and achieving good grades is essential for most courses. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/archive/article?itemId=1153
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Itzpetersv: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2023
Good morning

Please I want to ask if it’s possible to be granted visa after one month of application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Judee99(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2023
AKASBABA1:

I hope that helps ?
Many thanks. I don't actually, a bulk of my funds is from my study abroad stipend and side hustle.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
Please I will like to talk tomorrow you on phone.

AKASBABA1:

Australia has recently updated its visa requirements for students. Now, it is mandatory to submit IELTS scores, and achieving good grades is essential for most courses. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/archive/article?itemId=1153

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
Itzpetersv:
Good morning

Please I want to ask if it’s possible to be granted visa after one month of application?

Predicting the processing duration of an Australian student visa is challenging. In an ideal scenario, it takes around one month or less. However, several factors may influence the processing time. For more information, please visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kly003: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
Thanks, well detailed and understood.

I would love to speak with you if you don't mind. Perhaps, email at the very least.

Also, i think i have the necessary resources to sponsor myself but would love to have some guidance on getting started and some here and there info.

Currently, I'm rounding off my masters studies in Poland and i am also working, however, I'm looking to commence my application ASAP as i think its good timing.

However, concerning IELTS and English proficiency exams, I'm kinda confuse. Please is there a way i could reach u.

AKASBABA1:

If you currently have a stable source of income in your current location or can demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your entire study period in Australia, it is advisable to utilize those resources. Permit me to add that you do not need to be physically present in Nigeria to apply for the visa. Most students in Australia, even those who have lived there for years, still reference all documents from their home countries, especially if they are unable to provide proof of funds for visa renewal and other requirements. When applying for a student visa, channeling all financial transactions through your home country can simplify the process of proving ties and meeting other visa requirements.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by desertboom(m): 1:54am On Dec 12, 2023
AKASBABA1:

Must one submit IELTS during VISA processing or it's just a requirement for admission purposes because I've already secure admission before this new rule.
Kindly clarify, thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 2:24am On Dec 12, 2023
Key Takeaways from the recent migration review impacting current and prospective students.

1. New Genuine Student Test (GST): A new Genuine Student test (GST) will be introduced for all international students. A few factors will be taken into consideration in determining the students who meet the GST requirements such as, the circumstances of the applicant, your academic or career progression and the usefulness of the intended study to your future career prospects. The new GST will ensure there is more scrutiny on student visa applications and separate genuine students from non-genuine students.

2. Increased English language requirements: Student visa English language requirement will be raised from IELTS 5.5 to IELTS 6.0. Education providers are now required to report students English language proficiency at enrolment. This means that if an education providers English language requirement is 6.5 for your preferred course, you will be required to provide an IELTS score of 6.5 when applying for a student visa. All student visa applicants will now be required to provide English language score during visa application.
In addition, 485 visa English requirement will be raised from IELTS 6.0 to IELTS 6.5.

3. Restrict onshore visa hopping and age limit for 485 visa: 485 visa holders will be restricted from transferring back to student visa onshore. You will be required to leave Australia and apply for a new student visa. The maximum age for a 485 visa will reduce from 50 to 35. This means if you are over 35 you will no longer be eligible for a 485 visa after your study.

4. Shorter 485 visa: The government has backtracked on it's initial longer 485 visa that was announced earlier this year. The government will revert back to 2 years 485 visa for bachelors and masters by coursework, 3 years for masters by research and 3 years for PHD.

5. Clearer post graduate visa pathways: Temporary Skills Shortage visa (and future Skills in Demand visa) will be changed to give 485 visa holders more opportunity to move on to a skilled visa. Proposed reforms to the points test will also give graduates working in skilled jobs related to their line of study faster pathways to permanent residency. In summary, If you get a job related to your course of study and the job is on high demand your chances of securing a permanent visa will be higher. If the job is not related to your course of study, no PR.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obiora94: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
penitential:
To be very honest, it’s kind of trickery.

If you will want to convert the money into investment certificate, you’ll have to show a statement that shows the origin of the money into the mutual fund investment account.

Also, you’ll have to show the source of the money into your account that goes to the investment account.

I’ve not seen someone that use fixed deposit certificate, only one person I saw was denied.

Also, fixed deposit is well different from investment certificate and the differences may be why the applicant was denied.

Lastly, your sibling will have to show proofs of the money in the don account .

Why, is because, embassy want to see the flow and not just the chunk.

The flow is what gives them the information if the account is ‘healthy enough’ to sponsor you.

Bro is there a chance that I can send you an email to guide me arrange this documents. Here is my email. Nelsonvedo4@gmail.com. Please leave me a shout, i would appreciate.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Itzpetersv: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
Thank you very much but the link is broken, it’s not working

AKASBABA1:

Predicting the processing duration of an Australian student visa is challenging. In an ideal scenario, it takes around one month or less. However, several factors may influence the processing time. For more information, please visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
NB1912:
Key Takeaways from the recent migration review impacting current and prospective students.

1. New Genuine Student Test (GST): A new Genuine Student test (GST) will be introduced for all international students. A few factors will be taken into consideration in determining the students who meet the GST requirements such as, the circumstances of the applicant, your academic or career progression and the usefulness of the intended study to your future career prospects. The new GST will ensure there is more scrutiny on student visa applications and separate genuine students from non-genuine students.

2. Increased English language requirements: Student visa English language requirement will be raised from IELTS 5.5 to IELTS 6.0. Education providers are now required to report students English language proficiency at enrolment. This means that if an education providers English language requirement is 6.5 for your preferred course, you will be required to provide an IELTS score of 6.5 when applying for a student visa. All student visa applicants will now be required to provide English language score during visa application.
In addition, 485 visa English requirement will be raised from IELTS 6.0 to IELTS 6.5.

3. Restrict onshore visa hopping and age limit for 485 visa: 485 visa holders will be restricted from transferring back to student visa onshore. You will be required to leave Australia and apply for a new student visa. The maximum age for a 485 visa will reduce from 50 to 35. This means if you are over 35 you will no longer be eligible for a 485 visa after your study.

4. Shorter 485 visa: The government has backtracked on it's initial longer 485 visa that was announced earlier this year. The government will revert back to 2 years 485 visa for bachelors and masters by coursework, 3 years for masters by research and 3 years for PHD.

5. Clearer post graduate visa pathways: Temporary Skills Shortage visa (and future Skills in Demand visa) will be changed to give 485 visa holders more opportunity to move on to a skilled visa. Proposed reforms to the points test will also give graduates working in skilled jobs related to their line of study faster pathways to permanent residency. In summary, If you get a job related to your course of study and the job is on high demand your chances of securing a permanent visa will be higher. If the job is not related to your course of study, no PR.

What will happen to people who have submitted for visas or people who have admissions for February and are more than 35 . Am 40 and am about to pay my fees
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ijaay83:

What will happen to people who have submitted for visas or people who have admissions for February and are more than 35 . Am 40 and am about to pay my fees

If you have submitted a visa application before, the new review will not have any impact on your application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
Itzpetersv:
Thank you very much but the link is broken, it’s not working

Here is the correct link

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 12:44am On Dec 14, 2023
Good day guys,

I’m quoting my old question with a new development (question)

Deakin University
Masters in Health Economics
Her Bachelors - Medical Physiology
Work experience - Bank (2 years marketing, 2 years risk and compliance)
Salary - N600k

Since my uncle fully sponsoring my wife to be will be weird, how about a situation where he pays her initial deposit from Australia (to show evidence of sponsorship), I have N10m in my account and I can be her part sponsor and my uncle will stand as her other sponsor. I also have a registered business which can add N5m, my personal account for 3 months will have activity of about N50m at least.

My Abuja land - Bought N1m last year,
Her own land in Lag- N4m estimate
My Mother’s land which she can direct to me- N8m.
I have 3 business trucks all worth N15m

- How do we even get a proper valuation for these lands?
- Can all these help with home ties

We have to leave together due to health reasons on her own side and I don’t wanna sell anything.

- What are the odds when we consider all these new information?

stevepeter2100:
Good day everyone, and weldone to everyone sharing information

Please I have a peculiar question,

I currently have applications for skilled migration but it’s taking long, I am at the stage where I’m waiting for state/territory nomination for 491/190 Visas.

I have an uncle in Australia who advised that my girlfriend (I plan to marry her next year) should apply for masters. The plan will be for me to apply under her application and leave together.

1. If she applies and we’re married, can my uncle be her sponsor?

2. As I’m doing all these, if I am nominated for my 491/190 visa, will there be an issue of having multiple visa applications at once? Also, what happens if we get to Australia before they answer me? Is there a way I can complete it and change our visa from student to 491/190?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:13am On Dec 14, 2023
Ijaay83:

At the moment, there is no clarity from the government if this new rule will impact existing students or if it will only apply to applications lodged after the implementation date. I guess there will be more news on this in the coming weeks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 5:33am On Dec 14, 2023
I have gained admission and I'm 37. Please due date for the commencement of this new policy?

NB1912:

At the moment, there is no clarity from the government if this new rule will impact existing students or if it will only apply to applications lodged after the implementation date. I guess there will be more news on this in the coming weeks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by favouruby: 5:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
NB1912:

The age limit thing is an issue,i will be over 35 years when i am done with my Masters in social work.Honestly,this new policy is almost making me rethink going forward with the Visa application.As it stands my only option after my two years masters will be to apply for PR using my masters in social work.Assuming it's removed from the skilled occupation list,where does that leave me?Australia is the most expensive study destination,one should have better assurance of post study work rights.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by favouruby: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ijaay83:

I just paid acceptance fees to james cook,awaiting issuance of my COE.Honestly,i regret paying because international students may just be one policy away from being asked to return to their country after studies,just like UK did some years back.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
favouruby:

I just paid acceptance fees to james cook,awaiting issuance of my COE.Honestly,i regret paying because international students may just be one policy away from being asked to return to their country after studies,just like UK did some years back.

I have asked questions and lot of people say these policies have not been put in place yet. I believe when they final decide it won’t affect people already in the system . It should be for new intakes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by favouruby: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2023
Ijaay83:

I have asked questions and lot of people say these policies have not been put in place yet. I believe when they final decide it won’t affect people already in the system . It should be for new intakes
I am not already in the system.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by e90(m): 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
Please I need advise.
I am applying to Central queens university through one of the agency on their site. AMS bridge blue. Initially the agent told me no application fee but they later said the school is requesting for application fee of AUD100. I paid the money to their Dorm acct. For almost 4 weeks now the agency is saying they can't pay for the application fee because I made a cash deposit of 80 dollars into their account,that, they don't accept cash deposit. Again,they requested for dollar card, I submitted the details of the card,that, they will be one to make the payment from the card from their end. This is another one week,nothing has been done. They are telling me the transaction is pending. The money has not been deducted from the card. Their response is so slow, if I don't call to follow up,nothing and I have paid them 150k for registration,non refundable.
On Saturdays they don't pick calls till on Monday morning.
I am worry because I am applying for march intake 2024 and their is no much time left.What should I do?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by e90(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Please I need advise.
I am applying to Central queens university through one of the agency on their site. AMS bridge blue. Initially the agent told me no application fee but they later said the school is requesting for application fee of AUD100. I paid the money to their Dorm acct, For almost 4 weeks now the agency is saying they can't pay for the application fee because I made a cash deposit of 80 dollars into their account,that, they don't accept cash deposit. They requested for dollar card, I submitted the details of the card,that, they will be one to make the payment from the card from their end. This is another one week,nothing has been done. They are telling me the transaction is pending. The money has not been deducted from the card. Their response is so slow, if I don't call to follow up,nothing and I have paid them 150k for registration,non refundable.
On Saturdays they don't pick calls till on Monday morning.
I am worry because I am applying for march intake 2024 and their is no much time left.What should I do?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 3:03am On Dec 17, 2023
Hello guys,

Please help with my questions 🙏🏿

stevepeter2100:
Good day guys,

I’m quoting my old question with a new development (question)

Deakin University
Masters in Health Economics
Her Bachelors - Medical Physiology
Work experience - Bank (2 years marketing, 2 years risk and compliance)
Salary - N600k

Since my uncle fully sponsoring my wife to be will be weird, how about a situation where he pays her initial deposit from Australia (to show evidence of sponsorship), I have N10m in my account and I can be her part sponsor and my uncle will stand as her other sponsor. I also have a registered business which can add N5m, my personal account for 3 months will have activity of about N50m at least.

My Abuja land - Bought N1m last year,
Her own land in Lag- N4m estimate
My Mother’s land which she can direct to me- N8m.
I have 3 business trucks all worth N15m

- How do we even get a proper valuation for these lands?
- Can all these help with home ties

We have to leave together due to health reasons on her own side and I don’t wanna sell anything.

- What are the odds when we consider all these new information?

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.