Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1253412 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by duscollins: 11:13pm On Jan 07
nwafor4luv:
please I have 6.0 in ielts total score and got 5.5 in a particular section, does Australia accept this for undergraduate course.

The new policy stipulates a score of 7.0
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 6:41pm On Jan 08
Good day guys and Happy New Year,

Please who know the transcript process in Australia? Do they usually require international students to send transcript directly from the University in Nigeria to the University in Australia?

I am asking because I want to commence Transcript process in UNIBEN, options are

1. Send to my company in Lagos and use the copy to apply online
2. Send directly to Deakin University from UNIBEN.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by favouruby: 8:34pm On Jan 08
stevepeter2100:
Good day guys and Happy New Year,

Please who know the transcript process in Australia? Do they usually require international students to send transcript directly from the University in Nigeria to the University in Australia?

I am asking because I want to commence Transcript process in UNIBEN, options are

1. Send to my company in Lagos and use the copy to apply online
2. Send directly to Deakin University from UNIBEN.

Thank You.
Send to your agent,this way they can use it to apply to multiple schools for you.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hossana123: 10:47pm On Jan 08
Hello everyone, i got a mail from Department of home affairs requesting for further health examination, in this case, do i need to book for another medicals or just walk into IOM for further checks?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 4:49am On Jan 09
Hossana123:
Hello everyone, i got a mail from Department of home affairs requesting for further health examination, in this case, do i need to book for another medicals or just walk into IOM for further checks?

You don't have to schedule a new appointment for further medical examination; you can revisit your previous medical appointment center. Based on past experiences, there's typically no need to pay extra fees for this.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 6:21am On Jan 09
AKASBABA1:

Its happening now ,"The Skilled-Recognised Graduate visa has been capped from 22 December 2023. ​If you have an application pending you will be able to apply for a repayment of your Visa Application Charge (VAC). As we work through onhand applications you will be sent instructions on how to claim a repayment of your VAC through ImmiAccount."

This is my first encounter with the information that immigration is reimbursing visa fees and requesting applicants to withdraw their applications.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-recognition-graduate-476

This is for 476 visa and not 485 visa. No date has been attached to commencement of the changes yet
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by wreckormend: 12:55pm On Jan 09
Usefulsense:
I am currently in AU. In case you need to send Naira to Nigeria in exchange for your AUD, I am available.

What is your rate. Need about 15k for tuition
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 9:03pm On Jan 09
Hi gurus in the house. Please,I will like to get in contact with any Nigerian currently studying in Perth or the University of Western Australia. I would really appreciate if he/she will reach out. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by FatFreddie: 8:26pm On Jan 10
Could you recommend a valuation company?
Douleh27:
congratulations. i tap into ur celebration, the property evaluation was it done by a valuation comapany
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VOLT10(m): 1:38am On Jan 12
Hello,
How can one explain lump sum payments on bank statement
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 11:48pm On Jan 16
Good day people,

Please if someone applies for a course that’s not on the PR list or the skilled occupation list for migration and end up working in a job (let’s assume the job is on a work visa) that’s not on the same list.

Is there any other pathway to become a permanent resident?

I’m asking because I want to apply for public health or financial crime and fraud investigation but I don’t see a path to the future PR
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cynnarr(f): 11:58am On Jan 18
Good Day All,
I need honest reponses and opinions regarding my issue.

I am a School of nursing graduate with 6 years of experience. I want to work in Australia but the exam locations makes things difficult.
Now I want to go through the student route and hopefully do the conversion program.
Am I eligible? What should I do?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 3:34am On Jan 19
You’re eligible.
Cynnarr:
Good Day All,
I need honest reponses and opinions regarding my issue.

I am a School of nursing graduate with 6 years of experience. I want to work in Australia but the exam locations makes things difficult.
Now I want to go through the student route and hopefully do the conversion program.
Am I eligible? What should I do?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 4:53pm On Jan 19
Posting on behalf of somene
My visa was denied today😪

Application date: 20 December 2023
Medicals: 2nd Jan 2024
Biometrics: 27 December 2023
Denied 19 Jan 2024

Reason for refusal Migration Act 500.212. Didn't prove financial incentives of the job back in home country against economic circumstances.

School is University of Melbourne, masters in construction mgt

Chaiii, this one pain me special cry
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 6:04pm On Jan 20
AussieJoan:
Posting on behalf of somene
My visa was denied today😪

Application date: 20 December 2023
Medicals: 2nd Jan 2024
Biometrics: 27 December 2023
Denied 19 Jan 2024

Reason for refusal Migration Act 500.212. Didn't prove financial incentives of the job back in home country against economic circumstances.

School is University of Melbourne, masters in construction mgt

Chaiii, this one pain me special cry
Not surprised. I guess it's due to the governments new proposed changes. Seen a high rejection rate lately. I can imagine what it will look like when the changes are implemented.
My advise to prospective students is to package a very strong application or don't bother applying.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 6:13pm On Jan 20
NB1912:

Not surprised. I guess it's due to the governments new proposed changes. Seen a high rejection rate lately. I can imagine what it will look like when the changes are implemented.
My advise to prospective students is to package a very strong application or don't bother applying.
Nawa o, sorry for the guy💔.This is even making me scared too and I applied on the same date he did last December. We hope for the best always sha
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naturetony1: 8:57pm On Jan 20
This new immigration policies really making things difficult sha.... Waiting for Coe from JCU since last year November ending till Now. They're still reviewing all candidates bcs of the new immigration policies. It is well.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 4:01am On Jan 21
NB1912:

What was weird is that this person's application was extremely strong. Anyway, praying they get a different result next time.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 4:01am On Jan 21
Naturetony1:
This new immigration policies really making things difficult sha.... Waiting for Coe from JCU since last year November ending till Now. They're still reviewing all candidates bcs of the new immigration policies. It is well.

Harrass them daily with calls. It tends to make them work faster.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 10:23pm On Jan 21
Hi guys, kindly help respond to this.

Considering the fact that there are more visa refusals now and currently working in a financial crime and fraud investigation role. I’m thinking one should just apply for masters in same field but it’s not a PR course. What are the future implications?

Hello people, please help

[sub][/sub]
stevepeter2100:
Good day people,

Please if someone applies for a course that’s not on the PR list or the skilled occupation list for migration and end up working in a job (let’s assume the job is on a work visa) that’s not on the same list.

Is there any other pathway to become a permanent resident?

I’m asking because I want to apply for public health or financial crime and fraud investigation but I don’t see a path to the future PR

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reanzi: 6:35am On Jan 22
Hello everyone.

Please I will like to find out if I have to certify every document I am to use for the australian study visa application. Or is it just to certificates? Please I will deeply appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22
I do not see any connection between the new policy and this refusal.

Most of the policies that are to be implemented are not directly geared toward incoming students.

It’s majorly against those who are in the system already with study visa trying to regularize their stay.

I can tell that this application denied has some loop hole that’s visible to the VO. Because, construction management is a very good course that’s highly in demand.

And one of their immigration objectives is to bring in more construction workers.

For study permit currently, there are some major pointers that’s been looked into, as regards economic situation of the country.

If those loopholes are found in any application, it’s outright rejection.

All the best to everyone.

NB1912:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by baba4thegehs: 11:22pm On Jan 22
penitential:
I will say it is.

Esp if you’re studying a PR course

What's a PR Course please?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lavaqueen(f): 11:31pm On Jan 22
Wonder1844:
Good day everyone,
Please between Ballarat - Mt Helen and Tonsley which is a better city for international students in terms of getting a job as a student.

Already got admission in Federation University but also waiting for Flinders University.

Thanks

Please did you apply to this school by yourself, or did you make use of any agency?
Is IELTS a necessity?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 3:29am On Jan 23
A course that the skill is in-demand.

You can check ‘in-demand skill in Australia’.
baba4thegehs:

What's a PR Course please?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 9:10am On Jan 23
penitential:
I do not see any connection between the new policy and this refusal.

Most of the policies that are to be implemented are not directly geared toward incoming students.

It’s majorly against those who are in the system already with study visa trying to regularize their stay.

I can tell that this application denied has some loop hole that’s visible to the VO. Because, construction management is a very good course that’s highly in demand.

And one of their immigration objectives is to bring in more construction workers.

For study permit currently, there are some major pointers that’s been looked into, as regards economic situation of the country.

If those loopholes are found in any application, it’s outright rejection.

All the best to everyone.

As someone who was actively involved during the application. There wasn't any loophole.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lavaqueen(f): 2:34pm On Jan 23
Please, is there any masters program or BSc I can apply Without IELTS?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 3:28pm On Jan 23
Lavaqueen:
Please, is there any masters program or BSc I can apply Without IELTS?

There is but you'll need the English exam results to apply for a visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lavaqueen(f): 3:43pm On Jan 23
AussieJoan:

There is but you'll need the English exam results to apply for a visa

Can you tell me the name of the school, please please.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23
I didn't apply with ielts during my application but it's a requirement for GTE.

I didn't my application myself.
Lavaqueen:

Please did you apply to this school by yourself, or did you make use of any agency?
Is IELTS a necessity?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lavaqueen(f): 4:56pm On Jan 23
Wonder1844:
I didn't apply with ielts during my application but it's a requirement for GTE.

I didn't my application myself.

Thank you for your response, please how long did it take before they make their decision?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Itzpetersv: 6:55pm On Jan 23
I have been denied COE from two different schools for Masters programme. They said there scared I might not be able to get Visa. What can I do?

I am hoping in the last school I applied to for Feb 2024 intake

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.