Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250086 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 12:50am On Dec 05, 2023
stevepeter2100:
Good day everyone,

Please is there anyone who has successfully attended Torrens university? I’m hearing they’re quite bad and can frustrate you.

Also, any thoughts about Monash University and Federation University?

Monash is a good school, you can also look at Deakin (student support is one of the best).

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2023
AussieJoan:
Questions for those who came with their spouse on a dependent student visa

1. Did you travel with the main applicant for the first entry? If No, how long did you wait before you traveled to Australia?
2. Have you traveled outside Australia alone on the dependent visa and what was the duration?

@tunlex01 and others

When it comes to traveling, there isn't a predefined path; it's more about the planning process. I've observed individuals who embarked on journeys together and others who reunited with their families after a certain period. I would suggest tailoring your plans according to your specific circumstances.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2023
Obiora94:

Please can i send you an email i need clarification about proof of fund. Any body else is free to help. What do you guys thinka depositing proof of funds in a domiciliary account? How can i show in flow and outflow?

Budget for applicant and dependant :
Initial deposit paid
Dom ciliary acct deposit =20000 USd
Inherited Property valuation = 100 million naira
Business Acc inflow 60million naira, balance 5million naira,

Will this be enough house? Urgent answer is required before it gets too late.

There's no point in utilizing a domiciliary account solely for proof of funds; not only does it restrict you, but it also fails to substantiate anything. In certain instances, they may calculate your proof of funds in the local currency and make decisions based on that.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2023
stevepeter2100:
Good day everyone,

Please is there anyone who has successfully attended Torrens university? I’m hearing they’re quite bad and can frustrate you.

Also, any thoughts about Monash University and Federation University?

I can't elaborate much on that issue, except to mention that we applied for admission for one of our students. Unfortunately, they declined to register us as one of their agents in Nigeria. Surprisingly, they proceeded to communicate directly with the students, a behavior we found strange and unprofessional. Apart from that, it's a great school and a path worth considering.

I consistently emphasize that when you're in Nigeria, don't be too selective with schools. The primary challenge is securing a place to study and get your visa; everything else will fall into place afterward.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chibudinho55(m): 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Please guys, I'm on a crossroads, for the past 4-5days I'm still battling with schools to select for Masters in Business Analytics and/or Masters in Business Administration.

But, my concern is I don't know which school will be eligible for Post study plan and the duration to be given.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
AussieJoan:
Questions for those who came with their spouse on a dependent student visa

1. Did you travel with the main applicant for the first entry? If No, how long did you wait before you traveled to Australia?
2. Have you traveled outside Australia alone on the dependent visa and what was the duration?

@tunlex01 and others
1. it's up to you. it can be 6 months, less or more.
2. you can travel anytime as a dependent, there is no restriction as long as the visa is valid. Just note that your travel times will also be factored into calculation when you want to apply for citizenship especially if you stay longer outside AUstralia. it may delay your eligibility if you plan to apply for Australia citizenship
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2023
please,who knows how long it takes for GTE to be assessed by UWA?
jeweloftheEast:
UWA. I submitted the GTE alongside the required documents on Thursday
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
VISA ALERT.

Student - Subsequent Entrant grated today 05/12/2023.

Application lodged on 25/10/2023.

Visa everyone waiting good luck.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
AKASBABA1:

When it comes to traveling, there isn't a predefined path; it's more about the planning process. I've observed individuals who embarked on journeys together and others who reunited with their families after a certain period. I would suggest tailoring your plans according to your specific circumstances.

This particular case is a tricky one and a bit sensitive, hence the generalized questions (since it's a public forum).
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
jeweloftheEast:
please,who knows how long it takes for GTE to be assessed by UWA?

Each particular case is unique, you could call your school for updates. They sometimes work faster when they've got multiple enquiries.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
AKASBABA1:

I can't elaborate much on that issue, except to mention that we applied for admission for one of our students. Unfortunately, they declined to register us as one of their agents in Nigeria. Surprisingly, they proceeded to communicate directly with the students, a behavior we found strange and unprofessional. Apart from that, it's a great school and a path worth considering.

I consistently emphasize that when you're in Nigeria, don't be too selective with schools. The primary challenge is securing a place to study and get your visa; everything else will fall into place afterward.

There's a particular ongoing case where the so called school agent (in Nigeria) have been extremely unprofessional in their dealing with a prospective student, I'm talking really absurd abuse of work ethics and all...... which caused the student to inform the school to cease all communications with the agent but for some reason, they disregarded the request even after being informed of the agent-client conflict.

That school is something else
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
tunlex01:

1. it's up to you. it can be 6 months, less or more.
2. you can travel anytime as a dependent, there is no restriction as long as the visa is valid. Just note that your travel times will also be factored into calculation when you want to apply for citizenship especially if you stay longer outside AUstralia. it may delay your eligibility if you plan to apply for Australia citizenship

Thank you. I'm not too worried about the citizenship part, but more about optics on the immigration dept side.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
Yea bro!

Canny then, with Yemdogg, MichV, Thesoj, Folaroyal and co.

I’m in Aussie bro.

GreatMikymiko:
Hi Bro, wow! Long time. I just remembered those days we tried Canny stuff, right? Now from Germo to Aussie (Adelaide/Sydney). I guess you are in Aussie too? Inbox me your no.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
You can use a domicile account!

But before you use a domicillary account, be sure you can explain the source of the money inside the don account. If not, don’t use it.

Even if you’re using a naira account, you must be able to show the source of the money in the account.

20,000 USD, please convert it to Aud, know how much it is. Ensure it’s up to 60,000Aud before you proceed. Therefore, 20,000 USD, won’t be enough as POF.

Obiora94:

Please can i send you an email i need clarification about proof of fund. Any body else is free to help. What do you guys thinka depositing proof of funds in a domiciliary account? How can i show in flow and outflow?

Budget for applicant and dependant :
Initial deposit paid
Dom ciliary acct deposit =20000 USd
Inherited Property valuation = 100 million naira
Business Acc inflow 60million naira, balance 5million naira,

Will this be enough house? Urgent answer is required before it gets too late.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pufframmy: 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
congratulation what are the documents submited
chidi4sam:
VISA ALERT.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Judee99(m): 6:03am On Dec 07, 2023
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Can I request for your sop
enihola99@gmail.com
I sent a message request aidy. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Faboosuarez(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
penitential:
Grant Alert!!!

Profile.

School - Engineering institute of technology.
Course - Master of Civil Engineering(structure).
Start date - Feb 2024.
Application date - sept 1st
Biometric - and medical -4th sept
Grant date -09th October

Documents

CoE.
Reference letter from work
Investment certificate of 30m with Stanbic ibtc
Property valuation of 94M
Statement of account of 3 months- balance is 5M inflow is 60m

Sef sponsor.

Please bro van u share me your statement of purpose,. I just sent yu a mail, much appreciated
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dami22: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Congratulations. Please what documents did you submit and did you open a new immi account or you just did a new application under the primary applicant's account?.
Thank you.

chidi4sam:
VISA ALERT.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
pufframmy:
congratulation what are the documents submited

Business license, personal account statement, polio and yellow fever vaccine, passport for both my child and I, health insurance, child's school enrollment, GTE, letter of GTE from spouse, spouse academic and work documents, spouse visa grant, spouse verification of enrolment, marriage pictures, spouse explanation statement, spouse bank statement, form 1229, child custody evidence,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 10:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dami22:
Congratulations. Please what documents did you submit and did you open a new immi account or you just did a new application under the primary applicant's account?.
Thank you.

Application was under primary applican
Business license, personal account statement, polio and yellow fever vaccine, passport for both my child and I, health insurance, child's school enrollment, GTE, letter of GTE from spouse, spouse academic and work documents, spouse visa grant, spouse verification of enrolment, marriage pictures, spouse explanation statement, spouse bank statement, form 1229, child custody evidence,
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
People, Kindly assist to answer these questions 🙏🏿

stevepeter2100:
Good day everyone, and weldone to everyone sharing information

Please I have a peculiar question,

I currently have applications for skilled migration but it’s taking long, I am at the stage where I’m waiting for state/territory nomination for 491/190 Visas.

I have an uncle in Australia who advised that my girlfriend (I plan to marry her next year) should apply for masters. The plan will be for me to apply under her application and leave together.

1. If she applies and we’re married, can my uncle be her sponsor?

2. As I’m doing all these, if I am nominated for my 491/190 visa, will there be an issue of having multiple visa applications at once? Also, what happens if we get to Australia before they answer me? Is there a way I can complete it and change our visa from student to 491/190?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 4:38am On Dec 08, 2023
If mum or mum in love is strong enough to care for a child, kindly let your child be with either of them if your husband isn't joining U.

I'm giving U this counsel as a person that came to Aussie (study) with a child. I almost run mad... No even try think am

favouruby:
Thanks so much for this advise,just that the father is a sailor and does'nt stay home for months.That leaves us with the option of either going as a family or going with my daughter and paying for daycare.My main issue however is this; Will three of us applying for the study visa lead to a denial by the embassy?I am asking because of advice from agent against it, probably in a bid to show home ties.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2023
Good morning house.
Please does anyone know if Australia home affair accept TOEFL IBT result for student visa application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 10:11am On Dec 08, 2023
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Tonyferrad:
Please house is there anyone good that can help me review my SOP?

Crafting a statement of purpose demands considerable time and effort. I'm skeptical that anyone would provide a review for free. Personally, for my students, I opt to outsource this task through platforms like https://www.airtasker.com/au/. These platforms offer access to native English speakers who can skillfully review and compose compelling SOPs. Requesting a free review for something as intricate as an SOP seems unreasonable as it involves extensive effort and thoughtful consideration.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 11:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
favouruby:
Good evening all.I have a dilemma that requires input from experienced persons here.I am in the process of relocating to Australia with my husband and 4 year old daughter to study masters in social work.

The first agent i spoke to said its better i go alone and leave my husband and daughter behind,to come join me 6 months after i arrive ny His grace.We later met another agent that assured us of high chances of getting visa approvals for all three of us.

Another agent advised i leave my husband behind and go with my toddler.My confusion is this,is it actually risky for us all to apply as a family?What course of action is advisable to boost my chances of a visa approval.Pls drop your inputs.

There's no obstacle to applying as a family if you can provide sufficient proof of funds and meet the requirements. I highly recommend applying for all family members. My advice is rooted in my experience as a Travel Consultant and someone who has traveled with a family. Embarking on the journey with your family can significantly simplify your settling process, as you can collaborate and address challenges as a team. Upon arrival in Australia, you'll encounter various challenges related to survival, work, school, visas, etc. Juggling these tasks can be demanding.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stevepeter2100: 12:41am On Dec 09, 2023
Good day everyone

Kindly help me check this, for my partner.

Uniben 2015: Medical Physiology

Bank: 2 years - 2 years: Marketing, 2 years: Risk and Compliance with professional certificates.

Can she apply for public health, or should she apply for a course that’s similar to her work experience?

Which is better for admission and visa

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 89omowu: 1:09am On Dec 09, 2023
Guys, I scored LRWS 5.5,6.0,6.0,7.5 and aggregate of band 6.5 in my IELTs. Can I used this score to apply for Australia student visa. I got admission already for masters.
Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 2:13am On Dec 09, 2023
89omowu:
Guys, I scored LRWS 5.5,6.0,6.0,7.5 and aggregate of band 6.5 in my IELTs. Can I used this score to apply for Australia student visa. I got admission already for masters.
Thank you

Certainly, you can. Let me clarify the situation for you. The English test primarily serves the purpose of admission and is primarily utilized by the schools. It is not strictly an immigration requirement, except for professions like nursing and other courses that have stringent English language proficiency criteria.

Having admission implies acceptance by the school based on your English score; otherwise, the school would not have accepted you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obiora94: 3:53am On Dec 09, 2023
penitential:
You can use a domicile account!

But before you use a domicillary account, be sure you can explain the source of the money inside the don account. If not, don’t use it.

Even if you’re using a naira account, you must be able to show the source of the money in the account.

20,000 USD, please convert it to Aud, know how much it is. Ensure it’s up to 60,000Aud before you proceed. Therefore, 20,000 USD, won’t be enough as POF.

Bro thanks for your input, I really need to figure out a way to present my case without complications. The deposit into the dom account is from my sibling who lives abroad. I was thinking that would come under a gift deed or do you suggest a fixed investment deposit instead. Should i go ahead to use the dom acct, does it imply that my sibling would have to present statement of acct to show the source of fund. More importantly, in the event that i choose to convert it into an investment certificate, can i present myself as self sponsor when in the real sense the money is coming from my siblings. Thank you as you find time to respond to me. Remain blessed! My regards to everyone sharing their knowledge and expertise.

Ps: Anybody with experience on how to prep POF and detail the source should please message me.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 5:37am On Dec 09, 2023
Obiora94:

Bro thanks for your input, I really need to figure out a way to present my case without complications. The deposit into the dom account is from my sibling who lives abroad. I was thinking that would come under a gift deed or do you suggest a fixed investment deposit instead. Should i go ahead to use the dom acct, does it imply that my sibling would have to present statement of acct to show the source of fund. More importantly, in the event that i choose to convert it into an investment certificate, can i present myself as self sponsor when in the real sense the money is coming from my siblings. Thank you as you find time to respond to me. Remain blessed! My regards to everyone sharing their knowledge and expertise.

Ps: Anybody with experience on how to prep POF and detail the source should please message me.

My brother, things like this na offline make them dey discuss ham. But make i give you some ideas. For POF , na 2 tin dey inside.

1 , The money
2, Where e come from/how yu take get ham

The money fit dey your account e no matter (yes no dey compulsory say e the money must dey for the sponsor account), then you fit find person for your family or person we dey related to you make way get business or get better work to act as sponsor. Most of them go gree so long them no spend 1 naira or contribute anything.

Now you done solve the 2 problems , the money and where e come from . Tell me if them

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 89omowu: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.