Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1253405 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by primastylish: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
My visa was denied today😪

Application date: 20 November 2023
Medicals: 22 November 2023
Biometrics: 23 November 2023
Denied 21 December 2023

Reason for refusal was that I didn't prove the GTE requirement. I submitted my business documents, employment letters, study leave approval and even supported with an advert of a job in Nigeria I would apply for afterwards.

School is University of Western Australia, masters in social work.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
primastylish:

Denied 21 December 2023

Reason for refusal was that I didn't prove the GTE requirement. I submitted my business documents, employment letters, study leave approval and even supported with an advert of a job in Nigeria I would apply for afterwards.

I regret to learn about your visa refusal. Please accept my sincere best wishes as you walk through the next steps.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
e90:
Please I need advise.
I am applying to Central queens university through one of the agency on their site. AMS bridge blue. Initially the agent told me no application fee but they later said the school is requesting for application fee of AUD100. I paid the money to their Dorm acct, For almost 4 weeks now the agency is saying they can't pay for the application fee because I made a cash deposit of 80 dollars into their account,that, they don't accept cash deposit. They requested for dollar card, I submitted the details of the card,that, they will be one to make the payment from the card from their end. This is another one week,nothing has been done. They are telling me the transaction is pending. The money has not been deducted from the card. Their response is so slow, if I don't call to follow up,nothing and I have paid them 150k for registration,non refundable.
On Saturdays they don't pick calls till on Monday morning.
I am worry because I am applying for march intake 2024 and their is no much time left.What should I do?

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. How can we assist you, and what specific help do you need?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
stevepeter2100:
Good day guys,

I’m quoting my old question with a new development (question)

Deakin University
Masters in Health Economics
Her Bachelors - Medical Physiology
Work experience - Bank (2 years marketing, 2 years risk and compliance)
Salary - N600k

Since my uncle fully sponsoring my wife to be will be weird, how about a situation where he pays her initial deposit from Australia (to show evidence of sponsorship), I have N10m in my account and I can be her part sponsor and my uncle will stand as her other sponsor. I also have a registered business which can add N5m, my personal account for 3 months will have activity of about N50m at least.

My Abuja land - Bought N1m last year,
Her own land in Lag- N4m estimate
My Mother’s land which she can direct to me- N8m.
I have 3 business trucks all worth N15m

- How do we even get a proper valuation for these lands?
- Can all these help with home ties

We have to leave together due to health reasons on her own side and I don’t wanna sell anything.

- What are the odds when we consider all these new information?

In situations like this, seeking advice from an experienced agent is crucial for professional guidance. Unless you have the time to sift through various pieces of advice in forums and piece them together, having a seasoned professional can provide a more comprehensive and tailored approach.

I'll reiterate a key point: Even if you have friends or family in Australia, using them as sponsors, except for a visitor visa, may not be advisable. As a student, your primary purpose is to come to Australia for study with the intent to return to your home country upon completion. Using an Australian resident as a sponsor can raise concerns, particularly regarding immigration history and the financial capacity to support your tuition for the entire duration of the course, which is often three years.

My recommendation is to focus on demonstrating that you have the necessary resources to fund your wife's tuition and other arrangements. Providing solid evidence in this regard significantly increases your chances of a successful visa application compared to relying on sponsorship from someone in Australia.

Permit me to add that your strongest ties are typically rooted in your home country. Emphasizing these ties in your visa application can further strengthen your case and demonstrate a compelling reason to return after completing your studies. This could include family connections, employment opportunities, or any other significant commitments that anchor you to your home country.

Happy Weekend People.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ijaay83:

I have asked questions and lot of people say these policies have not been put in place yet. I believe when they final decide it won’t affect people already in the system . It should be for new intakes

There's no need to feel regretful. Australia frequently updates its policies, but we're still here and people still dey come.

While these policies may not be in effect at the moment, they can be valuable for those who are currently in the planning stages of their relocation.

Happy Weekend!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
So sorry to hear this.
Did UWA clear your GTE? why then did the immigration deny you😢
primastylish:

Denied 21 December 2023

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 2:58am On Dec 22, 2023
primastylish:

Denied 21 December 2023

I have had a quick look at your previous post and I can see that you studied Law as your B.Sc. You have applied for a Masters in Social work which is a different field from Law. The work experience letter you submitted, is it related to social work? I am guessing your response will be NO.

Did you provide any substantial evidence as to why you are switching from Law to Social Work? It is always hard to meet GTE requirement for visa purpose when switching to a different course and you don't have related work experience in the field. People have previously gotten away with switching to Social Work when their previous study or work experience is unrelated. It has become tougher now.

It has been mentioned multiple times on this thread that you should always study a course similar to your previous degree, and then switch to your preferred course when you get to Australia. In addition, Social Work is a high risk program and is highly scrutinized by visa officers.

Prepare yourself and re-apply by addressing the GTE requirement. Wish you all the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by primastylish: 4:39am On Dec 22, 2023
I actually included work experience as a volunteer with an NGO which I have been working with for over 3 years.

NB1912:

I have had a quick look at your previous post and I can see that you studied Law as your B.Sc. You have applied for a Masters in Social work which is a different field from Law. The work experience letter you submitted, is it related to social work? I am guessing your response will be NO.

Did you provide any substantial evidence as to why you are switching from Law to Social Work? It is always hard to meet GTE requirement for visa purpose when switching to a different course and you don't have related work experience in the field. People have previously gotten away with switching to Social Work when their previous study or work experience is unrelated. It has become tougher now.

It has been mentioned multiple times on this thread that you should always study a course similar to your previous degree, and then switch to your preferred course when you get to Australia. In addition, Social Work is a high risk program and is highly scrutinized by visa officers.

Prepare yourself and re-apply by addressing the GTE requirement. Wish you all the best.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by primastylish: 4:39am On Dec 22, 2023
Yes I was cleared for GTE

jeweloftheEast:
So sorry to hear this.
Did UWA clear your GTE? why then did the immigration deny you😢
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 6:58am On Dec 22, 2023
Sorry to hear this buddy.No need to ponder on what went wrong. Dust yourself up and go again. Wish you all the best
primastylish:
Yes I was cleared for GTE

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
primastylish:
I actually included work experience as a volunteer with an NGO which I have been working with for over 3 years.

You advised that you included study leave approval. Is this for the volunteering work experience with the NGO or you have a different full-time paid job in another profession?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by primastylish: 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
The study leave approval is for my full-time paid job as a legal compliance officer.

NB1912:

You advised that you included study leave approval. Is this for the volunteering work experience with the NGO or you have a different full-time paid job in another profession?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
primastylish:
The study leave approval is for my full-time paid job as a legal compliance officer.

This is one of the reasons why you didn’t meet GTE requirement for visa purpose. Study leave approvals are usually granted to employees to upskill themselves in their current role which can be beneficial to the company. The visa officer did not see the correlation and the benefit of your company granting you a study leave approval to study social work which is totally different from your current role as a legal officer.

In addition, you mentioned that you supported your application with a job advert you are going to apply for after the completion of your studies. Again, this is an issue. Since your company is granting you a study leave, you should always mention that you are returning to your position after your studies to enable you qualify for a senior level role at your organization.

Your solution is simple. Re-apply for a course in line with your profession as a legal officer. Get the same study leave approval from your organization, but this time, the letter should mention that the skill you will acquire after your studies will enable you to qualify for a senior level position within the organization. Then switch to social work once you get to Auzzie.

If you list all the documents you submitted It will be clear if you need to address other possible issues. Cheers!!

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 6:13am On Dec 24, 2023
Ijaay83:

I have asked questions and lot of people say these policies have not been put in place yet. I believe when they final decide it won’t affect people already in the system . It should be for new intakes

Its happening now ,"The Skilled-Recognised Graduate visa has been capped from 22 December 2023. ​If you have an application pending you will be able to apply for a repayment of your Visa Application Charge (VAC). As we work through onhand applications you will be sent instructions on how to claim a repayment of your VAC through ImmiAccount."

This is my first encounter with the information that immigration is reimbursing visa fees and requesting applicants to withdraw their applications.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-recognition-graduate-476
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2023
Great submission.

NB1912:

This is one of the reasons why you didn’t meet GTE requirement for visa purpose. Study leave approvals are usually granted to employees to upskill themselves in their current role which can be beneficial to the company. The visa officer did not see the correlation and the benefit of your company granting you a study leave approval to study social work which is totally different from your current role as a legal officer.

In addition, you mentioned that you supported your application with a job advert you are going to apply for after the completion of your studies. Again, this is an issue. Since your company is granting you a study leave, you should always mention that you are returning to your position after your studies to enable you qualify for a senior level role at your organization.

Your solution is simple. Re-apply for a course in line with your profession as a legal officer. Get the same study leave approval from your organization, but this time, the letter should mention that the skill you will acquire after your studies will enable you to qualify for a senior level position within the organization. Then switch to social work once you get to Auzzie.

If you list all the documents you submitted It will be clear if you need to address other possible issues. Cheers!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Army93: 3:03am On Dec 25, 2023
Hello
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 6:24am On Dec 27, 2023
Tonyferrad:
Greetings the big men in the house, please during Medicals capturing there is this question that was asked whether you will want to apply for a permanent visa in the next 6-12months then the next question is if you want to do upfront Medicals too. I said yes to the first one and I realized the mistake when I left the room to proceed with the Medicals and I am just hustling for a student visa. Please hope it won’t come back to affect my Visa chances ?? Scared

It is advisable to maintain consistency when applying for a student visa. Regardless of any potential plans for Permanent Residency (PR) or other long-term goals, it's recommended not to mention them during the student visa application process. The main purpose of obtaining a student visa is to come to Australia for educational purposes and to return to your home country upon completion of studies. Keeping this as your consistent statement aligns with the requirements of the visa application. Based on the information you've provided , it may not significantly impact your current visa application. However, it's crucial to bear in mind and adhere to the primary purpose as stated in your application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nwafor4luv: 12:19am On Dec 28, 2023
please I have 6.0 in ielts total score and got 5.5 in a particular section, does Australia accept this for undergraduate course.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Usefulsense: 8:15am On Dec 28, 2023
I am currently in AU. In case you need to send Naira to Nigeria in exchange for your AUD, I am available.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 2:47am On Dec 29, 2023
AKASBABA1:

It is advisable to maintain consistency when applying for a student visa. Regardless of any potential plans for Permanent Residency (PR) or other long-term goals, it's recommended not to mention them during the student visa application process. The main purpose of obtaining a student visa is to come to Australia for educational purposes and to return to your home country upon completion of studies. Keeping this as your consistent statement aligns with the requirements of the visa application. Based on the information you've provided , it may not significantly impact your current visa application. However, it's crucial to bear in mind and adhere to the primary purpose as stated in your application.

Okay sir, I hope it doesn’t count . Thanks very much for the reply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hello bro,how can I reach you?
primastylish:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jimdatzme: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2023
NB1912:

“Social Work is a high risk program”
Please can you elaborate what you mean by that statement of yours in quote?? Thanks in anticipation!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Donprince2: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
NB1912:
Key Takeaways from the recent migration review impacting current and prospective students.

1. New Genuine Student Test (GST): A new Genuine Student test (GST) will be introduced for all international students. A few factors will be taken into consideration in determining the students who meet the GST requirements such as, the circumstances of the applicant, your academic or career progression and the usefulness of the intended study to your future career prospects. The new GST will ensure there is more scrutiny on student visa applications and separate genuine students from non-genuine students.

2. Increased English language requirements: Student visa English language requirement will be raised from IELTS 5.5 to IELTS 6.0. Education providers are now required to report students English language proficiency at enrolment. This means that if an education providers English language requirement is 6.5 for your preferred course, you will be required to provide an IELTS score of 6.5 when applying for a student visa. All student visa applicants will now be required to provide English language score during visa application.
In addition, 485 visa English requirement will be raised from IELTS 6.0 to IELTS 6.5.

3. Restrict onshore visa hopping and age limit for 485 visa: 485 visa holders will be restricted from transferring back to student visa onshore. You will be required to leave Australia and apply for a new student visa. The maximum age for a 485 visa will reduce from 50 to 35. This means if you are over 35 you will no longer be eligible for a 485 visa after your study.

4. Shorter 485 visa: The government has backtracked on it's initial longer 485 visa that was announced earlier this year. The government will revert back to 2 years 485 visa for bachelors and masters by coursework, 3 years for masters by research and 3 years for PHD.

5. Clearer post graduate visa pathways: Temporary Skills Shortage visa (and future Skills in Demand visa) will be changed to give 485 visa holders more opportunity to move on to a skilled visa. Proposed reforms to the points test will also give graduates working in skilled jobs related to their line of study faster pathways to permanent residency. In summary, If you get a job related to your course of study and the job is on high demand your chances of securing a permanent visa will be higher. If the job is not related to your course of study, no PR.

Hello Gurus in the house, your advise will be highly appreciated. I started application for Aussie Universities this December, expecting offers any moment. But this new policy just put me off balance. I have Master degree, submitted applications for another Master's program, and also still trying to get Supervisor's approval for PhD, so i can have options to choose from.
However, I am 36, which means I would be ineligible for post study visa. I don't know if i should still go ahead with Australia, hoping that the policy could change favourably before I finish the program. Or I should channel my attention to another Country, though Australia remains my top choice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nurseafrica: 2:28pm On Jan 01
AUSTRALIA HAS MOVE ITS BIOMETRICS BACK TO TELEPERFORMANCE. IT IS NO LONGER WITH VFS GLOBAL.
SEE LINK HERE
https://visas-au.tlscontact.com/workflow/registration/ngABV2au
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunogunbiyi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 01
Hello
Please, can I dm you. Will very much like to connect with you.

penitential:
Grant Alert!!!

Profile.

School - Engineering institute of technology.
Course - Master of Civil Engineering(structure).
Start date - Feb 2024.
Application date - sept 1st
Biometric - and medical -4th sept
Grant date -09th October

Documents

CoE.
Reference letter from work
Investment certificate of 30m with Stanbic ibtc
Property valuation of 94M
Statement of account of 3 months- balance is 5M inflow is 60m

Sef sponsor.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 11:49pm On Jan 01
Ok, please do.
seunogunbiyi:

Hello
Please, can I dm you. Will very much like to connect with you.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by funbiano: 7:25am On Jan 04
Goodmorning house.Please has anyone receive any information or update from Australia Embassy this year.Please we need your update because of the new policies that was introduced around December.Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by funbiano: 8:36am On Jan 04
For valuation.I am an estate surveyor and valuer.I base in Lagos here.i did 2 valuation for someone who need this last year.But I won't be able to value the one in. Abuja.Except if I will look for a colleague to get that one done..My direct contact is 08033859916.You can chat me up.
stevepeter2100:
Good day guys,

I’m quoting my old question with a new development (question)

Deakin University
Masters in Health Economics
Her Bachelors - Medical Physiology
Work experience - Bank (2 years marketing, 2 years risk and compliance)
Salary - N600k

Since my uncle fully sponsoring my wife to be will be weird, how about a situation where he pays her initial deposit from Australia (to show evidence of sponsorship), I have N10m in my account and I can be her part sponsor and my uncle will stand as her other sponsor. I also have a registered business which can add N5m, my personal account for 3 months will have activity of about N50m at least.

My Abuja land - Bought N1m last year,
Her own land in Lag- N4m estimate
My Mother’s land which she can direct to me- N8m.
I have 3 business trucks all worth N15m

- How do we even get a proper valuation for these lands?
- Can all these help with home ties

We have to leave together due to health reasons on her own side and I don’t wanna sell anything.

- What are the odds when we consider all these new information?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by funbiano: 8:37am On Jan 04
funbiano:
For valuation.I am an estate surveyor and valuer.I base in Lagos here.i did 2 valuation for someone who need this last year for visa too.But I won't be able to value the one in. Abuja.Except if I will look for a colleague to get that one done..My direct contact is 08033859916.You can chat me up.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 12:20pm On Jan 04
Donprince2:

Hello Gurus in the house, your advise will be highly appreciated. I started application for Aussie Universities this December, expecting offers any moment. But this new policy just put me off balance. I have Master degree, submitted applications for another Master's program, and also still trying to get Supervisor's approval for PhD, so i can have options to choose from.
However, I am 36, which means I would be ineligible for post study visa. I don't know if i should still go ahead with Australia, hoping that the policy could change favourably before I finish the program. Or I should channel my attention to another Country, though Australia remains my top choice.

The recent changes in the Australian migration landscape should not dissuade you from submitting your application. I want to assure you that opportunities in Australia are boundless, and regardless of your status, you can still make it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: Zbk001 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.