Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250104 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 8:42pm On Jan 25
Congratulations to you!! at last,we've gotten a positive news. Did you send your sponsor's statement of account to immigration?,knowing that your school is a Level 1 school
Gurus in the house,this one is for y'all,is there consequences for not certifying your document?
Tonyferrad:
The requirements they sent before the application,they specified the ones that should be certified by a notary public and it included WAEC cert, NYSC cert which I didn’t even submit because I just concluded the service ,birth cert,passport ,Transcript then the whole sponsors means of identificationincluding his passport and proof of relationship, means of income . All were certified . Other documents but not certified includes: Yellow card, 3months account statement of mine which I just gave them my NYSC 33k account because I told them I was still serving and that’s my work, then Employment letter(NYSC call up letter )Recommendation letter from my principal , Statement of Purpose, Recent CV, Details of family members and finally the property documents. I just submitted all that they listed in the about to lodge requirements and they only contacted us a week ago to upload the full pages of the Yellow card which we did and the grant came in today.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by baggylips(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25
Hi all,
I will be attending a conference at the University of Sydney between 13th February (Arrival date) and 17th February (departure). Please, does anyone have any idea how I can get a cheap accommodation close to the school? Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 10:08pm On Jan 25

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reanzi: 1:48am On Jan 26
Tonyferrad:
The requirements they sent before the application,they specified the ones that should be certified by a notary public and it included WAEC cert, NYSC cert which I didn’t even submit because I just concluded the service ,birth cert,passport ,Transcript then the whole sponsors means of identificationincluding his passport and proof of relationship, means of income . All were certified . Other documents but not certified includes: Yellow card, 3months account statement of mine which I just gave them my NYSC 33k account because I told them I was still serving and that’s my work, then Employment letter(NYSC call up letter )Recommendation letter from my principal , Statement of Purpose, Recent CV, Details of family members and finally the property documents. I just submitted all that they listed in the about to lodge requirements and they only contacted us a week ago to upload the full pages of the Yellow card which we did and the grant came in today.

Thanks so much for your detailed response.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 6:47am On Jan 26
Tonyferrad:
Nop ,I didn’t sponsor myself ,Maternal Uncle did and the account had a closing balance of 60000Aud.

How much is your total school fees?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by freshStarz: 6:57am On Jan 26
AussieJoan:

Yes, they do.

Ok
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 7:24am On Jan 26
[quote author=Ijaay83 post=128129098]

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26
The new policies are as stated below.

1. Post graduate temporary visa applicant age is cut down from 50-35. This is to imply that if you’re over 35 after graduation, you should go home.

2. If you’re on post graduate temporary work visa, you can’t convert back to study visa( remember, most people, after finishing study and couldn’t get a nomination for either state sponsorship, employer sponsorship and 189 visa tend to convert back to study visa just to buy more time).

3. Fast processing time for skilled employment sponsor visa.

4. Post graduate work visa cut down from 5 years to 3 years, as it may apply to either bachelor, masters or phd.

The only policy that has affected oversea applicant is the raise in IELTS band score.

So, how has those policies aimed at refusing student visa?

As much as you may have a point ins saying that, you should consider the policies with it direct implication.

NB1912:

I respectfully disagree with your perspective. While it's true that the new student visa policy hasn't been implemented yet, there is emerging evidence suggesting a rise in student visa rejections recently. This trend seems to align with the government's expressed intentions to curtail the influx of newcomers in light of the ongoing housing crisis.

Consider the statistics: the number of international students in the country has doubled to nearly 700k in just three years. Given this significant increase, it's reasonable to infer that the forthcoming policy changes might indeed have an indirect influence on the current visa application process, especially for those applying from overseas. In my view, overlooking this potential connection could be an oversight.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Itzpetersv: 6:21pm On Jan 26
Can you please tell me why i have been unable to secure COE in three schools that gave me ann offer already.
Is February intake still possible for me at this point?

penitential:

1. Post graduate temporary visa applicant age is cut down from 50-35. This is to imply that if you’re over 35 after graduation, you should go home.

2. If you’re on post graduate temporary work visa, you can’t convert back to study visa( remember, most people, after finishing study and couldn’t get a nomination for either state sponsorship, employer sponsorship and 189 visa tend to convert back to study visa just to buy more time).

4. Post graduate work visa cut down from 5 years to 3 years, as it may apply to either bachelor, masters or phd.

The only policy that has affected oversea applicant is the raise in IELTS band score.

As much as you may have a point ins saying that, you should consider the policies with it direct implication.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 6:45pm On Jan 26
What type of offer were you given ? Conditional or unconditional ?

Itzpetersv:

Can you please tell me why i have been unable to secure COE in three schools that gave me ann offer already.
Is February intake still possible for me at this point?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 11:10pm On Jan 26
penitential:

Have these policies been put in place ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Judee99(m): 12:09am On Jan 27
wink
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sasha27: 12:49am On Jan 27
A room with its own bathroom/toilet available for rent in a shared apartment in newcastle… if you are interested? do reach out.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Coolpoles: 1:05am On Jan 27
jeweloftheEast:
Congratulations to you!! at last,we've gotten a positive news. Did you send your sponsor's statement of account to immigration?,knowing that your school is a Level 1 school
Gurus in the house,this one is for y'all,is there consequences for not certifying your document?

Please how were you able to defend the financial incentive part, given the rising exchange rate which could be a better benefit of higher earnings than your home country
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 3:39am On Jan 27
Coolpoles:

Please how were you able to defend the financial incentive part, given the rising exchange rate which could be a better benefit of higher earnings than your home country

@tonyferrad I think this question is for you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 7:15am On Jan 27
[quote author=Judee99 post
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 7:33am On Jan 27
None

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Judee99(m): 10:39am On Jan 27
wink
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tonyferrad(m): 11:08am On Jan 27
Judee99:

I appreciate your feedback
Do you mind sharing your undergraduate GPA cos I intend applying to adelaide too. I sent a mail request. Thank you
Okay will reply the mail

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 10:08pm On Jan 27
Policy should be implemented in the new financial year which is July 1st.

Although, hopefully they will review some of them. But those are the policies for now

Ijaay83:

Have these policies been put in place ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penitential(m): 10:11pm On Jan 27
Tonyferrad:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 7:00am On Jan 29
penitential:

I believe where you are missing the point is, you are looking at a fraction of the migration policy rather than the governments broader migration strategy. I will offer a modest amount of enlightenment here.

The recent data from Australia's Department of Home Affairs indicates a significant decrease in the number of visas granted to international students. In the first half of the current financial year, approvals for offshore student visas dropped to 139,000, with nearly 20% of all applications being rejected. This trend suggests that if the current approval rate persists, there will be approximately 90,000 fewer overseas students arriving in Australia in the 2023-2024 period, compared to the previous year.

Specifically, in the university education sector, the rate of visa approvals has fallen to 82% since July, a decline from 87% in the 2022-2023 period. In the past six months, 98,000 student visas have been granted for higher education, a noticeable decrease from the 261,000 visas granted in the previous year. This downward trend is evident across various international markets. For instance, visa approval rates for Indian students, Australia’s second-largest international student market, have decreased from 74% in the 2022-2023 period to 60% this financial year. Similarly, for Nepal, the third-largest market, approval rates have dropped from 62% to 40%.

These declining figures in student visa approvals reflect the Australian government's broader strategy to reduce net migration. This approach is aimed at alleviating pressure on the country's infrastructure and housing market. It is clear that these changes are closely tied to the government's new policy direction, focusing on managing temporary migration levels.

Contrary to the belief that these trends are unrelated to governments new policy, it is evident that they are a direct consequence of deliberate policy decisions.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Coolpoles: 10:42am On Jan 29
Tonyferrad:
My course has all this international and global titles at the back so I made sure to highlight I will be seeking to work in multinational companies like MTN,Dangote and co when am back and quoted the possible salary too per annum in foreign currency, I also listed five properties that were worth more than 70millon as economic ties and provided their documents too, though I listed all and their value in the SOP and provided all documents but my agent only submitted documents for three. Make sure to get a strong convincing SOP, mine was corrected up to 3times with suggestions on what to do and remove or add by my agent and their review team. The corrections and time delay was even what made me not to apply till after a month then, I was even angry with the agent that she is delaying me but thank God it paid off and we got a strong SOP afterwards! Better than rushing and submitting something not convincing enough .

Please what agent did you use
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Coolpoles: 10:58am On Jan 29
Please has anyone got a visa refusal lately and replied again and got a positive outcome
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by favouruby: 3:19pm On Jan 29
Tonyferrad:
My course has all this international and global titles at the back so I made sure to highlight I will be seeking to work in multinational companies like MTN,Dangote and co when am back and quoted the possible salary too per annum in foreign currency, I also listed five properties that were worth more than 70millon as economic ties and provided their documents too, though I listed all and their value in the SOP and provided all documents but my agent only submitted documents for three. Make sure to get a strong convincing SOP, mine was corrected up to 3times with suggestions on what to do and remove or add by my agent and their review team. The corrections and time delay was even what made me not to apply till after a month then, I was even angry with the agent that she is delaying me but thank God it paid off and we got a strong SOP afterwards! Better than rushing and submitting something not convincing enough .
Congrats on your visa grant,i tap into your testimony as i wait for my visa to be approved by God's grace.Pls did you just submit the property documents or you used an estate valuer to value the properties?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by snowlordng(m): 5:30am On Jan 30
penitential:

does it mean those going for tier1 university will now write English proficiency test!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by favouruby: 11:15am On Jan 30
penitential:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:26pm On Jan 30
snowlordng:
does it mean those going for tier1 university will now write English proficiency test!

No one is exempted from this
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ihomon: 11:45am On Jan 31
Good morning all am actually new here
Am a medical laboratory scientist,33yrs old and want to do a masters degree in medical laboratory science in aus.
Pls with this new policy of from 35yrs no more post study visa is it advisable for me to go ahead
N.B I will be 35yrs when am graduating
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 7:18am On Feb 02
Good morning everyone.
Please I need a guide on how to get my "income tax return". I went to tax office in my state the person I met was telling me that what I need is tax certificate.
Please anyone who has gotten his/her own should please guide me.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dgabby01: 4:48pm On Feb 02
Good day everyone, please is ielts result compulsory for Nigerians before applying for admission or visa to Australia. And how do I start an application without an agent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by funbiano: 9:12pm On Feb 02
If it's Australia you can't do it yourself.You must use agent.Also IELTS is compulsory.

Dgabby01:
Good day everyone, please is ielts result compulsory for Nigerians before applying for admission or visa to Australia. And how do I start an application without an agent

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.