Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? (705 Views)

I Didn't Know When I Said Those Words cos of Sex / Ever Gotten Tired Of A Relationship Cos Of Too Much Sex? / Funny Thing(s) You Did Because A Girl Says 'No' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by ebila(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2010
Alot of people are of the opinion that if they are in a relationship where they gave alot (finacially and emotionally) that their partner owes them.I've heard people use such statements as these; "after all the things i did for him/her","after all the money i spent on him/her" etc.It actually baffles me cos i'm of the opinion that if i'm in a relationship and i do stuff,i do so cos of the happiness i derive and thus the gurl doesn't owe me shit,regardless of the things i do/did or the money i spend/spent.So,what's your view?
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2010
Alot of people do things for their partners not 'out of the kindness of their heart' but because they want to lure them to bed or for money. It's usually the case where women are after the cheese and men after the nookie, sometimes it's the other way round but rarely.

Then again, we're only human and although we should give without expecting, it's only natural that one would expect a lil sum'n sum'n from their partner, not neccesarily 'I gave you this therefore you must do this for me/give me this' but just general loving gestures to please their partner and like you said, who doesn't like to see their girl/guy happy?
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by Secretz(f): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2010
I think it's more to do with feeling unnappreciated and lack of acknowledging the things people did/do in a relationship. When people start 'expecting' and it doesn't happen, people feel dissapointed, so it's often best not to expect anything at all and when it does happen, kinda feels like a bonus.
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by freecocoa(f): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2010
@ secretz.i totally agree with u.
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by iice(f): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2010
People are selfish, greedy and manipulative cheesy  It's human nature.

Thank goodness for Na'vi grin
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by ebila(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2010
Secretz:

I think it's more to do with feeling unnappreciated and lack of acknowledging the things people did/do in a relationship. When people start 'expecting' and it doesn't happen, people feel dissapointed, so it's often best not to expect anything at all and when it does happen, kinda feels like a bonus.
Dat's so true.

@ladies,
Do u guys hav an ex that u feel owes u?Or any u feel u owe?
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by iice(f): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
Nah, no one owes me and i owe no one. I make that perfectly clear from day one grin
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by ebila(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
iice:

Nah, no one owes me and i owe no one. I make that perfectly clear from day one grin
Now dat's wot i'm talkin' bout! wink
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2010
@post
yes people owe their partner but they owe to RESPECT them and to be Honest with them. thats about it!
the fact that someone spends money on a partner means jack unless they respect and are truthful to each other.
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by ebila(m): 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@post
yes people owe their partner but they owe to RESPECT them and to be Honest with them. thats about it!
the fact that someone spends money on a partner means jack unless they respect and are truthful to each other.
Everybody owes everybody they meet respect.But apart from dat in respect,do u fink ur gurl or ex owes u?
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
ebila:

Everybody owes everybody they meet respect.But apart from dat in respect,do u fink your gurl or ex owes u?

she doesnt owe me jack. anything else(than honesty and respect) in this relationship is like a bonus that will enhance or devalue this relationship. . . . . . . . and you should take it as what it is.
if i pay for this or buy her that then this has absolutely no weight in the relationship because the gesture was made because I WANTED TO, how can i use that as leverage since i have never bought a gift out of pressure!?!?

are you saying that my girl/ex should be accountable for everything that i offered or paid for?! all the dinners i paid, the cinemas i invited her to, the roses i bought, the shopping spree? etc. . . . . . . .  she should be grateful and appreciate the gesture, nothing more (she can return the favor if she wishes to do so but that is completely optional).
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by sugarpp: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2010
he owes me o afterall i hv done for him shocked grin anyway i hv a creator if he messes up cool kiss
Re: Do You Think He/she Owes You Cos Of The Things You Did/are Doing? by mamagee3(f): 1:47am On Jan 14, 2010
No, nobody owes me just because of what he did for me.

(1) (Reply)

Need Nice Tour Guide / Is She Demonic Or Just A Free Giver ? / My Top 7 Tips Of Overcoming Shyness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.