Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:29 AM

Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! (6194 Views)

Yoruba Men: Why Are You Obsessed About Dating Igbo Girls / SA Young Woman Dating Igbo Man / Nigerian Lady Lists Reasons Why Igbo Men Are The Best Husbands/boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Shawnnn01: 8:42pm On May 12, 2017
Grace87:

You need to be wise. You have not been so far.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by samtol4(m): 10:16am On May 13, 2017
@op . Move on with your life . If your desire is to marry a Nigerian man ,there are still few honest one in SA .

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by luminouz(m): 12:29pm On May 13, 2017
JanuaryTempest:

But why?

OK, let me be direct with you because I think you're either desperate, gullible or brainwashed. I'm a South African woman just like you & TBH, I think people like you should have their ID books revoked. You're a threat to the security of the country. How could you wanna assist someone into breaking the laws of your country? I was reading another post of yours where you called SA men lazy. It sounded just like a sellout statement from someone looking for...what's the word? Acceptance? I can't think of a better word right now. But anyway, reading that kinda made me feel sorry for you because I imagined the conversations you must be having with this guy, putting down your own people for a man. If you could do it here, I'm sure you also do it with him. That to me is a weakness of the highest order. Sort of like you lost your identity & morphed into his in order to gain acceptance in his eyes. No man respects a woman with no identity, pride or dignity. Identity is not only about who you are but also where you come from. I'd fight & defend SA until I'm black & blue. No amount of tender feelings for another will ever make me betray her the way some of you do all in the name of "helping out". Help out for what? How are they your responsibility? Girl, you need to wake up & salvage whatever you've lost trying to fit in or be loved. Because it seems like you've lost yourself in the process of loving him & he is going to take advantage of that if you let him. I repeat, both of them are not your responsibility! SA have enough issues dealing with fake marriages as it is, don't add to that out of your selfish desires. Because I do not believe for one second that you'd be marrying him to help out as you claim, you'd be doing it out of your own self interested, foolish ways, thinking it'll gain you love or whatever it is that you're after with this man.

What a hoobla,doodla n woodla!!!!! Tempest indeed u are!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 13, 2017
luminouz:

What a hoobla,doodla n woodla!!!!! Tempest indeed u are!!!!

tongue

That's my other account lol. This one was on lockdown by the spambot. Nothing I told her was a lie though. She's just refusing to face reality, hence my being a little tough on her. Because if he dupes her, she'll be running to the authorities, forgetting that she got herself into the mess.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by luminouz(m): 12:41pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

tongue

That's my other account lol. This one was on lockdown by the spambot. Nothing I told her was a lie though. She's just refusing to see reality, hence my being a little tough on her. Because if he dupes her, she'll be running to the authorities, forgetting that she got herself into the mess.
God! Am freaking good! I knew she sounded like U n u know how I do respond to u with either blabla or harhar or something!
Back to d issue....she loves DAT guy....love is a tricky thing u know n can make u do some seemingly stupid things.....give her a break...sooner or later d guy's true colour will come out....
BTW u need to introduce me to some of your beautiful cousins other dia.....south African gehs are LIT!!! grin grin
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 13, 2017
luminouz:

God! Am freaking good! I knew she sounded like U n u know how I do respond to u with either blabla or harhar or something!
Back to d issue....she loves DAT guy....love is a tricky thing u know n can make u do some seemingly stupid things.....give her a break...sooner or later d guy's true colour will come out....
BTW u need to introduce me to some of your beautiful cousins other dia.....south African gehs are LIT!!! grin grin

Oh well. Whatever. Her life. I simply wanted her to exercise good judgment because from all angles, this situation doesn't look good & will end with her being the biggest loser. Shrugs. Lol, I don't do matchmaking. Don't wanna be blamed when things don't work out. Find your own tongue
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by luminouz(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

Oh well. Whatever. Her life. I simply wanted her to exercise good judgment because from all angles, this situation doesn't look good & will end with her being the biggest loser. Shrugs. Lol, I don't do matchmaking. Don't wanna be blamed when things don't work out. Find your own tongue
Lmaooooo! I got u there!!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Wiretransfer: 9:44am On May 18, 2017
Grace87:

lol you ppl dnt knw wat u want... wen we chase you away, you saying xenophobia...wen we try to help n accept u as our fellow africans, you still complain. wat do yall want exactly?

There's nothing wrong with you. I just think you need to disconnect from this guy emotionally. Ignore those name callers and judgmental people.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Nobody: 10:09am On May 18, 2017
JanuaryTempest:

But why?

OK, let me be direct with you because I think you're either desperate, gullible or brainwashed. I'm a South African woman just like you & TBH, I think people like you should have their ID books revoked. You're a threat to the security of the country. How could you wanna assist someone into breaking the laws of your country? I was reading another post of yours where you called SA men lazy. It sounded just like a sellout statement from someone looking for...what's the word? Acceptance? I can't think of a better word right now. But anyway, reading that kinda made me feel sorry for you because I imagined the conversations you must be having with this guy, putting down your own people for a man. If you could do it here, I'm sure you also do it with him. That to me is a weakness of the highest order. Sort of like you lost your identity & morphed into his in order to gain acceptance in his eyes. No man respects a woman with no identity, pride or dignity. Identity is not only about who you are but also where you come from. I'd fight & defend SA until I'm black & blue. No amount of tender feelings for another will ever make me betray her the way some of you do all in the name of "helping out". Help out for what? How are they your responsibility? Girl, you need to wake up & salvage whatever you've lost trying to fit in or be loved. Because it seems like you've lost yourself in the process of loving him & he is going to take advantage of that if you let him. I repeat, both of them are not your responsibility! SA have enough issues dealing with fake marriages as it is, don't add to that out of your selfish desires. Because I do not believe for one second that you'd be marrying him to help out as you claim, you'd be doing it out of your own self interested, foolish ways, thinking it'll gain you love or whatever it is that you're after with this man.

Well said ma!

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 8:38am On May 19, 2017
FEEDBACK...

I spoke with the guy...broke it off with him.

LOL

He refused to let me go, now he is saying that he married his wife to get papers...and that they haven't even signed yet..they just did the traditional wedding formalities n a white wedding to make it believable. shocked shocked

THE LIES...Are escalating all the way up. Anyhow it was so sad how he begged me not to leave him, said things like how he sees us going far and doing great things, and that he wants us to relocate to the UK or the US together...How he's 36 already an dsnt have kids, and he wants to have kids with me, promised me to introduce me to his family to show that he's serious blah blah blah!

But anyhow, I still broke it off...Told him to clear this wife issue first because im not dating or planning any future with a married man.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by tifany89(m): 3:16am On May 21, 2017
Grace87:
FEEDBACK...

LOL

He refused to let me go, now he is saying that he married his wife to get papers...and that they haven't even signed yet..they just did the traditional wedding formalities n a white wedding to make it believable. shocked shocked

THE LIES...Are escalating all the way up. Anyhow it was so sad how he begged me not to leave him, said things like how he sees us going far and doing great things, and that he wants us to relocate to the UK or the US together...How he's 36 already adsnt have kids, and he wants to have kids with me, promised me to introduce me to his family to show that he's serious blah blah blah!

But anyhow, I still broke it off...Told him to clear this wife issue first because im not dating or planning any future with a married man.
You did great. Dunno what his plans are coz from ur narratives he seems like an okay guy. Wish u all d best

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Nobody: 4:45am On May 21, 2017
Grace87:
True, I do appreciate your brutal truth. I'm smart enough...And letting him go now is exactly what I'm going to do. No matter how I feel about him. Better now than later and sorry! undecided

It is just so sad, that I thought I finally found a true companion and a friend...I was wrong!

You are not wrong lady, not 1 bit ;

Because I'm here for you .. Use your PM button...
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by obyrich(m): 4:47am On May 21, 2017
Grace87:
FEEDBACK...

LOL

THE LIES...Are escalating all the way up. Anyhow it was so sad how he begged me not to leave him, said things like how he sees us going far and doing great things, and that he wants us to relocate to the UK or the US together...How he's 36 already an dsnt have kids, and he wants to have kids with me, promised me to introduce me to his family to show that he's serious blah blah blah!

Married her to get papers? Which papers? Papers in which country? Is the wife in Lagos not a Nigerian? I don't understand o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 12:51pm On May 26, 2017
obyrich:
Married her to get papers? Which papers? Papers in which country? Is the wife in Lagos not a Nigerian? I don't understand o.
I also don knw, what papers are those...coz the wife is Nigeria. Anyway that chapter is over, we aren't together anymore, not friends...none. So he can go on, try his luck somewhere else.

And I'll go looking for another fine 9ja boy, who's not married.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by oluwashedy: 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
lalanice:
shocked your story just confused me.
E weak me too
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by obyrich(m): 1:33pm On May 26, 2017
Grace87:
I also don knw, what papers are those...coz the wife is Nigeria. Anyway that chapter is over, we aren't together anymore, not friends...none. So he can go on, try his luck somewhere else.

Look no further. I am available. Fine naija man (of course you don't need a boy), and very single! grin

Only if you fit relocate to Nigeria cos my people no dey follow woman go stay their place. grin

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 1:42pm On May 26, 2017
obyrich:
Look no further. I am available. Fine naija man (of course you don't need a boy), and very single! grin

Only if you fit relocate to Nigeria cos my people no dey follow woman go stay their place. grin
LOL...I prefer staying in South Africa...forever, I only go to other countries, when I visit for not more than 5days there.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by obyrich(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2017
Grace87:
LOL...I prefer staying in South Africa...forever, I only go to other countries, when I visit for not more than 5days there.
Don't worry, by the time I'm done with you, you'll forget you were once a South African. grin

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 26, 2017
Grace87:

You like Nigerian guys. . . grin Hmm I like the sound of that. But please tell me, why do S.A ladies like our guys so much?
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 10:33am On May 28, 2017
blackberlin:

You like Nigerian guys. . . grin Hmm I like the sound of that. But please tell me, why do S.A ladies like our guys so much?
Well i like them...cz they Bleep us good & they hv good genes. don knw about others!
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Thecassanova: 10:23pm On May 30, 2017
Grace87:
Well i like them...cz they Bleep us good & they hv good genes. don knw about others!

Where in SA are u Grace?
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by konkonbilo(m): 11:22pm On May 30, 2017
Thecassanova:

Where in SA are u Grace?
okokomaiko tongue

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2017
Thecassanova:

Where in SA are u Grace?
Midrand, Johannesburg
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Thecassanova: 10:14am On Jun 02, 2017
Grace87:
Midrand, Johannesburg
Oh wished it was close, we could have grab a coffee. I'm in Capetown. How's Jburg BTW.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by pLord: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2017
I was going to just read the thread, learn a thing or two and pass without comment until I saw this. You are not helping anyone by accepting them or been with them, I wonder the kind of Nigerian men you have met, you should know just a small % of our men need favours from foreigners. We beleive in friendship and we need true friends. Nigerians view the world as its space so we are not limited by geographical positioning.
Grace87:

lol you ppl dnt knw wat u want... wen we chase you away, you saying xenophobia...wen we try to help n accept u as our fellow africans, you still complain. wat do yall want exactly?

1 Like

Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2017
pLord:
I was going to just read the thread, learn a thing or two and pass without comment until I saw this. You are not helping anyone by accepting them or been with them, I wonder the kind of Nigerian men you have met, you should know just a small % of our men need favours from foreigners. We beleive in friendship and we need true friends. Nigerians view the world as its space so we are not limited by geographical positioning.
At this point, He has nothing to offer me, as he's married...it makes sense that I at least have something he wants...I mean why wud he still want to be with me, when he has a wife caged in Nigeria? Anyhow, I don't have bad blood against 9ja, I have many friends from different parts of Nigeria "Good people" I must say.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by pLord: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Yeah I totally understand, but just don't seem to get why he tries to keep u despite having a wife down here. Some people don't just think, why make his life so complicated when he can just be plain. Anyways how are you? U still looking for the next naija dude?
Grace87:
At this point, He has nothing to offer me, as he's married...it makes sense that I at least have something he wants...I mean why wud he still want to be with me, when he has a wife caged in Nigeria? Anyhow, I don't have bad blood against 9ja, I have many friends from different parts of Nigeria "Good people" I must say.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Marcelo290(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Grace87:
FEEDBACK...

LOL

I don't just know why am saying this, I beg to differ from others.... but i don't just think breaking up with him was the best thing to do for now...
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by Grace87(f): 9:48am On Jun 07, 2017
Marcelo290:
I don't just know why am saying this, I beg to differ from others.... but i don't just think breaking up with him was the best thing to do for now...
Honestly, I like the guy...with all of me. But it doesn't make sense for me to be with him, when he belongs to someone else. Its in violation with my beliefs, religion an morals. Otherwise he is a very good person, an I wish him all the best.
Re: Dating Igbo Men In South Africa & Confused! by akpur1(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Better run for your life he will dump you, they don't marry any tribe apart from theirs

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lady That Slept With Over 50 Men Within 30 Days. / He Cheats , She Still Stays: Is It Right Or Wrong / I Don't Want MALES To Comment On My Girlfriend's Facebook Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.