Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? (4371 Views)

Woman Accuses Her Pastor Husband Of Domestic Violence / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Nobody: 5:18am On May 12, 2017
Hobermener what if the lady is a karate black belter, would the man lose his temper any how

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by hobermener: 6:00am On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:
Hobermener what if the lady is a karate black belter, would the man lose his temper any how
cheesy grin
Neither a man nor a woman should attempt to go physical at the slightest provocation.
Like i stated earlier, i dont support domestic violence, but if a man treats a woman with so much scorn and disdain who happens to be a black belter, and she batters him, then he probably called for it and should take some of the blame.
Its also fallacious to think men easily lose their temper more than women, in fact the reverse seem to be the case as women being more emotional beings lose it easily.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Lush100(m): 6:16am On May 12, 2017
hmmm...a lot said.
man-man fight=they have eaten?/5 mins of madness.
man-woman fight= domestic violence
woman- woman fight =?
op we understand your point but that's the society we live in. remember women are weaker vessels.
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Elkay3: 6:18am On May 12, 2017
Lush100:
hmmm...a lot said.

man-man fight=they have eaten?/5 mins of madness.

man-woman fight= domestic violence

woman- woman fight =?

op we understand your point but that's the society we live in.
remember women are weaker vessels.

But women want to be treated equally not as a weaker vessels.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by eyinjuege: 7:49am On May 12, 2017
coolcatty:

Dumb comparison....... How many of such women run their dirty uncouth mouth at their boss,soldiers and policemen when aggravated?

I will never hit a woman first...but if my woman looks at me from head to toe and hits me first...I will hit her back....no time for sentiments..

I asked a specific question though simple, but seems to be way beyond your comprehension. I didn't ask about bosses, soldiers, or policemen/law enforcement. I specifically asked about strangers on the road who aggravate you. I didn't even ask about strangers who slap or even push you. I asked about those road users who swear at you including your generations unborn.
Such a simple question, and yet you've still tried to dodge it.
Using your previous examples, I know we have some crazy female bosses out there who will curse their employees and even their fathers. I wonder how many men have tried to slap such bosses.... Or even the policeman who obviously insults and annoys you...

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by somehow: 7:56am On May 12, 2017
What I stand for remains:

If you can hit me, then you can take the same.
I have also got a bad mouth too so if you go psychological, I will meet you there too.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by somehow: 7:59am On May 12, 2017
Well to get that belt, you must have gone through a lot of respect and self control trainings, black belt holders hardly use it anyhow. (Ibrahimovic etc).

Pidgin2:
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 8:10am On May 12, 2017
Hmmmm

Abuse or violence should never be accepted. If you are the victim please walk away before you become a vegetable. This goes to both genders...walk away.

OP, the physical capacity of men and women aren't on the same level biko. Don't hit back...walk away. Hitting back will cause more havoc than melted out to you... Just walk away so you could tell a justifiable story.

May there be peace in our affairs. Don't team up with troublesome people that will bring out the worst in you. Yes, we all have a beast chilling in us...don't let nobody unleash it for u. Shalom.
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 8:26am On May 12, 2017
somehow:

I have also got a bad mouth too so if you go psychological, I will meet you there too.

Dude relax...may God take away troublesome folks from your path ni. If you set out with the mindset of fire for for...may God not allow you meet someone with a death wish.

One day my dear friend and I had to use the PT at a corner busstop. There were some people waiting with us there as well. Suddenly, one driver cornered dangerous and we all had to jump the gutter behind to escape bad story. Because of the act of this driver, another driver almost hit another car too. Story long. You won't believe that after all of us moved on with our lives with the usual "SOB" curses, a particular lady wasn't done. She was so mad with all three drivers that you would think she was hit. The real culprit drove off but this lady wanted to kill the second driver to that almost hit a third on his behalf. She diesnt even know the guy she was avenging from adam.She was cursing and hit his car as if she was directly affected. Issue escalated that the second driver had to park to continue the fight with her. After the guy was persuaded to leave, the babe picked a huge stone and hauled at the moving car. The car got badly dented...guy still had to drive off. Imagine what living with that kind of woman would be like...I bet you can't be that craaazy too grin
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Viking007(m): 8:36am On May 12, 2017
somehow:

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by somehow: 8:42am On May 12, 2017
As you rightly pointed out, she was crazy and we know where crazy people live, I will only make it swift by exposing her craziness psychologically.

Women/men like that shouldn't be allowed to move freely in public, they are a danger to the society at large.
sisisioge:

Dude relax...may God take away troublesome folks from your path ni. If you set out with the mindset of fire for for...may God not allow you meet someone with a death wish.

One day my dear friend and I had to use the PT at a corner busstop. There were some people waiting with us there as well. Suddenly, one driver cornered dangerous and we all had to jump the gutter behind to escape bad story. Because of the act of this driver, another driver almost hit another car too. Story long. You won't believe that after all of us moved on with our lives with the usual "SOB" curses, a particular lady wasn't done. She was so mad with all three drivers that you would think she was hit. The real culprit drove off but this lady wanted to kill the second driver to that almost hit a third on his behalf. She diesnt even know the guy she was avenging from adam.She was cursing and hit his car as if she was directly affected. Issue escalated that the second driver had to park to continue the fight with her. After the guy was persuaded to leave, the babe picked a huge stone and hauled at the moving car. The car got badly dented...guy still had to drive off. Imagine what living with that kind of woman would be like...I bet you can't be that craaazy too grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by somehow: 8:43am On May 12, 2017
You think walking away solves anything? Its like leaving your room unswept waiting for the day the room turns clean overnight.

sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Abuse or violence should never be accepted. If you are the victim please walk away before you become a vegetable. This goes to both genders...walk away.

OP, the physical capacity of men and women aren't on the same level biko. Don't hit back...walk away. Hitting back will cause more havoc than melted out to you... Just walk away so you could tell a justifiable story.

May there be peace in our affairs. Don't team up with troublesome people that will bring out the worst in you. Yes, we all have a beast chilling in us...don't let nobody unleash it for u. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by hobermener: 8:55am On May 12, 2017
somehow:
You think walking away solves anything? Its like leaving your room unswept waiting for the day the room turns clean overnight.

Epic!!!
They scream walk away like you solve all your problems in life by simply walking away
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 9:18am On May 12, 2017
eyinjuege:

I asked a specific question though simple, but seems to be way beyond your comprehension. I didn't ask about bosses, soldiers, or policemen/law enforcement. I specifically asked about strangers on the road who aggravate you. I didn't even ask about strangers who slap or even push you. I asked about those road users who swear at you including your generations unborn.
Such a simple question, and yet you've still tried to dodge it.
Using your previous examples, I know we have some crazy female bosses out there who will curse their employees and even their fathers. I wonder how many men have tried to slap such bosses.... Or even the policeman who obviously insults and annoys you...

Of course, he would be gentle.
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by somehow: 9:39am On May 12, 2017
Some of the options people give are so lame and unsustainable.

You keep slapping me and I keep walking away, with time it turns to a habit and doesn't change.
hobermener:

Epic!!!
They scream walk away like you solve all your problems in life by simply walking away

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Funnyguy83: 10:59pm On May 12, 2017
optional1:
op wait till one beast punch ur sister in the face..

Lets see if you will blame her or the man....

No matter what a lady do to piss you off never rise your hands on her.. There are one million and one ways to punish her order than punching her...

#Real_men_dont _touch_a_woman.
please dear what are those ways , I want to learn so I don't beat them ? all my life I have been hearing this , please tell me .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by nkwuocha1: 11:17pm On May 12, 2017
I think we men should learn to speak up like the women do. Some women can bring out the beast in some men though (not me) with their uncouth mouth. Domestic violence cut across all genders, but the women suffers it more.

I still insist that a man that hits a woman is a coward.I prefer to walk away from an abusive relationship than hit a woman. Im too big to lower myself to such despicable animal. Easy! Drive to her parents place and take back my bride price.

I also will not condone any bastard hitting my sister. Same way I won't allow myself beat up my wife.
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by optional1(f): 11:42pm On May 12, 2017
Funnyguy83:
please dear what are those ways , I want to learn so I don't beat them ? all my life I have been hearing this , please tell me .

lolz.
whenever she pissed u off
1. Don't eat her food.. When she cook and serve it tell her you not hungry
2. Don't touch not even hug or peck not to talk of kiss nd sex.
3. Go out without her knowing where you heading to
4. Don't come back home too early.. Go home late in the night btw 10pm-12am
5. Bring in ur ex to come visit u guys and spend time with that ex

just do only 2 out of this 5 here i ur woman will come begging on her kneels...
This are the basic things we ladies hate the most..

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Aquariann: 2:14am On May 13, 2017
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

He walked away but she waited for him to come back to finish him off.

https://www.nairaland.com/2912463/yewande-fatoki-husband-killer-pictures

This one didn't let him walk away the first time https://www.nairaland.com/3666810/woman-stabs-husband-death-over

Same with this one https://www.nairaland.com/3794298/wife-aba-stabs-husband-death

And this too https://www.nairaland.com/3318301/woman-stabs-husband-death-ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Aquariann: 2:50am On May 13, 2017
We can keep denying, but the fact remains that a good number of women (case study: Nigerian) are generally violent and abusive. If you want to see how physically abusive a woman can be, watch how she punishes (other people's) kids and other people generally smaller than herself. This is because they know these ones can't right back.

The main reason most women restrain from hitting their husbands when provoked is because of the realization that the man is physically stronger than her. But ones they realize even with his size, their hubby won't hit them, they let go off their senses. Far too many men are being abused by their wives yet we pretend as if it doesn't, while also ostracizing any man who voice out spousal abuse. Case point, Nairaland and OAP Freeze

Like someone mentioned, no one, male or female has the right to hit anyone no matter what. If as a lady you hit a man first, don't be surprised to wake up on a hospital bed.

Everyone has a bit of savageness in them, keeping yours in check all the time makes you a responsible person. Man or woman.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 2:50am On May 13, 2017
Aquariann:

He walked away but she waited for him to come back to finish him off.

https://www.nairaland.com/2912463/yewande-fatoki-husband-killer-pictures

This one didn't let him walk away the first time https://www.nairaland.com/3666810/woman-stabs-husband-death-over

Same with this one https://www.nairaland.com/3794298/wife-aba-stabs-husband-death

And this too https://www.nairaland.com/3318301/woman-stabs-husband-death-ibadan

Hmmmm...I meant RUN AWAY! It is well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Nobody: 4:39am On May 13, 2017
KhalDroggo:
Unfortunately, people like you only learn from experience. So my wish for you is that your mother, daughter, sister, aunt, in short all the females in your life, experience the kind of violence you are condoning. Let's see how "understanding" you would be under those circumstances

U r an asslicker. A disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by hobermener: 6:58am On May 13, 2017
sisisioge:

Hmmmm...I meant RUN AWAY! It is well.
Run away? Are you serious?
So as a man you spend your whole life running away from women wherever you find them cos they turn out to be abusive Our world has lost it completely!!!
Mr, God designed the man to be the HEAD, whether those feminists like it or not!!!
Pray you don't even get entangled in a crazy relationship where you try to run away, but the woman grabs a hold of you in public smashing your face with hot slaps while spewing invectives at you at the same time. Some women can be evil, pure evil and i mean it!!
No matter how calm a man might be, he has a beastly side quietly residing in him, which can be unearthed by a crazy person, man or woman alike.
Freeze claimed his wife battered his mom who was slowly recoving from cancer treatment right in front of him. How many people believed him If you were in that position what would you do?? Pick you mom and run away from your own house Because as a man you should always run from crazy women

A video footage appeared of a south African girl who was beating her own son mercilessly, a child who has no knowledge of right and wrong, and who certainly couldn't have offended her. As a father if you happen to bump into such a scene what would you do Oh i get it!! Take to the advice of those foolish men and women on social media and runaway, leaving your baby and the abusive mama behind right
This madness and double standards have to stop at once!!!
Where is lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 8:22am On May 13, 2017
hobermener:

Run away? Are you serious?
So as a man you spend your whole life running away from women wherever you find them cos they turn out to be abusive Our world has lost it completely!!!
Mr, God designed the man to be the HEAD, whether those feminists like it or not!!!
Pray you don't even get entangled in a crazy relationship where you try to run away, but the woman grabs a hold of you in public smashing your face with hot slaps while spewing invectives at you at the same time. Some women can be evil, pure evil and i mean it!!
No matter how calm a man might be, he has a beastly side quietly residing in him, which can be unearthed by a crazy person, man or woman alike.
Freeze claimed his wife battered his mom who was slowly recoving from cancer treatment right in front of him. How many people believed him If you were in that position what would you do?? Pick you mom and run away from your own house Because as a man you should always run from crazy women

A video footage appeared of a south African girl who was beating her own son mercilessly, a child who has no knowledge of right and wrong, and who certainly couldn't have offended her. As a father if you happen to bump into such a scene what would you do Oh i get it!! Take to the advice of those foolish men and women on social media and runaway, leaving your baby and the abusive mama behind right
This madness and double standards have to stop at once!!!
Where is lalasticlala

Everybody keeps trying to justice violence against women in one way or the other, yet my advocate is against both gender abuse. Dude, may God take troublesome folks away from your path. Surely, instinct and experience must have thought you one or two things about dispute resolution without bringing on violence. Just like you would gently resolve the conflict between yourself and a mosquito perching on your balls , there are several ways to resolve issues without violence.
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by hobermener: 10:45am On May 13, 2017
sisisioge:

Everybody keeps trying to justice violence against women in one way or the other, yet my advocate is against both gender abuse.
Quit being sentimentall! from all the posts I've read, no one is trying to justify violence against women. On the contrary, most men are asking that there be no form of violence from either of the sexes directed at the other. The women, simply put justify violence againt men with the often touted saying "real men should never touch women regardless of what they do" "a man should always run away from an agressive woman or agressive relationship" that's where the irritating double standard kicks in!!

sisisioge:

Dude, may God take troublesome folks away from your path.
I say an amen to that. Came across a couple of troublesome people in the past, and still having to deal with some at the moment. Im naturally phlegmatic and introverted and would love to avoid physical confrontation from women and men alike, but if pushed beyond my limits (which could be quite difficult because it takes a lot to get me to that point) i could lose my cool and act irrationally and shouldn't take the whole blame for what happened.

sisisioge:

Surely, instinct and experience must have thought you one or two things about dispute resolution without bringing on violence. Just like you would gently resolve the conflict between yourself and a mosquito perching on your balls , there are several ways to resolve issues without violence.
Agreed but like I've always maintained, everyone has a breaking point where irrationality sets in! Again, not to hold brief for men accused of domestic violence - its often perceived that they lack self control and simple dispute resolution skills, but that's fallacious to say the least. What happens if every avenue at brokering peace with an offensive spouse has been exhausted yet she only intensifies her aggressive behavior? Even jesus christ when pushed beyond his limits 'violently' threw the table of the changers and merchants in the house of God out! I stand to be corrected! And in no where else in the bible was violence ever again recorded about the person of christ. Moses was reckoned to be the meekest man in the bible who spoke to God face to face, when pushed beyond his limits, he did the unthinkable, blatantly disobeying God's instructions.
Men are only who they are -men! And should not be held to Godlike standards. The women should learn to know and respect their place, and i trust society then, would be better off.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by YourCoffin: 11:11am On May 13, 2017
sisisioge:

Everybody keeps trying to justice violence against women in one way or the other, yet my advocate is against both gender abuse. Dude, may God take troublesome folks away from your path. Surely, instinct and experience must have thought you one or two things about dispute resolution without bringing on violence. Just like you would gently resolve the conflict between yourself and a mosquito perching on your balls , there are several ways to resolve issues without violence.

There is no way to resolve voilence without voilence. Enough with all this wishful thinkings. Hate those who hate you. Love those who love you. Kill those who want to kill you. That's the secret to long life and prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 11:13am On May 13, 2017
YourCoffin:

There is no way to resolve voilence without voilence. Enough with all this wishful thinkings. Hate those who hate you. Love those who love you. Kill those who want to kill you. That's the secret to long life and prosperity.

OK o, I wish you good luck killing the mosquito that perched on your balls with hate. After all, its already ditching you hate by being on your balls in the first place...biko smash it grin
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by sisisioge: 11:18am On May 13, 2017
hobermener:

Quit being sentimentall! from all the posts I've read, no one is trying to justify violence against women. On the contrary, most men are asking that there be no form of violence from either of the sexes directed at the other. The women, simply put justify violence againt men with the often touted saying[b] "real men should never touch women" "a man should always run away from an agressive woman or agressive relationship"[/b] that's where the irritating double standard kicks in!!

I say an amen to that. Came across a couple of troublesome people in the past, and still having to deal with some at the moment. Im naturally phlegmatic and introverted and would love to avoid physical confrontation from women and men alike, but if pushed beyond my limits (which could be quite difficult because it takes a lot to get me to that point) i could lose my cool and act irrationally and shouldn't take the whole blame for what happened.

Agreed but like I've always maintained, everyone has a breaking point where irrationality sets in! Again, not to hold brief for men accused of domestic violence - its often perceived that they lack self control and simple dispute resolution skills, but that's fallacious to say the least

Well done...it can only be well where violence is only read in the books. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by YourCoffin: 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
sisisioge:

OK o, I wish you good luck killing the mosquito that perched on your balls with hate. After all, its already ditching you hate by being on your balls in the first place...biko smash it grin

I will smash it. I will only be hurt for some minutes and the mosquito will die forever undecided It's a small price to pay for life

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by bukatyne(f): 12:44pm On May 13, 2017
coolcatty:

And how many women run their putrid mouth on their female bosses?...female soldiers and policemen?...heck they don't even run their mouth at their tailors and hair stylist..so why run it on their husband that provides for them?

it's just like my wife now,running her mouth at me when I know and have witnessed how she is so so scared of her immediate boss..even stammers when she answers his calls.....a small boy that is not my mate in anything academically and financially...then tomorrow society expects me to walk away when she hits me.....who will pay for my emotional and psychological trauma?

Take time and go through what the OP posted...most of u just comment whatever u think will help u garner likes from ignorant people..... Bet u are not married....never being in a relationship sef..........the society is just moroniic and tends to support a woman even when she denigrates her husband......I have friends that have very provocative women as wives...mwomen with no iota of respect for their husband....just running their ungrateful tap they call a mouth.....causing immense emotional and psychological trauma to the man.....men suffer domestic violence too.

And if any if my female relations raise her hands first to hit her husband,I will regard the man as the biggest fooool on earth if he doesn't retaliate.

Rubbish... What lousy morals are we teaching our young ones self?

@bold:

How many men slap their female bosses and colleagues after years of disrespecting them?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by bukatyne(f): 12:48pm On May 13, 2017
somehow:
Some of the options people give are so lame and unsustainable.

You keep slapping me and I keep walking away, with time it turns to a habit and doesn't change.

Are we talking of a woman hitting a man or 'running' her mouth tearing down his 'ego'?
Re: Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? by Blissquare(f): 1:54pm On May 13, 2017
Op has a point but I think he genuinely doesn't knw muach about the men that beat their wives regularly. The typ that wld say the food is tasteless and throw the soup and glass plate at you. The real bullies that beat for the slightest reasons. It is hard for a woman to bully a man who she courted b4 marrying except the guy is a real fool. For women, it is different. After marriage, he starts having unreasonable expectations.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. / ##### Cash Giveaway (Easter Edition): 5k Each For 8 People / I Love This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.