Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience (32246 Views)

Have You Ever Been In A Physical Fight Before? Share Your Experience! / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Woman Cries After Been Duped Of Her ATM Card In Bank (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by flyca: 7:13pm On May 13, 2017
Suko110:

Give us full story nah grin
Go back to page 1 grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by ikombe: 7:13pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
I've been scammed several times just because I like helping others.
I met a young boy on fb claiming he is an ophan and needed help from me to pay his school fees in Naija. The boy blocked me after sending him 80k. Na den I know say na scam.
I was lucky he blocked me because because if he had asked more money from me I would have continued helping him.
Tecno cx air is my dream phone, but no money to buy cry

Buy am for me i swear i no go block you grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by obinna58(m): 7:15pm On May 13, 2017
Yes av been a victim

Buhari is the scammer

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by obinna58(m): 7:17pm On May 13, 2017
Anyway people are being scammed every weekend in the church

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by LegalBaby(f): 7:18pm On May 13, 2017
Nina4u:
Sure I have.. Hilarious reading... My inbox with a fb love scammer ibo guy might I add.. Ahh I was inlove but not stupid http://nina4uuu..com/2014/01/facebook-scammer.html?m=1
shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:20pm On May 13, 2017
Adeoba10:
.... During my 2nd year on campus, i wanted to change my phone, so i went to computer village.... I saw this guy with my desired phone n i approachee him, after negotiating, i said he should follow me to the atm stand so dat i can withdraw some cash, (whereas, my aim was for him to leave his colleagues so that they wouldn't robb me) on our way to the atm i just dipped my hand in my pocket and gave him his money n i collected my phone. Brethren, wahala..... On getting home, this sliding phone just pafuka, na paper cellotape and copper wire they used gab the panel together..... Since 2011 e still dey pain me
Lolz I guess it wasn't funny then.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by emmyhumble(m): 7:21pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
I met a young boy on fb claiming he is an ophan and needed help from me to pay his school fees in Naija. The boy blocked me after sending him 80k. Na den I know say na scam.
I was lucky he blocked me because because if he had asked more money from me I would have continued helping him.

You see this life ba and the type of me that need help genuely with my school fee can get help from people Like you again just because of people like that boy. Man make man to be wicked in deed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by oviepuege(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2017
I lost 150k 2 bitcoins

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by kinibigdeal(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:

Please i need 80k for school fees
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by donifez(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2017
celestialAgent:
Like if you are a victim of MMM lipsrsealed
walahi. You no well.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 13, 2017
Jumia and konga .com are full of scammers. Dy advitised authentic items online and ship fake products to you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Dolypson04(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2017
This post came on point. Late last year, I met a guy in WhatsApp group who claim to sell Bitcoin. I made a payment of #8300 and late he claimed to have sent the Bitcoin. To cut the long story short, he sent 4k after a friend who speaks Hausa spoke to him. I forgot about the balance. Surprisingly early this morning, he called and asked if I still remember his name. He apologized and asked if I will take 2k from my money and forgive him genuinely and forget about the balance. I was impressed and asked him that I will be okay with the 2k. He sent it some mins after.
If you are reading this, I have truly forgiven you and I know God has forgiven you as well. Go and scam no more!
Modified

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by kinibigdeal(m): 7:24pm On May 13, 2017
Well, mine was on Nairaland by those idiot data reseller. I lost just 3k

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Freethought(m): 7:24pm On May 13, 2017
I'm only a little above 30yrs old and iv only been scammed once but that once, its a day I will never forget.....

Like one decade ago, I was a student in one polythecnic in ogun state but I also work as a security officer at lafarge ewekoro just to get some extra dou cos I came from an average background.. I worked from 7pm till 7am everyday and attend classes, mostly 8am till 4pm.

Well, fast forward to the end of the first month, it was a lovely morning I woke up to cos I already knew I was gonna be paid that day. I decided not to attend class that day, just to sleep at home till I receive alert.. Lo and behold, at exactly 10am on that tuesday mornin, I got a 21k credit balance in my UBA savings account. After a long thought of what to do with my first salary as a student, I came up with the conclusion of going to sango ota to get few clothes for my self and also get foodstuffs( as I no longer have foodstuff at home)..

With excitement, I ran to the nearest ATM port, withdrew my 21k, stopped a bus and headed straight to sango otta.

Alightin at the last bus stop, I decided to work down to where I was gonna gt foodstuffs first... On my way, I met some guys shouting, looks like they were advertising something... Guy1: how much is it? Guy2: its just 1k naira Guy1sadremoved 1k naira from his pocket and handed it over to the 2nd guy) Oya give me ..Guy2: (hands over a phone to the 1st guy)... All this happened in less than 1minutes, I slowed down to see what they were doing and a guy ran to me and said " we are doing promo and with just 1k, you can even win a blackberry bold 2"... That BB bold2 caught my attention cos only a handful of student in my school use it, so I moved closer to them. The next thing I remember was that I started begging them to at least give me the sim in my nokia touchlite if they won't give me back my money. I was duped in less than 90seconds, I don't knw how but I remember vividly that one man gave me #500 to go back home when I was crying by the road side..

Its a day I will never forget!

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by pastie(m): 7:27pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
you are such a kind hearted, please never allow those wicked spoil your generous heart.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 13, 2017
I was duped by mmm, lost my hard earned 20,000 naira in this recession.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Michellla(f): 7:28pm On May 13, 2017
Said and done.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by chubbygal(f): 7:28pm On May 13, 2017
Yessoooo I foolishly paid 20k into an account in the name of job

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Mcowubaba: 7:29pm On May 13, 2017
muller101:
Yes. From a popular nairaland mod
Which 1?
Name?

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 13, 2017
iamexcelblog:
Yea sure. Nigerians are the worst set of human beings to ever meet online or do business with. I have been scammed uncountable times that I can't just recall. Why they keep on scamming me is not because I am stupid or not smart.. Never. Rather, they prey on my weakness for humanity and turn it to evil.

All things being equal, Lalasticlala and Seun and Mynd44... Thanks a lot to you guys for pushing this to front page because I have a website I want to report.

This website named paperback-limited dot com scammed a family friend and our village minister to the tune of 6 million. This fraudulent website went and cloned the original site which is paperbackpaper dot co dot uk.

As am typing this, they are still online scamming Nigerians. To the owners of those website, we know you.

Already all of you will die by accident before the year runs out. The man you scammed is currently running BP and is almost wishing for death.

[b]These are the type of useless set of charlatans and iddiots Nigerians look up to and hail as those who have made it! People like e money dem.. Huss puppi or whatever the morons answer.
They always upload their rooms that is made of Gold and always make you feel like you have not made it in life. But if you see the terrible evil these criminals commit? You will marvel. They are always "balling"! But trace their source of income? NOTHING! The only answer is FRAUD AND CRIMINALITY! These set of boys and youths operate on INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.

They monitor emails and divert the money. You will think you are speaking with the company you are dealing with but you wont know that these boys are monitoring the conversations and are waiting for the time of payment.. So that they will delete the original account number the company you are dealing with gave you and then send you a bogus account number! If you are a Nigerian reading this and you have a foreign company you are dealing with and they are hurrying you up for payment or they lower the prices of goods, chances ARE THAT YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED! Verify all transaction diligently and thoroughly. Even when you receive an account number, visit the original website of the company you are dealing with and call the phone number their for verification of account.

REMEMBER AGAIN, ALWAYS USE SCAMADVISER DOT COM TO ALWAYS CHECK UP WEBSITES YOU ARE DEALING WITH. CHANCES ARE THAT THOSE WEBSITES WERE LAUNCHED YESTERDAY AND ARE UPLOADING PICTURES OF BOGUS GOODS AND LOW PRICES TO ATTRACT PREYS. TRUST ME ON THIS!

Funny enough, these fools rob people of their livelihood in this recession and still come online to shout

"Thank You Jesus!"

You think you can deceive God? Never. Galatians 6:7 comes to mind.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. Whatever a man sows, so shall he reap."

To all the worthless and useless yahoo boys deceiving themselves that the white people did worse.. Continue.. Inugo? Your days are numbered.

To all the worthless and disgusting pig of girls dating these foools and call them hustlers.. Continue too ok? Remember that what goes around comes around.

You are dating a Yahoo Yahoo boy or G Boy as it is called. You are very much aware of what he does and that people are being robbed and killed to maintain you. He buys you Iphone 7 and the latest human hair. You still come online to;

"THANK GOD FOR ALL HIS MERCIES?"

You deceive yourself that your boyfriend is a hustler and that the white people did worse? Are you aware that by 2070... Chances that you reading this, is still on earth is 0%? What then happens to all the slay kings and slay mamas that are dead by then?

A word is enough for the wise. To the owners of that website named paperback-limited owned by somebody from one region I will not mention for obvious reasons... Continue ok? You ripped a family Friend and a close confidant and loved one of all his savings running into millions... Be very much aware that the eyes of God is on you. Be Afraid. Be Worried Because you and your generation will die soon. Deceive yourself that you have done others and nothing has been happening. This is your full cup. Even if the whole world begs for you to be forgiven on the last day... I HAVE SWORN WITH MY SOUL BEFORE GOD THAT ALL OF YOU THAT SHARED THAT MONEY MUST PERISH IN HELL. I SEAL IT WITH MY BLOOD!
bro. Some people are just so heartless, ruining others lives just to better theirs.

I wasn't really scammed, i was robbed. On October 2012, i drove my father's car to go shopping, i went to d bank first to withdraw 180k, i left 120k in the car then entered d market, just to come back and find the car glass down and my money gone!.

I'm still finding a good juju man because I must deal with those thieves.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by muller101(m): 7:32pm On May 13, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Which 1?
Name?
name begins with an alphabet and terminates with a number. Figure that out

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Orpe7(m): 7:34pm On May 13, 2017
Yes by some miscreants who claim to be bereau de change sellers along alade market.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2017
brunofarad:
Scammers have made doing GENUINE ONLINE BUISNESS IN NIGERIA a Herculean task .

Dahs d problem am facing in mine sef

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by nerovito(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2017
Bros I Don laugh tire...asin e dey always b like film trick ni

Freethought:
I'm only a little above 30yrs old and iv only been scammed once but that once, its a day I will never forget.....

Like one decade ago, I was a student in one polythecnic in ogun state but I also work as a security officer at lafarge ewekoro just to get some extra dou cos I came from an average background.. I worked from 7pm till 7am everyday and attend classes, mostly 8am till 4pm.

Well, fast forward to the end of the first month, it was a lovely morning I woke up to cos I already knew I was gonna be paid that day. I decided not to attend class that day, just to sleep at home till I receive alert.. Lo and behold, at exactly 10am on that tuesday mornin, I got a 21k credit balance in my UBA savings account. After a long thought of what to do with my first salary as a student, I came up with the conclusion of going to sango ota to get few clothes for my self and also get foodstuffs( as I no longer have foodstuff at home)..

With excitement, I ran to the nearest ATM port, withdrew my 21k, stopped a bus and headed straight to sango otta.

Alightin at the last bus stop, I decided to work down to where I was gonna gt foodstuffs first... On my way, I met some guys shouting, looks like they were advertising something... Guy1: how much is it? Guy2: its just 1k naira Guy1sadremoved 1k naira from his pocket and handed it over to the 2nd guy) Oya give me ..Guy2: (hands over a phone to the 1st guy)... All this happened in less than 1minutes, I slowed down to see what they were doing and a guy ran to me and said " we are doing promo and with just 1k, you can even win a blackberry bold 2"... That BB bold2 caught my attention cos only a handful of student in my school use it, so I moved closer to them. The next thing I remember was that I started begging them to at least give me the sim in my nokia touchlite if they won't give me back my money. I was duped in less than 90seconds, I don't knw how but I remember vividly that one man gave me #500 to go back home when I was crying by the road side..

Its a day I will never forget!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Sparkle777(f): 7:37pm On May 13, 2017
I ve been scammed by friends, relatives and lovers.
Ngozi Eboh scammed me, Coker scammed me, Yam scammed me, Obinna,hmmm, scammed me. And few others. I ve learnt my lessons and guess what? I ve forgiven ALL of you ijn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Mcowubaba: 7:39pm On May 13, 2017
muller101:
name begins with an alphabet and terminates with a number. Figure that out
Haa a...

Baba, more than 5 moderators have that type of name, with the most popular being My.nd.4.4 shocked shocked shocked

Haba, I can't believe this without serious substantial Empical evidence..

Hope you're not calling Ban a Scam grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by timmykaydude: 7:39pm On May 13, 2017
shinarlaura:
Yes. My account was empty because of that. I felt sick

I will never forget that experience. sad
ohh!! How did it happened?
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by fuckboys: 7:41pm On May 13, 2017
I've not been scammed before, but I've lost my phone twice inside the bus. I don't know how this bastards do it lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 13, 2017
GeoSpatial:
Scammed ke, anytime I see people making ungodly moves toward me, I quickly run to google to check if I will find anything to use to fired them and in the absence of access to Internet, I put them on pending

But

There was a day around Dec 2012, I think the last Sunday to Christmas, I have saved enough for the Christmas clothes and gifts only for this guy from nowhere that day to use raw juju to collect it from me. Mind you, he didn't dip his hand into pocket o and I did not hand it over to him but he just touch me and everything disappeared.
Hahahahaha
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by sonmvayina(m): 7:42pm On May 13, 2017
Mine was here on nairaland...I contacted the guy positing about having the results of some fixed games that are sure to win enter..we agreed for 10k..the guy sent me his account number, and I paid in 5k first..next he sends me a code....i l played with 3k, hoping to hammer...not even one entered..i called him, he refused to answer..i just fash the guy...hungry man..his name is samuel...

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by muller101(m): 7:44pm On May 13, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Haa a...

Baba more than 5 moderators have that type of name, with the most popular being My.nd.4.4 shocked shocked shocked

Haba, I can't believe this without serious substantial Empical evidence..

Hope you're not calling Ban a Scam grin
the award goes to the most popular mod using that Monika format I stated earlier on.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Donbosco46: 7:45pm On May 13, 2017
Which scam wey pass MMM i was among those they scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Couple Killed Along With Others By Fulani Herdsmen In Taraba. Graphic Photos / Malaysian Man Arrested In Lagos Over €250m Fraud (Photos) / Nigerian Man Nabbed At Indian Airport For ‘Black Dollar Scam'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.