Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,610 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience (32264 Views)

Have You Ever Been In A Physical Fight Before? Share Your Experience! / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Woman Cries After Been Duped Of Her ATM Card In Bank (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2017
WIZGUY69:

They need to flog you for being silly..
You know someone is still a fraudster, and you still send him money.. grin what do you expect in return?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 13, 2017
tgmservice:
They just scammed me today i go buy fake 8g flash for 1,200 nothing they enta d flash
You sef

You suppose sabi say na scam lol. 8GB for 1200??

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 13, 2017
seuncyrus:

Bro If You're really serious about getting the guy and not just some leave him to God kind of people, you can still get him. I hate scammers and the bad names they give to hard working Nigerians.

I've checked out the site and the guy is truly a Nigerian but using a fake name, You can report him to his Hosting company that the site is being used for fraudulent activities and they'll take the site down( they can even help you track him). To be honest, the site doesn't really look like a clone of the original one, but it still looks shady. I don't know if you're a tech guy but there's a simple way u can get his info like the pic below. The guy is a really foolish guy that can't even hide his tracks (Ps: i blurred out some of the info)

Please can you help me with that phone number and the blurred parts? An investigation is already on but I need all I can get too. Tanks.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by UncleJudax(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2017
smithsydny:
nawa o. Since am not a scammer I need EPP. Can I get?
How we go take know say you no be scammer?
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 13, 2017
UncleJudax:

How we go take know say you no be scammer?

u fit search my moniker wella
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by stevecantrell: 11:04pm On May 13, 2017
Gazettemovement:
Jumia and konga .com are full of scammers. Dy advitised authentic items online and ship fake products to you

So pay on delivery is effectively a scam also.

I usually tear up the packing before paying
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Flawlessangel(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
I've been scammed several times just because I like helping others.
I met a young boy on fb claiming he is an ophan and needed help from me to pay his school fees in Naija. The boy blocked me after sending him 80k. Na den I know say na scam.
I was lucky he blocked me because because if he had asked more money from me I would have continued helping him.

I know u had a bad experience b4 but please can u assist me in recording 2 songs for a music competition? I got great songs but no money to record them in a quality studio... To be sure am telling the truth , you could even pay for the recording sessions yourself and call me to come record it in whatever studio you choose..... See I believe so much in my talent and am gonna pay u back ten fold for this.... Just help me record these 2 songs so I can secure this record deal

Please reply if you are willing to help reply me and ignore if u aren't... Either way God bless you and your family
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
I met a young boy on fb claiming he is an ophan and needed help from me to pay his school fees in Naija. The boy blocked me after sending him 80k. Na den I know say na scam.
I was lucky he blocked me because because if he had asked more money from me I would have continued helping him.

your kindness is commendable.

it's not like I need help, or I'm going to die. But you'll do my world/life/career a lot of good if you can extend your milk of kindness to me.
And yes I'm a university student. And yes my account balance is less than lala's jamb score!
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by armadeo(m): 11:52pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
I'll add u on whatsapp. Pls don't bug me cause if u do I'll block u.

You will get mad mentions by morning.

Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by lampard01(m): 12:09am On May 14, 2017
Tracyomo:
I'll add u on whatsapp. Pls don't bug me cause if u do I'll block u.

You are a really good person. I'd like to be friends with you... I don't need anything from you. I just want to be friends with a good person. I checked your profile so I think it's important to mention that I am a Christian. I don't wanna drop my phone number here but if there is any other way to go about it....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by peterbello(m): 12:14am On May 14, 2017
Tracyomo, Mother Christmas, wehdone má. Imagine how people are trooping to get help from you. You should start a charity organization or assist MMM to pay their debtors.
But how are we sure you are not trying to scam people with your gist too. Cos some scams actually start like that.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by chijohn42k2(m): 12:19am On May 14, 2017
emmaokw:
I've been scammed severely than I can recall, not because I'm greedy but because i trust people too much....

Now i wonder if I can succeed as a business man, because my boss always say and I quote "Business is done on distrust. If u trust everyone that comes your way, u are bound to fail"

The only set of people I don't trust is women. I'm sorry

God help me
the same thing that affect me till now,for instance, some friends will come I need these I need that without finding out if it is true or not Nigerians can lie with confidence just to collect from someone for that moment.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Gkemz: 12:26am On May 14, 2017
olafunny:
Have you ever, in one time of your life, been duped by known or unknown person(s)? Share your experience so others could learn.

Mine:
I met this guy on Facebook who claimed he could run admission stuff for me. As a credulous human being, i believed he could. We eventually became online friends and started chatting on whatsapp. He shared me with some of the people he had successfully gotten the admission for. I didn't know they were his accomplices. They played the game so well that i was made to pay 20000 upfront and 30000 would be paid after the admission is secured. After i made the payment, they stayed online for few days and gone thereafter. I was blocked on whatsapp by all of then and they wouldn't pick my calls again. That was in 2009 though.

Share yours!

But there wasn't anything like whatsapp as at that time 2009. If u had mentioned any other social media, I'd have believed you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by dammmy(m): 12:41am On May 14, 2017
I was scammed for the very first time in my life abt 3month ago...I needed money to pay my school fees so i decided to sell my phone unfortunately for me about this time my fone(InfinizZero2) became faulty so i decided to sell it as part on Jiji...
Few days before portal closes this guy called me says he is caling from portharcourt that he is interested in buying the screen we agreed on 12K...so i enquire how did he plan to get it he said if i can possibly send it via travel agency that he will send my money through at first i was not so sure i want to make such a deal with a someone from that part of the country and i told him that too he then calm my tension claiming he will never do such that he is a good man that he understand my fears that he is a good christian a Jehovah withness that he works offshore gas company,claiming he can't just find the screen around...As fate will have it i was making a short trip home then i met this young man who was actually from portharcourt we both sat how beside the driver in front we were discussing about the state of the nation then his phone rang and he talked abt returning to portharcourt in few days time so i asked if he could help me out and deliver a message to someone and he said no problem...That was how i send the screen to him after he confirms having the screen with him he had being shunning my calls he only picks when i use a strange number. i just have to get over it cos after that incident alot of people kept calling
His name and phone number Abraham Joseph 08033338804

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by afeezzezo: 12:53am On May 14, 2017
Tracyomo:

Woow cool you like helping peeps! Help me too i want to sub wink
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Hawlahscho(m): 2:02am On May 14, 2017
Tracyomo:

And, have you stopped helping people or I should go ahead and prepare my application letter?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:28am On May 14, 2017
I have been scammed 12 good times; all by my supposed friends but I swore the 12th one would be the last because that wrecked me completely and I had to start from square one. 2014, One uche from arochuku abia state (who I have rendered financial assistance to uncountable times even when it was not convenient for me) told me he had a BLCO mandate and that he needs about 10 million to facilitate his first trade and promised to pay back any willing investor with interest within 2 weeks. Later on he begged and offered me 30% share of the profit realised from the trade if I can help him source for the funds to facilitate the trade. I thought it was a genuine offer, so I took it upon myself and took him to about three banks where I have friends but they were skeptical about the whole idea and I was even warned that it was a scam but I was hell bent on helping him out of poverty. About that period, I got my US green card and I decided to sell my property on chevron drive lekki so I can give him the money hoping I will get my money back within two weeks as he initially promised. I even gave him my car, a 2005 Honda end of discussion with the hope that it will encourage him to put in everything he has to make the business work in my absence. Behold immediately I touched the US, he transferred the 1o million naira I gave him from the company account we opened into his private account and that was it. The rest is now history, he completely changed and refused to tell me what he did with the money. All he could say when I asked his for my money was "please be patient I will pay you". March 2017 made it the third year and I hear he is back to his poverty stricken lifestyle. He has even sold the car I gave him and now go about on foot. I wanted to get him arrested when I found out he scammed me but I thought about the good times we had when I was in nigeria, his wife and kids and i decided to let it go. One thing is for sure, I will never again in my life have any financial dealings with anybody from Nigeria and the east in particular because all they want is to steal your money. Who knows, he could have poisoned me If I was still in nigeria so he can have the company to himself. He knows he will never in his life meet anybody like me again, and he will remain in poverty until he dies.

19 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by 9japrof(m): 4:02am On May 14, 2017
Xda59:
I have been scammed 12 good times; all by my supposed friends but I swore the 12th one would be the last because that wrecked me completely and I had to start from square one. 2014, One uche from arochuku abia state (who I have rendered financial assistance to uncountable times even when it was not convenient for me) told me he had a BLCO mandate and that he needs about 10 million to facilitate his first trade and promised to pay back any willing investor with interest within 2 weeks. Later on he begged and offered me 30% share of the profit realised from the trade if I can help him source for the funds to facilitate the trade. I thought it was a genuine offer, so I took it upon myself and took him to about three banks where I have friends but they were skeptical about the whole idea and I was even warned that it was a scam but I was hell bent on helping him out of poverty. About that period, I got my US green card and I decided to sell my property on chevron drive lekki so I can give him the money hoping I will get my money back within two weeks as he initially promised. I even gave him my car, a 2005 Honda end of discussion with the hope that it will encourage him to put in everything he has to make the business work in my absence. Behold immediately I touched the US, he transferred the 1o million naira I gave him from the company account we opened into his private account and that was it. The rest is now history, he completely changed and refused to tell me what he did with the money. All he could say when I asked his for my money was "please be patient I will pay you". March 2017 made it the third year and I hear he is back to his poverty stricken lifestyle. He has even sold the car I gave him and now go about on foot. I wanted to get him arrested when I found out he scammed me but I thought about the good times we had when I was in nigeria, his wife and kids and i decided to let it go. One thing is for sure, I will never again in my life have any financial dealings with anybody from Nigeria and the east in particular because all they want is to steal your money. Who knows, he could have poisoned me If I was still in nigeria so he can have the company to himself. He knows he will never in his life meet anybody like me again, and he will remain in poverty until he dies.

Mehn so sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:49am On May 14, 2017
9japrof:

Mehn so sorry to hear that.

Thanks a lot my brother. It was God that saved me from depression as I never for once thought that it would be another scam because I told him about my past experiences with friends and he vowed that this is completely different. And another thing is, he is over ten years older than me so I saw him both as a friend and mentor because he appeared to be a very sound person with vast business ideas. He also lied to me that his son was born on the same day as me and to be honest, he got me with that lie because afterwards I became attached to his family thinking our meeting was ordained by God not knowing I just swallowed his bait. But it is all good.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:15am On May 14, 2017
H
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:45am On May 14, 2017
gift01:
so tbc was a scam They disturb me to join but i was reluctant. Abeg let us know more of the ploy they used pls
Bro am not a crypto guru but according to several crypto gurus it appears to be a scam. No "real" exchangers, no value atm and no one seems to be accepting it as a medium of payment.So I ask "what is the point"?E even get one site wey all these "genuine" cryptocurrency dey listed and the coin no dey on the site.Maybe dey still dey work on their stuff sha but me I don fashii am till dey get their shii together(if they ever do).
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by NairalandSARS: 5:48am On May 14, 2017
Yosuregames:

Sir you will nt suffer. D same tin happened to me. I met a guy on fb with d name Ben Emmanuel we talked he said 10 but I sent 5k and use 2k to stake. D games lost and d bastard blocked me on whatsapp n even call. Ayo Frank Witoh Your family will suffer till you die.
lol, this one no be scam na. Nobody knows tomorrow. This betting is a game of probabilities.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:52am On May 14, 2017
Xda59:
It is people like Uche that prevent good people from rendering assistance to those in need.He will surely reap his own reward.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaElba(m): 6:48am On May 14, 2017
I was scammed right here on Nairaland all in the name of looking for sugar mummies....that scammer scammed me of 200 MTN card.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by ghettochild(m): 6:50am On May 14, 2017
Adeoba10:
.... During my 2nd year on campus, i wanted to change my phone, so i went to computer village.... I saw this guy with my desired phone n i approached him, after negotiating, i said he should follow me to the atm stand so dat i can withdraw some cash, (whereas, my aim was for him to leave his colleagues so that they wouldn't robb me) on our way to the atm i just dipped my hand in my pocket and gave him his money n i collected my phone. Brethren, walahi... On getting home, this sliding phone just pafuka, na paper cellotape and copper wire they used gab the panel together..... Since 2011 e still dey pain me
had a similar experience in 2008. i cry taya say dem do a whole me wayo
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by xyzando: 7:06am On May 14, 2017
Yes. By MMM through my super guider Comfort Esezoma
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by olafunny(m): 7:32am On May 14, 2017
Gkemz:

But there wasn't anything like whatsapp as at that time 2009. If u had mentioned any other social media, I'd have believed you.
i was wrong with the year. It was 2011 not 2009
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Aremuagan144(m): 7:51am On May 14, 2017
mine was twice i was duped and heartbroken by a lady i met her in oshodi 2014 and she told me she,had 3 abortions for her ex wch i told her that i wil marry her like that later she got admitted to mapoly school of olosho i spent alot on her including her project just this january she called it a quit with me and later went ahead to had abortion for 1 guy again mickey fwosh wil never know peace except if i didnt have a gud plan for her she wasted my time

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Antina(f): 8:06am On May 14, 2017
oviepuege:
I lost 150k 2 bitcoins

Pls how?
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by vicardino(m): 8:09am On May 14, 2017
Scammers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

In Delta, Housewife Bathes Husband’s Girlfriend With Acid / Ever Had Any Experience With Cultists? / Driver Kidnaps His Boss In Edo, Kills & Dumps His Body In Septic Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.