Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Essence Of Marriage?? (11008 Views)

Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by zsamorano(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2023
Someone said you should go and ask your parents...
Stop confusing us with nonsense
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Ade1177: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2023
FernsnPens:
Marriage was ordained by God, so marriage is a good thing

What are the advantages God listed for the man
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Yankee101: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2023
A help meet
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2023
You will understand better when you turn 40.
You will so much desire to have a family you can return to everyday (wife/husband and kids)

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by oluwaseyi0: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2023
DrAda:
A couple of years ago, I would have said nothing but recently, I had cause to stay at home all by myself for nearly a day and I learnt a valuable lesson. Loneliness kills

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by tete7000(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

Marriage is primarily for companionship, children and other things comes in afterwards. Marriage is not compulsory but knowing that you age as you grow old, should you chose not to marry, you must have strategy to survive when you have grown old and weak and won't be able to take care of yourself alone.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Ohislee(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

Companionship.

According to the good book, it is not good for the man to be alone.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by DrAda(f): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
You will so much desire to have a family you can return to everyday (wife/husband and kids)

True. A lot of people underestimate this but it is very essential for one's survival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by tete7000(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Exactly
Cc: DrAda

You can be unmarried and still have people you can call family. It depends on your attitude towards others. By the way, there are many you got married, have families but then grow old, look back and wish they never enter into the marriage in the first instance.
In as much as marriage is good and noble, the path into marital life must be taken with great discretion. Sometimes, it pays to remain single and happy than to enter marital relationship with some people.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by scrupulousblog: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage is God's idea. Don't do marriage without God else it will end in tears
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Ishilove: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2023
A 2017 thread...

Slow news day
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by TheCityCeleb(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2023
This question might sound funny but trust me, it's worth talking about.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by ItisWell22(f): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

I’m not even 40 yet, and I already feel bad not doing it earlier. Though I think I’m better prepared now, than I was back then.
In fact, I used to think I had no need for marriage.

Taking care of kids and sometimes having to carry them, or following their delivery after cleaning them; I really wish I had one of such cuties for myself.
And yea, someone to love deeply and unreservedly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by DrAda(f): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2023
tete7000:

Cc: DrAda

You can be unmarried and still have people you can call family. It depends on your attitude towards others. By the way, there are many you got married, have families but then grow old, look back and wish they never enter into the marriage in the first instance.
In as much as marriage is good and noble, the path into marital life must be taken with great discretion. Sometimes, it pays to remain single and happy than to enter marital relationship with some people.

The beautiful thing about statistics is that it teaches you about the Gaussian curve. So, working with that, your scenario is valid but constitutes an outlier. I am referring to the middle 95%
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Anunakeeh: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:

The Earth is a confined prison and SCAM.

The existence of human beings is literally meaningless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by silaswills01(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2023
Seriously that's wat am also asking
What's the essence
What's the point πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by easzypeaszy(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2023
Let me school you;
1. For the fact that social media made marriage disgusting does not mean 80% are not enjoying it.
2. If you think not getting married will give you everlasting peace, just be ready to suffer at your old age.
3. Western world takes you to elderly care homes with none of your kids, relatives visiting, it will be worst in Nigeria.
4. The only thing that gives us hope n hapiness always is Heaven and our Kids
5. Marriage will bring out the best in you and not destroy you.
6. You can have money and flex n flex n flex den after dat whats will life be to you when you are old.

CONCLUSION: Everything na stage, best time to remain single and unmarried is now and worst time is later
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Fiscus105(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2023
LordGoldenswap:
Marriage is dead in this era. As there are many harm than Good from it. I only want a child as I cannot condole cheating

Let start from from ur own immediate family. I mean, marriage btw ur dad & mum, ur sisters ,ur brothers, and your own relationship.

Are they all have negatives than benefits?

We can use ur own family to look outward if ur assumption is logical and true.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Erikiel(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage is not compulsory
You can decide to have a partner, have kids if so wish, and be together.

If things don't go well, a partner can go his/her way later on.
It's not must you'll go to a church, pay money (pride price) etc.

In the future, marriage won't be a priority for most and people will have kids and be happy.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by AnoNeeMouz: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2023
2017 thread

OP for done marry by now
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Tonytonex(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2023
That's a foolish question to ask. Ignorance is truly bad.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by djon78(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:

There are people that never married in Bible and yet fulfilled God's plan for them

Our Lord Jesus didn't marry

St Paul wasn't with any Wife and was the most important figure in the New testament after our Lord Jesus Christ

Even in the world there are still successful, rich people that didn't Marry

One French billionare who inherited a designer company from his parents didn't Marry

He is mid seventies and worth around 9 billion Euros

Never married, no children
And that was his choice

It's in this part of the world we feel everything revolves around marriage

But in Developed societies
They don't attach too much importance to marriage
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Fiscus105(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage not compulsory but very necessary and every reasonable human being craves for it.

If the two partners play the game of marriage according to it's rules they will enjoy it to the very last day.

The bitter truth that opponents of marriage institution do deny is that.

Even though, their marriage not working & crumble mainly because of either or both of the partners' characters. They still lonely and dying in silent to have life partner.

Funke Akindele isn't be able to stay with husband peacefully, "principally' because she can't let go of her "non submissive" character and probably extral marital affairs.

.....but the main attribute that would never allow her to succeed in marriage is her bossy nature. Several young actors and actress have called her out in the past.

"Funke Akindele as a case study"...she is a woman and married to Africa man and yet dnt want to be submissive to him, and having issues in marriage.

Why would people now be blaming marriage institution instead of her character?

When toyin aimaku doing gragra and thrown out of marriage in two succession, now, with 3rd man she drops her ego. I biliv relatively she is enjoying her marriage now.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Uchesis: 10:54am On Dec 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Marriage is not compulsory just as sex is not compulsory but if you ever want to have sex it must take place between two who are married legally! 1Corinthians 7:1-7 smiley
But you were not a virgin when you married your wife.

Assuming you don't have a side chic by the way

grin
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by kennethology(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2023
moblix:
Ask ur parent
your answer has won AWARD
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Savedday2: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2023
With the kind of 9ja girls (Ashawo) we have 2day, marriage is overrated.

Don't get involve in that shit

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by yahmohy27: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Yemaya:
It’s the most unnecessary venture
Needless self inflicted pain
Hmmm this generation self..I reserve my comment
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Myer(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:

Marriage is one of God's blessings. It is a blessing to meet a partner that you grow together and fulfill purpose together.

However, it is not compulsory.

Jesus Christ our perfect role model did not get married.
Paul the apostle did not get married.
John the Baptist did not get married.
Elijah and Elisha did not get married.

Jesus said some will choose not to marry. Matt 19:12
Apostle Paul wished more people will not marry just like him but he advised that if you desire sex, please get married. Every one has different graces. 1 Cor 7:8-9

As a believer, we learn to submit to God's will and the leading of the Holy Spirit that way we walk in God's Will for our lives.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by WantsandMore: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Lots of 90s kids in their 30s are now asking the existential question funny enough there's no one with a satisfying answer only that close relations will keep asking " when you go marry"?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by FireUpNow(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2023
What about eunuchs? What is is marriage for them?
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by judedwriter(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:

Marriage is God's idea not ours.

Infact Adam was on his own minding his own business when God gave him a wife.

You haven't sinned if you choose to remain single, Infact the apostle Paul recommend single life because of the troubles of marriage 😁

Marriage is indeed a necessity (sex, children, partnership, companionship, etc. ) but it isn't compulsory.

You can live a very fulfilling life without marriage, but if you haven't met the right person, please don't stress it.

However, as a single you must be sexual pure. God hates any form pre marital sex. That's why many marry, even to wrong people, because they can't cope with celibacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fear Not, Your Saviour Is Here!! - Joseph Prince / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.