Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Essence Of Marriage?? (11015 Views)

Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Blitzking: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Slavipando:
Free knacking grin
dey play when u marry knacking go tire you..before marriage e go dey do you like say without knacking u dey carry load for ur sac..took me a week to finally disvirgin my wife and sex after wards wasn't that frequent alot of thing are involved..her energy level..her morale..ur actions..unforseen circumstances. Some days she would hate you for no reason often attaching flimsy excuse

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Sified(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2023
home of the aged in Nigeria, man this is so so important!

ogawisdom:
grin

Just a stupid institution to kill a man with billing after which the kids n wife will abandon the foolish man once he is old.

We need home of the aged in Nigeria ASAP for people who wants to think outside the box.

It is a poverty alleviation programme for most jobless and hungry ladies, that is why they are desperate for it.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Versal: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2023
Funny, people get married and think they are fulfilling any divine plan grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lemme tell, marriage and others are manmade. It ends here, on the Physical Plane.

Man, being the most evolved being, must discover orderliness.
That is why he organizes everything he does.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Idaytesj29(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2023
CandidSeeker:

Marriage is not a must.

Matthew 19:10-12 NKJV
.......His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
[11] But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given:
[12] For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it."

...kindly read from verse one for better understanding.

You haven't defiled God's law :

John 3:8 NKJV
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Below is the NEW & ONLY commandment:

John 13:34 NKJV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

-Peace.

Yeah, nothing is a must in this life. Even monogamy.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Calitoscassius(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2023
Nothing! Marriage is rubbish! only low esteemed insecure people gets married, they want to feel an ownership of their wives/husbands.

Especially in Africa, where men feels they own their poor wives and their wives marries them co's they are poor, if poor african women could find jobs. Make their own money they would never marry their fat pot bellied ugilee bald smelly absuive controlling african husbands. And African parents should stop pressuring their sons and daughters into marriages there is nothing wrong with not being married. Even their so called Jesus was never had a wife as we read.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by tyup(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Due to imperfection many have inflicted themselves all over with many pains in marriage but there is nothing sweeter than being married to your best friend! Proverbs 18:22

Married to your best friend will still turn sour on the longer run

3 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Light777(f): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2023
tyup:

Married to your best friend will still turn sour on the longer run
Marry your soul mate and allow GOD take charge and you will NEVER regret it.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Dengoh(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2023
Two good heads are better than one good head.
Marriage is good only for those who know how it works
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by cucumbar: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
You will understand better when you turn 40.
You will so much desire to have a family you can return to everyday (wife/husband and kids)
why do you think your circumstance should apply to everybody?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by aribisala0(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
You will so much desire to have a family you can return to everyday (wife/husband and kids)
The kids will stay with you forever?

Your understanding is very superficial? Is it everyone that can have kids? Is it only under 40s that marry? Is it every person that is married that lives with their family. Is it every person that has good children?
You are the one that is sounding under 40 like you have not really seen life

Marry has different utility for everyone
for you
it is to have a family to return home to every day
Even that is just a phase
in life
One day you are a child living with your parents
Another you are having children you can return to that is NOT EVERYDAY as you imagine
One day it will end if you live long enough
You will be with just your wife of yourself or with whatever community you have acquired
Many old people in Nigeria have all their children Japa-ed and they are ALONE

For others it is very different reasons
Yoruba say if we don't eat yam because of oil we eat oil because of Yam

Don't assume what is good for you is good for everyone or that it is good for them for the same reason it is good for you
Some people Marry and do not want kids AT ALL
Marriage is a blessing for many people for other it is just a rehearsal of hellfire

4 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Antivirus92(m): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
The primary purpose of man and woman coming together is to produce offspring

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Quebec91(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Very nice analysis! Kudos 👍
Nazgul:
It depends on individual preferences. For some it's Companionship: Not everyone wants to remain single forever. At some point in your life, you'll need a companion you'll want to share your life with.

For others it's for Financial Benefits As crazy as this sounds, some people try to upgrade their financial status through marriage. Not everyone wants to remain poor forever most especially when they're aware that marriage can cure their poverty state as well as the poverty in their entire family lineage.

For some it's for procreation. Having your kids grow with both parents present is something everyone wants. Not everyone buys the idea of baby Mamas. Having your wife or husband stand by you whilst supporting the kids emotionally, financially, religiously...etc, is the dream of most people.

For some it's for Safe Sex Nigeria is a religious country and we were brought up to believe that sex outside marriage is fornication. So some people get married so they can have sex with their partners without having to sin against God through fornication.

And for the records, God doesn't care if you marry or not. After all Jesus didn't marry. He's only concern is that you live a life free of sin. A life that would glorify him.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Quebec91(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
True that
DrAda:
A couple of years ago, I would have said nothing but recently, I had cause to stay at home all by myself for nearly a day and I learnt a valuable lesson. Loneliness kills
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by DANIEL5050(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Companionship and procreation

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Chinny024(f): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
To increase and multiply..
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by femi4: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

companion. In your old age, you will understand when you cannot do stuff by yourself.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Faposky95: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yemaya:
It’s the most unnecessary venture
Needless self inflicted pain

Married....and/or divorced....?!
Then, DON'T MARRY!!!!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by abobote: 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
Have kids and raise them together
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by searchlight: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
Hier:
As a Lady, the essence of marriage is to help your husband become who God want him to be, you marry in purpose. @chiomamee
lol these people and their mentality. So without a woman, a man can't nit become anything?
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by searchlight: 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage is a legal and traditional way of making a woman entitled to a man's wealth.

Marriage does not benefit men. You use your money to cage yourself and suffer for the rest of your life. You make money but can't even enjoy your money the way you want because of one jobless woman you kept at home as a wife.

Before you mention me first of all tell me just one advantage a man has over his wife in that criminal union called marriage. Just one.

Most men marry because of societal pressure while some are deceived by their wives, thinking that they are angels.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by 9jii(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

Its for the well being of children. Children are better off growing up with both parents taking care of them.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Elxandre(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Blitzking:
dey play when u marry knacking go tire you..before marriage e go dey do you like say without knacking u dey carry load for ur sac..took me a week to finally disvirgin my wife and sex after wards wasn't that frequent alot of thing are involved..her energy level..her morale..ur actions..unforseen circumstances. Some days she would hate you for no reason often attaching flimsy excuse
Knacking go tire you but most men get sidechic(s) grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
Uchesis:

But you were not a virgin when you married your wife. Assuming you don't have a side chic by the way. grin
When traveling to an unknown destination would you like to experience all the dangers on the road? Or would like to ask experienced travelers the safest route?
Of course i never married as a virgin but i'm still living with the losses due to inexperience.

The OP asked a wise question so instead of giving him/her an unwise response it's better to let him/her know the dangers on the road in order to avoid it that is if he/she is wise.

The one walking with the wise will become wise, But the one who has dealings with the stupid will fare badly! Proverbs 13:20
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by ukaface(f): 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
Me I think marriage ain’t for everyone
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by killsmith(f): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Procreation and societal control
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by ukaface(f): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Hier:
As a Lady, the essence of marriage is to help your husband become who God want him to be, you marry in purpose. @chiomamee
huh?
Then who will help the woman be what she is supposed to be?
I am asking for my sister

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by SPAMBOX7: 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
ogawisdom:
grin

Just a stupid institution to kill a man with billing after which the kids n wife will abandon the foolish man once he is old.

We need home of the aged in Nigeria ASAP for people who wants to think outside the box.

It is a poverty alleviation programme for most jobless and hungry ladies, that is why they are desperate for it.

What do you mean by @emboldened
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by LAW2577: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
Dey play, in your old age, you will understand better.
Marriage is not for everyone so as not everybody can own a dog and actually take good care of it.

Know Thyself, if sex is your problem get a gf/bf, if an offspring is your desire get a babyMama/daddy. Yolo, don't waste your life licking as$.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by LAW2577: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
Dey misquote, you will understand in your old age.
CandidSeeker:

Marriage is not a must.

Matthew 19:10-12 NKJV
.......His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
[11] But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given:
[12] For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it."

...kindly read from verse one for better understanding.

You haven't defiled God's law :

John 3:8 NKJV
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Below is the NEW & ONLY commandment:

John 13:34 NKJV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

-Peace.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
opera1:
Marriage was instituted by God: It's for Procreation, companionship.
Care and support.
The same marriage and childbearing instituted in Scripture in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 16 and other was cursed by God in Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
FernsnPens:
Marriage was ordained by God, so marriage is a good thing
That Is a lie. How can that which God washed His hands off of be said to be good aka holy and righteous? undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
Stop lying! undecided

There are many over 50 out there who have no such desires. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Return Nigeria To God" - Pastor John Oluwadare Urges Buhari, Others / How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God / Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.