Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Essence Of Marriage?? (11001 Views)

Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
■ Exactly
Marriage is no cure for loneliness. Go ask the many married who can't even stand the sight of their own family for reasons best known to them. undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ohislee:
■ Companionship.

According to the good book, it is not good for the man to be alone.
The good book said that only of Adam. Otherwise, what you insinuate is that Jesus Christ, along with all the other prophets, including His disciples who chose not to marry did that which is evil in the sight of God. undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
DrAda:
■ True. A lot of people underestimate this but it is very essential for one's survival.
Essential? LOL. . Nigerians ehn! lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
scrupulousblog:
Marriage is God's idea. Don't do marriage without God else it will end in tears
God washed His hands off marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. Your marriage is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God . undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Let me school you;
1. For the fact that social media made marriage disgusting does not mean 80% are not enjoying it
This one dey blame social media for wetin human nature dey responsible for. Lol.. grin
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by franksam209: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
It helps fulfill your purpose, old age is no joke, you will need people around you, family, children, grandchildren and a partner, these are the joy of old age else you will be empty, lonely and bitter and end up crying like those YouTube feminist who didn't get married
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Niyi4321: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Men feels uneasy and desperate when they need s*x. Women blames their poverty/insecurities on the absence of an able manfriend.
In my humble opinion, marriage is more of a compromise than choice for both men and women.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
The kids will stay with you forever?

Your understanding is very superficial? Is it everyone that can have kids? Is it only under 40s that marry? Is it every person that is married that lives with their family. Is it every person that has good children?
You are the one that is sounding under 40 like you have not really seen life

Marry has different utility for everyone
for you
it is to have a family to return home to every day
Even that is just a phase
in life
One day you are a child living with your parents
Another you are having children you can return to that is NOT EVERYDAY as you imagine
One day it will end if you live long enough
You will be with just your wife of yourself or with whatever community you have acquired
Many old people in Nigeria have all their children Japa-ed and they are ALONE

For others it is very different reasons
Yoruba say if we don't eat yam because of oil we eat oil because of Yam

Don't assume what is good for you is good for everyone or that it is good for them for the same reason it is good for you
Some people Marry and do not want kids AT ALL
Marriage is a blessing for many people for other it is just a rehearsal of hellfire

Yes the kids won't be with you forever but what is yours is yours. They remain your kids no matter their age. Don't deceive yourself, we are 'wired' this way. As you grow old, you will keep having this growing urge to have a family.
I really need to know your age.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
cucumbar:
why do you think your circumstance should apply to everybody?

It's not about my circumstance, it's just the way we are 'programmed'.

The urge increases as you grow older except you aren't no.rmal.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ Yes the kids won't be with you forever but what is yours is yours. They remain your kids no matter their age. Don't deceive yourself, we are 'wired' this way. As you grow old, you will keep having this growing urge to have a family.
Tell that fable of yours to the many men/women out there who died alone even in their old age, this all after marrying and having kids here and there. lipsrsealed

Many of you too dey like to hide una head for sand like ostrich. lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ It's not about my circumstance, it's just the way we are 'programmed'. The urge increases as you grow older except you aren't no.rmal.
Una too dey lie! undecided

Which urge? The same urge wey so many older folks out there who are single even in their 60s do not have? undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided

There are many over 50 out there who have no such desires. lipsrsealed

Don't use the word many, they are very few.
Most of them desire to marry and have a family but events and circumstances never make it happen.
For sure some people will not get married till they die which may be by choice or by circumstance beyond their control.

Older feminist are regretting their foolish decisions when they were younger.

I repeat, the urge/desire to have a family increases when you become older except you aren't no.rmal.It's just the way we are programmed.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una too dey lie! undecided

Which urge? The same urge wey so many older folks out there who are single even in their 60s do not have? undecided

How many
How many do you know?
How many can you count in your immediate environment?
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ Don't use the word many, they are very few.
Most of them desire to marry and have a family but events and circumstances never make it happen. For sure some people will not get married till they die which may be by choice or by circumstance beyond their control.
■ Older feminist are regretting their foolish decisions when they were younger. I repeat, the urge/desire to have a family increases when you become older except you aren't no.rmal.It's just the way we are programmed.
So we should feign ignorance of the existence of hundreds of millions of adults mind you who live without ever getting married, all because you would rather believe all are programmed to marry?

This programming you speak of, who is it by? Parents or what? Who is responsible for programming everyone you know to marry? undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Tell that fable of yours to the many men/women out there who died alone even in their old age, this all after marrying and having kids here and there. lipsrsealed

Many of you too dey like to hide una head for sand like ostrich. lipsrsealed

'Many men/women who died alone after marrying and having kids'

From your statement, those you were referring to actually got married and have kids, which means they made an attempt...
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So we should feign ignorance of the existence of hundreds of millions of adults mind you who live without ever getting married, all because you would rather believe all are programmed to marry?

This programming you speak of, who is it by? Parents or what? Who is responsible for programming everyone you know to marry? undecided

Where did you get your statistics from (hundreds of millions)
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ How many How many do you know?
[b]How many can you count in your immediate environment?[/b]p
At least 5 in their 40s, why? lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ Where did you get your statistics from (hundreds of millions)
World census of unmarrieds who are at least 40. lipsrsealed

In the US, alone, the percentage is about 16% according to fortune magazine. lipsrsealed

Please answer the question. Who programmed all to marry? undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by aribisala0(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

Yes the kids won't be with you forever but what is yours is yours. They remain your kids no matter their age. Don't deceive yourself, we are 'wired' this way. As you grow old, you will keep having this growing urge to have a family.

MY age is not important or relevant

and do you have to marry to have kids? You are not making sense
What exactly is Family? what does that mean? To you it can mean Marrying one woman and having 4 children
To another it can mean not marrying anybody and having 18 children
You are just talking from assumption Not life experience
When you experience life you will know it is not by theory
If you marry a woman you have no control over what she will do in future or when she will die

How are children YOURS ??
What does that mean ? That they will like you or love you or be your pension plan?

Nobody owns anybody . That is an illusion

All those people having multimillion Naira Burial ceremony do not assume their children cared for them in their last days

You are programmed to make children like all other animals . It is not designed for your benefit . It is just a follow come APP you are running
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ 'Many men/women who died alone after marrying and having kids'

From your statement, those you were referring to actually got married and have kids, which means they made an attempt...
But you meant for us to believe it is some sort of cure for loneliness and a fact of life since you equally claim that it is part of our programming when in fact it comes with no guarantees of any kind. lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by aribisala0(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

Where did you get your statistics from (hundreds of millions)
That is easy in countries that keep records
All marriages and divorces are recorded so you can easily check in many countries
Just Google search Marriage Rate by Country
That thing inside your head just apply it a bit
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But you meant for us to believe it is some sort of cure for loneliness and a fact of life since you equally claim that it is part of our programming when in fact it comes with no guarantees of any kind. lipsrsealed

The way you make your bed is the way you will sleep in it.
If you made a wrong choice of partner you will live to regret it.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by clearcrystal: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
That is easy in countries that keep records
All marriages and divorces are recorded so you can easily check in many countries
Just Google search Marriage Rate by Country
That thing inside your head just apply it a bit

They actually gave it a shot but weren't lucky enough.
Believe me, a lot of people are enjoying their marriage, don't be deceived by what you read on social media.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
We can get u well trained spouses that will bring peace of mind to your life ..send email to obotphilomena@gmail.com let's matchmake you
Never scammed a soul..if you acuse falsely with comments, excruciating death awaits you Jan 2024
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:
■ The way you make your bed is the way you will sleep in it.
So the programming does not offer any guarantees after all -- it is all dependent on choices we make --- , yet you have all along been selling it as something that does? undecided

Again, who programmed that shit? undecided
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by aribisala0(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

They actually gave it a shot but weren't lucky enough.
Believe me, a lot of people are enjoying their marriage, don't be deceived by what you read on social media.

I agree I said so already if you read

So what is your point?
I think you have a comprehension problem

I am not against marriage
It is not for everybody

As far as making children is concerned that is the design of Nature . It is not for enjoyment
Now 100 years ago population of Nigeria was 11 million today we are 200 million
I am surer there is a limit to how many of us there can be before we start eating each other
Look at what is happening in the World Covid Ukraine , Globa;l warming etc. We are not put here for ourselves . Many bloodlines are wiped out in a single day of war. So that illusion that you will achieve immortality by having children is deception of Nature

If Marriage was useful when there were 10 million people on earth when we reach 100 billion it will be less so
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by BALLOSKI: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

Procreation in a responsible way!
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Uchesis: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When traveling to an unknown destination would you like to experience all the dangers on the road? Or would like to ask experienced travelers the safest route?
Of course i never married as a virgin but i'm still living with the losses due to inexperience.

The OP asked a wise question so instead of giving him/her an unwise response it's better to let him/her know the dangers on the road in order to avoid it that is if he/she is wise.

The one walking with the wise will become wise, But the one who has dealings with the stupid will fare badly! Proverbs 13:20
what losses are you living with because you didn't marry as a virgin (male)? grin

i'm eager to know
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Uchesis:

what losses are you living with because you didn't marry as a virgin (male)? grin
i'm eager to know

Apart from what religious books say i spent a lot on STDs, and after spending so much in the process of seeking permanent cure i lost self respect and that of others looking up to me, the lady i love so much her parents objected to our relationship the business deals her father wanted to seal with me was withdrawn i had to go from one herbal cure home to another, after getting the cure permanently the feelings my friends who married as virgins have i continue spending money to restore my own system so as to enjoy it.

All because i didn't wait for the right time!
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by kernniejay(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
ogawisdom:
grin

Just a stupid institution to kill a man with billing after which the kids n wife will abandon the foolish man once he is old.

We need home of the aged in Nigeria ASAP for people who wants to think outside the box.

It is a poverty alleviation programme for most jobless and hungry ladies, that is why they are desperate for it.

You are either a product of a dysfunctional home or you obviously have a terrible experience about marriage, it is easy to know people like you.
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by easzypeaszy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This one dey blame social media for wetin human nature dey responsible for. Lol.. grin
if wetin comon to humans comon to you.. U fr kw say u need better flogging
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Uchesis: 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Apart from what religious books say i spent a lot on STDs, and after spending so much in the process of seeking permanent cure i lost self respect and that of others looking up to me, the lady i love so much her parents objected to our relationship the business deals her father wanted to seal with me was withdrawn i had to go from one herbal cure home to another, after getting the cure permanently the feelings my friends who married as virgins have i continue spending money to restore my own system so as to enjoy it.

All because i didn't wait for the right time!
so according to you, only those who married as virgins are enjoying their marriages.

STDs is for non virgins or unmarried couples.

You were unlucky bro. Don't generalize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement / Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) / Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.