Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? (23167 Views)

Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / The Nigerian Navy Monthly Salary And Allowance | See Naval Officers Ranks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 15, 2017
My first job was in Iganmu, it payed 40k, and I lived in lekki, no free accommodation, I paid for tfare, feeding (ate just once/day), utility bills, personal effects, offering /tithe, gave my mum 5k each month and still had like extra 3-4k before my next pay. And guess what?? I didn't die!! wink

Bottom line is; if you sense an obvious learning curve at any job you're offered, take it regardless of pay. It always pays in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by dhesire(m): 11:26am On May 15, 2017
My dear, don't mind all those advising you to go get the job, they are nothing but bunch of mediocre. How on earth will you want a fresh graduate to accept a job of #30k/month + accommodation & feeding. That's demeaning!
Even though you lack quality experience, don't worry sit at home a better job will come your way sooner than expected.

I know of a guy who was in the same situation as you are, he rejected the damned job, and before you know it, bingo! Viola! a job of 350k a month came, plus other juicy benefits.
He was on this job for about 3 months when he willfully resigned when he was told to report to the office on a public holiday without prior notice. You know what? He got another job paying 650k a month + medical allowance and overseas training.

Hmmm!

It was unfortunate that all these happened to this guy in his dreams!
when he was fully awake and analyzed all that happened in the dream, he called the number that invited him for the job and told the man at the other end of the phone that he would like to take the job and in fact to show how dedicated he is to the job, he promised to give the company 3 months discount, that is, he will work for the first 3 months pro bono(for free)!

You better go out and work.

2 Likes

Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by dozofavour(m): 11:29am On May 15, 2017
Abadsheddy:

I am not doing any thing yet oo just finish service. but I am of the thought that something better my come

they will not tie you there. while you are there keep on looking for a job and when you find that something better then you can think of quitting. A bird at hand is better than 300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 in the bush
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Freethought(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2017
SoNature:

OP, the only reason u should take that job of 30k is if it's related to your career path. I would never take it, never!...imagine paying a graduate 30k..so, this is what a degree has been reduced to in Nigeria?

Everyone should be working toward being self-employed...that's key.

You can still afford 1k subscription money, I guess
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Originalsly: 11:38am On May 15, 2017
Rainmania:
Oh no how dare they give a whole graduate 30k with accommodation and feeding!!! Noooo that's too beneath you, a graduate with no skills or experience whatsoever . Reject that job now and give me the address of the place so I can send my cousin that has masters and been sitting at home for 2years to apply immediately. You have to keep ur honour intact wait until you get that job that pays you 600k a month, official car, a house fully furnished, 3trips of vacation every year, someone to wipe your ass when u shit, someone to ask foolish questions and Bleep they might even throw in a wife for you...Afterall you're a fucking graduate with no experience or skills. angry
Hmmm....I held my tongue. I knew someone would say what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it. Thanks!
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by dopedante(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2017
it is not, a job of 100k without accommodation and without feeding would!
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by DLondonboiy: 12:15pm On May 15, 2017
harizonal123:

Come and teach me work. I have lappy

I should come and teach you...wow.

Sitdown in your house, I'm coming..
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Dollypie20(f): 12:18pm On May 15, 2017
U better grab it with speed
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by gabrielniy(m): 12:30pm On May 15, 2017
SoNature:

OP, the only reason u should take that job of 30k is if it's related to your career path. I would never take it, never!...imagine paying a graduate 30k..so, this is what a degree has been reduced to in Nigeria?

Everyone should be working toward being self-employed...that's key.

We've failed to realize that not every profession offers the opportunity to be self employed. Mr OP, go for it and make better plans from there. The key is to keep improving on yourself while you learn at the job, so you will stand a good chance when a better opportunity shows up sooner or later.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Kemimarch16(f): 12:40pm On May 15, 2017
please if you don't want give me because am not doing anything for now after finished serving since April.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by einsteino(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
my bro...a bird at hand is better dan 10 in d bush. hold one while u find anoda

i get your drift but that is the same reason why some folks spent 35years of their life living hand to mouth. and it also motivates employers to continue paying peanuts cos too many desperate people out there. someday it would be normal to be paid 10k a month.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by AleeDee(m): 1:05pm On May 15, 2017
Very very very over ok. Get ur calculator nd lets do some maths. Average rent is 200k, few furnishing 100k, lets say u eat a minimum of 1k per day (30k monthly). Basicaly, ur salary is 30k salary, 30k feedin and 15k accommodation which is approximately upto 75k monthly. Grab d job b4 I come grab am comot for ur eye
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by unipol(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2017
Abadsheddy:

The employed people that cook for staff. though the quantity is measured
They cook for staff morning, afternoon and night? Is it a 24 hours job? I am not still understanding. Other people in Nigerian working system should help explain to me how things work in Naija.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 15, 2017
modelsms:

Bro please do you live in a hotel? Or at Banana?

Lol. Those who stay in banana know how they spend on electricity a month. My living allowance is not up to the average of just the electricity consumption of some residences, talk less of those who stay in a hotel on the island. I'm a small boy compared to those category of people
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by xtivin(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2017
OP, stay there and be asking nonsense question as if you are not in Nigeria, now 15k job without accommodation some graduates are looking for
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 15, 2017
Op should ask Npower employees. Them no get accommodation talkless of feeding, and them dey thank God.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Odaveboy(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2017
DLondonboiy:
What is 30k? LOL
Even bus conductors make that everyday...

Go and buy a laptop and start yahoo.yahoo, stop fooling yourself.
badth guy
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Odaveboy(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2017
DLondonboiy:
What is 30k? LOL
Even bus conductors make that everyday...

Go and buy a laptop and start yahoo.yahoo, stop fooling yourself.
badth guy
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by orisa37: 2:09pm On May 15, 2017
Abadsheddy:
Please, I need your advice. I was called for a job and the company said that they are paying #30000 per month with free accommodation and feeding. please is this job offer OK for graduate. I need your advice please

It's OK.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by diva90: 2:12pm On May 15, 2017
It's very poor but for a start you can manage it until you get something better. Your goal now should be to get some experience, so that you can use that experience to apply to a better job that will pay you more
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by deebrain(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2017
It's a start....

Accept it for experience and small money sake..... while you sick greener pastures.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by siddoggg(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2017
Abadsheddy:

It is my profession but I am not too satisfied with the paid though they promise to increase the salary at time. my question is is it OK for starting
'
'
Are you really sure you're a graduate?Your grammar is awful.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Tessy4life(f): 2:23pm On May 15, 2017
Please share the details of the job if u ain't interested..there are thousands of people waiting for it..
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2017
siddoggg:

'
'
Are you really sure you're a graduate?Your grammar is awful.
Is English Language the true test of knowledge? He might be intelligent but poor in communication.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by obinoral1179(m): 3:14pm On May 15, 2017
EverestdeBliu:

you don't always work for money...especially at the first few throng of the ladder. Get the experience and move on.
the experience is very vital but if no experience and the pay is low, my brother run.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by bendazum: 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2020
Abadsheddy:
Please, I need your advice. I was called for a job and the company said that they are paying #30000 per month with free accommodation and feeding. please is this job offer OK for graduate. I need your advice please

Its not enough. Even cleaners in sane countries earn more than that.

I can call that charity. You can't have that job if you wish to marry.

Its very pathetic.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Goovo(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
PatriotTemidayo:
If you get a job with accommodation and feeding for 30K, it is the same as having a 60K job without both.

It is okay to take it. Do the maths and you'll understand why.

Goodluck.
gbam
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Goovo(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
slimany:
Op should ask Npower employees. Them no get accommodation talkless of feeding, and them dey thank God.
I don't any Npower beneficiary is relying solely on the 30k stipend.
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by everestloger(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
Please I need the job if you don't want it my number is 07040220390
Re: Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? by Dannyhonda(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
The pay is actually okay but depends on the workload. Most jobs that gives accommodation and free food are mostly suffer head cause they tend to use you anyhow especially working every single day, waking up as early as 5 then close late in the evening. Try as much as possible to know the work atmosphere that's all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) Recruitment, July 2017 / 5 Funny Ways To Get A Job In Nigeria / Providus Bank Recruitment Through Kennedia Consulting Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.