Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Victoria's Secret - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Victoria's Secret (21805 Views)

Victoria's Order / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / My Baby Mama By Victoria Ezekiel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 11:13am On May 25, 2017
Hey guys. I don't know why Nairaland has been banning me from posting. Suggest how I can reach them and complain.. same way they Banned me from posting my first story -forever and always. I am fed up already.
Re: Victoria's Secret by dominique(f): 11:15am On May 25, 2017
romanticnovels:
Hey guys. I don't know why Nairaland has been banning me from posting. Suggest how I can reach them and complain.. same way they Banned me from posting my first story -forever and always. I am fed up already.

It's the spambots, next time mail me or use the 'mail supermods' feature at the bottom of front page.
Re: Victoria's Secret by popesaint(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2017
am loving dis story.
Re: Victoria's Secret by Chumzypinky(f): 3:32pm On May 25, 2017
romanticnovels:
just mail the mods whenever you're banned
Re: Victoria's Secret by Missnande(f): 4:29pm On May 25, 2017
Nice story.
Re: Victoria's Secret by queenitee(f): 6:04pm On May 25, 2017
romanticnovels:
Those mods sha. Just let them know they did
Re: Victoria's Secret by talk2saintify(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2017
WOW WOW WOW

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by talk2saintify(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2017
DEMONIC ANGEL

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by talk2saintify(m): 6:30pm On May 25, 2017
Romanticnovels

AH CUT CRAP FOR YHU

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 8:11pm On May 27, 2017
He parked his car in the compound and got out. He came to the passenger's side and opened the door for me to get out.

"Thanks" I curtly said.
He sighed and led me in.

His house was a small bungalow which was cool enough. We got in and he switched on the light.

"Relax okay? I don't know what happened but we'll talk about it tomorrow. It is late" he said.

I nodded and wiped away the fat tear that slid down my right cheek. Sniffing in, I trailed behind him in the hallway. He stopped in front of a room and turned to me.

"You can sleep here tonight. My room is just there. If you need anything, don't hesitate to tell me." He informed while I just nodded.

"One thing again, the tap is faulty so just tell me when you want to have a bath or anything. I'll fix it okay? Goodnight"

"Thank you so much Fred. Goodnight" I gave in reply and went into the room. Once I entered, I leaned on the wall and glided down effortlessly like an egg yolk against a smooth surface.

"God, why me" I rhetorically questioned. I was tired of life, I was tired of living, What is the point of being in the world when you can't call yourself a woman.

What would I explain to my future husband? How would I hold my own children in my hands? How would I sing them lullabies when I wouldn't ever give birth to them? I continued weeping, wishing I could just commit suicide. I stood up and crashed on the bed, soaking it also with my tears.
As if on cue, I heard a knock on the door.

"You can talk to me you know. If you want to talk about it this night then I am all ears" Came Fred's calm voice.

It was soothing but it did nothing to take away tears from my eyes. I opened my lips to speak but nothing came out of my mouth. I returned my face to the bedspread and buried it there as my eyes continued to secrete slimy salt water.
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 8:12pm On May 27, 2017
"How was the tutorial today dear" Fred asked when I came in and fell on the couch.

"It was hectic" I replied and yawned. Fred registered at a JAMB coaching center somewhere not far from his apartment.

He had been very nice and sweet to me ever since I started living with him. He bought me new wears, took me out to make my hair and what not. He had a big supermarket which he was running. He was a graduate of UNIPORT but had loaned capital to start his own business after waiting for two and half years without a job.

Sometimes, he would ask me why I ran away from Madam Osas' house but anytime he saw my face turn sour, he would change the topic and we would have a lengthy discussion. I also pleaded with him not to go eat at Madam Osas' canteen again. He asked me why which I expected but I told him I just didn't want them suspecting I was putting up with him. A lame excuse right? Yeah I just had to say something. Ada might disclose the details of what she saw to him and I would most certainly die of embarrassment.

"Victoria, I brought Ice cream from my supermart for you" he announced, taking in a mouthful of rice.

"Yeppie!" I screamed with glee as I ran outside to get the bowl of Fanice ice cream in his car. I happily opened it and scooped in a spoon of ice cream. "Go change into something comfy so we would start the movie" Fred said once I got into the living room. Thursday nights were movie nights.

We would sit across each other with popcorn or ice cream in our hands and watch movies. Fred said he used to do this with his friends while in school and it was much fun. I went into my room and changed into a flay black gown before returning to the parlour.

"So what movie are we seeing today?" I asked.
"Hotel king" He replied as he removed the disc from his bag.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 8:13pm On May 27, 2017
While watching the movie, I noticed Fred was looking at me in a way I couldn’t exactly fathom. Not the way he used to look at me when I just started living with him. His eyes no longer held innocence.

It was like he wanted something desperately. It all started the weekend he didn’t go to his supermart and he stayed at home all through the weekend. We had gone to nice A-list restaurants in town and the beach and it was so much fun.

Before going home, I told him I wanted to get a plate of ice cream and Sharwama and he had driven to Sharwama kingdom where tasty Sharwama and lovely ice creams were sold. My face was down while I was making my choice of cream but when I lifted it, I caught him looking at me in an entirely different way. Since then, I had been catching him stealing glances at me every now and then in the house.

“Vic! See” his voice jolted me back to the present as he drew my attention to an ongoing action in the movie. I smiled and scooped a spoon of ice cream in my mouth.

When the movie finished, he came to my side and sat beside me.

“Victoria” He called out as he started stroking my hair.
“Err. Fred?” I spoke, jacking up when his fingers ran down my neck.

“You are beautiful you know. My own Genevive Nnaji” He teased and I gave a short smile.

“Thanks” I pointedly said and stood up so I could dispose the plate of cream but he held my hand and pulled me back.

“Sit” He ordered.

I sighed and sat.

“You know you still haven’t told me about it”He mouthed, looking deep into my eyes.

“About what?” I questioned.

“It”He sharply answered back.
“Fred please, I’ll tell you when I’m ready. Not now”

He nodded and cupped my hands in his. And then squeezed it.

“Let’s talk about your upcoming birthday. It’s next week you know”

“Yeah.” I grinned.

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 8:15pm On May 27, 2017
“I have been thinking you know. Probably a party would do. You would turn twenty right”

“What? How did you know my age?”

“Hmm. Next time, don’t just drop your Jamb Biodata form just anywhere okay?”

“You are a fish!”

“Me? A fish? I will show you how playful of a fish I am” He said and then started tickling me. I was laughing so hard that tears were escaping from my ducts. Then at a point, my gown flew up and I slimmed it down then pushed him away. That was frigging close!

“What’s wrong?”

“Fred. Goodnight. It was another awesome movie night with you. I have to go for tutorials tomorrow.”

“But. We were just…. Wait”
I stopped and turned.

“Victoria. I don’t know what it is you are holding back but whatever it is. I think I deserve to know. It won’t be funny if I find out on my own!”
He said and walked to his room. I just stood there while a mirage of emotions raced through me. Why was he acting like he was responsible for me and so he deserved to know more than he already knew?

“Fred. I am going for my tutorials. I’ll see you by 2pm.”

I said as I stood in front of his door. It was morning already. I spoke again for the second time but there was no response. I knew he was not sleeping. He just chose to snub me. Fred was an early riser. Probably because that was the way he had been or because he was a business man.

I walked out of the house and took an Okada to Ultimate Success tutorial. The coaching was for students sitting for JAMB,WAEC and NECO. Within two weeks, I had already made friends with three nice girls. They made me catch up on the previous tutorials I missed and explained the ones I didn’t understand. All through the coaching period, my mind was completely not in the class.

I was just thinking about how I would eventually tell Fred and what he would feel about it. All my life, I had never had to tell someone about it. My parents knew right from time and since I really didn’t have a close friend or boyfriend in Benin, no one else knew about it. ‘God, how do I tell Fred that I…”

“Victoria. Please pass me your chemistry textbook” Pearl, my seat partner said, interrupting my thoughts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 8:17pm On May 27, 2017
"Victoria. I want you to give me these details. The colour of the birthday cake you want, colour of the decoration, the numbers of people you are expecting and the kind of dress you want. Write in a paper and place it on the table.”

He said and then left. I watched through the window as he drove out.

“Fred is planning a birthday party for me?” I asked inwardly. I had never had a birthday party before. My parents never had enough to feed the family not to talk of throwing me a birthday party. Ekaette and I used to go fishing at the stream or follow the guys in the neighborhood to go hunt for games on our birthdays. We always wanted adventures, not parties.

I tore a leaflet from my note and retrieved my pen from my bag and then began to scribble down what he asked me.

Birthday cake……. Blue.
Decoration….. Blue.
Dress…… Blue.
Gosh! My love for blue tho. No one would ever love blue the way I did.

“Happy twentieth birthday Vickycherry”
I stirred and rubbed my palm on my face. “Wow. Its morning already”

“Yes dearie. It’s your birthday”

“Happy birthday little queen.”

“Little queen? I am twenty not sixteen” I giggled.

“Thank you Fred. Not just for the party but for everything” I said. “Hmm. After the party, I have a gift for you”

“Aww. You’ve done so much already. I don’t deserve all this, really”

“No, don’t say that. You deserve the world and only the man that loves you from the depth of his heart would not only tell you this but also show you”

I felt like my heart dropped into my stomach. He looked at me and held my hand. I could see adoration radiating from his eyes. The ambiance was getting choked up and cheesy. I had to do something.

“Ouch! My stomach”

“What is it? What did you eat last night or is it menstrual cramp?” At the mention of menstrual cramp, my heart almost stopped working.

“It’s nothing Fred. I’ll be fine.”

“Take care dear and if the pain persists, tell me. I would go put finishing touches to the party arrangement now” He said and went out of my room and then I breathed a sigh of relief.

Yeah, party? I sure had a party by 7:00pm. The venue of the party I didn’t know. Fred wanted it to be a surprise. I didn’t invite anyone from the canteen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria's Secret by EvaJael(f): 8:20pm On May 27, 2017
Suspense is one in town

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 27, 2017
Victoria is a hermaphrodite
Re: Victoria's Secret by Bollie29(f): 12:57am On May 28, 2017
Wow, interesting story. Still can't guess what her secret is
Re: Victoria's Secret by jummiepearl(f): 5:49am On May 28, 2017
She's a Hermaphrodite

Nice and interesting story

Thumbs up
Re: Victoria's Secret by michealdeco: 5:41pm On May 28, 2017
Nice story keep it up
Re: Victoria's Secret by swanky47(f): 7:16pm On May 28, 2017
This is a wonderful piece ma'am more ink to ur pen
Re: Victoria's Secret by Chumzypinky(f): 8:09pm On May 28, 2017
jummiepearl:
She's a Hermaphrodite
Nice and interesting story
Thumbs up
no offence but i tot Hermaphrodites menstruate
Re: Victoria's Secret by jummiepearl(f): 8:23pm On May 28, 2017
Chumzypinky:

no offence but i tot Hermaphrodites menstruate
most of them doesn't have complete internal organ
Not all of dem do menstruate
Re: Victoria's Secret by princessadeola(f): 11:06pm On May 28, 2017
Following
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 8:59am On May 29, 2017
Those coming for my birthday party were his friends and colleagues and then few friends and classmates from the tutorial center. I got up and went on my knees.

I thanked God for another year. I prayed for myself, for my admission and for my future. As I remembered my late parents yet again, I burst into fresh tears. I placed my my face on the bed and continued sobbing.
"Victoria. What's wrong?"

"Fred, please I want this moment for myself. I'll be fine"

"Oh.."

“The make-up artist is here, so you guys should be fast with the thing” Fred announced, peeping into my room. I smiled and nodded. Looking at myself before the vanity mirror, I could see how much I had changed. Not just into a lady in her early twenties but into a beauty. Young version of Genevive like Fred would call me.

“Are you done feeling yourself?”His voice came and broke the silence building.

“God! You are still there?” I asked as I walked to the door where he was.

“Thanks so much for all these Fred Egbuson. My heart is so full that I can’t begin to pour out my appreciation to you. I mean, where do I start from?”

“Hmm. From the very beginning” He jokingly said and then burst into laughter when I nudged him.
“But why are you doing this?”

“Doing what?” He asked as confusion masked his face. He had gone out to have a cut when I was dressing up. He got his hair barbed and his beard carved, which made him look effortlessly handsome. Not as handsome as my dream man anyway.

“You know what I am talking about Fred. You don’t know my parents, what chased me from Madam Osas’ place, you know I am holding something back you are not pushing me to say it. It is scary, seriously. What if I committed a crime that night and I am wanted. You know the kind of trouble you would get into with me right?”

He gave a sly smirk and looked away. Like what I was saying didn’t have any effect on him.

Two loud knocks fell on the door. It was the distraction that made me realize we had been holding hands all along. I removed my hands from his and I could swear I almost died of embarrassment. I felt a light pink hue on my cheeks as I opened the door and a tall slim lady with a large make up box walked in.

“Good evening. I guess you are the celebrant right?” She asked as her cat eyes scanned the room before settling on me. Only God knew how she found my room. She was meant to stay in the sitting room till Fred called her in. or probably we were taking her time.

“Victoria. Meet Miss Flora. Flora, meet the celebrant, Victoria” Fred introduced. I stretched my hands and we shook.
Fred gave me a warm embrace and left the room.
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 9:05am On May 29, 2017
The lady opened her make up box, pulled the chair in front of the dressing table out and asked me to sit. I took my seat and smiled when a cold liquid was dabbed on my face.

"You do have an oily skin" she commented. I hummed and pretended like I didn't hear her. Huh! She couldn't even wish me a happy birthday.

She pegged a light towel around my chest and started caking my face with different shades of make up.

"Erm. Miss Flora right?" I spoke up and broke the silence.

"Yes of course" she replied in a high pitched tone as she continued applying her stuff on my face.

"Hmm. Are you sure your parents named you Flora or you chose to bear it. The name isn't common as it is" I said, just out of curiosity. She stopped, looked at me and clicked her tongue. Wow? I had just hit a nerve.

Someone cannot play with her? Or is that how she use to do? I also arranged myself on the seat and picked up a magazine to read on the bedside table.

“Happy birthday”
“Happy birthday Victoria!”
“Happy birthday Vickie”

A lot of people chorused as I started walking down the long red velvet rug. I seriously and definitely didn’t see this coming.

I thought the party was inside an enclose place like a hall. I never thought it was going to be an outdoor gathering in a greeny garden with yellow and red lamps hung around everywhere. I never ever saw it coming.

The garden was decorated in blue. Just like I wanted it. As I walked down to the beautifully decorated seat in front, I felt my heart did some flip flops. It was simple at first but when a lot of people started cheering and giving me ovation, I couldn’t help but sob within.

Fred… How could I ever imagine a love like this? I never thought someone would love me enough to house me without digging into my private affairs.

He trusted me without me even giving him a concrete benefit of doubt.

‘I am going to tell him everything after this party” I assured myself as I gracefully took my seat. There was a pool somewhere close. The C-shaped pool had Fred’s friends chilling around there. They held goblets in their hands as they almost drank to stupor, chattering and laughing boisterously very often.

I saw my friends seated before me. Most were my friends and colleagues from the tutorial center. Those I invited and those I didn’t invite. Even those that we hardly said hello came. Well, it was all good. At least it was my party. The more the merrier.

The host took over after the DJ slowed down his beat. An opening prayer was said and the party commenced. Fred and Pearl sang for me using the microphone.

The song brought tears to my eyes. I didn’t know how the duo met eachother not to talk of them composing a song for me. Fred had probably been to my tutorial center and made some findings for him to have planned the whole thing with Pearl.

After that, the huge birthday cake was cut and friends started making some short comments about me, the celebrant. Some comments were funny while some were nasty but still hilarious at the end. We snapped pictures and the merry began as ladies and gentlemen started dancing to ‘Pepper dem gang’ by Olamide.

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 9:18am On May 29, 2017
'Come meet me where we parked the car' I read.

"Thank you" I said curtly to the usher that delivered that note. I stood up and packed up my long blue ball gown. It was almost like Disney's Cinderella's gown when she had gone to the ball night at the palace.
Only that mine was more modernized, stylishly elegant and fashionably designed. I pulled through the guests having fun and walked to where Fred parked his car.

I stood by the car and started looking for him. I turned and was about leaving to go find him when two hands suddenly blocked my face. I sniffed in the scent around and I knew for sure it was Fred’s cologne.

“Gosh! Fred. You are gonna ruin my makeup” I squealed as I giggled like a little child who had just been gifted with a lot of lovely presents. I was literally blushing.

“Seriously?” He said and took his hands off my face. “Hmm. Mr. Egbuson. I want to say thank you for…”

“Don’t mention honey. You deserve more. Now, let me give you my first present” He said and then opened the trunk of his car. My mouth fell open as he brought out a big painted portrait of me. It was beautiful and jaw dropping.

“Oh my Goodness!” I cooed softly as tears found their paths down my cheeks, soiling my beautiful makeup.

“Vic. You are too emotional. Stop crying please, or don’t you love it. Okay, let me get you the second one” He said as he went to the other side of the car and opened the door of the backseat. I just stood up staring at him in awe. I had never been that speechless all my life.

“Wow wow wow!” A voice interrupted. We turned our heads and saw Ada approaching, dressed in a prom night black dress, high stilettos and a very loud makeup.

“Ada! What are you doing here?” I shot at her.

“Baby, calm down” Fred stopped me and drew me away from her.

“Wow. Did I just her you say baby? I just hope your baby has told you she is three breasted and has no fucking vagina”

At that point, I felt my heart stop.

“What do you mean? Please just go” Fred said after stopping dead in his tracks for a while.

“You can ask her. That’s her freaking dirty secret. She only has an indent down there, na dimple sef and not a Vee. Yuck!”

I just stood there wishing fire balls would fall from heaven and consume me.

“Victoria. Don’t tell me she is right” Fred’s voice almost broke my already shredded heart into tiny bits.

“Vic! Say something” He yelled.

“Yes! Yes she is right. I have three breasts. Two on the left and right and a small one in the center. About the V? yes I don’t have a vagina.

That is it. My secret. Victoria’s secret so now that you know you can leave me alone”

I shouted and started running. It was then I realized I pulled a little crowd with my shout and they had heard me. Can this day get any worse?

3 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 9:21am On May 29, 2017
Hey guys. It's a new week. this story is coming to an end tomorrow.
TORN- another romance novel will be introduced on Wednesday too.
Don't forget to leave a comment, like and share.

You can follow us on our Instagram page @romantic_novellas for more intriguing novels. Finding Mrs Right is ongoing, you can't afford to miss the troubles Lawrence is facing finding his right piece. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by splendidiva(f): 9:31am On May 29, 2017
tnks
Re: Victoria's Secret by queenitee(f): 10:57am On May 29, 2017
Aunty romantic, just like your name, this story is romantic, come and continue
Re: Victoria's Secret by anitapreeti(f): 6:49pm On May 29, 2017
Interesting.
Re: Victoria's Secret by swanky47(f): 10:20am On May 30, 2017
Wow wat a nyc storyline..... Can't wait to see what will happen to vic.... I rili feel for her
Re: Victoria's Secret by popesaint(m): 4:26pm On May 30, 2017
nice piece.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today / Love At First Flight. / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.