Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62726 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by pokipoki: 10:24am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!
Hahahaha. Not true. The real truth is that they don't have the opportunity yet.
Once the so called honest nigerians have the opportunity to be dubious, I can tell you 90 out of 100 would take a chance.

16 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by adontcare(f): 10:24am On May 17, 2017
Op is right to some extent
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:25am On May 17, 2017
This is a MAN BASHING thread in response to a Facebooker's recent post about a given set of terrorists females as he put it, I think. Let's go there
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kpaminose: 10:26am On May 17, 2017
Ishilove:
This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

I think many of the Nigerians commenting here have never left the shores of Africa. Africans are not the real fraudsters. Africans are not the real scammers. The Real scammers and hackers are found in Eastern Europe and Soviets. The Brazilians and Asians are good too. not even talking about Americans. Talking about honesty and love for vanity? This write up is absolute thrash.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:27am On May 17, 2017
Nigeria is a shiithole. Even God is tired of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:27am On May 17, 2017
it's a good thing ! go to hell!!!
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bishopkay: 10:27am On May 17, 2017
fallout87:
Why won't they say this? Since of these are racists who hate anything that isn't white, but some are saying the truth.

I was attacked in a thread for saying an Igbo woman shouldn't make fake gucci and versace shoes. They were mad at me because to them it is okay to make bootleg items.

With trash like that why wouldn't Nigeria be backward.

You were attacked not for saying she shouldn't make fake Gucci's but you were attacked because you didn't respect her hustle at least that's what my mind told me and don't even bring in the ethnic card. While I accept many Nigerians have a very warped sense of reasoning, I like been practical in whatever I do.

You see a young struggling lady cobbler who has some good wares to her pride and you start yapping your mouth simply because she put Versace and Gucci logo on the wares.

The people buying it, you think they don't they know it's not the real deal? Was she passing off the products as the original Gucci and Versace, because that then would be the real fraud. Were all things equal would you be proud of your sister doing a petty cobbler work? It may shock you maybe that girl is a graduate who's probably rounded up her Nysc but no job around or the place she managed to see a vacancy, the boss wants to f**k her simply because he wants to pay her 50k a month for working for him.

If you had said "nice work but let her concentrate on building her own brand instead of impersonating a made brand" it would have been much better than that raw, brash and arrogant comment you made on that thread

As big as China, they got popular for faking and impersonating huge brands until they got their desired popularity in the market and started facing their own brands.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by frubben(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2017
And we are the most religious in the world

So sad

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:28am On May 17, 2017
@ishilove I thought I was the only one who noticed the Nairobi part. The poor guy probably thinks Nairobi is in Nigeria and all Africans are Nigerians. The same way Joe Biden and several other Americans think Africa is a country. Now,would it be out of place to generalize and say all Americans are illiterate,simply because I met some who don't know their geography well enough? Since we are all free to generalize,we might as well start from there. Note well:he made a few valid points. But the generalization was awful.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ByTeCuBe: 10:29am On May 17, 2017
Nature8:
Hmm, nawa oo!
d person is not.lying d way evribody is hyping dis yahoo of a tin is too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by dallyemmy: 10:29am On May 17, 2017
WE WERE TOLD, WE WERE TOLD ROBERT LINDSAY
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kpaminose: 10:29am On May 17, 2017
The West is to be blamed for all the evils going on in Nigeria. starting from how they colonized and plundered our heritage to how they sowed a bad seed of animosity and discord in Nigeria. making sure the most corrupt and least qualified among us rule us to how they create and plan wars and crises. I'm one of the people that still think that all the problems in Nigeria and all Africa was and is caused by the Europeans. Our only offense is being weak and we're still weak and weakness is not an excuse.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Victorclean1: 10:29am On May 17, 2017
Sadly, what the Kenyan woman said is true
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by KenModi(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2017
Ololade1999:
Although some of their points are true but I disagree with the rest. I can't agree that all Nigerians are bad. We still have very good folks who are upright and are doing very well. Even some of these so called white people are worse than Nigerians. I won't blame them but our leaders who have failed this country through greed and selfishness. Most people doing yahoo yahoo stuff and engage in other criminal activities are doing so because of the non - availability of jobs. Let our leaders fix basic amenities like light good roads etc and create a good platform for youth development and watch unemployment decrease rapidly.

These are exactly the excuses that we Nigerians give for our scams and other crimes the writer was talking about.

Instead of owing up to our criminality and corruption, we keep heaping blames on those at Abuja.

Lets continue decieving ourselves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by JeffreyJames(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2017
This is just sad.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ayindejimmy(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2017
OPARI!
They yaf finished horse.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ByTeCuBe: 10:30am On May 17, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@ishilove I thought I was the only one who noticed the Nairobi part. The poor guy probably thinks Nairobi is in Nigeria and all Africans are Nigerians. The same way Joe Biden and several other Americans think Africa is a country. Now,would it be out of place to generalize and say all Americans are illiterate,simply because I met some who don't know their geography well enough? Since we are all free to generalize,we might as well start from there. Note well:he made a few valid points. But the generalization was awful.

Afyer dey give u education finish mumu
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
there are bad people every where,even in America, and as for scam,looking back at history, their ancestors started and perfected it,any scam being done today has been perfected by their fore Fathers.This generalization seems to be inspired by racism,be that as it may,Nigerians need to stop this quick money syndrome, its really killing our image
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bishopkay: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
Odog3349:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE THAT TOOK THE RISK!!! YOU STILL DOUBT?? KEEP CALM AND WATCH OTHERS HIT IT BIG.. CHECK DETAILS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION...

Now we are talking how to salvage our battered reputation, this foolish FOOL is here looking for how to scam his fellow Nigerian.

Ogbeni go and collect a bank loan to stake on your fixed match and make your millions. Stop spamming every thread with your photoshooped and msword edited picture

18 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by afroxyz: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
I blame the mods for even giving such an unworthy article cheap publicity.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SalamRushdie: 10:32am On May 17, 2017
Ololade1999:
Although some of their points are true but I disagree with the rest. I can't agree that all Nigerians are bad. We still have very good folks who are upright and are doing very well. Even some of these so called white people are worse than Nigerians. I won't blame them but our leaders who have failed this country through greed and selfishness. Most people doing yahoo yahoo stuff and engage in other criminal activities are doing so because of the non - availability of jobs. Let our leaders fix basic amenities like light good roads etc and create a good platform for youth development and watch unemployment decrease rapidly.

Abeg 90 percent of Nigerian are thieves and demons in human form ..take it from me

8 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2017
Well, most of the things he said is the truth, but the problem I have with this article is the generalisation. Several times I have been attacked on social media especially international news platform when I make comments. The next thing they will say is, "keep shut you fraudster from Nigeria" or "your country is filled with corrupt politicians". Most of these comments are disheartening but it doesn't weigh me down.
Nigerians both home and abroad should represent the country well. Nigerians should stop worshiping money and wealthy people.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SalamRushdie: 10:34am On May 17, 2017
kpaminose:
I think many of the Nigerians commenting here have never left the shores of Africa. Africans are not the real fraudsters. Africans are not the real scammers. The Real scammers and hackers are found in Eastern Europe and Soviets. The Brazilians and Asians are good too. not even talking about Americans. Talking about honesty and love for vanity? This write up is absolute thrash.

Another typical Nigerian living in denial ..I am sure before the day runs out you will either cheat or hurt someone ...Abeg most Nigerians are criminals

13 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by celebgistsng: 10:34am On May 17, 2017
mcjude03:
We did it yesterday, and we are doing it again , call now to subscribe

Idiot!this is exactly what the blogger was saying.you are selling fixed matches abi?na your papa fix am with the clubs.go get a decent job and live a good life angry sad

10 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Zelex9(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2017
There is a lot of truth to the article although quite a brash tonne (although I suspect this is a ploy to bring in traffic). I wasn't born in Nigeria nor did I grow up there. Only lived there for about 13 months, but the knowledge and experience I gained during that period was invaluable. The psyche of the average Nigerian is quite remarkable to someone like me. I never understood the emphasis on "acquiring more wealth", this need to show the world I am better than you or I have "arrived". Such mentalities (which apply to all social classes in the country) lead to acts of greed and desperation hence what read and see today. There are however like in any other society some very honest people however they are definitely in the minority.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:35am On May 17, 2017
The article is an exaggeration, but it is the truth

For some period last year, I kept getting texts claiming to be from my bank and asking for my BVN. Most of the time, I just laughed, and blocked the number.But the last one I got some five months ago....for a few moments I felt like calling him and blasting him to the heavens.

When I was doing a PG course abroad some time ago, I got an email inviting me to send my account details so that the sender could unlock a deceased person's account in the ivory coast. I just laughed, shared the mail with family for a good laugh( like who does this otondo think I am,a foreigner?) and ignored.

Then there are the countless emails I have gotten from GT or First bank asking me to click one link and ask for my details (hint, I do not have an account with either bank) and so on.

Then there is everyday life. I share a mechanic with my parents. Not because I am a mummy boy, but because the mechanic is tested and trusted and honest. And it took my parents several years to find him. The few times I have had to go to other mechanics, na ojoro.

That is why the American is telling the truth.I am a member of an anime fansite based in the US. I was a bit scared at first to tell my fellow fans that I am from Nigeria.....because of this yawa. Indeed, I wonder if they are not looking at me at that site, waiting for me to start sending them emails for you know.

Of course, not all Nigerians are bad.But a nation where people can come out and defend a man who was jailed in the Uk for corruption, a nation where people can come out and defend evils commited in the name of religion and tribe, that nation needs some serious change.(not APC change...change)

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SalamRushdie: 10:35am On May 17, 2017
2dugged:
there are bad people every where,even in America, and as for scam,looking back at history, their ancestors started and perfected it,any scam being done today has been perfected by their fore Fathers.This generalization seems to be inspired by racism,be that as it may,Nigerians need to stop this quick money syndrome, its really killing our image
Typical Nigerian living in denial again

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by afroxyz: 10:35am On May 17, 2017
It baffles me that people whose ancestors were babatians, thieves and marauders have the audacity to talk about scam. Please tell me which country or continent that has been better off since they came in contact with Americans. Starting from Christopher Columbus and his bloddy desecdants who killed the Indians and took their land. Not to talk of their exploits in the middle east, Afghanistan, Libya and Africa. All nigerians are scammers, yet go to the airport, you would see them coming into the country in droves. Yet some buffons would come here and support this racist bigot because they have no sense of history. Tufiakwa!

6 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by logica(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2017
I could substitute Nigerian for American in many of his generalizations, and it will still be true.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by masterP042(m): 10:37am On May 17, 2017
Why will I blame the white? Even our president went to America to tell them that Nigerians are corrupt.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Woman Stripped Unclad For Stealing Handbag. Photos / Yahoo Boy Tries To Pluck Out His Mother's Eyes For Rituals In Delta (Pics) / Kidnappers Kill Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.