Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62735 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mzabbie(f): 10:37am On May 17, 2017
konfused:
That Blogger is a fool. A big fool, I wonder the type of things that come out of their mouth, so almost 180 million individuals are scammers and all Americans are saints. The worst is when fellow Nigerians support such trash. Americans have he highest rate of con artist in this word. Ponzi is actually the name of an American Banker......imagine the level of scam you must have done for a scam to be named after you,. Nigerians re learners where Indians and Russians are when it comes to scam.

I have been scammed by a Macedonian before but that wont make me to label them all as scammers.

Bunch of racist umu ndi ara
Well said but they're right kind of. Nigerians are not to be trusted. Seems you've not been scammed by a Nigerian, you'll curse the day you were born cuz they're very good in criminal acts. Biko pray not to have an encounter with them. Its suicidal.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Skubidude(m): 10:37am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Emmanuel, who claimed to be a Nigerian, commented this:

This guy has really x-rayed Nigerians and in as much as i hate to admit it, 99% of what he said is nothing but the gospel truth. Truth be told.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by paris10: 10:38am On May 17, 2017
Indians and Bangladesh are the world's best scammers and fraudsters. But you won't see the mainstream media banging on that because of the trade relationship they have we them countries.

Nigerians fall my hand big time.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ocelot2006(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2017
Amberon:
pls don't bring racism into this. The writer has obviously made thorough research and has revealed things that made me suprised as to how he managed to know.

I saw that comment of yours and I almost wept for the mindset of some people. They kept attacking and raining insults on you when you spoke the plain truth. They were openly supporting piracy and plagiarism. Which way Nigeria?

"Thorough research"?? Are you kidding me?? The whole article is filled with so much ignorance and wrong info. Of course there are scammers in Nigeria, same way the Americans have drug pushers, murderers, perverts/peodophiles, serial killers, etc. But do you see us paint every American with the same brush despite the fact that the criminals among them a just a few? So why's that done to Nigerians?

And what's the crime in Nigerians dating white or fair skinned women? As long as the intention isn't to scam or gain the green card via malicious means, I say go for it. Aftersll Nigerians are known to be daring/risk takers.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by konfused: 10:39am On May 17, 2017
MajorGomwalk:
Pls shut up and stop misinforming people and fooling yourself here. Ponzi was an Italian who did fraudulent businesses in America and got deported after serving time in jail. Try making your point without bias and falsehood for once

Biko, did I mention the nationality of Charles Ponzi, I only stated that the fraud was done in America by a guy named Ponzi. What's the misinformation there?

Enyia if you are among those that support outsiders who castigate Nigeria, you better stop it, no matter how bad my home is, Its still my home.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by pweeryambre: 10:39am On May 17, 2017
The part that caught my attention... "Nigerian parents don't know how to raise kids"... so true

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@ishilove I thought I was the only one who noticed the Nairobi part. The poor guy probably thinks Nairobi is in Nigeria and all Africans are Nigerians. The same way Joe Biden and several other Americans think Africa is a country. Now,would it be out of place to generalize and say all Americans are illiterate,simply because I met some who don't know their geography well enough? Since we are all free to generalize,we might as well start from there. Note well:he made a few valid points. But the generalization was awful.
When it comes to geography part, most Americans are illiterate. The most annoying part is calling Africa a country. Africa that is bigger than the North America Continent. There was a survey carried out by New York times. They asked about 1700 Americans to indicate where North Korea is located more than 50% chose wrong continent.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by LordOfNaira: 10:41am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!

The bold is an exaggeration!!!

Bro, be realistic, please. Except you don't live in Nigeria. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of Nigerians who are not fraudsters but who are dishonest.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:41am On May 17, 2017
@ByTeCuBe Now it is quite obvious who the "mumu" is here. The one who doesn't read carefully before quoting the other. Before you can get the full grasp of what I have written you have to be someone with an IQ higher than 25 and I strongly doubt you meet that very criterion.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by lepasharon(f): 10:42am On May 17, 2017
I don't like Nigerians too

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ayindejimmy(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:

You were attacked not for saying she shouldn't make fake Gucci's but you were attacked because you didn't respect her hustle at least that's what my mind told me and don't even bring in the ethnic card. While I accept many Nigerians have a very warped sense of reasoning, I like been practical in whatever I do.

You see a young struggling lady cobbler who has some good wares to her pride and you start yapping your mouth simply because she put Versace and Gucci logo on the wares.

The people buying it, you think they don't they know it's not the real deal? Was she passing off the products as the original Gucci and Versace, because that then would be the real fraud. Were all things equal would you be proud of your sister doing a petty cobbler work? It may shock you maybe that girl is a graduate who's probably rounded up her Nysc but no job around or the place she managed to see a vacancy, the boss wants to f**k her simply because he wants to pay her 50k a month for working for him.

If you had said "nice work but let her concentrate on building her own brand instead of impersonating a made brand" it would have been much better than that raw, brash and arrogant comment you made on that thread

As big as China, they got popular for faking and impersonating huge brands until they got their desired popularity in the market and started facing their own brands.

Let's not defend what's wrong.

What's stops her from giving it her own brand name? Because she wants to ride on the popularity and uniqueness of Gucci. And that, just like someone selling other fake products-is a crime because she's not a Gucci distributor.
When you go to Alaba international you'll people selling fake LG, Samsung and Sony logos. They bring substandard electronics from China and brand it original LG. They know what they were buying from China is fake but people like us don't until we start using it.
Same as that lady. Someone can come and buy her shoes in large quantity. The person knows he's buying fake Gucci. But he takes to to a fancy boutique and sells it a original Gucci price. And a novice like me that wants to wear Gucci for the first will go and buy it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:43am On May 17, 2017
Who gets wound-up by an article written in 2015? grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by stagger: 10:43am On May 17, 2017
Why are we concerned about the comments of an American nonentity? Until today, I had never even heard about this fellow and his blog. How does his comments affect the price of my business products? I don't even know why we give people like this such publicity on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kenrish2(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2017
Amberon:
This guy is not lying at all. While I lived in eastern Europe, I got to understand these things more. I met some guys who were internet scammers. All their Nigerian friends who lived there (and i mean all with the exception of none) were internet scammers too. Eventually one got arrested (he's probably still in jail now) and several others fled the country for fear of being arrested too. One ran to Ghana after he was caught withdrawing money from western union with fake documents. He was under strict investigation and fled the country using a fake passport (which is another crime). Apparently he would create fake bank websites that are identical to the original websites. Imputing your credit card details in those websites would result in him getting all your information and subsequently he would "wire" out every penny you have. I also got to know that they did a lot of online shopping with stolen cards.

We shouldn't play the"racism card". The op is 100% correct. This op isn't exaggerating at all. Nigerians have also destroyed the reputation of Malaysia. A cyber cafe was busted in Lagos for habiting fraudsters and the locals all came out to support the fraudsters.

We don't need to lie to ourselves, the op isn't saying that EVERY Nigerian is bad, he is simply saying that an overwhelming majority of us are bad and that is the gospel truth if we mean to be truthful to ourselves. Look around and you'll find that several of your colleagues steal office property when the opportunity arises.

you are very right am a Nigerian tooand 90 percent of my friends are in Ghana looking for who to scam online, some even pray to God to bring maga (client) their way. at first it was guys that normally involve in yahoo yahoo, but this days u see girls posting fake pics online looking 4 who to defraud. the painful part of this scenario is that the society at large is not even discouraging the trend

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by CzarChris(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2017
This one weak me sha! My sense of patriotism, no matter how small and battered it is wanted to shout these murrafukas down, but it's sad that almost everything written on that blog is true.

Our leaders have so raped our dignity and minds, that criminality now seems to be legality in this country. We have been so mentally decimated in this country with poverty by our leaders that we have lost all sense of morals.
Our leaders make the vast population poor so that we will have to beg for the little crumbs that they handout to us during election season to keep them in power. We can't fight back, because they have divided us with tribalism.
May the Lord save us all.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Idango(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2017
I read through the entire thing and I agree with the guy who said he is Nigeria entirely. Our situation is pathetic. Some of the other Comments are racist though.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Victorclean1: 10:43am On May 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Yhutylity86(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!

Let's be truthful to ourselves as Nigerians...Most of what he said is true...he didn't just have to generalize alot as he did....
We are very vain and fanatic people, who cover our problems in religion and tribalism...
We are not ready to move away from our colonial masters and develop ourselves from within...rather we are close minded and celebrate alot of criminals in this our country...alot of us are psychopaths who can't stand for any just cause..it must always be about money, fame,women and sex in our country.. No one is selfless... no one can work truly from his heart for the good of others.

our problem ain't our leaders or our politicians..our problem is our individual families that has refused to imbibe virtues in us...our problem is Me and you... we just need to change ourselves ...our country will never be better...peace.

19 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:44am On May 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Typical Nigerian living in denial again
i was expecting a counter,
1)there are bad people in America, true or false
2)white people top the list of the greatest scammers of all time ,true or false, if you can't answer don't rant senselesly on my mention, thanks
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by konfused: 10:44am On May 17, 2017
mzabbie:

Well said but they're right kind of. Nigerians are not to be trusted. Seems you've not been scammed by a Nigerian, you'll curse the day you were born cuz they're very good in criminal acts. Biko pray not to have an encounter with them. Its suicidal.

Even at that, how many articles has he written about America's crime. The murder rate of only Detroit in America surpasses that of the whole Nigeria. The number of scams being perpetrated by Americans are more than its done in Nigeria. wetin sef, its high time we start defending ourselves else all these negative stereotype will stick to us. I gave him a piece of my mind on his racist hate filled blog.

Nwa ndi ara like him, who is he?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:45am On May 17, 2017
Amberon:
This guy is not lying at all. While I lived in eastern Europe, I got to understand these things more. I met some guys who were internet scammers. All their Nigerian friends who lived there (and i mean all with the exception of none) were internet scammers too. Eventually one got arrested (he's probably still in jail now) and several others fled the country for fear of being arrested too. One ran to Ghana after he was caught withdrawing money from western union with fake documents. He was under strict investigation and fled the country using a fake passport (which is another crime). Apparently he would create fake bank websites that are identical to the original websites. Imputing your credit card details in those websites would result in him getting all your information and subsequently he would "wire" out every penny you have. I also got to know that they did a lot of online shopping with stolen cards.

We shouldn't play the"racism card". The op is 100% correct. This op isn't exaggerating at all. Nigerians have also destroyed the reputation of Malaysia. A cyber cafe was busted in Lagos for habiting fraudsters and the locals all came out to support the fraudsters.

We don't need to lie to ourselves, the op isn't saying that EVERY Nigerian is bad, he is simply saying that an overwhelming majority of us are bad and that is the gospel truth if we mean to be truthful to ourselves. Look around and you'll find that several of your colleagues steal office property when the opportunity arises.

How can the OP be right ? There are officially 15 million Nigerian expatriates around the world. If the overwhelming majority are bad then approximately 10million are scam artists. Does that tally with reality? Do you also know that many west Africans to avoid being deported to their countries claim to be Nigerians when arrested ?
Finally, fyi, Americans, Germans and East Europeans take more money illegally out of the system than Nigerians do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by korent265: 10:47am On May 17, 2017
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2488-im-not-really-royalty-world-nigerian-internet-scams.html

This is the impression everyone is getting about us now....even the so called big boy hushpuppi is referred to in the article. so yeah this article is horribly racist but there's an element of truth in it which we all have to confront

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by seangy4konji: 10:48am On May 17, 2017
Suicide is not an option...

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by koladebrainiac(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2017
I HAVE OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES THAT CLAIM THEY ARE NIGERIA AND TRYING TO SCAM PEOPLE. IN THE END WHEN THEY CATCH THEM THEY QUICKLY SAY THEY ARE NIGERIA .
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:48am On May 17, 2017
So much truth in that article. That's the average mindset of a Typical Nigerian.
You see the average Nigerian always think they are way smarter than the next Joe. If they have opportunity to meet anyone slightly richer than them, they will either turn a liability,beg or just expect u must help them e. g Tonto Dike's Nanny.
If they meet a white person they will suck up n 'Oga sir' them up n down. Then eventually come up with a sob story so they can get money or try to take advantage. I won't even start with the girls. We as a people need to look inward and realise than we are our own problem. It's easy to say our politicians are corrupt blah..blah.. blah. But our politicians are a reflection of us.In the words of Simon Sinek "Our politicians are mirror raised to us". A typical Nigerian would rather leave behind money as his/her legacy rather than a good name or a life impacting initiative that will better the lives of his immediate environment. The way our society is turning out should tell you we are losing a fight for the dignity of our beloved country. When a fresh graduate sees a job of 30k rather than examine how that job can further elevate him with more hands on experience n skills, he is bothered about how that salary befits him as a graduate. Remember he just might be a politician some day. What kind of politician will he be? The type that really wants to better the lot of his people or just wants to grease his pocket?
If we continue this way we will keep getting the politicians we deserve; We will keep getting insults and scorn from the rest of the world.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:48am On May 17, 2017
But the white man no dey lie na. even though he was wrong to hate all nigerians because of this scam of a thing. not all Nigerians are bad. its just illogical to think that if all internet scammers are Nigerians, then all nigerians are internet scammers.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ztar(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2017
if only the writer visits this country... he will see worse...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

The bold is an exaggeration!!!

Bro, be realistic, please. Except you don't live in Nigeria. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of Nigerians who are not fraudsters but who are dishonest.

Show me the country where people are not dishonest. Why do you think America has a militarized police force ? Or maybe you assume the Germans, Russians or Israelis are angels ? Which people grow and sell heroin in greater quantities than Asians ?
Resist the brainwashing

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kristian98(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2017
most sites are even banning nigerians. I rarely browse without using a vpn

6 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by blackfase(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2017
Disturbing stuff. Make I kuku add my own. Lost my modem with sim so I went into this gloworld office for a replacement. Fulfilled all righteousness, time for me to pay and oga tells me, your money is N2,200.

Me: What? Goodness me!
Oga Glo; this is 4g sim I'm giving you
Me; oga, I don't have that type of cash on me
Oga Glo; how much do u hav
Me; I hav less than N1k for....
Oga Glo; how much do u hav?
Me; 700

I left after paying N700. From N2,200 to N700....smh

Nigeria truly needs divine intercession....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:50am On May 17, 2017
mcjude03:
We did it yesterday, and we are doing it again , call now to subscribe
see what we're talking about. See one of them. Stupid thief

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Woman Stripped Unclad For Stealing Handbag. Photos / Yahoo Boy Tries To Pluck Out His Mother's Eyes For Rituals In Delta (Pics) / Kidnappers Kill Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.