Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62742 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SlimAdenike(f): 11:10am On May 17, 2017
To some extent the guy is right but assuming all Nigerians are fraudsters and crooks is just plain stupid and hateful.

We have so many honest Nigerians that wish this country well and we have the bad eggs that keeps ruining the imagine of our nation.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by yori: 11:10am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Ricardo also commented this:

Nigeria needs some kind of purge really. You must b strong living here..ive been here for just 18months n I don't think I can take it with the hypocrisy anymore. Religion politics n corruption work hand-in-hand here even little poor uneducated kids see these three as their own personal ambition in life. I think Nigeria is just gonna get worse over time...so leave while u can is what il say to the few sane pple who would rather raise a better and morally-just future for themselves

7 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ivolt: 11:12am On May 17, 2017
Ishilove:
This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

While the generalisation is wrong and some of his points are point blank racist,
no conman will ever claim to be a Nigerian.

In fact, the reverse is the case, the scammers will likely hide their Nigerian
identity when they can, so if someone is outed as a Nigerian, I am very certain
he is.

Will you trust someone from a country with a lot of internet scammers ?

I remember while in school, scammers are viewed as smart and intelligent
people who know how to make money with their brain.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by freshinko: 11:12am On May 17, 2017
The truth is bitter, but we gat to swallow it, there is no atom of racism in this write up. Nigerians are too ambitious which good. Youths took smart crime dimension when the leaders failed to manage our over ambitious tendencies and energies well. Had our leaders put basic things on ground for us, the youths won't be going extra miles just to better their lives. Crime is not good, but d society me & you live in hallows successful crime.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kpaminose: 11:12am On May 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So the only thing you could decipher from that write up is hacking? The write up is talking about the general state of moral decadence that has become the grain of being a Nigerian ...You work with ethical hackers yet your thinking is very shallow like the article says ...We are talking about the dishonest shop keeper , the dishonest pastor, the dishonest tither that has come to church to scam God ...Take it or leave it Nigerians are scum ..I am a Nigerian who currently lives in Nigeria but I dread trying to have any interaction with them everyday except it's highly necessary...Imagine just last week a 5 year old child tried to scam when I tried to buy some stuff from his mums store , the urchin inflated the stuff by 20 naira and even tried to give me a reason for the price hike till his mum came and blew his cover ..
I think you are the one with shallow brain here. I commented about dishonesty and love for vanity in the other of my comment. I think you have not left the shores of Africa that's why you are self hating. There is no honesty anywhere. Even the guy writing that nonsense would rip someone off if he has the opportunity. It's just human nature. Nigeria's system is bad and corrupted and not the people. The First World Countries have managed to make the system more transparent that's why there seems to be less corruption there but still they manage to carry out large scale corruption. Higher than you would ever imagine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:12am On May 17, 2017
TheVictorious:

Guy, you people should learn to be objectively understand when people make sound points. You say some whithes, but they have just described "the average Nigerian". Until you recognize your problem, you can't solve it.
The problem stare us Nigerians in the face but we just ignore because it's not in their interest.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by blaquebelle: 11:12am On May 17, 2017
So painful cry
Well...F*ck them all!!! I ain't no scammer. angry angry cheesy
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Boldtrust(m): 11:12am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Emmanuel, who claimed to be a Nigerian, commented this:

Oh Father! This is awfully true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by DollarAngel(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2017
stealthtiger:

Greatest scumbag of the Earth. That's who you are

Been called worse by more reasonable and responsible people
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by moorevic(m): 11:14am On May 17, 2017
Just as their Presido once incited a bigot during his run for office about Latinos being sex instrument shows how perverted and mind twisted whites are.
Take a look at the annihilation of the red indies from their own land by the so called American free world.
Disruption of the sovereignty of other countries. E.g Nigeria, Libya, iran, kuwait, manipulating and absorbing their mineral resources like saprophytic pests.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bishopkay: 11:14am On May 17, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Let's not defend what's wrong.

What's stops her from giving it her own brand name? Because she wants to ride on the popularity and uniqueness of Gucci. And that, just like someone selling other fake products-is a crime because she's not a Gucci distributor.
When you go to Alaba international you'll people selling fake LG, Samsung and Sony logos. They bring substandard electronics from China and brand it original LG. They know what they were buying from China is fake but people like us don't until we start using it.
Same as that lady. Someone can come and buy her shoes in large quantity. The person knows he's buying fake Gucci. But he takes to to a fancy boutique and sells it a original Gucci price. And a novice like me that wants to wear Gucci for the first will go and buy it.

While I understand your point of view, I still beg to differ. It would even surprise you that she didn't even think of that. Those logos and condiments are sold in the open market. She maybe simply bought and fixed those as a fitting finish to the work.

So don't just carry out an onslaught on her because you failed to reason all corners of your argument

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by MajorGomwalk(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2017
konfused:

Biko, did I mention the nationality of Charles Ponzi, I only stated that the fraud was done in America by a guy named Ponzi. What's the misinformation there?

Enyia if you are among those that support outsiders who castigate Nigeria, you better stop it, no matter how bad my home is, Its still my home.

Good. Then raise a superior argument by countering theirs with actual facts and figures. I meant no offence at all but I just could not associate with that bit of half-truth in your previous post. All the best, bro

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SQMrProducer(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2017
banmee:

Lol. Keep telling yourself that so you can feel better. Smh.
It is not about feeling better. Americans are very evil. Can you tell me the reason why someone would just wake up one day and start killing people for no reason. I think the crime rate in America is higher than that of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:15am On May 17, 2017
70% of Nigerian male graduates are going into yahoo yahoo. Yahoo yahoo is fast becoming a norm. Police officers get their own shares too.

Western Union Western Union Western Union. That's the channel they get their ill-gotten money home.

If you don't want to do it, you will be forced when you see your mates buying cars worth N10million, buying houses e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:15am On May 17, 2017
kpaminose:
I think you are the one with shallow brain here. I commented about dishonesty and love for vanity in the other of my comment. I think you have not left the shores of Africa that's why you are self hating. There is no honesty anywhere. Even the guy writing that nonsense would rip someone off if he has the opportunity. It's just human nature. Nigeria's system is bad and corrupted and not the people. The First World Countries have managed to make the system more transparent that's why there seems to be less corruption there but still they manage to carry out large scale corruption. Higher than you would ever imagine
I you have lived in a first world society, then am surprised that you somehow found a way to partially defend this madness going on in the Nigerian soceity.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheVictorious(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2017
konfused:
That Blogger is a fool. A big fool, I wonder the type of things that come out of their mouth, so almost 180 million individuals are scammers and all Americans are saints. The worst is when fellow Nigerians support such trash. Americans have the highest rate of con artist in this world. Ponzi is actually the name of an American investment Banker......imagine the level of scam you must have done for a scam to be named after you,. Nigerians are learners where Indians and Russians are when it comes to scam.

I have been scammed by a Macedonian before but that wont make me to label them all as scammers.

Bunch of racist umu ndi ara

See shallowness every where, exactly the point.

Why the hell did you just overlook the points, just to turn this whole thing into a superiority contest.

They have made valid points that depict "the average Nigerian". Can you deny that fact

Now let me ask you some questions:

"Britons are white". Fact, but does it mean every single british citizen is a white man??

"Germans are tall". Does it mean that every single German is tall??

Answer that first.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by yandevboy: 11:16am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=fratermathy post=56592635]Emmanuel, who claimed to be a Nigerian, commented this:

[/quoteWow, let me rest my fingers on this keyboard. THIS IS NIGERIA I HAVE DESCRIBED ABOVE. Oh, the last point…

Nigerians are not deep. They are not deep thinkers. They dont enjoy deep discussions. They read their newspapers and love to ‘talk’ politics about what happening in Abuja and in senate, because the Newspapers convince them that the senators and governors give a damn. All the politicians care about is stealing more money and securing the next election.

They dont read intellectual stuff, tech stuff, profound stuff, philosophy…nah. They only read stuff that helps them look more flashy (ladies), or religious literature. I bet in Nigeria only 0.0001% know who Nietzche.

Yes, maybe one in ten thousand people know who Nietzche is.

That’s why the country is not growing. Because they don’t know that true knowledge, wisdom, and honesty (or at least, accountability) are the foundations of great societies. Nigerians HATE HATE HATE discipline and order, thats why driving in most places in Nigeria is like a duel. “I got here first! I wont let u pass!” LITERALLY. LITERALLY…cars but heads, see who can make it first. Nobody can be patient to let the next car pass.

They’re too busy worshiping the guy with money to go off and read somewhere and gain true knowledge.

THIS IS THE part that really got to me. Oooh how most Nigerians hate reading, talking facts when they argue and a general lack of quality knowledge in our society. Which way forward

7 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Ugosample(m): 11:17am On May 17, 2017
Ishilove:
This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

you are still living in denial...

There are serious issues in this country that needs to be fixed

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by baby124: 11:18am On May 17, 2017
You people and the OP all giving attention to a psychopath who wrote all those comments herself. Unstable people are many on the internet. Giving opinions of their own that no one cares about.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by 2shure: 11:19am On May 17, 2017
My client owes me 3.8m yet she hadnt still paid

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:20am On May 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Yes I am ..I haven't met any other
OK,but next time you jump on my mention be ready to argue reasonably, bye
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheVictorious(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2017
kahara:
I am a citizen of a country without a leader, a country where every way na way as long as it leads to somewhere. The above account I believe it to be true, the whole truth, nothing but the truth. What do you expect when even the leader of the supposedly giant of Africa has scammed his subjects not once but twice! So help our country men and women, save us from evil doers Lord.

Amen.

Nota Belle: Please who has heard from our President General himself? I hope nothing untoward has taken place.

True, you really got the point. But another thing is that we play partisan politics over everything. By your comment now, I don't know if you're trying to subtly underscore your sentiment for a particular political party. That may not be the case anyway (don't get me wrong) but that's how majority of Nigerians behave.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:22am On May 17, 2017
Mementoes wept!

The article is spot on.

I am a Nigerian and I hate the attitude of most Nigerians.

To those saying we have a number of honest nigerians, the OP clearly stated that's it's going to be time consuming trying to find a honest Nigerian amongst several dishonest ones. It didn't say there are zero honest Nigerians.
It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Also the effect of the few honest ones on the general populace is like the effect of a teaspoon of salt on 50 litres of water... quite inconsequential.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SQMrProducer(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I won't waste my time to argue with any Nigerian over this ...The truth is that there is no were on earth where I have seen so many dishonest and crooked people in my life ..Are you aware that there are more Nigerians in foriegn jails than any nationality on earth ? Even small children as small as 5 years are already cheats in Nigeria.. I have not met a single honest Nigerian except myself since I was born even clerics in Nigeria are dishonest ..See madam I know before the day runs out you will gladly cheat someone if the opportunity shows up ..Instead of you to accept the truth as usual you have taken to the denial path most Nigerians prefer ..Oya kontinu
I don't know why people keep branding Nigerians as the only corrupt people on earth. Do you know how many insurance fraud cases are recorded in these so called "saint" countries. Oya u sef kontinu
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by KemjikaEme: 11:23am On May 17, 2017
This is the same Robert Lindsay that runs an Anti Black/African blog that denigrate Black people.
I have stumbled on his blog on many ocassions while trying to find some information on Ancient Egyptians.
He is the most racist white person i've ever encountered online,he makes derogatory publications/statements about black people,unfortunately,there are many white people that believe his words and openly support him.
What do you expect from a white foool that believe that his ancestors created Ancient Egypt and Nubia?
His blog is no longer drawing traffic,so making some racist and ignorant diatribe against Nigerians might fetch him some followers.
I don't have time to spare my thoughts on Racists!
This article is fueled by hatred,prejudice and racism.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Skubidude(m): 11:23am On May 17, 2017
remedick:

It will surprise you how many Americans make knockoffs to riches. That isn't the problem, but also the mindset of the Nigerians. The maker of what you condemn is only presenting what people WANT. You are not a business person and I don't expect you to understand.

How many made in Nigerian products have "made in Nigeria" stamped on them? Ever thought that and ask yourself why?

because Nigerians dont buy Made in Nigeria. Can u now see how easy it is to generalize and still be saying truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheVictorious(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2017
blueseacats:
The problem stare us Nigerians in the face but we just ignore because it's not in their interest.

Okay. The earlier we do something about this the better for us. Most people use these obvious problems to divide us across partisan lines just to seize power for their selfish interest. Yet we play the partisan politics like we're all politicians in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 11:24am On May 17, 2017
There's is a call going around now to ban western union to Nigeria. Every well meaning Nigerian should support this effort until the government finds a way to sanitize the society.

For Nigerians in diaspora they know exactly how to send their loved ones money. But the effort is to curb the inflow of scam money into Nigeria.

For those who does not know how dark Nigeria's name is in the international scene please don't quote me.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by whizpa(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2017
banmee:

Minority you say. Ok. I don't think you understand the country you live in. Are we not talking about a country where a policeman can stand confidently in public and collect, nay, demand bribe in full view of the world and nothing happens? Try that shiit in Germany, the U.S, France etc and see what happens to you. You will spend a better part of you life behind bars. This culture can only exist if most Nigerians, if not all, are corrupt. This is a country where you are not respected unless you are a "sharp" guy which is why only criminasl opt for public office. Guy, wake up. The OP knows knows what she/he is talking about.

Lol. OK.
How can you really say the writer knows what he/she is talking about when He/she said; "50% of population of Nairobi wakes up and think, 'Who can I ripoff today?'
Since when did Nairobi become a geographical region in Nigeria.?

He/She might be right on so many points but definitely not based on what she knows but based on 'hear say'.
And if you agree in totality, Well then, I guess you are a criminal just like she stated.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by stealthtiger(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2017
DollarAngel:

Been called worse by more reasonable and responsible people
Keep buttressing the point that you're a scumbag
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by maasoap(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2017
neutrotoba:
Sadly true.... Nigerians don't like the truth tho
When you generalised like that, you're not telling the truth. You ask me, racism is all what I saw there. He was accusing Nigerians specifically, but hating Africans all together.

Finally we threw almost all the Nigerians out of the group because frankly every single one that joined was either a scumbag or a criminal. This caused a big blowup in the group where we got accused of being “racist.” Then we got really racist, I mean like no kidding real deal discriminatory racist, and we made up a new group rule, “No Africans allowed in the group.”
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by baby124: 11:25am On May 17, 2017
konfused:
That Blogger is a fool. A big fool, I wonder the type of things that come out of their mouth, so almost 180 million individuals are scammers and all Americans are saints. The worst is when fellow Nigerians support such trash. Americans have the highest rate of con artist in this world. Ponzi is actually the name of an American investment Banker......imagine the level of scam you must have done for a scam to be named after you,. Nigerians are learners where Indians and Russians are when it comes to scam.

I have been scammed by a Macedonian before but that wont make me to label them all as scammers.

Bunch of racist umu ndi ara
Don't mind the writer of that blog. He's a lunatic that fell for a quick money scam. Who in their right mind will believe anyone will give them 100million dollars of their father's wealth. He must have been scammed while trying to scam a dumb African. The fact is those who fall for such easy and cheap scams like yahoo are also scammers. The only inexcusable thing is credit card fraud some morons from Nigeria do. Tarnishing the image.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kill Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader / 99-Year-Old Prisoner On Death Row In Enugu Prison With His Son (Photos) / Man Blames Beautiful Girlfriend For Plantain Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.