Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up (2427 Views)

Poll: What would u do?

Postpone the marriage and sort issues out: 44% (8 votes)
Continue with the wedding and return to the issue later: 55% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

My Ex Says I Should Leave My Bae And Return 2 Her Cos I Deflowered Her / What Do You Say When Your Ex Says 'I Miss You'? / My Ex Says So Much Trash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by mamagee3(f): 1:51am On Jan 14, 2010
Damn, that would be so heartbreaking!
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by amebono1: 1:52am On Jan 14, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Buahahahahaha . . .u r wicked sha grin

say aminnnnn angry tongue
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 9:03am On Jan 14, 2010
nikkykay:

Sorry for my words o.This is nonsense and silly talk!!!How could she come on the wedding day to disturb the ceremony?I like what happened cos the wedding still continued despite her silly action.Tell her to continue to hug the dude pix may be he can still come back to her.A guy didn't talk to you for 3yrs,he didn't know u had a kid for him,she didn't bother to visit the family or draw their attention that she had a child for their son.How are we sure it is the guy that is responsible for the pregnancy or she just wanted to spoil the guy's day.She is a very silly ,senseless and wicked girl.She cant deny it that she has not dated another since the guy left.To even show how gullible she is,she was expecting the guy to come and beg her after how many yrs.She is so proud and a loser.
The issue is since she has been taking care of the child for the past 3yrs that shows she is capable so she can continue with that her single mother way of life cos she is a disgrace to womanhood.

d.diamond:

why did she tell him him that she is pregnant before, 3 yrs agooooo and so what to heelllllllll with her, my wedding

continues. in fact i fit go have my honey moon near their house.

cheesy cool

Lol, i can understand your view points are from the bride-to-be's angle, and it must be crushing to experience such a scene - a strange woman claiming to have had a baby with your groom and having the audacity to claim mad love for him in your presence and during your wedding service. . .  Disastrous!

However, let me point out that the child is truly his. . .  one look at the kid and its already clear, she's his carbon-copy-in-a-female-body. . . Obviously he can see this cos the child was sitting right next to her mum when she stood to talk, he's in shock and cant even say a word, everyone's looking at him and waiting for something or anything at all to happen. . . What would u do?

Please create a mental picture of the storyline and place yourself in it, and then think of your way out of such a mess.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by hbabe(f): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2010
Any self respecting man will go ahead with the wedding, all issues can be resolved later!
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 9:36am On Jan 14, 2010
hbabe:

Any self respecting man will go ahead with the wedding, all issues can be resolved later!

The the desperate bride-to-be would want the groom to go on with the wedding. . . What if, like @ibkaye pointed out earlier, the bride wants to pause until she feels mentally and physically able to continue with the wedding? The groom can only be willing to proceed with the wedding, the final decision will rest with the intending bride.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Nura723(m): 9:37am On Jan 14, 2010
bros kucf her up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by tosyne007(m): 10:07am On Jan 14, 2010
it's really a crazy thing to imagine oneself in such an appalling situation and u will all agree with me that we can't say for real what our reactions will be except when we are experiencing the REAL THING!!!, God forbid anyway.

Anyway, in my own opinion, i will suggest the wedding must hold cos the couple-to-be must have come a long way but if the "ex" insists that she still loves the guys or/and he should consider the daughter, i will then suggest he marries BOTH of them, if it's possible. If any church or pastor will condole that.

Bottom line is, the wedding must hold. Anything aside this, the guy should forget the bride-to-be cos she would never consent later on to marry the guy and if she does, the bride's family would not.

1 Like

Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 10:42am On Jan 14, 2010
tosyne007:

it's really a crazy thing to imagine oneself in such an appalling situation and u will all agree with me that we can't say for real what our reactions will be except when we are experiencing the REAL THING!!!, God forbid anyway.

Anyway, in my own opinion, i will suggest the wedding must hold cos the couple-to-be must have come a long way but if the "ex" insists that she still loves the guys or/and he should consider the daughter, i will then suggest he marries BOTH of them, if it's possible. If any church or pastor will condole that.

Bottom line is, the wedding must hold. Anything aside this, the guy should forget the bride-to-be cos she would never consent later on to marry the guy and if she does, the bride's family would not.

Ok, to the ladies in the house. . . If u were the bride here, would u want the wedding to continue? Do u think he should marry both women immediately
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Moyola(f): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2010
A lady in d right mind shouldnt proceed wiv d wedding. . . mahhn! is she dhat desperate to wed?!
How can he marry both them right there?

Well, if we're to 'live happily ever after' then it'll have to wait. . . tongue
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2010
tosyne007:

Anyway, in my own opinion, i will suggest the wedding must hold cos the couple-to-be must have come a long way

Moyola:

A lady in d right mind shouldnt proceed wiv d wedding. . . mahhn! is she dhat desperate to wed?!

You know, those were my thoughts exactly. . .  I guess its different strokes for different folks then?
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by 190: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2010
for all i care that baby could belong to another man~

why would she keep it from me till the day i was getting married 2 someone else

HELL NO

that Kid aint my child~
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 14, 2010
Moyola:

How can he marry both them right there?

Well, if we're to 'live happily ever after' then it'll have to wait. . . tongue
really?

cos of a 3 yr old baby? ure not serious
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Moyola(f): 11:00am On Jan 14, 2010
190:

for all i care that baby could belong to another man~

why would she keep it from me till the day i was getting married 2 someone else

HELL NO

that Kid aint my child~

What if d kid is right there?. . . Basically, d kid is a spit of yu! even a blind man can tell d kid is yours! cheesy
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Moyola(f): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2010
sleek417:

really?

cos of a 3 yr old baby? ure not serious

I am! Yu think I'd hear that n face the altar to say "I do"? shocked
I'd rather not continue than file for divorce months later. cool
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 11:33am On Jan 14, 2010
Moyola:

I am! Yu think I'd hear that n face the altar to say "I do"? shocked
I'd rather not continue than file for divorce months later. cool

Why would u wanna put a hold on everything though? What investigations would u wanna carry out here? Put yourself in the bride's shoes - even u can see the resemblance in the child. . .

Personally i think things should be put on hold but i cant speak from a woman's point of view cos i'm a guy.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Moyola(f): 11:59am On Jan 14, 2010
whitelexi:

Why would u wanna put a hold on everything though? What investigations would u wanna carry out here? Put yourself in the bride's shoes - even u can see the resemblance in the child. . .

Personally i think things should be put on hold but i cant speak from a woman's point of view cos i'm a guy.

1st, bkuz I wouldnt be able to carry on anyway. . .
What investigations? Wouldn't it be obvious?! Definately he'd want to play his role as a father no matter what. . .Yep! m imagining maself as d bride hehe!! Each to their own. . .buh I juz wouldn't go on! cool
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by hbabe(f): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2010
If I trust the person I am about to wed which I should, I will listen to his brief explanation and go ahead with the wedding!
BUT if we have had issues of trust before it will be a tough decision to make on the spot.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2010
Wed first and then return to the matter? This is an issue that can tear your marital home apart after marriage. . . I dont think it has anything to do with trust oh, she needs to get him to do some serious explaining before anything happens because with the child in the picture, the whole thing has escalated.

Do u think he can accept the child and let the mum go? There are many solutions to this problem but it will be hard to implement in a country like naija.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by hbabe(f): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2010
I said what I would do. To advise another lady on this matter is another kettle of fish, as there are many things to consider!
In Naija we do have a lot of single mums and it is not compulsory to marry anyone just coz they have kid(s) for you.
The welfare of the child and where she is to live are issues to be discussed later!
Bros, if having a child for a guy guaranteed marriage in Naija so many ladies now in their late 30s would have been married by now!
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Nautillus(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
I will go ahead and Marry my Wife to be.and her the impostor thrown out of the ceremony
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2010
whitelexi:

Wed first and then return to the matter? This is an issue that can tear your marital home apart after marriage. . . I dont think it has anything to do with trust oh, she needs to get him to do some serious explaining before anything happens because with the child in the picture, the whole thing has escalated.

Do u think he can accept the child and let the mum go? There are many solutions to this problem but it will be hard to implement in a country like naija.
Bingo
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by willexyaho(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2010
the wedding will continue, after marriage I will take the necessary step to confirm if it's my baby or she is using another man's baby to blackmail me.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by tosyne007(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2010
hbabe:

I said what I would do. To advise another lady on this matter is another kettle of fish, as there are many things to consider!
In Naija we do have a lot of single mums and it is not compulsory to marry anyone just coz they have kid(s) for you.
The welfare of the child and where she is to live are issues to be discussed later!
Bros, if having a child for a guy guaranteed marriage in Naija so many ladies now in their late 30s would have been married by now!

well said!!!

the guy can take responsibility for the daughter and go on with his wedding. it is not compulsory he marries the "Ex" cos she said she still loves him, Moreover, wat kind of love is that, after 3 years!!! that's incredible. So, wedding first, deliberations and discussions later.

Just a personal feeling anyway.

whitelexi:

Wed first and then return to the matter? This is an issue that can tear your marital home apart after marriage. . .  I dont think it has anything to do with trust oh, she needs to get him to do some serious explaining before anything happens because with the child in the picture, the whole thing has escalated.

Do u think he can accept the child and let the mum go?  There are many solutions to this problem but it will be hard to implement in a country like naija.

thought you were scouting for people's opinions but it seems u are taking sides with the ladies now. U are supposed to sit on the fence and if at all u've got some contributions to make, you should be doing that from a guy's perspective not from a lady's.

I don't know if u get my drift.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by whitelexi(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
tosyne007:

thought you were scouting for people's opinions but it seems u are taking sides with the ladies now. U are supposed to sit on the fence and if at all u've got some contributions to make, you should be doing that from a guy's perspective not from a lady's.

I don't know if u get my drift.

I get your drift my friend, its just so hard to understand why a wedding should hold when there's an objection in church. I always thought the priest was required to halt until the issue has been sorted before continuing with the service.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by tosyne007(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2010
whitelexi:

I get your drift my friend, its just so hard to understand why a wedding should hold when there's an objection in church. I always hought the priest was required to halt until the issue has been sorted before continuing wihimth the service.

Of course!! The priest/pastor/bishop/minister will definately halt proceedings and will be enjoying the scenario before him (just joking) and also has the authority to call off the wedding if need be but i am sure no minister of God will want to be in such a situation.

But the ultimate decision lies with the husband-to-be and the bride-to-be. If they both agree to go on with the wedding and sort out issues with the "Ex" later, nothing else matters.

Moreover, the only issue to sort out here is to confirm the paternity of the little girl which i don't think is BIG enough to call of a wedding. About the "ex" still loving the guy, she should just forget it and move on in her quest of getting her own husband and not ruining someone's wedding.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by shooze: 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
Home Video JEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by hbabe(f): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2010
That someone has a child outside wedlock or a certain person claims to be in love is not enough ground for a Priest to call off a wedding. It can only be called off if either the bride or the groom decides not to go ahead.
I believe a good reason for a Priest to call off a wedding will be if either party is still legally married to another.
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by Vuitton(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hbabe go and sleep so you wake early for work tomorrow grin
Re: On Your Wedding Day: Your Ex Says You Knocked Her Up by hbabe(f): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2010
Vuitton! No work yet!
I still dey rest. How u dey?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Long Distance Relationships Realy Work? / I'm Frustrated. Why Are Women Like This? After 7 Years This Is What I Get?! / 12 Signs U Are Dating A Man Not Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.