Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

What Is It With Nigerian Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Nigerian Women? (3666 Views)

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. / My Love And Hate Relationship With Nigerian Men! / What Is The Problem With Nigerian Women For Heavens Sake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:23am On Jan 15, 2010
na2day?:

just trying to be like u sir tongue

Dude what are you doing here so early, normally you don't get here till very late when I'm doing my night rounds shocked
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by SEFAGO(m): 5:24am On Jan 15, 2010
Dude what are you doing here so early, [b]normally you don't here till very lat[/b]e

The guy bought generator. Up PHCN
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:26am On Jan 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin that was funny
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 15, 2010
@na2day?

lol yim ko, dnt do that.

I was talking abt our love-hate r/ship on NL.

You dey vex for me u no fit say hi? undecided
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by na2day2(m): 9:22am On Jan 15, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Dude what are you doing here so early, normally you don't get here till very late when I'm doing my night rounds shocked

I thot I shld catch u during ur practise time tongue

SEFAGO:

buy generator ke? Na my neighbor buy generator ooo, me just dey tap the light lipsrsealed
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by na2day2(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2010
FL Gators:

@na2day?

lol yim ko, dnt do that.

I was talking abt our love-hate r/ship on NL.

You dey vex for me u no fit say hi? undecided

I am married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone lipsrsealed
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by megtin(f): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2010
@poster ah ah y r u  crucifying us now?We all aint materialistic now.It depends on d ones u hv met.Anyway u finally found d one u clicked wit.wish u luck smiley
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
na2day?:

I am married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone lipsrsealed

Ogbeni, will you shut up there? angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by na2day2(m): 8:46am On Jan 17, 2010
FL Gators:

Ogbeni, will you shut up there? angry

if i sound u, eh! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women?

It's the culture. It's not easy growing up in the Nigerian society where holding hands with a guy who's not your brother can cause your poke nosing neighbour reporting you to your parents and exaggerating the whole situation. Most twenty something year old girls can't even introduce their boyfriends to their parents. undecided I think the Nigerian women are still suffering from this. grin The attitude comes across as snobbish but they just need someone to tell them to relax. undecided

I remember a time where my mom's friend's son came to look for me in the night back in Nigeria cheesy and we started chatting till 11pm in front of my house. My mom was like what the heck are you doing, you better come inside and stop disgracing yourself". cheesy
Another time he came, my mom was there and he greeted me, I just pretended I did not notice. Later on my mom was like "What you did was very bad. Why can't you answer a greeting? There's nothing wrong in smiling and saying hi to a guy".
I thought she said I should stop disgracing myself the other time. angry angry grin
Anyway I learned to be nice and smile with guys and be approachable. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
As far as I'm concerned

Some Nigerian Women are MUMU, they can't take compliment:::

For their mind, oh he is trying to toast me:: OSHI!!  angry grin grin
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Princek12(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
@poster,

I'll advise you to find a Nigerian girl who was born and raised here. The big issue is that the Nigerian girls who immigrated here and are from poor families in Nigeria usually act different from the ajebutter Naija chicks who immigrated here. The girls who were raised from poor families were usually unexposed and are already living the American dream just by getting a visa to come to America. End result, these girls lack the social skills to interact with someone like you who, even though was raised in America, is a guy from Nigerian parentage. The Ajebutter girls were already living the highlife in Nigeria and many came here merely to attend school, not as a means of fleeing from the purported poverty in Nigeria.

Another thing is that a lot of these girls may have been raised in the village or under limited exposure and never attended parties or social events like the ones in America, so, in their minds, dancing with a stranger is a taboo. Trust me, some of these Naija girls will not dance with you unless they've known you, or their friend introduces you to them, which is plain senseless because you could possess all the characteristics that which they seek in a man. Nevertheless, they have been culturally programmed to shy away from men who are strangers, regardless of whether they are attracted to the man or not. They will date a buffoon who was introduced to them by their friends rather than take their chance on a stranger who could potentially be the man of their dreams. I know it sounds illogical, but, trust me, it is village mentality.  A way to circumvent this huddle is to offer to "take care" of her or bring her out of poverty. In other words, offer to spend money on her.

Go find Naija chicks from affluent backgrounds or the ones who were born here because, even though they are still not as initially friendly to strangers like American girls, they are more easier to deal with than these village girls who were fortunate to get an American visa.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by na2day2(m): 2:57am On Jan 18, 2010
stillwater:

It's the culture. It's not easy growing up in the Nigerian society where holding hands with a guy who's not your brother can cause your poke nosing neighbour reporting you to your parents and exaggerating the whole situation. Most twenty something year old girls can't even introduce their boyfriends to their parents. undecided I think the Nigerian women are still suffering from this. grin The attitude comes across as snobbish but they just need someone to tell them to relax. undecided

I remember a time where my mom's friend's son came to look for me in the night back in Nigeria cheesy and we started chatting till 11pm in front of my house. My mom was like what the heck are you doing, you better come inside and stop disgracing yourself". cheesy
Another time he came, my mom was there and he greeted me, I just pretended I did not notice. Later on my mom was like "What you did was very bad. Why can't you answer a greeting? There's nothing wrong in smiling and saying hi to a guy".
I thought she said I should stop disgracing myself the other time. angry angry grin
Anyway I learned to be nice and smile with guys and be approachable. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

first reasonable post by a naija female on this topic wink wink kiss kiss
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 18, 2010
faakay:

As far as I'm concerned

For their mind, oh he is trying to toast me:: OSHI!!  angry  grin   grin
LOL Ewo ni ti e?

You wan make me pull out your video of you trynna get a naija babe with amala and ewedu?

You dey vex because she no gree? tongue grin grin

Remeber your lines:  I be ewedu because you fit be my amala grin
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by chic2pimp(m): 3:39am On Jan 18, 2010
faakay:

As far as I'm concerned

For their mind, oh he is trying to toast me:: OSHI!! angry grin grin
The part I highlighted is very true. Awon oniranu mschewwwwwwwwwwwwww cool
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by baby4u2(f): 4:12am On Jan 18, 2010
@Princek12 your very funny. I actually agree with you with the many bush girls in town. I'm not one sha grin
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2010
FL Gators:

LOL Ewo ni ti e?

You wan make me pull out your video of you trynna get a naija babe with amala and ewedu?

You dey vex because she no gree? tongue grin grin

Remeber your lines:  I be ewedu because you fit be my amala grin

loooooooooooooooooooooool  grin Gator Mama:: be like say u sef like Amala n Ewedu wit gbegiri and Sharki

chic2pimp:

The part I highlighted is very true. Awon oniranu mschewwwwwwwwwwwwww cool

No mind all this girls jaree,  too much forming  cheesy go dey do like say she no wan chop,  olo o je,
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by polynesian(f): 12:36am On Oct 20, 2010
chklez@post, have heard same frm male nigerian friends of mine & ex lovers.
I jst laughh, at least you knw what ur ladies are like back home lol , i think u 9ja men knw exactly how to handle them.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Rocktation(f): 12:53am On Oct 20, 2010
@OP- Really can't tell how this outburst will affect my existence. Whether you get married or not, that's your headache. I will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If U Fall In Luv With--------- / Why Do Ladies Eventually Fall For The Guys They Disliked Initially? / What Really Turns You On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.