Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) (67471 Views)

Little Girl Lives With Stomach, Liver & Bowel Outside Her Body In UK (Graphic) / Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 7:56pm On May 21, 2017
helpee:
small boy, you better stay in the romance section where you frequent. You have half knowledge...probably a student so you know nothing about medicine. You are just displaying your ignorance here. Saying blood test and genetic testing is part of history taking. Half baked knowlegde is worse than total lack of knowledge. By the way, tell us the basic genetic testing you use before every prescription and in what country that is done with evidence? So you want to administer like 5 drugs on a patient and you start testing them genetically one by one. At least, ive practised medicine in india, in uk and in singapore. Ive attended courses in the USA. Ive never seen a place where they do genetic testing for every drug? You are just blabbing because of what you read on the internet. I pity you

E tire me but I no fit argue am because I no be medical worker. Let the ones working abroad come and confirm this story.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
Wawu, why so pained? Did i hit a sore spot there? Dont worry, you got the cheap attention you wanted, moving on.byebye!
Jman06:
You are the ignoramus here! Pharmacists should be on ward rounds because they have superior drugs! One of your fake assz docs prescribed tramadol for my auntie to treat contraceptives induced hypertension, a pharmacist would have corrected that if he was there. Also, your doctor colleagues killed a 6years old child with chloramphenicol injection, a pharmacist would have warned them of the danger of haemolytic anaemia which eventually killed the child. The list is endless, but your overbloated ego will not let you see reasons.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 21, 2017
She's actually right bro
arnold123:
check Google, the pics don't even look anything like sjs bro! Those are burns resulting from fire!, now days people write shayt just to make up a blog and if someone don't know wot they are reading then they are bleeped!!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 8:07pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
E pain am o.
The pain is actually yours. I am happy about the aspect of pharmacy i have choosen, that's why i choose pharmacy over medicine in the first place. My concern is that poor nigerians will continue to die from your quackery until the day government decides to arrest the situation.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 8:11pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Wawu, why so pained? Did i hit a sore spot there? Dont worry, you got the cheap attention you wanted, moving on.byebye!
You are so insignificant where i am. Mind you, you quoted me first!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 21, 2017
Yinmu, continue wailing o
Jman06:
The pain is actually yours. I am happy about the aspect of pharmacy i have choosen, that's why i choose pharmacy over medicine in the first place. My concern is that poor nigerians will continue to die from your quackery until the day government decides to arrest the situation.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 8:17pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Yinmu, continue wailing o
On my way to my reading hall. I'll not waste my energy on you again because you are irredeemably lost.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 8:25pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:

E tire me but I no fit argue am because I no be medical worker. Let the ones working abroad come and confirm this story.
Do a little google search or walk to the nearest pharmacy and ask a pharmacist.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 21, 2017
agarawu23:
Quack nurse everywhere
One gave me injection when I was young, my aSS swell and turned to boil. I nursed the wound for months. grin the mark still dey aSS sad
and you actually believe its the nurses' fault?cant blame you for your ignorance bro, you developed some form of "pyomyositis" but there are alot of possibilities there not likely a "quack" nurse because it happens everywhere, what if the syringe she used was substandard and got infected say during transportation or at the site of prod or storage??what if it was the drug itself? what if the spirit or other antiseptic she applied before injecting you was fake?what if you harboured some resistant strain of bacteria on your skin and the injection only pushed it inside your body?how are we sure it wasnt any of these?before we say with 100% confidence it was the quack nurse?were you the only one she ever injected?? we are always too quick to point fingers at that quack/wicked nurse/doctor when we realy dont know the truth, some days ago it was another one-sided story about how doctors and nurses abandoned a young woman to die during birth, not saying dr/nurses are always angels but somethings are unlikely, the man in that story told us the woman was admitted for 4days before she gave birth even though she wasnt due for delivery, he didnt say what realy happened in those 4days, how would the drs abandon her after been there for her the previous 4 dayswhy was she admitted before her due date?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Shakes85: 9:09pm On May 21, 2017
helpee:
you are just typing nonsense. Instead of you to read and learn, you are dabbling into what you know nothing about. History taking involves taking blood sample? And you are blaming quacks. Quackery is not just about administering drugs. It involves typing rubbish on nairaland too. You are guilty of what you accused the nurse of. You are a quack
The guy na confirm quack.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Dahustler007(m): 11:03pm On May 21, 2017
Sorry Dear get well soon#OluwaIsInvolved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by ziga: 11:38pm On May 21, 2017
arnold123:
check Google, the pics don't even look anything like sjs bro! Those are burns resulting from fire!, now days people write shayt just to make up a blog and if someone don't know wot they are reading then they are bleeped!!

You don't have to believe what I posted.

The Internet is faceless but there are lots of professionals on this forum.

And there are so many other people that see that this is SJS. Bro!

However, like I said, feel free to believe what you want.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Areaboyfriend(m): 11:55pm On May 21, 2017
This looks like steven Johnsons syndrome. Even a shot of paracetamol could cause this. It is an uncommon adverse effect of some medications. The bad things about such reactions is that you never gonna know if you are allergic to to it until it happens.
I pray this child survives it. And I hope those involved are qualified and licensed.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by peacettw: 4:52am On May 22, 2017
Was forced to go through the entire thread cos of the diatribe between the doctors and the student pharmacist.

My take on this is simple really. This is TEN, toxic epidermal necrolysis, a senior sibling to Stephen Johnson since it involves more than 30% of the body.

No one should be blamed here cos it can happen to anyone including the patient who self medicates.

On pharmacogenetic testing being part of history taking in Nigeria, I reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by donodion(m): 5:52am On May 22, 2017
DrObum:
This is likely to be Steven Johnson's Syndrome.
A rare adverse reaction to some medications.

Doesn't mean the drug was expired or the nurse was wrong.
Could just happen.

God help her though.

From the photos and symptoms described by the OP it is SJS.

Allow me to use this opportunity to remind healthcare workers on this forum. Before you admit and administer any medication on your patient, always ask about medical and medication history, which includes allergies. Some people in time past have shown allergic reaction to paracetamol and other NSAIDs but because the caregiver was either in a hurry to apply medications, forgot to note this nd notify the doctor to authorise a different medication.

Doctor's/Nurses/ Pharmacist/Lab scientist must always remember we work as a team for successful patients health management.

To reverse this condition will take time and cost more,if the child survives it.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 6:03am On May 22, 2017
jesus....... @ ur last sentence..... That's really my fear. I'm with her right now, it's really bad....... Our prayers is all she needs. cry cry
donodion:

From the photos and symptoms described by the OP it is SJS.

Allow me to use this opportunity to remind healthcare workers on this forum. Before you admit and administer any medication on your patient, always ask about medical and medication history, which includes allergies. Some people in time past have shown allergic reaction to paracetamol and other NSAIDs but because the caregiver was either in a hurry to apply medications, forgot to note this nd notify the doctor to authorise a different medication.

Doctor's/Nurses/ Pharmacist/Lab scientist must always remember we work as a team for successful patients health management.

To reverse this condition will take time and cost more,if the child survives it.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Deilluminator(m): 6:40am On May 22, 2017
delishpot:

My brain? If I say yes, what can you do about it? grin grin
You investigated and found out the drug has expired or you believe people only react to expired drugs? Let me see how your super smart brain reasons o ye wise one.
check the write up again. The op said it was an expired drug. Sorry for my earlier post please.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by speak2me2016: 7:09am On May 22, 2017
You must not comment on every thread here especially when your knowledge on the topic is very narrow.
The truth is that anybody can react to drugs no matter who administers it.
Again this boy took this over the counter drugs from a chemist. So why do u say it's a nurse that gave the injection?
Doctors and nurses are found in the hospital and not a chemist.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by arnold123: 7:53am On May 22, 2017
funmisticqueen:
She's actually right bro
really baby?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 9:52am On May 22, 2017
Deilluminator:
check the write up again. The op said it was an expired drug. Sorry for my earlier post please.

It's okay. I read the post, OP said he believes it was expired. It was never confirmed by him. The poster believes she reacted to the medication only because the medicine administered was expired. People react to real medicines too. The problem here is that the nurse acted in position of a doctor which means, she just administered the medicine without proper consultations.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by DrMuzungu(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2017
fof1:

PLS KEEP QUIET WHEN U DONOT HV ANY MEANINGFUL RESPONSE, PLS. URS IS BULLSHIT. WHAT A TRAGEDY OF A FAKE ILL-TRAINED NURSE.

See who is blabbing. At least learn how to type before you post more nonsense, so that people don't notice how illiterate you actually are
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Deilluminator(m): 6:45pm On May 22, 2017
delishpot:

It's okay. I read the post, OP said he believes it was expired. It was never confirmed by him. The poster believes she reacted to the medication only because the medicine administered was expired. People react to real medicines too. The problem here is that the nurse acted in position of a doctor which means, she just administered the medicine without proper consultations.
I got your point. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by aderosh(f): 11:53pm On May 22, 2017
delishpot:

Oh I see. But this symptom is typically associated with people reacting to certain chemical compounds in some medications. Not necessarily linked to expiration.
We can't judge,we don't knw exactly wat happen.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by rezzy: 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
darbeelicous:
jesus....... @ ur last sentence..... That's really my fear. I'm with her right now, it's really bad....... Our prayers is all she needs. cry cry

How is she doing now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get Clear White Eyes Naturally / China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.