Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) (68042 Views)

Little Girl Lives With Stomach, Liver & Bowel Outside Her Body In UK (Graphic) / Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nnadijeff3: 10:20am On May 21, 2017
DrObum:
This is likely to be Steven Johnson's Syndrome.
A rare adverse reaction to some medications.

Doesn't mean the drug was expired or the nurse was wrong.
Could just happen.

God help her though.
U are totally correct.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by theway83: 10:22am On May 21, 2017
Jesus Christ
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by talktonase(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2017
Pray never to fall sick in this country enough to end up in the hospital ...
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by helpee(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
she z currently fighting for her life........ At this moment she has a swollen stomach which sounded as if filled with air. She can barely breathe, talk, see and even eat. This is because these passages are blocked due to the damages caused by the injection.

Little ofeyinwa has no mother, she's been taken care of by her aunty whom she lives with.

According to her, they have been in the hospital for three weeks yet her condition is still d same.

Please take time to pray for her and quick recovery.

Cc: lalasticlala
This is SJ syndrome. Can follow administeration of any drug including common analgesics and anti malaria. The nurse is likely innocent of this. You may only accuse her of practising beyond her scope because injections shouldnt be administered in chemist shop but not for causing SJ syndrome. Na drug caused that one. We pray for her quick recovery though

4 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nairaarea: 10:25am On May 21, 2017
Not everyone on white in a Patent medicine store is a registered nurse. The media needs to know this. Anybody that is not a registered nurse claiming to be nurse is a quack and should be arrested.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by doctore212(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2017
This is obviously Stevesons Johnson syndrome. Quote me anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by solpat(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2017
Na to inject her with the same injection sure pass cheesy

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Waspy(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2017
That's Stevens Johnson syndrome. Op shld check it up on Google.

This may happen to the child even if she was treated by the best physician in the best nations.

The internet is open for all.... It's such a pity a lot of Nigerians are as ignorant as the Galatians Apostle Paul talked abt.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/stevens-johnson-syndrome

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by carzola(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2017
This op is confusing me
Is it a he or a her?

Although I know afonja
Dont know the difference between
Genders only when they want to
Rape their victim.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On May 21, 2017
nNEOo:
these demons that paid more attention to their hair n not their books........

look @ d pain you've put this little princess.....

girls pls your brain is not in ON your head it IN your head,
quit fixing wee von n pay attention in class, ladies pls.....

no child should be allowed go through such pain.
why do Nigerians always assume every nurse is a she ,such level of ignorance, so also some people call patent medicine dealers doctors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by mylifeisagift(m): 10:35am On May 21, 2017
beautycrush24:
I see some doctors defending as usual. #NaTheWorkWeyThemDeyDo

Get well soon Ify
it's not actually defence!..History or no history adverse drug reactions could still occur even in people who were previously non reactive to such medications. You don't just crucify people cuz things went wrong,You criticise them only when they err...Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Kaybaba5(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2017
DrObum:
This is likely to be Steven Johnson's Syndrome.
A rare adverse reaction to some medications.

Doesn't mean the drug was expired or the nurse was wrong.
Could just happen.

God help her though.

Thank you. .....
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by baylord101(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2017
Stop blaming the nurse, she reacted to the injection doesn't mean the nurse adminstered expired product. Even if it's expired such reaction is not suppose to occur. Like Media were quick to refer the doctor that treated Sen Adeleke "Quak" if not for what happened such media need to be sue .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by slysteel: 10:38am On May 21, 2017
Its allergy,she reacted to the content of the injection,that doesn't mean the drug is fake,some people react to anti malaria components like (quinine) or antibiotics pennicillin in that manner,i know a man whose groin area turns into a burn after anti malaria like chloroquine.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by tbaby4u(f): 10:39am On May 21, 2017
munyiwa:
Your title reads Nurse,and the content reads Doctor
.Which? Over the counter attendants are neither Doctor nor Nurses,they are Quacks

Op confused us more by saying little girl but using he, her at the same time. Which do we believe, boy or girl?
Or is the economy affecting your English too grin
munyiwa:
Your title reads Nurse,and the content reads Doctor
.Which? Over the counter attendants are neither Doctor nor Nurses,they are Quacks

Op confused us more by saying little girl but using he, her at the same time. Which do we believe, boy or girl?
Or is the economy affecting your English too
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by MegMich(m): 10:40am On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
Hey fam..... When u take a look at this pictures what comes to mind, burns? Hot water or fire.... But it's neither of those. This was caused by an injection reaction (that's what the doctor called it!)

8years old ofeyinwa is currently at the federal Medical Center Owerri, he's suffering from what the doctor called injection reaction, apparently, ifeyinwa got down with a cold few weeks back, then her aunty took him to a Nearby chemist, the nurse gave her an injection (obviously expired) ... Anti-maleria she called it. Not quite long ofeyinwa's skin change and it resulted into this, burns all over her face and body. Please let's pray for her quick recovery.
agarawu23:
Quack nurse everywhere
One gave me injection when I was young, my aSS swell and turned to boil. I nursed the wound for months. grin the mark still dey aSS sad
darbeelicous:
exactly my point...... She never cared to find out if the child's immune system would tally with the treatment she administered...... It'd shock u to know that she's still walking around free, doing her business as usual. angry angry
beautycrush24:
I see some doctors defending as usual. #NaTheWorkWeyThemDeyDo

Get well soon Ify
chynie:
Is the child a He or her
But the nurse should be arrested first
This is why I dey fear all this chemist
MARKone:

You must be kidding me!! Not the nurse fault?! Who administer injections/drugs, without asking questions, or accessing the persons medical history. And the post said cold, them don give u injection b4 because of cold?

Y'all should take a chill pill already. I dread unqualified and overtly dangerous 'self acclaimed' medical personal but then, this can happen to anyone, even the 'most qualified' practitioners out there. It is an adverse drug reaction and can occur from something as 'trivial' as antibiotics.

From the picture, considering that more than 10% of the body surface is involved, this is 'most likely' beyond Steven Johnson Syndrome. It is more of Steven Johnson Syndrome/Toxic epidermal necrolysis overlap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by BullionVan111: 10:41am On May 21, 2017
Injection Reaction test should be carried out before the patient is to be blamed.
We should not just rush to conclusion, perhaps it might be a hypersensitivity reaction or been allergic to the medication

Wishing him a quick recovery
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by ignis: 10:42am On May 21, 2017
Not again
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by godquality: 10:48am On May 21, 2017
Oh God, i don't know what I'll do if my child is deformed like this. I thought i was strong until this pic brought tears from my eyes.

I hope the nurse is held responsible for this crime against the child.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by MMMscam: 10:49am On May 21, 2017
Igbos are fake drugs sellers, I'm not surprised!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by oshe11: 10:49am On May 21, 2017
slawomir:
it is possible the nurse is not at fault. maybe the body of the little child didn't react well with that injection
just like the ridges of human finger print is different for each person on planet earth so also our body are all different
like me if I take injection especially chloroquin injection then I will start sleeping instantly and the upper and lower jaw of my face( maxila and mandible) will start paining me.
if I enter a car that uses fuel then I start vomiting instantly
our body reacts differently no need to blame the nurse immediately. proper investigation should be carried out
So na wich car U com dey enta na?

The one that uses water or electricity shocked

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by jfleece(m): 10:49am On May 21, 2017
slawomir:
it is possible the nurse is not at fault. maybe the body of the little child didn't react well with that injection
just like the ridges of human finger print is different for each person on planet earth so also our body are all different
like me if I take injection especially chloroquin injection then I will start sleeping instantly and the upper and lower jaw of my face( maxila and mandible) will start paining me.
our body reacts differently no need to blame the nurse immediately. proper investigation should be carried out
pls can I ask a question... Maxila and mandible.. Are they Roman soldiers

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by dechar(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2017
slawomir:
my dear no take chloroquine again health minister warns
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by SirVintageCock: 10:52am On May 21, 2017
godquality:
Oh God, i don't know what I'll do if my child is deformed like this. I thought i was strong until this pic brought tears from my eyes.

I hope the nurse is held responsible for this crime against the child.
CRIME? Not a crime sir. It is an adverse drug reaction. Steven Johnson syndrome. Don't be surprised that child is reacting to a drug that is as common as eg a paracetamol injection. Sh!t happens

4 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Shakes85: 10:52am On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
Hey fam..... When u take a look at this pictures what comes to mind, burns? Hot water or fire.... But it's neither of those. This was caused by an injection reaction (that's what the doctor called it!)

8years old ofeyinwa is currently at the federal Medical Center Owerri, he's suffering from what the doctor called injection reaction, apparently, ifeyinwa got down with a cold few weeks back, then her aunty took him to a Nearby chemist, the nurse gave her an injection (obviously expired) ... Anti-maleria she called it. Not quite long ofeyinwa's skin change and it resulted into this, burns all over her face and body. Please let's pray for her quick recovery.
Op why you so ignorant?

3 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by IRobot7(m): 10:53am On May 21, 2017
Anaphylaxis! It looks like Stevens Johnson syndrome. It is a life threatening condition that results from the reaction to a medication. It affects the body externally and internally . It causes blisters that progress to the peeling of the skin. The internal organs are also damaged and there is increased difficulty in eating, swallowing, urinating, and even excretion. This child is in so much pains right now as it damages the organs as well. I pray God saves her.

2 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by CzarChris(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2017
And whenever I reject or run from injections people call me a wuss. Yeah let me remain a "wuss" just keep that gaddamn needle away from me. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Klington: 10:55am On May 21, 2017
Expired injection
Expired hospital
Expired nurse
Expired President
Expired country......................

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by xendra: 10:56am On May 21, 2017
nNEOo:
these demons that paid more attention to their hair n not their books........

look @ d pain you've put this little princess.....

girls pls your brain is not in ON your head it IN your head,
quit fixing wee von n pay attention in class, ladies pls.....

no child should be allowed go through such pain.
undecided so you couldn't nicely make a comment without bringing your gender issues in that's just stupid. even doctors kill too, this is not a gender issue.

Wish the little child quick recovery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) / 195 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths, & 53 Discharged On May 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.